Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Weekly Mass Shooting

+28
Wally Fairway
Code_Warrior
The_Dude
Turtleneck
xsanguine
pulling69
CORNER BLITZ
Travis of the Cosmos
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
Tim Wakefield
DWags
NigelUno
Dr. Strangelove
Watch Out Pylon!
SpartanInNH
WhiteBoyHatcher
tTy
Blanch32
Floyd Robertson
Gomer
StylesGShmooth
Vlad
kingstonlake
steveschneider
tGreenWay
32 posters

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Your Weekly Mass Shooting - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Weekly Mass Shooting

Post by Guest 2015-12-03, 13:13

xsanguine wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Jake Sherman ‏@JakeSherman 12m12 minutes ago
“All four guns were legally purchased,” San Bernardino police chief says. No criminal record

========

So. Not a single proposal would have stopped these people from getting guns short of complete prohibition and confiscation.

I used to date a girl who's father made guns in his basement. First time I went to her house and spent the night with her in her room in the basement. I came out in the morning to see about 2 dozen guns that look like they were meant to be mounted on the top of a jeep... huge fucking things.

Even prohibition and confiscation won't do much except create a black market for machinists to get very rich like drug dealers.

You don't say? But prohibition has worked so well in the US on other problems, I think applying it to guns is the answer. After all it worked in Australia.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-12-03, 13:13

“All four guns were legally purchased,” San Bernardino police chief says. No criminal record

========

So. Not a single proposal would have stopped these people from getting guns short of complete prohibition and confiscation.

Talk about trolling and over generalization. You are becoming the king of that, which is why Bob hits you with the legitimate rape troll all the time. You refuse to talk sensibly and instead throw these ridiculous straw men up every chance you get. At least xsanguine acknowledges arguments and addresses actual points, you just wave your arms and scream at the top of your lungs (virtually).
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-03, 13:14

Rocinante wrote:

========

Talk about trolling and over generalization. You are becoming the king of that, which is why Bob hits you with the legitimate rape troll all the time. You refuse to talk sensibly and instead throw these ridiculous straw men up every chance you get. At least xsanguine acknowledges arguments and addresses actual points, you just wave your arms and scream at the top of your lungs (virtually).

For a minute he was when I got him to just talk about what he actually thinks. He reverted back to the mean though.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-12-03, 13:14

========

Well, if 1 guy legally purchased 4 guns...a proposal to limit the amount of guns you could purchase to 2 wouldn't be complete prohibition or confiscation. That's hypothetical, of course.

But, it clearly wouldn't be complete prohibition.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-03, 13:15

NigelUno wrote:

========

Well, if 1 guy legally purchased 4 guns...a proposal to limit the amount of guns you could purchase to 2 wouldn't be complete prohibition or confiscation. That's hypothetical, of course.

but... FREEDOM!!

and.. PERTECKT!!

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-03, 13:15

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Tell the women to:
reduce or stop drinking.
stay with friends
dress conservatively (Jeans and a top - not talking anything too radical)

If just those things happened I'd bet actual rapes would decrease by 90% or more.

And supported by research by experts unlike your bullshit spewed here. It's been linked in many threads and ignored by you. Just as you ignore any fact that doesn't fit your fucked up world view. Your hope in this thread of a right wing nut doing the shooting has died so you fall back on that shit - happens every time when you're proven wrong.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-03, 13:17

NigelUno wrote:

========

And that would have reduced the fatalities here by?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-12-03, 13:18

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

And supported by research by experts unlike your bullshit spewed here. It's been linked in many threads and ignored by you. Just as you ignore any fact that doesn't fit your fucked up world view. Your hope in this thread of a right wing nut doing the shooting has died so you fall back on that shit - happens every time when you're proven wrong.

You seem to be applying gun nut logic to rape. Or am I reading that wrong?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-03, 13:19

Rocinante wrote:

========

in all honesty, when that it someone's thought process, it's not at all a big jump to believe that they want everyone in America to have an assault rifle...

all I can do is be thankful that someone of that ilk doesn't have children in the East Lansing school district.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-12-03, 13:20

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

That's a hypothetical also. But, it clearly wouldn't be complete prohibition...which is what you said.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-03, 13:25

NigelUno wrote:You seem to be applying gun nut logic to rape. Or am I reading that wrong?

Explain how you're reaching that conclusion?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-03, 13:27

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

That's a hypothetical also. But, it clearly wouldn't be complete prohibition...which is what you said.

So you'd be happy with the outcome if they had all been shot with fewer guns? Silliness.

As is this whole argument that somehow gun laws are going to stop terrorism. Too bad France didn't think of that. Too bad we didn't pass laws prohibiting flying airplanes into buildings prior to 9/11. That makes as much sense as what you're proposing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-03, 13:29

my thoughts and prayers are with everyone that will be murdered during next week's mass shooting..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-03, 13:31

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Talk about trolling and over generalization. You are becoming the king of that, which is why Bob hits you with the legitimate rape troll all the time. You refuse to talk sensibly and instead throw these ridiculous straw men up every chance you get. At least xsanguine acknowledges arguments and addresses actual points, you just wave your arms and scream at the top of your lungs (virtually).
in all honesty, when that it someone's thought process, it's not at all a big jump to believe that they want everyone in America to have an assault rifle...

all I can do is be thankful that someone of that ilk doesn't have children in the East Lansing school district.
[/quote]

And altering my words/meaning - so in plain language - lying. All good for you. Once again I'll ask if you've sent the same kind of bullshit to the researchers that came to the same conclusions?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-03, 13:32

per CNN:

Police found 12 pipe bombs, 2,000 9mm rounds, 2,500 .223 rifle rounds and hundreds of tools in the San Bernardino shooters' home.

America!! Your Weekly Mass Shooting - Page 9 3493939353

thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families during this incredibly difficult time.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-12-03, 13:37

Bob, I have to assume you're for disarming cops, right? Considering all of the high profile shootings of individuals...
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-12-03, 13:39

It's funny to read through these and just see everyone lining up on their side of the aisle

You're wrong!
no, you're wrong!
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-03, 13:42

xsanguine wrote:Bob, I have to assume you're for disarming cops, right? Considering all of the high profile shootings of individuals...
see - that's the crazy thing.

I'm not against guns.. I mean, I've never held one or anything - but I don't have a problem with them as long as they're used responsibly.

what I do have a problem with is the idea that the problem with daily mass shootings in the United States is that there aren't enough guns.. I mean, I'm not real bright (somehow I managed to graduate from college a few times) but I don't think "not enough guns" is the solution.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2015-12-03, 13:43

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

It seems you are getting caught up in semantics.

Do a lot of hunters use automatic assault rifle military grade weapons when hunting?

Are you even reading my answers or do you just like to use the word semantics? NO ONE hunts with automatic weapons, as Doc explained earlier they're nearly impossible to obtain and prohibitively expensive. And very few people hunt using media/politician defined "assault rifles" because they're NOT POWERFUL enough.

Well, in Texas you can pay a bunch of money to go up in a helicopter to gun down wild pigs with full auto assault rifles and even machine guns

pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-12-03, 13:45

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

So you'd be happy with the outcome if they had all been shot with fewer guns? Silliness.

As is this whole argument that somehow gun laws are going to stop terrorism. Too bad France didn't think of that. Too bad we didn't pass laws prohibiting flying airplanes into buildings prior to 9/11. That makes as much sense as what you're proposing.

Wait. In a hypothetical scenario, can you shoot more people with fewer guns or more guns?

Did I say gun laws would stop terrorism?

And a law to prevent flying planes into buildings? Why do you have to resort to obvious hyperbole?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-03, 13:45

pulling69 wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Are you even reading my answers or do you just like to use the word semantics? NO ONE hunts with automatic weapons, as Doc explained earlier they're nearly impossible to obtain and prohibitively expensive. And very few people hunt using media/politician defined "assault rifles" because they're NOT POWERFUL enough.

Well, in Texas you can pay a bunch of money to go up in a helicopter to gun down wild pigs with full auto assault rifles and even machine guns

those are some great Americans right there.

Not only are they gun enthusiasts.. but they're patriots. And I suspect that would like to send their thoughts and prayers to those impacted by yesterday's tragedy.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2015-12-03, 13:48

NigelUno wrote:

========

And you would limit purchases to how many? In what time frame?

And of course California already limits it one handgun per month is allowed to be purchased by law.

So I guess that one didn't work either.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-03, 13:50

so.. do patriotic gun enthusiasts have a problem with what happened yesterday in California? or is it "meh... just another example of freedoms"?

I can't figure it out. Part of me likes to think that they have a problem with it. The other part of me is searching for evidence of that.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2015-12-03, 13:51

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
pulling69 wrote:

those are some great Americans right there.

Not only are they gun enthusiasts.. but they're patriots. And I suspect that would like to send their thoughts and prayers to those impacted by yesterday's tragedy.

I suspect their business is really a front for a clandestine operation to patrol the border to take out Mexicans.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-03, 13:54

pulling69 wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:those are some great Americans right there.

I suspect their business is really a front for a clandestine operation to patrol the border to take out Mexicans.
Your Weekly Mass Shooting - Page 9 502811600

you're probably right..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-12-03, 13:56

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Bob, I have to assume you're for disarming cops, right? Considering all of the high profile shootings of individuals...

I'm not against guns.. I mean, I've never held one or anything - but I don't have a problem with them as long as they're used responsibly.

what I do have a problem with is the idea that the problem with daily mass shootings in the United States is that there aren't enough guns.. I mean, I'm not real bright (somehow I managed to graduate from college a few times) but I don't think "not enough guns" is the solution.

Fair enough. I guess I got the impression you wanted to limit the freedoms of law abiding individuals to own and possession firearms by some measure.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-12-03, 13:56

pulling69 wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Are you even reading my answers or do you just like to use the word semantics?   NO ONE hunts with automatic weapons, as Doc explained earlier they're nearly impossible to obtain and prohibitively expensive.  And very few people hunt using media/politician defined "assault rifles" because they're NOT POWERFUL enough.  

That seems silly to me.

Looks like they fly over a residential area as they are taking off too.

Last edited by NigelUno on 2015-12-03, 13:57; edited 1 time in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-12-03, 13:57

CORNER BLITZ wrote:It's funny to read through these and just see everyone lining up on their side of the aisle

You're wrong!
no, you're wrong!

Yo mama is wrong
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-03, 13:58

pulling69 wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

That's not hunting.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-12-03, 14:00

pulling69 wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Are you even reading my answers or do you just like to use the word semantics?   NO ONE hunts with automatic weapons, as Doc explained earlier they're nearly impossible to obtain and prohibitively expensive.  And very few people hunt using media/politician defined "assault rifles" because they're NOT POWERFUL enough.  

Whos' dicks are smaller? These guys or d wags?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-03, 14:02

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Fair enough. I guess I got the impression you wanted to limit the freedoms of law abiding individuals to own and possession firearms by some measure.
oh, heck no - I don't care what people do as long as they don't hurt people or advocate hurting people.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-12-03, 14:06

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

And you would limit purchases to how many? In what time frame?

And of course California already limits it one handgun per month is allowed to be purchased by law.

So I guess that one didn't work either.

Hold on. Don't jump in without addressing the idea that it wouldn't be complete prohibition. That's just not true. I know you didn't say that, but it seems to be getting skipped over.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-12-03, 14:07

LooseGoose wrote:
pulling69 wrote:

That's not hunting.

It is according to them. Who are you to say it's not?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-03, 14:22

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

That's not hunting.

I thought you and Bob supported free speech? It's my opinion that's not hunting, I'm free to express that opinion.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-12-03, 14:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

oh, heck no - I don't care what people do as long as they don't hurt people or advocate hurting people.

Bob, you're a fantastic human being.

I'd call you a great American but, well... ya know, anarchism and all that shit. Wouldn't be a compliment in my eyes. Not exactly the "patriotic" type. I hope that doesn't offend you.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-12-03, 14:31

Fucking Texas man....No
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-03, 14:38

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:oh, heck no - I don't care what people do as long as they don't hurt people or advocate hurting people.

Bob, you're a fantastic human being.

I'd call you a great American but, well... ya know, anarchism and all that shit. Wouldn't be a compliment in my eyes. Not exactly the "patriotic" type. I hope that doesn't offend you.
thanks man - I'm not easily offended.

There are already too many fragile cupcakes trying to exist in this frightening world. I'll leave the "easily offended" designation to them. I believe in people being who and what they are.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-12-03, 15:00

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I thought you and Bob supported free speech? It's my opinion that's not hunting, I'm free to express that opinion.

It's not hunting in my opinion. Those type of weapons are overkill (pun intended) for hunting.

It's not hunting. It's just killing stuff. It's real life replicating a video game.

In my opinion, guns like that should not be sold for hunting purposes. Do you agree? Or is it more important to protect someone's "rights" at the risk of a weapon like that not being used for hunting purposes?

At what point would you say...yeah...no one needs a gun like that? Or is there no limit?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-12-03, 16:45

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

It's not hunting in my opinion. Those type of weapons are overkill (pun intended) for hunting.

It's not hunting. It's just killing stuff. It's real life replicating a video game.

In my opinion, guns like that should not be sold for hunting purposes. Do you agree? Or is it more important to protect someone's "rights" at the risk of a weapon like that not being used for hunting purposes?

At what point would you say...yeah...no one needs a gun like that? Or is there no limit?

So if someone has a gun like that sitting in their basement... are you in favor of guys with guns coming to his house and taking it from him by force? Like is that the solution? Hasn't harmed anyone or threatened anyone... but because it's in his possession do you think it's right for another individual to determine he is not allowed to have it? Maybe even take him from his home by force and put him in a cage against his will?

We should probably discuss what it actually means when we say things like "Well, he doesn't *need* a gun like that..."
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-12-03, 16:50

xsanguine wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

So if someone has a gun like that sitting in their basement... are you in favor of guys with guns coming to his house and taking it from him by force? Like is that the solution? Hasn't harmed anyone or threatened anyone... but because it's in his possession do you think it's right for another individual to determine he is not allowed to have it? Maybe even take him from his home by force and put him in a cage against his will?

We should probably discuss what it actually means when we say things like "Well, he doesn't *need* a gun like that..."

What? You seem to have fallen into the deep end. Need some help getting out?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next