Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you reading? Books Suggestions

+36
Cameron
MiamiSpartan
InTenSity
aualum06
AvgMSUJoe
TheReal_LWS
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
Nordic
CORNER BLITZ
Floyd Robertson
Tyler Durden
Watch Out Pylon!
goodbar
steveschneider
Bill Cain
I.B. Fine
MattyFresh
By-Tor
Death Roe
pulling69
Triple Sparty
SeeRockCity
The_Dude
Snake Plissken
The Pantry
Jake from State Farm
AMwood
NigelUno
xsanguine
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
tTy
DWags
Turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
40 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What are you reading? Books Suggestions - Page 5 Empty Re: What are you reading? Books Suggestions

Post by aualum06 Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:04 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Any thriller/mystery novels or any novel suggestions would be appreciated. Angels and demons seemed to get mixed reviews.

I liked angels and demons as well as the whole series. I'm addicted to John grisham
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

What are you reading? Books Suggestions - Page 5 Empty Re: What are you reading? Books Suggestions

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:34 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

When at a loss always turn to the classics.   I recommend Moby Dick.

What about Salem’s lot ?
I don't recall ever reading that .
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:35 pm

aualum06 wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Any thriller/mystery novels or any novel suggestions would be appreciated. Angels and demons seemed to get mixed reviews.

I liked angels and demons as well as the whole series. I'm addicted to John grisham
Grisham is generally good
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:06 pm

aualum06 wrote:

Any favorites from him? Isn’t angels and demons series by dan brown?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:15 pm

aualum06 wrote:

Yes angels and demons, davinchi code are Dan brown. I just finished the confession by grisham about a kid on death row in Texas. The firm, pelican brief, and runaway jury are all good too, haven't read anything yet by him that I didn't enjoy.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:28 pm

aualum06 wrote:

Yes angels and demons, davinchi code are Dan brown. I just finished the confession by grisham about a kid on death row in Texas. The firm, pelican brief, and runaway jury are all good too, haven't read anything yet by him that I didn't enjoy.

Thanks - Angels & Demons is off to a solid start, a tad sloppy but whatever. Interesting enough plot.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:34 pm

aualum06 wrote:

Thanks - Angels & Demons is off to a solid start, a tad sloppy but whatever. Interesting enough plot.

There is a third one after angels and demons can't remember what it's called
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:07 pm

Everything Trump Touches Dies by Rick Wilson

In Everything Trump Touches Dies, political campaign strategist and commentator Rick Wilson brings his darkly funny humor and biting analysis to the absurdity of American politics in the age of Trump. Wilson mercilessly exposes the damage Trump has done to the country, to the Republican Party he served for decades, and to the conservative movement that has abandoned its principles for the worst President in American history....
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:29 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:Everything Trump Touches Dies by Rick Wilson

In Everything Trump Touches Dies, political campaign strategist and commentator Rick Wilson brings his darkly funny humor and biting analysis to the absurdity of American politics in the age of Trump. Wilson mercilessly exposes the damage Trump has done to the country, to the Republican Party he served for decades, and to the conservative movement that has abandoned its principles for the worst President in American history....

What are you reading? Books Suggestions - Page 5 1401550746
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:34 am

OTPT? If you're just looking for some lighter reading with a bit of history in it I would recommend you try a Michener book. He's generally dismissed by critics but that doesn't mean they aren't good reads, just that they're not literature.

His "thing" was to write the history and development of an area by following one family through the centuries. If I were to recommend among his many, many books I would start with Mexico or Poland, they're both excellent. Right behind them on the GooseScale™️ would be The Covenant or Chesapeake.

I guess if forced to pick one I would go with Poland, what you learn about that country might surprise you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:45 am

anyone got a good horror/thriller/scary book in mind? Finished Salem’s lot recently.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:52 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:anyone got a good horror/thriller/scary book in mind? Finished Salem’s lot recently.

I read that when I was in highschool and loved it. I read some Arthur Machen a little while back. He's a british horror writer. It's very subtle and atmospheric but the prose is incredible. Check out one of his short stories and let me know what you think.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:56 am

Any book about the Disco craze of the 70s would probably be terrifying.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:56 am

Jake from State Farm wrote:Everything Trump Touches Dies by Rick Wilson

I'm reading Chris Hedge's America The Farewell Tour right now. It's brutal and super depressing.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:57 am

steveschneider wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:anyone got a good horror/thriller/scary book in mind? Finished Salem’s lot recently.

I read that when I was in highschool and loved it. I read some Arthur Machen a little while back. He's a british horror writer. It's very subtle and atmospheric but the prose is incredible. Check out one of his short stories and let me know what you think.

This description from the guy who brought us corn candy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:07 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Ha! give it a read and let me know your thoughts!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:18 pm

steveschneider wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Ha! give it a read and let me know your thoughts!

Thanks for the rec. Horror isn’t my thing. I’m into espionage thrillers. Rest In Peace, Vince Flynn.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:40 pm

tGreenWay wrote:Any book about the Disco craze of the 70s would probably be terrifying.
'Polyester and Platforms'
Just the thought of it gives me chills.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:55 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Any book about the Disco craze of the 70s would probably be terrifying.
'Polyester and Platforms'
Just the thought of it gives me chills.

It was an embarrassing period in our country’s brief history.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:31 pm

goodbar wrote:just finished up an outstanding book if anyone is looking for a recommendation in the Suspense genre.

would absolutely recommend this one again.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:22 pm

goodbar wrote:
goodbar wrote:just finished up an outstanding book if anyone is looking for a recommendation in the Suspense genre.

would absolutely recommend this one again.

Good one, Sonny Elliott.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:07 pm

A Christmas Carol, Charles Dickens
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:55 pm

Can’t rememeber if I’ve recommended either of these:

Replay by Ken Grimwood
Day After Tomorrow by Allan Folsom (no affiliation whatsoever with the bad movie.)
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:30 pm

tGreenWay wrote:Can’t rememeber if I’ve recommended either of these:

Replay by Ken Grimwood
Day After Tomorrow by Allan Folsom (no affiliation whatsoever with the bad movie.)

Does that second recommendation have anything to do with that bad movie?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:40 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Can’t rememeber if I’ve recommended either of these:

Replay by Ken Grimwood

Does that second recommendation have anything to do with that bad movie?

It does, don't listen to Greenway's weak denials.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:44 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:A Christmas Carol, Charles Dickens
Are you giving yourself book suggestions in a thread where you asked for book recommendations? 

Great. Go read the fucking book. What do you need me to do here, suggest it so you can have permission to go read it or something? Weird post.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:50 pm

it's just a book thread, maybe I posted in the wrong one. take it easy, dude..
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:52 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:it's just a book thread, maybe I posted in the wrong one. take it easy, dude..
Maybe an apology is in order.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:54 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:it's just a book thread, maybe I posted in the wrong one. take it easy, dude..

How's this video for an apology? Fuck you.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:56 pm

How's this video for an apology? Fuck you.

Ohhhhhh you mountain time piece of shit
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:02 pm

Why does OTPT expect us to give him a book to read? Maybe he should buy his own book. This is tSwill not a damn book charity.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:12 pm

Turtleneck wrote:Why does OTPT expect us to give him a book to read? Maybe he should buy his own book. This is tSwill not a damn book charity.

Maybe we should teach OTPT about public libraries where they loan you books.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:13 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Why does OTPT expect us to give him a book to read? Maybe he should buy his own book. This is tSwill not a damn book charity.

Bullshit.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:15 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:

I'm at a library at least once a week. Ever since Bob left $10 in Grapes of Wrath at the EL Library for me, I learned how to read and it changed my life.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:22 pm

Great story and I love happy endings
What are you reading? Books Suggestions - Page 5 15444010

Last edited by I.B. Fine on Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:23 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:

I'm at a library at least once a week. Ever since Bob left $10 in Grapes of Wrath at the EL Library for me, I learned how to read and it changed my life.

What are you reading? Books Suggestions - Page 5 502811600
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:31 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:Great story and I love happy endings

I didn't know this existed...how is it?!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:42 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:Great story and I love happy endings

I'm almost done, I like it. A lot of background, I really like the way he tells stories of each player on the Rangers squad.
Probably not a good gift for the Blues, like Travis
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:43 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:

I'm almost done, I like it. A lot of background, I really like the way he tells stories of each player on the Rangers squad.
Fuck you you sack of shit no one calls me that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:43 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:
Fuck you you sack of shit no one calls me that.
Wow that was quick!
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next