Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Weekly Mass Shooting

+28
Wally Fairway
Code_Warrior
The_Dude
Turtleneck
xsanguine
pulling69
CORNER BLITZ
Travis of the Cosmos
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
Tim Wakefield
DWags
NigelUno
Dr. Strangelove
Watch Out Pylon!
SpartanInNH
WhiteBoyHatcher
tTy
Blanch32
Floyd Robertson
Gomer
StylesGShmooth
Vlad
kingstonlake
steveschneider
tGreenWay
32 posters

Page 8 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Go down

Your Weekly Mass Shooting - Page 8 Empty Re: Your Weekly Mass Shooting

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:27 pm

I would like to say that - whether it's from Obama or Donald Trump or some confederate flag waving mouth breather, the whole "thoughts and prayers" thing is annoying as fuck.

I guess it's more annoying from people in power because that's usually all we get.

War on guns isn't the answer. Just like the war on drugs isnt. It's about mental health and stopping these acts before they are even thought about doing.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:28 pm

NigelUno wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Well the government has established what sort of plants and plant materials you may own, also... they've assumed control over a great many things individuals can do, own, etc. It's ironic considering we're supposed to be a nation founded on freedom and liberty.

I can't even paint my house without getting the color approved.

Sounds like an HOA. Did you not read the contract before you agreed to their terms?

I have to ask the government permission to build a shed in my backyard. Not only that they insist I pay them for the pleasure of asking for permission.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:28 pm

Rocinante wrote:But if it prevented one a year, wouldn't it be worth it?
Can you guarantee this? Which rights are you asking all Americans to give up?

Rocinante wrote:Good, law-abiding, God fearing people like yourself would still be able to get your guns, but maybe one out of every 5 whack-job wouldn't.

Can you guarantee this? Who says I wouldn't end up on some mysterious list for arguing here? I've now forfeited my rights for a promise down the road? History says that's a rotten trade.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:28 pm

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:So this is now America, we get struck by terrorists and the 1st thing the left wants to talk about is disarming OUR citizens. Yep, makes all the sense in the world to me.

They were "our citizens," bruh.
I don't think the right wing patriot gun enthusiasts think of brown people as "our citizens", though - that's another story.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:28 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

They were "our citizens," bruh.
Thanks to Teddy Kennedy and 1965, yep.

jimgeraghty ‏@jimgeraghty 7m7 minutes ago
Really, some ISIS-minded bastard comes back from Saudi, kills Americans, and Hillary, Bernie and O'Malley blame America's gun owners.

Vaughn Sterling ‏@vplus 16m16 minutes ago
CNN BREAKING: Farook was in touch with more than one international terrorism subjects -@evanperez

Now Bob can carry on with blaming the NRA - facts be damned.

Honestly, his motivations, be damned. We all know that radical Islam is dangerous. The radical anti-abortionists are also dangerous, as are the radical weirdos that shoot up schools. I don't think the motivations of the shooters changes the argument much at all. If they were not citizens, it might. So I guess I don't see your point.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:29 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:War on guns isn't the answer. Just like the war on drugs isnt. It's about mental health and stopping these acts before they are even thought about doing.

For mass shootings you're right. For terrorism there are other answers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:29 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I can't even paint my house without getting the color approved.

Is that a city ordinance? If so tell them to fuck off. If it is a HOA thing you're screwed since you signed that right away.

HOA.

There was a guy down the road a bit (in a different town) who wanted to rezone his lot (which was still zoned agriculture) so he could sell multiple residential lots on it (for new homes). He was denied, so he brought in a bunch of chickens and turned it into a "farm" of sorts. He also painted his house blue and orange (Florida colors).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:31 pm

I'd love to have a flock of chickens. I'd like to have a lot of things, though...
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:31 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:But if it prevented one a year, wouldn't it be worth it?
Can you guarantee this?   Which rights are you asking all Americans to give up?

uh, none... duh.  The brown terrorist dude still got his ar-15, you could do the same.  

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Good, law-abiding, God fearing people like yourself would still be able to get your guns, but maybe one out of every 5 whack-job wouldn't.

Can you guarantee this?   Who says I wouldn't end up on some mysterious list for arguing here?  I've now forfeited my rights for a promise down the road?   History says that's a rotten trade.

I mean... the brown guy got his... You'll be able to get yours... promise, okay?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:33 pm

remember, there are more guns than people in the United States... and the patriotic gun enthusiasts think the problem is is "not enough guns".  Your Weekly Mass Shooting - Page 8 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:35 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:War on guns isn't the answer. Just like the war on drugs isnt. It's about mental health and stopping these acts before they are even thought about doing.

How will you administer this mental health, goose!? what rights will American citizens have to give up in order to be herded into FEMA mental health camps!? HUH!?!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:36 pm

xsanguine wrote:I'd love to have a flock of chickens. I'd like to have a lot of things, though...

I'm thinking emus.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:37 pm

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

How will you administer this mental health, goose!? what rights will American citizens have to give up in order to be herded into FEMA mental health camps!? HUH!?!

Your Weekly Mass Shooting - Page 8 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:43 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:remember, there are more guns than people in the United States... and the patriotic gun enthusiasts think the problem is is "not enough guns".  Your Weekly Mass Shooting - Page 8 502811600

Pretty sure they think the issue is "Muzlems"...

I think it's the ideology in general, not the adherents... but the ideology certainly encourages radicalism based on what it is Muhammad actually demands in his holy texts. Quite an indepth debate about this over on Wells... I'm sure you can imagine that's been going =D
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:44 pm

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I'll leave that for professionals to propose not internet trolls.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:44 pm

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:remember, there are more guns than people in the United States... and the patriotic gun enthusiasts think the problem is is "not enough guns".  Your Weekly Mass Shooting - Page 8 502811600

Pretty sure they think the issue is "Muzlems"...

I think it's the ideology in general, not the adherents... but the ideology certainly encourages radicalism based on what it is Muhammad actually demands in his holy texts. Quite an indepth debate about this over on Wells... I'm sure you can imagine that's been going =D
Your Weekly Mass Shooting - Page 8 502811600

my thoughts and prayers are with the folks at Wells Hall..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:45 pm

Bob thinks we should be scared of the NRA - I think this is more frightening.

jimgeraghty ‏@jimgeraghty 39m39 minutes ago
FBI has nearly 1,000 active probes of suspected ISIS members & plots in US. But not those two in San Bernardino. http://bit.ly/1Iryy7B
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:46 pm

what I do wish for would be that every single black/brown person in the United States not only joined the NRA but applied for a conceal carry permit... all at once.

Can you imagine the gun legislation that would be passed that night in the US House of Representatives? Your Weekly Mass Shooting - Page 8 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:46 pm

This is an obvious correlation/causation argument that I don't particularly subscribe to but I think it's an interesting stat, regardless.

There's 51% less violent crime now than there was in 1991, raw numbers not a ratio. In 1991 there were 253 million citizens and today there are 320 million citizens. There is also a lot more firearms today than there were in 1991.

You'd think more guns and more people would mean there's more crime, at least per ratio. But in fact raw crime (sounds dirty, I like it) has plummeted. It's cray-cray.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:47 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:what I do wish for would be that every single black/brown person in the United States not only joined the NRA but applied for a conceal carry permit... all at once.

Can you imagine the gun legislation that would be passed that night in the US House of Representatives? Your Weekly Mass Shooting - Page 8 502811600

According to statistics a large portion of them would not qualify.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:47 pm

Good thing bombs have been banned for a long time, we don't need to worry about those anymore.

Tom Winter ‏@Tom_Winter 7m7 minutes ago
NBC NEWS EXCLUSIVE: Attackers left behind a remote control bomb similar to Boston Bombing bombs at scene @REspositoNBC & @anblanx report
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:50 pm

These were not your normal 20 something couple.

Don't know about the rest of you but my wife would have shot me if I hard seriously suggested going to a party at my workplace with her and both of us killing folks after dropping our first born daughter at a grandparent's home.

This guy had an axe to grind with his co-workers and it went from there.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:59 pm

xsanguine wrote:

This is an obvious correlation/causation argument that I don't particularly subscribe to but I think it's an interesting stat, regardless.

There's 51% less violent crime now than there was in 1991, raw numbers not a ratio. In 1991 there were 253 million citizens and today there are 320 million citizens. There is also a lot more firearms today than there were in 1991.

You'd think more guns and more people would mean there's more crime, at least per ratio. But in fact raw crime (sounds dirty, I like it) has plummeted. It's cray-cray.

I mean, the two things could be totally unrelated. That's the most likely answer actually. I find more of a link between crime and life not sucking ass, so it seems more likely that quality of life improvements have led to less crime. Cell phones didn't really exist so much back then. Now everyone has one. So, cell phones are responsible for the lack of crime. Thanks Obama phones!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:02 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:These were not your normal 20 something couple.

Don't know about the rest of you but my wife would have shot me if I hard seriously suggested going to a party at my workplace with her and both of us killing folks after dropping our first born daughter at a grandparent's home.

Not only that but they had obviously been planning this. To have gobags already set and all of the necessarily equipment to carry out this sort of attack... booby trap bombs left at the house. It wasn't some random spur of the moment decision.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:04 pm

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:what I do wish for would be that every single black/brown person in the United States not only joined the NRA but applied for a conceal carry permit... all at once.

According to statistics a large portion of them would not qualify.
so they wouldn't have access to the same freedoms that I would?

hmmmm... that doesn't seem fair.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:05 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Good thing bombs have been banned for a long time, we don't need to worry about those anymore.

Tom Winter ‏@Tom_Winter  7m7 minutes ago
NBC NEWS EXCLUSIVE: Attackers left behind a remote control bomb similar to Boston Bombing bombs at scene @REspositoNBC  & @anblanx report

Would you be in favor of expanding Homeland Security surveillance tactics?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:05 pm

xsanguine wrote:

more guns.. clearly the answer.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:05 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:These were not your normal 20 something couple.

This wasn't anything to do with a workplace dispute. This was terrorism. You don't have a bomb making factory in your home if you just had an argument at work.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:06 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I mean, the two things could be totally unrelated. That's the most likely answer actually. I find more of a link between crime and life not sucking ass, so it seems more likely that quality of life improvements have led to less crime. Cell phones didn't really exist so much back then. Now everyone has one. So, cell phones are responsible for the lack of crime. Thanks Obama phones!

Absolutely. And I'm no criminologist but I've never bought the argument that more guns makes a "safer" environment. However, I don't think it necessarily makes it more dangerous, either. I would argue that those statistics lends more credence to the latter than the former.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:06 pm

Jake Sherman ‏@JakeSherman 12m12 minutes ago
“All four guns were legally purchased,” San Bernardino police chief says. No criminal record

========

So. Not a single proposal would have stopped these people from getting guns short of complete prohibition and confiscation.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:07 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

more guns.. clearly the answer.

I'm not for forcing less guns and I'm not for forcing more guns... that's up to the individual. But it does seem that more guns does not equal more violence. More people doesn't equal more violence, either.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:07 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Good thing bombs have been banned for a long time, we don't need to worry about those anymore.

NBC NEWS EXCLUSIVE: Attackers left behind a remote control bomb similar to Boston Bombing bombs at scene @REspositoNBC & @anblanx report

Loose - can you please stop posting things like this? It makes the thread even worse, if that is possible.

You're smart and mature enough to stop this whole "ban everything" bullshit.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:07 pm

ancillary observation.. where was the #BlueLivesMatter crowd last week when the patriotic gun enthusiast killed a bunch of people, including a police officer, at the baby parts mill... errr.. Planned Parenthood.. in Colorado?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:08 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Loose - can you please stop posting things like this? It makes the thread even worse, if that is possible.

you're not trying to have a logical conversation with someone who blames females for being raped, are you?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:08 pm

NigelUno wrote:

Tom Winter ‏@Tom_Winter  7m7 minutes ago
NBC NEWS EXCLUSIVE: Attackers left behind a remote control bomb similar to Boston Bombing bombs at scene @REspositoNBC  & @anblanx report

Would you be in favor of expanding Homeland Security surveillance tactics?

With cause, perhaps. I'm not in favor of mass domestic spying without cause.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:09 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Jake Sherman ‏@JakeSherman 12m12 minutes ago
“All four guns were legally purchased,” San Bernardino police chief says. No criminal record

========

So. Not a single proposal would have stopped these people from getting guns short of complete prohibition and confiscation.

I used to date a girl who's father made guns in his basement. First time I went to her house and spent the night with her in her room in the basement. I came out in the morning to see about 2 dozen guns that look like they were meant to be mounted on the top of a jeep... huge fucking things.

Even prohibition and confiscation won't do much except create a black market for machinists to get very rich like drug dealers.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:09 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

you're not trying to have a logical conversation with someone who blames females for being raped, are you?

And Bob turns jackass liar again.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:10 pm

Well since they passed the background checks that's the only new law that would have prevented them from owning guns. Do you dispute that?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:12 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:ancillary observation.. where was the #BlueLivesMatter crowd last week when the patriotic gun enthusiast killed a bunch of people, including a police officer, at the baby parts mill... errr.. Planned Parenthood.. in Colorado?

You haven't followed that case well have you Bob?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:12 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Tell the women to:
reduce or stop drinking.
stay with friends
dress conservatively (Jeans and a top - not talking anything too radical)

If just those things happened I'd bet actual rapes would decrease by 90% or more.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next