Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American millennials are getting their ass kicked by Canada.

+15
Rod Porkmore
Cameron
WhiteBoyHatcher
Floyd Robertson
xsanguine
Blanch32
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
Dendrobates
The_Dude
Ass Dan
tGreenWay
tTy
Turtleneck
19 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Millennials - American millennials are getting their ass kicked by Canada.  Empty American millennials are getting their ass kicked by Canada.

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-11, 20:01

You're losing to Canada. Please get your act together.

American Millennials aren’t doing so hot: Compared to how their parents were doing when they were in their 20s, they’re less likely to have a job, they’re making less money on average, and they’re less likely to own a home.

The post-recession story of North American Millennials, though, includes another narrative, one that’s a lot cheerier: Canadians’.

Canadians between the ages of 25 and 35, according to a report from TD Bank, are doing quite well, relatively speaking. They’re wealthier, more likely to be employed, and more likely to own a home than their American counterparts.

As of last year, for instance, about 36 percent of American Millennials were homeowners, while more than half of Canadian Millennials owned a house. On a similar note, more than half of Canadian Millennials bought their first homes at an earlier age than their parents did.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/01/canadian-millennials-winning/423510/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Millennials - American millennials are getting their ass kicked by Canada.  Empty Re: American millennials are getting their ass kicked by Canada.

Post by tTy 2016-01-11, 20:04

Nice fuckin' work, eh??!!! You Eh'Merican hosers are all slackers, ya know....
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Millennials - American millennials are getting their ass kicked by Canada.  Empty Re: American millennials are getting their ass kicked by Canada.

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-11, 20:05

tTy wrote:Nice fuckin' work, eh??!!! You Eh'Merican hosers are all slackers, ya know....

Trump is right. We are soft. Canada is punching us in the face right now.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-11, 20:06

Corporations are people, too.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-01-11, 20:07

tGreenWay wrote:Corporations are people, too.  

But all corporations aren't millennials.  Square = rectangle <always> square theory....

Last edited by tTy on 2016-01-11, 20:08; edited 1 time in total
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-11, 20:08

Where is OTPT? He needs to answer for this.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-11, 20:08

tTy wrote:

But all corporations aren't millennials.  Square = rectangle <always> square theory....

ell Way it shay.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-11, 20:09

Turtleneck wrote:

Slacking, as usual.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-01-11, 20:11

Turtleneck wrote:

Parents basement, smoking weed, listening to tunes, not setting his alarm clock and beating off to a Bernie '16 poster, obv....
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2016-01-11, 20:12

Getting my first job was the hardest thing I ever had to do. Ultra competitive market because everyone and their cousin goes to college these days and employees are being asked to do more and more, which means fewer employees since less work is distributed, means less jobs. Took me nearly a year after school to find something and I had to move across the country, sight unseen.

There's a reason millenials aren't doing well compared to their parents and it ain't because we're lazy
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-11, 20:15

Ass Dan wrote:Getting my first job was the hardest thing I ever had to do. Ultra competitive market because everyone and their cousin goes to college these days and employees are being asked to do more and more, which means fewer employees since less work is distributed, means less jobs. Took me nearly a year after school to find something and I had to move across the country, sight unseen.

There's a reason millenials aren't doing well compared to their parents and it ain't because we're lazy

It's that kind of defeatist attitude that allows Canada to kick our ass all over the continent.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-11, 20:15

tTy wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Parents basement, smoking weed, listening to tunes, not setting his alarm clock and beating off to a Bernie '16 poster, obv....

Not all of those things are terrible.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-01-11, 20:16

Ass Dan wrote:Getting my first job was the hardest thing I ever had to do. Ultra competitive market because everyone and their cousin goes to college these days and employees are being asked to do more and more, which means fewer employees since less work is distributed, means less jobs. Took me nearly a year after school to find something and I had to move across the country, sight unseen.

Take off you knob!! Stats don't lie, eh?!! Specially when their, like, in metric or somethin.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-01-11, 20:17

Obama
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-01-11, 20:21

tGreenWay wrote:
tTy wrote:

Last I heard, a Canadian is going to be the next president of the United States. They are fucking kicking our ass, and the 'Merican Millennials are screwing it up! #SelfFaceSlap
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-11, 20:21

Business has successfully hit the reset button on who holds the power, sets the wages, etc. All that matters is getting juicy returns for the company shareholders. Employees be damned. It's a short-sighted approach, and one that will ultimately cost them much more. But this is a cyclical thing, and similar issues have arisen in previous generations.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-11, 20:23

Did you know that one of the CFL teams has a lumberjack squad that cuts a log when their team scores a TD? They have chainsaws at CFL games. Fucking chainsaws. What does the NFL have? Not chainsaws. Face the facts people. Millennials have allowed Canada to make a joke out of the USA.

Millennials - American millennials are getting their ass kicked by Canada.  1297777673362_ORIGINAL
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-11, 20:25

tTy wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Last I heard, a Canadian is going to be the next president of the United States. They are fucking kicking our ass, and the 'Merican Millennials are screwing it up! #SelfFaceSlap

Wow! Forgot about that nonsense. Now American boys and girls can't grow up dreaming of being president of the USA because the job goes to some Canadian poutine lover.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-01-11, 20:28

Turtleneck wrote:Did you know that one of the CFL teams has a lumberjack squad that cuts a log when their team scores a TD? They have chainsaws at CFL games. Fucking chainsaws. What does the NFL have? Not chainsaws. Face the facts people. Millennials have allowed Canada to make a joke out of the USA.

Millennials - American millennials are getting their ass kicked by Canada.  1297777673362_ORIGINAL

Lions have highschool bands. No naked cheerleaders. We are getting our fucking asses kicked people!!!!
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-01-11, 20:29

Turtleneck wrote:
tTy wrote:

Wow! Forgot about that nonsense. Now American boys and girls can't grow up dreaming of being president of the USA because the job goes to some Canadian poutine lover.

Canadians and Mooslims are taken r jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-11, 20:34

tTy wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I wonder if Canada is sending the Muslims to distract us from the secret Canadian takeover. Meanwhile, millennials are in the basement posting on the single-payer health care Reddit subpage while Canadians assume the White House and put Americans in camps.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2016-01-11, 22:07; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2016-01-11, 20:35

I am actually doing better than my parents and my in-laws. And while last month I finished paying on my student loans, it's the husband's student loans that put us in the poor house. And when you realize you made a mistake, you can't go back to school and change it with your loans being more than your mortgage. Which is why I need to win powerball! I just want my husband's student loans paid for.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-01-11, 20:36

I am going to short the USD and go long the Looney tomorrow....
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-11, 20:39

Dendrobates wrote:I am actually doing better than my parents and my in-laws.

Do you have Canadian blood in you?

Dendrobates wrote:While last month I finished paying on my student loans, it's the husband's student loans that put us in the poor house. And when you realize you made a mistake, you can't go back to school and change it with your loans being more than your mortgage. Which is why I need to win powerball! I just want my husband's student loans paid for.

Are you talking about your husband? Because Blanch wants to come back to Michigan.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-11, 20:41

tTy wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Bastards!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2016-01-11, 20:41

Turtleneck wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:I am actually doing better than my parents and my in-laws.

Do you have Canadian blood in you?

Dendrobates wrote:While last month I finished paying on my student loans, it's the husband's student loans that put us in the poor house. And when you realize you made a mistake, you can't go back to school and change it with your loans being more than your mortgage. Which is why I need to win powerball! I just want my husband's student loans paid for.

Are you talking about your husband? Because Blanch wants to come back to Michigan.

No one in Michigan wants Blanch. And I meant the mistake of the career my husband choose and the 6 figure student loans he has with it.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-11, 20:47

Nothing that a quick three or four year world war won't fix. We just need to be specific in which countries we destroy and then later build back up. Also, we'll need some of you creative fuckers to come up with good reasons to go to war with these countries.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-11, 20:52

DWags wrote:Nothing that a quick three or four year world war won't fix. We just need to be specific in which countries we destroy and then later build back up. Also, we'll need some of you creative fuckers to come up with good reasons to go to war with these countries.

Persian women are flipping hot and need rescuing from their oppressive government. At least the green- and blue-eyed ones do.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-11, 20:56

That rules out OTPT. Persians do not like Spartans.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-01-11, 20:57

DWags wrote:Nothing that a quick three or four year world war won't fix. We just need to be specific in which countries we destroy and then later build back up. Also, we'll need some of you creative fuckers to come up with good reasons to go to war with these countries.

How many countries do we get to blow the fuck up? I pick, in no specific order:

1) Iran (No Nukes)
2) China (Commies)
3) Alabama (SEC)
4) Canada (Keepin' Milenials down)
5) Russia (Putin is a fucking fag, but he is kicking our presidents ass in literally everything and shouldn't be)
6) Georgia (the one next to Russia, cuz Russia)
7) Georgia (SEC)
8) Syria (Sick of hearing about Syria, blow it the fuck up)
9) Antarctica (Outside the box aspecks)
10) Japan (Sneak Attack Payback)
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-11, 21:04

Sneak Attack Payback is a good band name.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-01-11, 21:09

Turtleneck wrote:Sneak Attack Payback is a good band name.

Prolly wouldn't make a very good Top Secret Mission Code Name though. I'd go with Operation Loudness if we were really gonna do it. The Japs would think it was just a rock band for sure then!

tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-11, 22:02

Inflation adjusted, I have no idea if I make more money than my dad when he was my age. I'd probably bet that I don't. He was a teacher. I have a job that is of a much higher profile (and I make way more than present day teachers of my age.)

I don't think these statistics are necessarily as representative of millennials work ethic as it sounds like it is. There are some other factors at work here, mostly the one that says that I should be making more money than I am for doing the job I do.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-11, 22:04

Nice rational well thought out post, Travis.

Maybe you can take that to a board that wants that kind of shitty posting.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-01-11, 22:07

Turtleneck wrote:Nice rational well thought out post, Travis.

This.

Nobody gives two fucks about your job that "...is like way totes McGoats better than a gym teachers job", in your opinion.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-11, 22:12

Turtleneck wrote:Nice rational well thought out post, Travis.

I don't like clicking on multiple things. I only have so much time.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-11, 22:23

Edit- if I wasn't saddled with stupid amounts of student debt, I probably do make more money than my dad at this point. Maybe. But, I do have those monthly payments and they are considerable. He didn't have those. Like, imagine the car I could have if it weren't for those... Regardless, could I be doing as well income wise without that debt? No. Not a chance in hell I could do my job without that background. Millennials are almost certainly more educated than their parents were. But it isn't translating to income the same way it used to.

Move it to the swill bin turtleneck. You should be mod. Turtleneck mod forever.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-11, 22:27

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Edit- if I wasn't saddled with stupid amounts of student debt, I probably do make more money than my dad at this point. Maybe. But, I do have those monthly payments and they are considerable. He didn't have those. Like, imagine the car I could have if it weren't for those... Regardless, could I be doing as well income wise without that debt? No. Not a chance in hell I could do my job without that background. Millennials are almost certainly more educated than their parents were. But it isn't translating to income the same way it used to.

Life would be grand without those fucking payments on my back.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-11, 22:33

Turtleneck wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Edit- if I wasn't saddled with stupid amounts of student debt, I probably do make more money than my dad at this point. Maybe. But, I do have those monthly payments and they are considerable. He didn't have those. Like, imagine the car I could have if it weren't for those... Regardless, could I be doing as well income wise without that debt? No. Not a chance in hell I could do my job without that background. Millennials are almost certainly more educated than their parents were. But it isn't translating to income the same way it used to.

It's a reality of life for young people at this point bro. You get the debt so you can make more money, but you spend the extra income on the debt. It doesn't really help you right away anymore. Sucks at first, but as time marches on it won't look as bad as income goes up and payments become more reasonable.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-11, 22:37

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

It's a reality of life for young people at this point bro. You get the debt so you can make more money, but you spend the extra income on the debt. It doesn't really help you right away anymore. Sucks at first, but as time marches on it won't look as bad as income goes up and payments become more reasonable.

I just choose a career that is rewarding in so many ways. Just not financially. It does not reward me with fat stacks. Also, extra cash is going to be spent on these Aldi copy cat Doritos chips going forward. Sorry, Obama.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next