Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Weekly Mass Shooting

+28
Wally Fairway
Code_Warrior
The_Dude
Turtleneck
xsanguine
pulling69
CORNER BLITZ
Travis of the Cosmos
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
Tim Wakefield
DWags
NigelUno
Dr. Strangelove
Watch Out Pylon!
SpartanInNH
WhiteBoyHatcher
tTy
Blanch32
Floyd Robertson
Gomer
StylesGShmooth
Vlad
kingstonlake
steveschneider
tGreenWay
32 posters

Page 13 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Your Weekly Mass Shooting - Page 13 Empty Re: Your Weekly Mass Shooting

Post by Guest 2015-12-04, 00:00

NigelUno wrote:
Geezuz.  You are a fucking weird dude.

You're OK with people having nuclear weapons.  This is kind of pointless.

LOL, you were being absurd but I'm not allowed to be? That seems right.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-12-04, 00:01

LooseGoose wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I wasn't arguing that. Try to refrain from posting memes meant to incite the gun owning masses that imply that there are more knife murders than there are gun ones. We know that's not true.

Again you miss the point.   We've had Nigel/etc on here for hours and hours wanting to ban those vicious "assault rifles" because they've swallowed the narrative of how dangerous they are in the public's hands.   They would call me a liar if I told them that in 2013 rifles were used in less than 300 murders in the entire country for the whole year.  Of course the FBI table might help convince them that I'm not lying.

The point of that chart is to show them that ALL rifles are involved in 1/5 the murders of knives, 1/2 the murders of blunt objects, and 1/2 to 1/3 the murders done by fists or feet.  Their political leaders and the press are showing them a shiny object over here to distract them or whip them into a frenzy over rifles.  Why?

And PS - There ARE more knife murders than there are rifle murders.

Would a terrorist use fists or feet in a mass killing scenario? Because otherwise it sounds really stupid to bring that up.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-12-04, 00:03

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:
Geezuz.  You are a fucking weird dude.

You're OK with people having nuclear weapons.  This is kind of pointless.

Link?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-12-04, 00:03

Gomer wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Nah, just that they don't work and in many cases make the problem worse while making criminals out of people that aren't committing crimes, just breaking the law.
Right. You're saying that laws, as a social construct, are a waste of time and effort; "laws don't work"

It's not my primary argument, no. I'm more of a....'don't infringe on someone's freedom unless they're infringing on someone else's (theft, violence, etc.)'. But yeah, a government entity trying to forcefully manage people's private lives don't appear very fruitful, aside from just the immorality of it.

Gomie, if you're looking for a fight, you win. I'm cashed out on arguing about this for the night... you shoulda caught me earlier when I was feeling a bit more frisky.

I'm afraid I won't be a very fun combatant at the moment. The best I can offer is snarky comments. If that's what you want I'll humor you for a few...

It's the equivalent to your wife telling you she has a headache but you can bang as long as she can finish her projections for work on the ipad while you do it. She might give you a few weak "Ay papi's" but she ain't going cowgirl tonight.

Me still love you, though. Long thyme.

Last edited by xsanguine on 2015-12-04, 00:10; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Cleanin' up dem typos)
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-04, 00:04

LooseGoose wrote: Their political leaders and the press are showing them a shiny object over here to distract them or whip them into a frenzy over rifles.  Why?
Travis of the Cosmos wrote: 
If you had just left it with the second picture I wouldn't have said a peep.

OK.

I keep asking the question about rifles because although no one will believe it's the only one, this is my one true tin foil hat theory.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-04, 00:07

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Link?

The nuclear bomb question was absurd, the missile questions bordered on it. Do you need a link to remember your own posts? We're talking rifles and you start in on nuclear weapons.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-12-04, 00:07

NigelUno wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Nah, just that they don't work and in many cases make the problem worse while making criminals out of people that aren't committing crimes, just breaking the law.

That applies to nuclear weapons and destroyers?

I'm not sure how many people are going to have the capabilities to even just maintain a nuclear weapon without initiating force on those around them (managing nuclear waste and radiation is tough, I hear... and also easily detectable).

Destroyers... have a ball... but you gotta be a straight baller to afford one of those. How much does it cost per month just to have a crew running that thing?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-12-04, 00:08

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Link?

The nuclear bomb question was absurd

I'll field those ones... fuck it.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-12-04, 00:09

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Again you miss the point.   We've had Nigel/etc on here for hours and hours wanting to ban those vicious "assault rifles" because they've swallowed the narrative of how dangerous they are in the public's hands.   They would call me a liar if I told them that in 2013 rifles were used in less than 300 murders in the entire country for the whole year.  Of course the FBI table might help convince them that I'm not lying.

The point of that chart is to show them that ALL rifles are involved in 1/5 the murders of knives, 1/2 the murders of blunt objects, and 1/2 to 1/3 the murders done by fists or feet.  Their political leaders and the press are showing them a shiny object over here to distract them or whip them into a frenzy over rifles.  Why?

And PS - There ARE more knife murders than there are rifle murders.

Would a terrorist use fists or feet in a mass killing scenario? Because otherwise it sounds really stupid to bring that up.

The Irish preferred fertilizer car bombs. Very effective.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-12-04, 00:11

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Link?

The nuclear bomb question was absurd, the missile questions bordered on it. Do you need a link to remember your own posts? We're talking rifles and you start in on nuclear weapons.

Are you saying a law abiding citizen shouldn't have the right to possess a nuclear weapon?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-12-04, 00:13

xsanguine wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I think I should get out of this thread. We've used a lot of words that have to be setting off red flags somewhere.

Night everyone.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-12-04, 00:15

NigelUno wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I think I should get out of this thread. We've used a lot of words that have to be setting off red flags somewhere.

Night everyone.

heh. I stopped in the middle of my last post and decided just to hit the back button because of the same thing.

Night.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-04, 00:29

Even the writers for the Wall Street Journal are morons. Perhaps someday they can explain to me how a failed modification to full auto makes a gun more powerful?

The two semiautomatic rifles were versions of the popular AR-15 model, according to San Bernardino officials. One was made by DPMS Inc., and the other by Smith & Wesson.

While they were originally sold legally, with magazine locking devices commonly known as bullet buttons, the rifles were subsequently altered in different ways to make them more powerful, according to Meredith Davis, a special agent with the ATF.

The Smith & Wesson rifle was changed in an attempt to enable it fire in fully automatic mode, while the DPMS weapon was modified to use a large-capacity magazine, she said.

Those alterations made the weapons unlawful under California’s ban on assault weapons, which bans guns with magazines that can detach for quick reloading.

Rifles Used in San Bernardino Shooting Illegal Under State Law Weapons were legally purchased with magazine locking devices but altered to make them more powerful, ATF finds

Upon further review it was the ATF agent that said that. That's encouraging, knowing the idiots are in charge of enforcing gun laws.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-12-04, 00:39

Be honest, LG.

How difficult is it to modify an AR-15 or similar weapon to full auto? Assuming we're not doing it all legal-like, of course.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-04, 00:46

xsanguine wrote:Be honest, LG.

How difficult is it to modify an AR-15 or similar weapon to full auto? Assuming we're not doing it all legal-like, of course.

No idea, I've never owned one or held one for that matter. I literally have zero interest in that type of gun. I love old hunting rifles and double barrel shotguns but that look has never had any intrigue for me.

I know supposedly it can be done but I think it's talked about 10,000X more than it's actually done since doing so puts you at major legal risk. Frankly if you wanted such a thing a bump stock would be the way to go and most of them are totally legal.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-12-04, 00:52

LooseGoose wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Be honest, LG.

No idea, I've never owned one or held one for that matter. I literally have zero interest in that type of gun. I love old hunting rifles and double barrel shotguns but that look has never had any intrigue for me.

I know supposedly it can be done but I think it's talked about 10,000X more than it's actually done since doing so puts you at major legal risk. Frankly if you wanted such a thing a bump stock would be the way to go and most of them are totally legal.

They've never interested me, either. They seem useful in a combat scenario but it seems like the kind of weapon you would buy, modify, and then hide behind some drywall...."just in case" if you had that kind of money. I know guys that say they have a blast with them at the range (semi-auto, obviously).

I dig the look and style of lever action rifles. It's funny considering the conversation but I just dig older weapons if I ever got one; Revolvers, lever action rifles, etc.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-12-04, 07:27

Yesterday the U.S. Senate rejected the Manchin-Toomey bill requiring more background checks 50-48.  It's the same bill the Senate rejected a few months after the Sandy Hook shootings.

Even this bill co-sponsored by a Democrat and Republican can't pass.  Until an event directly affects one or more opposing bills like this, I don't believe you'll get any more no votes to flip.

http://news.yahoo.com/senate-votes-down-gun-curbs-wake-ca-attacks-220507152--politics.html
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-04, 07:49

shouldn't the patriotic right wing gun enthusiasts be celebrating the folks in California because of their arsenal of weapons and ammo? Maybe they were preparing for the government to come take their bibles, guns, etc?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-04, 07:51

GRR Spartan wrote:Yesterday the U.S. Senate rejected the Manchin-Toomey bill requiring more background checks 50-48.  It's the same bill the Senate rejected a few months after the Sandy Hook shootings.

Even this bill co-sponsored by a Democrat and Republican can't pass.  Until an event directly affects one or more opposing bills like this, I don't believe you'll get any more no votes to flip.

http://news.yahoo.com/senate-votes-down-gun-curbs-wake-ca-attacks-220507152--politics.html
as I've said in the threads celebrating all of the mass shootings, once patriotic gun enthusiasts/NRA decided that murdering 20+ five and six year olds was acceptable, it's going to be difficult to have a conversation with them.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-12-04, 07:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Yesterday the U.S. Senate rejected the Manchin-Toomey bill requiring more background checks 50-48.  It's the same bill the Senate rejected a few months after the Sandy Hook shootings.

as I've said in the threads celebrating all of the mass shootings, once patriotic gun enthusiasts/NRA decided that murdering 20+ five and six year olds was acceptable, it's going to be difficult to have a conversation with them.

This is why the terrorists hate us.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-04, 07:57

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:as I've said in the threads celebrating all of the mass shootings, once patriotic gun enthusiasts/NRA decided that murdering 20+ five and six year olds was acceptable, it's going to be difficult to have a conversation with them.

the terrorists should actually appreciate the fact that our government consistently supports mass murders.. in fact, they support mass murders so much, a majority of the legislators think that our problem is that a) we don't own enough guns and b) we don't kill enough people.

and we have the nerve to suggest that some middle east countries are morally absent.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-04, 08:03

y'all will like this.. the Drudge Report - a website filled with information for patriotic gun enthusiasts - has a picture of the guy from the San Bernardino shooting with a scary caption that says "they're here"...

so - to be clear - American citizens, according to the Drudge Report - are here.

in America.

okay - continue with your day.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-12-04, 08:21

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

the terrorists should actually appreciate the fact that our government consistently supports mass murders.. in fact, they support mass murders so much, a majority of the legislators think that our problem is that a) we don't own enough guns and b) we don't kill enough people.

and we have the nerve to suggest that some middle east countries are morally absent.

Bob why do you support the large scale murder of unborn children, like me? You don't want to grow up to me like me.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-04, 08:23

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:the terrorists should actually appreciate the fact that our government consistently supports mass murders.. in fact, they support mass murders so much, a majority of the legislators think that our problem is that a) we don't own enough guns and b) we don't kill enough people.

Bob why do you support the large scale murder of unborn children, like me? You don't want to grow up to me like me.
I'm pro-life, dude.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-12-04, 08:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I'm pro-life, dude.

Why do y ou support unwanted children coming into the world to grow up to be criminals, Bob?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-04, 08:27

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm pro-life, dude.

Why do y ou support unwanted children coming into the world to grow up to be criminals, Bob?
Your Weekly Mass Shooting - Page 13 502811600

because I'm a patriotic gun enthusiast who believes that they should possess as many assault rifles as possible. It's what god would want.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-12-04, 08:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

because I'm a patriotic gun enthusiast who believes that they should possess as many assault rifles as possible. It's what god would want.

=D

Why do you support violent criminals?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-04, 08:34

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: Your Weekly Mass Shooting - Page 13 502811600

=D

Why do you support violent criminals?
because I'm a patriotic gun enthusiast who believes in freedom.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-12-04, 08:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Bob doesn't hate guns. He hates the people that own them. So basically Bob has adopted the guns don't kill people, people do, argument.

He just doesn't realize it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-04, 08:37

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: Your Weekly Mass Shooting - Page 13 502811600

Bob doesn't hate guns. He hates the people that own them. So basically Bob has adopted the guns don't kill people, people do, argument.

Go Green!!!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-12-04, 08:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Go Green!!!

Thank God you're back. Goose was handing out packpack nukes to Syrian refugees last night, and I had no one to help me straighten him out.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-04, 08:54

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Go Green!!!

Thank God you're back. Goose was handing out packpack nukes to Syrian refugees last night, and I had no one to help me straighten him out.

what's funny about right wing patriotic gun enthusiasts is that, overall, they're not really happy about brown people being here. But once they're here, they need to be armed.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-04, 09:22

Robert J Sakimano wrote: once patriotic gun enthusiasts/NRA decided that murdering 20+ five and six year olds was acceptable, it's going to be difficult to have a conversation with them.

Of course this is a lie but since Bob seems to believe it and repeats it over and over it tells me about his mental state, keep yammering on about your boogeymen Bob.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-04, 09:24

We gonna have a Bob and goose fight in this thread plus a ghost Nigel Gomer blanch tanfan dick dance in the other thread all in the same day?

I'm so excited!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-04, 09:24

xsanguine wrote:I dig the look and style of lever action rifles. It's funny considering the conversation but I just dig older weapons if I ever got one; Revolvers, lever action rifles, etc.

You can buy older nonWinchester levers for around $300 with a scope. Mossbergs, Marlins and the guns Winchester made for Sears. My SiL just got a really nice older (50s era) Mossberg 30-30 with a scope, a box of ammo and a hardcase for $300. A really nice deal.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-04, 09:25

Nah I'm done arguing with Bob's lies, as soon as he starts losing to the facts he trots out the "LG encourages rape" shit so fuck him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-04, 09:31

Technically he says that you blame the victim. Not encourage it. FYI. Those are different things.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-12-04, 11:15

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:We gonna have a Bob and goose fight in this thread plus a ghost Nigel Gomer blanch tanfan dick dance in the other thread all in the same day?

I'm so excited!

I want to fight, too!

Gomer... come at me, bro. I'm feeling a little more frisky this morning. Just no nut shots, please... trying to procreate at the moment.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-04, 11:16

xsanguine wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:We gonna have a Bob and goose fight in this thread plus a ghost Nigel Gomer blanch tanfan dick dance in the other thread all in the same day?

I'm so excited!

I want to fight, too!

Gomer... come at me, bro. I'm feeling a little more frisky this morning. Just no nut shots, please... trying to procreate at the moment.
pretty sure I've never even been in a fight... not sure I wanna start now.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-12-04, 11:40

I want mini nukes, like those in the Fallout game. I'd use em' too. No weapon is too extreme for me. I don't own any firearms, but that's beside the point. It would be awesome to get in an argument with someone I don't like and say "That's it, I'm nuking your ass." And then totally fucking use my tank to shoot my mini nuke at them. That would be great. I'd be like standing somewhere in the blast radius looking down at the ground at some piece of charred flesh that I would assume to be the remnants of that motherfucker and I'd be like Kirk and say "YOU LIKE THAT? YOU LIKE THAT?" It'd be funny because I would know that they didn't really like it at all.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next