Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you reading? Books Suggestions

+36
Cameron
MiamiSpartan
InTenSity
aualum06
AvgMSUJoe
TheReal_LWS
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
Nordic
CORNER BLITZ
Floyd Robertson
Tyler Durden
Watch Out Pylon!
goodbar
steveschneider
Bill Cain
I.B. Fine
MattyFresh
By-Tor
Death Roe
pulling69
Triple Sparty
SeeRockCity
The_Dude
Snake Plissken
The Pantry
Jake from State Farm
AMwood
NigelUno
xsanguine
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
tTy
DWags
Turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
40 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What are you reading? Books Suggestions - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you reading? Books Suggestions

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-12, 16:18

Nordic wrote:There is a new Reacher book out. I haven't read it yet.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-midnight-line-lee-child/1126473433?ean=9780399593499&st=PLA&sid=NOK_DRS_NOOK+EBooks_00000000&2sid=Google_&sourceId=PLGoP77173&gclid=CjwKCAiAhMLSBRBJEiwAlFrsTuDJVic4fY896vOLiylgyuDPN3sFmvSPerDRDxoEPIdzO97xbmrtQxoCBIMQAvD_BwE#/

Just started this. So far, so good.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

What are you reading? Books Suggestions - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you reading? Books Suggestions

Post by Tyler Durden 2018-02-13, 12:33

Stealing Fire by Steven Kotler and Jamie Wheal
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-02-13, 20:03

Tyler Durden wrote:Stealing Fire by Steven Kotler and Jamie Wheal

Hole Lee Fuq...Tyler Durden sighting What are you reading? Books Suggestions - Page 4 1550444538
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-17, 11:47

What are you reading? Books Suggestions - Page 4 62eb18752855753
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-22, 00:38

Back on game of thrones let’s go
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-03-16, 09:01

I did something really crazy old school last night. I went to my local library and got a library card. Not bad for township municipal library. The number of DVDs and audio books alone is off the charts. They didn't have what I wanted last night, but the librarian actually took it down as a suggestion. Go figure.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-03-16, 14:56

I love my ELPL, Floyd. You should check to see where your card is accepted. A lot of libraries offer reciprocity. I can use the MSU libraries, which is great when I want to masturbate in the grad stacks... just like old times. What are you reading? Books Suggestions - Page 4 3434560931
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2018-03-16, 15:09

tGreenWay wrote:I love my ELPL, Floyd. You should check to see where your card is accepted. A lot of libraries offer reciprocity. I can use the MSU libraries, which is great when I want to masturbate in the grad stacks... just like old times. What are you reading? Books Suggestions - Page 4 3434560931

nothing worse then going back and you go in the library to masturbate and there's some college kid there in your old spot, yanking it and you're like, "hey. sup. i used to jerk here too. well. I better get going. enjoy these times. it goes fast." and then you feel really old as you walk across campus in the rain realizing this isn't your place anymore.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-03-16, 16:01

goodbar wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I love my ELPL, Floyd. You should check to see where your card is accepted. A lot of libraries offer reciprocity. I can use the MSU libraries, which is great when I want to masturbate in the grad stacks... just like old times. What are you reading? Books Suggestions - Page 4 3434560931

nothing worse then going back and you go in the library to masturbate and there's some college kid there in your old spot, yanking it and you're like, "hey. sup. i used to jerk here too. well. I better get going. enjoy these times. it goes fast." and then you feel really old as you walk across campus in the rain realizing this isn't your place anymore.

Nonsense. If these punks won’t yield to this OG, I’ll leave my Spartan juice all over the participation ribbons taped to their notebooks.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-03-21, 11:39

Yay, the library just messenged me said I can pick up the Stephen Hawking book I put on hold. It's about time.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-21, 11:50

Floyd Robertson wrote:Yay, the library just messenged me said I can pick up the Stephen Hawking book I put on hold. It's about time.

The last book about Time that I read.....

What are you reading? Books Suggestions - Page 4 4806
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-03-21, 11:56

LooseGoose wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Yay, the library just messenged me said I can pick up the Stephen Hawking book I put on hold. It's about time.

The last book about Time that I read.....

What are you reading? Books Suggestions - Page 4 4806

Hmmm, that actually looks interesting, maybe a little time-consuming though.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-03-21, 14:48

I enjoyed Lee Child’s The Midnight Line, Floyd. Just getting into Nelson DeMille’s The Cuban Affair.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-03-21, 14:49

Speaking of which: You know how Cubans start their races?
On your Marx
Get set
Go!

(Blame Nelson DeMille, not me.)
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-05-17, 22:00

Anyone read ready player one?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-05-17, 22:07

I read it last year - quick read and full of 80s pop culture
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-05-17, 22:22

tGreenWay wrote:I enjoyed Lee Child’s The Midnight Line, Floyd. Just getting into Nelson DeMille’s The Cuban Affair.

First half of the book was a lot of same old same old. I know they all follow the same script, but it was a little over the top for me. Grinded through and it definitely got better. Second half was solid/really good.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-05-17, 23:01

CORNER BLITZ wrote:I read it last year - quick read and full of 80s pop culture

Enjoying it early on. A lot more to it than i thought. Witty too.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-05-17, 23:32

Nordic wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I enjoyed Lee Child’s The Midnight Line, Floyd. Just getting into Nelson DeMille’s The Cuban Affair.

First half of the book was a lot of same old same old. I know they all follow the same script, but it was a little over the top for me. Grinded through and it definitely got better. Second half was solid/really good.

I’d agree with that assessment. Most of these writers stick with their formulas and we can only hope their imaginations make their work interesting enough to keep going. DeMille, Flynn, Baldacci, they all follow their blueprints. I need to find more novelists to enjoy. I’ve read a couple by Dennis Lehane and really enjoyed them. Thinking I’ll read the rest of his work this summer.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-05-19, 21:42

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Anyone read ready player one?

If any y’all were teens in the 80s/grew up in the 80s or just like a solid easy read - this shit is great. Would recommend. Can’t put it down
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-05-22, 15:30

Has anyone read “The Cartel”?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-06-07, 08:13

Dropping this here for otpt.

https://youtu.be/qzgtJleG3r8

Saw this on YouTube the other day. Thought it was pretty cool to see a tv interview on a major network about the psychedelic experience. His book looks interesting.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-06-07, 13:38

I've never been into oaters as reading material, but I ran across this list yesterday.

21 Western Novels Every Man Should Read
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-06-07, 13:41

Thanks Steve will check it out
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-06-07, 15:18

I wanted that Pollan interview to last longer.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-06-07, 15:25

Me too. Colbert is a very talented interviewer and it was a fascinating subject.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-06-07, 17:02

Plus he says things like tripping balls on network television.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-06-08, 02:22

What a great interview, thanks Steve. I could use a non concert trip. Will have to check out that book as well. That shit with the ego and self is spot on.

As you said, remarkable stuff.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-06-08, 02:27

The book got rave(no pun intended) reviews. 150 holds at my library though. Fuck me.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-06-08, 07:19

The tripping balls part was great. His description of the post it notes blowing away and the ego and the new vantage point....that was really deep and heavy. Even the part about his previous project and owning a cow was cool. I never heard of the guy before but he seems fascinating and eccentric in a good way.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-07-22, 17:49

steveschneider wrote:The tripping balls part was great. His description of the post it notes blowing away and the ego and the new vantage point....that was really deep and heavy. Even the part about his previous project and owning a cow was cool. I never heard of the guy before but he seems fascinating and eccentric in a good way.

What are you reading? Books Suggestions - Page 4 920x920

Just finished the book above. Starting Michael Pollan’s book as referenced by Steve now.

What are you reading? Books Suggestions - Page 4 36613747._UY630_SR1200,630_
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-08-17, 00:02

Steve you HAVE to read this Pollan book man. It’s a trip in itself. Love love love
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-08-17, 06:08

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Steve you HAVE to read this Pollan book man. It’s a trip in itself. Love love love

How far through it are you? I’ll definitely check it out. I got a Ferdinand Celine novel on deck. Yeah, he was a horrible person but he sure could write.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-08-24, 11:05

steveschneider wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Steve you HAVE to read this Pollan book man. It’s a trip in itself. Love love love

How far through it are you? I’ll definitely check it out. I got a Ferdinand Celine novel on deck. Yeah, he was a horrible person but he sure could write.

About 3/4 or so. Currently talking about patients dying from cancer coming to acceptance and gaining a new perspective on their situation.

Just found Angels and demons at one of those free library bird house things on the sidewalk. Anyone read this?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2018-08-24, 11:07

Forum Moderation For Dummies
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-08-24, 11:18

TheReal_LWS wrote:Forum Moderation For Dummies

Do you still move your lips when you read?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-08-24, 14:42

Noir by Christopher Moore.

His latest... probably not his best, but definitely worth the read.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-08-24, 14:54

Any thriller/mystery novels or any novel suggestions would be appreciated. Angels and demons seemed to get mixed reviews.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-24, 19:25

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Any thriller/mystery novels or any novel suggestions would be appreciated. Angels and demons seemed to get mixed reviews.

When at a loss always turn to the classics. I recommend Moby Dick.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-08-25, 12:53

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Any thriller/mystery novels or any novel suggestions would be appreciated. Angels and demons seemed to get mixed reviews.

When at a loss always turn to the classics. I recommend Moby Dick.

What about Salem’s lot ?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next