Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dantonio pulls cupps scholly BC we found someone better

+16
The_Dude
DWags
Nordic
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
The Ingenious Gentleman
HT
Travis of the Cosmos
Giant Moose
Herbie Green
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Blanch32
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Dantonio pulls cupps scholly BC we found someone better - Page 3 Empty Re: Dantonio pulls cupps scholly BC we found someone better

Post by Blanch32 2015-07-28, 14:40

Giant Moose wrote:Rocky getting angry now:

SpartanRocky said...
To whomever unlocked this thread, please do not do so again.

http://michiganstate.247sports.com/Board/93/Contents/Michigan-States-Staff-Pulls-Cupps-Scholarship-38396298?Page=27

Time to earn your stripes snake
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Dantonio pulls cupps scholly BC we found someone better - Page 3 Empty Re: Dantonio pulls cupps scholly BC we found someone better

Post by Giant Moose 2015-07-28, 14:42

Blanch32 wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:Rocky getting angry now:

http://michiganstate.247sports.com/Board/93/Contents/Michigan-States-Staff-Pulls-Cupps-Scholarship-38396298?Page=27

Time to earn your stripes snake
I could be wrong, but it seems to me that Sean Scherer, staff of 247, was the one who unlocked that thread. Rocky thinks he can control 247 writers now.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-07-28, 14:57

Rocky is such a d bag Dantonio pulls cupps scholly BC we found someone better - Page 3 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-07-28, 15:07

After reading that thread about the tailgate, that guy's policies is about destroying fun.

He's a total buzz kill.

Also, what damage could happen if a thread like that is left open? Don't tell me the morons at 247 still think they could cost MSU a recruit?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-07-28, 15:19

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Rocky is such a d bag Dantonio pulls cupps scholly BC we found someone better - Page 3 502811600
He started getting that way once they made him a junior Mod.  Before that he was just an ass licker.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-07-28, 15:22

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Rocky is such a d bag Dantonio pulls cupps scholly BC we found someone better - Page 3 502811600
He started getting that way once they made him a junior Mod.  Before that he was just an ass licker.
I had some fun over there today challenging him, but in the end he is what he is. He'd be a good mod on a site like Bucknuts, but he's a terrible mod for tRCMB.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-07-28, 16:59

Giant Moose wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
I had some fun over there today challenging him, but in the end he is what he is. He'd be a good mod on a site like Bucknuts, but he's a terrible mod for tRCMB.

Well, it's just important to remember Antonio Brown is not a playmaker.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-07-30, 13:59

Cupp was just offered by OSU.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-07-30, 14:00

InTenSity wrote:Cupp was just offered by OSU.
Did the thread on tRCMB about it get locked by Rocky yet?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-07-30, 14:01

Giant Moose wrote:
Did the thread on tRCMB about it get locked by Rocky yet?
I have no idea. Dantonio pulls cupps scholly BC we found someone better - Page 3 502811600
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-07-30, 14:07

wait a second.. there is a Spartan message board where Spartans attempt to control what other Spartans might think and say?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-07-30, 14:52

Good thing we dumped him first. OSU going for our sloppy seconds. What a tough lesson to learn for a kid :rolleyes:

Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-07-30, 15:10

Dantonio pulls cupps scholly BC we found someone better - Page 3 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-07-30, 15:11

clearly he didn't meet our lofty character standards.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-07-30, 15:15

Robert J Sakimano wrote:clearly he didn't meet our lofty character standards.

He wanted to be Goku but the only character left was Goofy.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-07-30, 15:27

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:clearly he didn't meet our lofty character standards.

He wanted to be Goku but the only character left was Goofy.
that was my initial suspicion, as well.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2015-07-30, 16:40

I'll admit, I've been a lousy Spartan lately, and I don't know who this Cupp kid is or what happened. Cliff notes would be greatly appreciated.
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-07-30, 16:46

Brock Middlebrook wrote:I'll admit, I've been a lousy Spartan lately, and I don't know who this Cupp kid is or what happened. Cliff notes would be greatly appreciated.
I didn't know who he was either, until this story broke.
Verbal to MSU in spring sometime. OSU is his dreamschool, or one of them. Went to Friday Night Lights at OSU (some sort of football camp/tryout?)
Didn't really try to tell the coaches what he was doing, some rumors that he tried to contact staff, but seemed halfhearted.
Coaching staff let him go.
Coaching staff offered Acura the last OL spot.
Acura accepted.
Blanchy starts a thread that, while somewhat topical made no sense.
Cupp, the guy who was let go by MSU just got an offer today from OSU.

I think that sums it up.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2015-07-30, 16:49

InTenSity wrote:
Brock Middlebrook wrote:I'll admit, I've been a lousy Spartan lately, and I don't know who this Cupp kid is or what happened.  Cliff notes would be greatly appreciated.
I didn't know who he was either, until this story broke.
Verbal to MSU in spring sometime. OSU is his dreamschool, or one of them. Went to Friday Night Lights at OSU (some sort of football camp/tryout?)
Didn't really try to tell the coaches what he was doing, some rumors that he tried to contact staff, but seemed halfhearted.
Coaching staff let him go.
Coaching staff offered Acura the last OL spot.
Acura accepted.
Blanchy starts a thread that, while somewhat topical made no sense.
Cupp, the guy who was let go by MSU just got an offer today from OSU.

I think that sums it up.

Excellent work, thank you.  But, why did we let him go?

** My reading comp fail, you included it. I skimmed it too fast, much like in school.
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-07-30, 17:17

Because coach D read the writing on the wall and knew he would decommit, and so dumped him in order to not lose out on his #2 choice.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-07-30, 17:18

Duh.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2015-07-30, 17:19

Don't get sassy w/me, young lady
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-30, 17:43

Kid has balls. Had an offer, knew going to fnl might screw him, said fuck it, they're my dream school, believed in himself, did well got offer. I like his moxey. Would have been even ballsier if he called and said he was doing Fnl. Still knew what might happen. I also think Urb was ok with him but offered because it will make political hay with state of Ohio coaches.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-07-31, 00:59

DWags wrote:Kid has balls.  Had an offer, knew going to fnl might screw him, said fuck it, they're my dream school, believed in himself, did well got offer.  I like his moxey.  Would have been even ballsier if he called and said he was doing Fnl. Still knew what might happen.  I also think Urb was ok with him but offered because it will make political hay with state of Ohio coaches.  

Hope he does well at OSU but Meyer has a habit of roster churn.  Pittman was a  4* defensive linemen from the Cleveland area who flipped shortly after Meyer was named HC but he was out of OSU after his sophomore season.  

So far OSU has 20 verbals if Cupp did get his offer.  Don't think Meyer is going to stop there.  In Meyers first four seasons he signed 98 players. Guess the extra guys vaporize.

OSU signed:
27 for the 2015 Class
22 for '14
24 for '13
25 for '12
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-07-31, 03:22

CoachD gives his answer:

MSU withdrew its scholarship offer to 2016 verbal commitment and offensive lineman Gavin Cupp last week after Cupp worked out at an Ohio State recruiting event. Cupp reportedly was offered by OSU on Thursday. Asked if he has a hard-line policy on commitments taking visits, Dantonio said: "I have a policy on communication."

MSU notes: Delton Williams back far behind other RBs
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-07-31, 07:48

LooseGoose wrote:CoachD gives his answer:

MSU withdrew its scholarship offer to 2016 verbal commitment and offensive lineman Gavin Cupp last week after Cupp worked out at an Ohio State recruiting event. Cupp reportedly was offered by OSU on Thursday. Asked if he has a hard-line policy on commitments taking visits, Dantonio said: "I have a policy on communication."

Rcmber are creaming themselves right now.

Can't wait to hear the excuses when our next 5 star recruit pulls this off and CMD rolls with it
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-07-31, 07:58

Blanch32 wrote:

Can't wait to hear the excuses when our next 5 star recruit pulls this off and CMD rolls with it

I don't know if the program will ever recover from losing a commitment of this magnitude. It's probably not getting the full attention it deserves. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-07-31, 08:10

GRR Spartan wrote:
DWags wrote:Kid has balls.  Had an offer, knew going to fnl might screw him, said fuck it, they're my dream school, believed in himself, did well got offer.  I like his moxey.  Would have been even ballsier if he called and said he was doing Fnl. Still knew what might happen.  I also think Urb was ok with him but offered because it will make political hay with state of Ohio coaches.  

Hope he does well at OSU but Meyer has a habit of roster churn.  Pittman was a  4* defensive linemen from the Cleveland area who flipped shortly after Meyer was named HC but he was out of OSU after his sophomore season.  

So far OSU has 20 verbals if Cupp did get his offer.  Don't think Meyer is going to stop there.  In Meyers first four seasons he signed 98 players. Guess the extra guys vaporize.

OSU signed:
27 for the 2015 Class
22 for '14
24 for '13
25 for '12

"Among those who started over at new universities are many who were found responsible for sexual assault. That includes former Ohio State University football player Se’Von Pittman, of Canton, who transferred to the University of Akron last year and joined its team.

The touted recruit was accused of sexual assault shortly after OSU’s October 2012 overtime victory over Purdue.

Ohio State opened an investigation into Pittman that November, according to disciplinary records provided by the university. He was found responsible for non-consensual sexual intercourse and dismissed. In March 2013, after Pittman missed the first spring practice, the football team announced that he was leaving the program, with no further explanation about his departure."
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-07-31, 08:54

Blanch32 wrote:

If a thread is locked on tRCMB is it possible to hear RCMBer excuses?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-07-31, 12:30

Who the fuck is CMD? Coach Mark Dantonio?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-07-31, 13:46

Rocinante wrote:Who the fuck is CMD? Coach Mark Dantonio?

Yes and good question
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-07-31, 14:50

Giant Moose wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

If a thread is locked on tRCMB is it possible to hear RCMBer excuses?

One will never know the true answer. .
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3