Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American millennials are getting their ass kicked by Canada.

+15
Rod Porkmore
Cameron
WhiteBoyHatcher
Floyd Robertson
xsanguine
Blanch32
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
Dendrobates
The_Dude
Ass Dan
tGreenWay
tTy
Turtleneck
19 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Millennials - American millennials are getting their ass kicked by Canada.  - Page 6 Empty Re: American millennials are getting their ass kicked by Canada.

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-05-25, 14:36

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
it made for some good people watching.

I was walking toward Spartan Stadium and saw a guy wearing jorts, an MSU tshirt and some sort of video camera strapped to his head..

I wonder what his RCMB name is?
I don't know but that was my first thought. He had to be an RCMB'er.. or at least he was wanting to audition to be part of their traveling circus.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Millennials - American millennials are getting their ass kicked by Canada.  - Page 6 Empty Re: American millennials are getting their ass kicked by Canada.

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-25, 22:22

Apparently this guy reads tSwill.

If you’re reading this article voluntarily, you’re probably not a millennial, because everyone knows millennials don’t read news. In fact, there’s a pretty good chance you look down on millennials. Perhaps you consider them entitled, indulgent, needy and a little too much to bear — or maybe you’re simply skeeved by their weird headgear, strange hieroglyphs and intricate courtship rituals.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/26/technology/corporate-america-chases-the-mythical-millennial.html?_r=0
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-25, 22:31

NY Times wrote:Corporations like LinkedIn and Oracle are now hiring an army of “millennial consultants” who charge as much as $20,000 an hour for their expertise on how to manage and market to young people, The Wall Street Journal reported last week

There's no opportunities. It's too difficult, the economy is too tough.

I've had a few beers (7 is a few right?), TN... so forgive me if I step over the line. Again. Please don't punch me.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-09, 19:16

Buy a house OTPT. Get out of whoever's basement you are living in right now.

http://www.realtor.org/news-releases/2016/06/top-purchase-markets-for-millennial-homebuyers-according-to-nar
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-09, 19:29

I am renting an apartment turtleneck.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-09, 20:02

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I am renting an apartment turtleneck.

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-20, 21:19

...and now we find out they are food hypocrites, too.

"In a survey of participants ages 18 to 35, millennials reported caring about ethical issues like environmental sustainability and social responsibility in chocolate production. But when choosing chocolate privately, these self-proclaimed ethical shoppers were all chocolate bark and no bite. (Sorry.) Most showed little preference for labels advertising ethical sourcing and instead preferred labels with ingredients they recognized — items like "chocolate" and "butter," rather than "tertiary butylhydroquinone."

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2016/06/20/482046529/are-millennials-chocolate-chip-o-crites?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=us
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-20, 21:29

We need an entirely new group of millennials. Can we trade ours to Turkmenistan?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-20, 21:34

LooseGoose wrote:We need an entirely new group of millennials. Can we trade ours to Turkmenistan?

I hope so.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-06-20, 21:39

Wait until they get old enough to have some real pull in this country. We're boned.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-20, 21:46

LooseGoose wrote:We need an entirely new group of millennials. Can we trade ours to Turkmenistan?

Maybe they could somehow reinvent themseves
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-20, 21:53

DWags wrote:

They would all probably try to become fur traders or something. Best just to get rid of them and import new ones.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-20, 21:58

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:

They would all probably try to become fur traders or something. Best just to get rid of them and import new ones.

Australia would be a good trade, those guys would know how to drink beer and wrestle 'gators. We could throw in 1 MILLION barrels of Bud Light for all the other Aussies to drown their sorrows.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-20, 22:06

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Australia would be a good trade, those guys would know how to drink beer and wrestle 'gators. We could throw in 1 MILLION barrels of Bud Light for all the other Aussies to drown their sorrows.

I agree with this. I doubt Australia would want our Millennials though. Not even New Zealand. You know who might be up for it? Bangladesh. Remember how awesome they were on 247? Always bringing us live feeds of various kickball matches for free. Hard working, want to get ahead, probably will not complain about everything all the time...something to think about.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-22, 21:24

And now this:

People under 30 have way weaker grips than they did a few decades ago

Sonsabitches are a shame to our country.

If you get a weak handshake from a millennial, don’t blame him or her. It could be a generational thing.

Researchers from the Winston-Salem State University in North Carolina found that men and women under 30 have weaker grip strength than they did back in 1985. Their work was published (paywall) in the Journal of Hand Therapy.

The researchers asked almost 240 men and women under 30—most 20 to 24 years old—to exert as much force as they could on a hand dynamometer, which measures grip force in pounds. On average, men’s hand strength decreased by 20 pounds, and women’s hand strength decreased by 10 pounds.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-06-22, 21:31

Millenials have won me over. Yoga pants.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-22, 21:39

Bernie Sanders just announced. Free these things for everybody under 35.

Millennials - American millennials are getting their ass kicked by Canada.  - Page 6 39249_image2
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-22, 21:43

Thank you Bernie.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-22, 21:53

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Thank you Bernie.

I like that you are polite and grateful.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-22, 21:54

Turtleneck wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Thank you Bernie.

I like that you are polite and grateful.

I am OTPT, not SD.

I am OTPT.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-13, 10:51

GENERATION JOB-SHY Millennials are lazy, self-indulgent and lack the initiative to be successful, warns lifestyle guru Martha Stewart

The millionaire lifestyle guru Martha Stewart has issued a stinging criticism of the millennial generation and claimed youngsters are too LAZY to get ahead.

Too many members of “Generation Snowflake” are still living with their parents rather than getting out into the world and making something of their lives, the celebrity businesswoman raged.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-07-13, 10:55

Ah yea, more whats in it for me boomers who bankrupted the country and outsourced a ton of good jobs while letting tuition skyrocket and not having to have dealt with globalization for employment right out of school criticizing the younger generation...how nice.

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-07-13, 10:59

The_Dude wrote:Ah yea, more whats in it for me boomers who bankrupted the country and outsourced a ton of good jobs while letting tuition skyrocket and not having to have dealt with globalization for employment right out of school criticizing the younger generation...how nice.

Trump taught The Dude a new word that he will overuse in every thread.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-07-13, 11:01

Turtleneck wrote:
The_Dude wrote:Ah yea, more whats in it for me boomers who bankrupted the country and outsourced a ton of good jobs while letting tuition skyrocket and not having to have dealt with globalization for employment right out of school criticizing the younger generation...how nice.

How many engineers and H1B1 workers did the boomers have to compete with out of school?

How many Chinese and Mexicans did the great unions jobs of the 60s, 70s, and 80s have to compete with?

Why is it incredibly tougher now than it was when Boomers were young to start a business?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-07-13, 11:04

So I you read talking points, too? Of course you did. That is all you ever do, and then you come over here from MGo and pretend to know what it all means.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-07-13, 11:07

Turtleneck wrote:So read talking points, too? Of course you did. That is all you ever do, and then you come over here from MGo and pretend to know what it all means.

Millennials - American millennials are getting their ass kicked by Canada.  - Page 6 Giphy
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-07-13, 11:20

I see you have exhausted your knowledge on the subject.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-13, 11:32

The_Dude wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

How many engineers and H1B1 workers did the boomers have to compete with out of school?

How many Chinese and Mexicans did the great unions jobs of the 60s, 70s, and 80s have to compete with?

Why is it incredibly tougher now than it was when Boomers were young to start a business?

You're not only a fucking idiot, you're an incredibly big pussy.

Jesus. It's called competition. Win.

If my daughters bitched line you I'd be ashamed of myself.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-07-13, 11:57

I am a millennial.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-07-13, 12:01

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I am a millennial.

We know. But we like you. We just don't like the other Millennials.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-13, 12:03

We're not trading you. We're keeping you. The others are going to Sweeden. You're staying.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-07-13, 12:06

Turtleneck wrote:

We know. But we like you. We just don't like the other one Millennials.

:)

Thanks you guys!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2016-07-13, 13:24

Hey boomers hurry up and retire so I can take your cozy management job.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-07-13, 13:28

DWags wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

I'm not in the tech industry...

But not sure how you are supposed to 'win' when your competition works for less. Losing proposition 100% of the time.

Yeah, why don't you settle for $4 an hour like those guys in Mexico! Win! Why can't you work as cheap as an Indian? Win!
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-07-13, 13:32

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:

But not sure how you are supposed to 'win' when your competition works for less. Losing proposition 100% of the time.

Yeah, why don't you settle for $4 an hour like those guys in Mexico! Win! Why can't you work as cheap as an Indian? Win!

But you said everything was Obama's fault. It's not his fault now? Can you stick to a story, or will they change with the wind/every time you hear something new that you want to repeat at parties?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-13, 13:49

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:

You're a fucking idiot.

And quitter. And complainer. Become a PA. Do something. Jesus.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2016-07-13, 13:51

I won by going into supply chain management. Good luck trying to outsource me corporate America!
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-07-13, 13:51

DWags wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

You're a fucking idiot.

And quitter. And complainer. Become a PA. Do something. Jesus.

He is a UM fan and Trump supporter. I think that tells you what you need to know about his skills and what he is capable of.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-07-13, 13:52

AnomanderRake wrote:I won by going into supply chain management. Good luck trying to outsource me corporate America!

We are disposable. All of us.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-07-13, 13:55

Yeah I can't see myself being at this job for more than 6 more months. Ugh. Don't wanna look again.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next