Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American millennials are getting their ass kicked by Canada.

+15
Rod Porkmore
Cameron
WhiteBoyHatcher
Floyd Robertson
xsanguine
Blanch32
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
Dendrobates
The_Dude
Ass Dan
tGreenWay
tTy
Turtleneck
19 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

American millennials are getting their ass kicked by Canada.  - Page 3 Empty Re: American millennials are getting their ass kicked by Canada.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:42 pm

Turtleneck wrote:OTPT, what is your commute like?

30 minute walk or so, 10-15 minute walk to a free bus that will get me to work. Going to wake up early enough so if anything goes deadly wrong I am still there on time.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

American millennials are getting their ass kicked by Canada.  - Page 3 Empty Re: American millennials are getting their ass kicked by Canada.

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:43 pm

Cameron wrote:I only got 47% on that quiz. Should've studied.

That's what I got. Kind of a stupid quiz imo. It felt like half of it was trying to help the reader realize how millenials think and the other half was trying to trick you into answering how you would think they would answer and then pulling a rabbit out of their butthole and say NOPE LOL.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:44 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

30 minute walk or so, 10-15 minute walk to a free bus that will get me to work. Going to wake up early enough so if anything goes deadly wrong I am still there on time.

Walk the entire way. Just carry a shiv. Denver is just like Compton.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:45 pm

If something goes deadly wrong, which I hope it doesn't, work will be the least of your troubles.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:46 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I've felt pretty safe for the most part. Especially in my hood.

There's a part of a street called Colfax that was a little bummy but what do ya expect in a big city
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:50 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

There's a part of a street called Colfax that was a little bummy but what do ya expect in a big city

I'm sure it's fine. What area of town are you in?

Denver was a place on my list. Considered moving there out of college and after I lived in Texas. Love the mountains.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:54 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I'm sure it's fine. What area of town are you in?

Denver was a place on my list. Considered moving there out of college and after I lived in Texas. Love the mountains.

Capitol Hill. It's the Southern part of the city. It feels like I'm downtown but not crazy busy and noisy. Seems like a hip area as well. We will see. I think I'll like it so far but i've been moved in for 2 days.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:56 pm

24 hours a day. M-F you work 8. They bust your balls one day. You're exhausted. You want to sleep a full eight. Shit, your day just got shortened to eight hours. Oh, you spent one hour commuting. Make that seven. Of course you spent one hour in the AM eating breakfast and getting ready. Make that six. FUCK!!!! You have no food. Need to hit the grocery store on the way home. Well, now you have 4.5 hours to yourself, OTPT. Actually four since you need to eat. Your buddies want to go out, but you want to read that new book about the 2016 Republican primaries. Which is it? You can't do both. Wait, that girl you were chatting up from Boulder is in Denver tonight. And your favorite cousin is in town. Wakefield is calling. Do you answer? You know that will be another 60 minutes.

If you go to work tomorrow, for the rest of your life you will approximately four hours a day for yourself. What was that, you need to hit the gym? Shit, you have three hours to hang with your buddies, read that book, bang the hottie trustafarian from Boulder, talk to Wakefield, and meet up with your cousin. Don't do it, bro.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:26 pm

American millennials are getting their ass kicked by Canada.  - Page 3 502811600 American millennials are getting their ass kicked by Canada.  - Page 3 502811600 American millennials are getting their ass kicked by Canada.  - Page 3 502811600

You are not helping Turtleneck!!! That is some funny shit right there.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:28 pm

American millennials are getting their ass kicked by Canada.  - Page 3 Z
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rod Porkmore Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:18 pm

Turtleneck wrote:How much do you know about millennials? Last half of the questions are kind of interesting. This will help you identify with OTPT a bit more. Maybe understand his plight.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2015/0501/Do-you-think-like-a-Millennial-Take-our-quiz/What-does-YOLO-mean

I scored a solid 40%.
Rod Porkmore
Rod Porkmore
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:21 pm

Rod Porkmore wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:How much do you know about millennials? Last half of the questions are kind of interesting. This will help you identify with OTPT a bit more. Maybe understand his plight.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2015/0501/Do-you-think-like-a-Millennial-Take-our-quiz/What-does-YOLO-mean

I scored a solid 40%.

I scored a weak 40%.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:59 pm

47%. And I believed Blanch and thought all the kids were doing online dating. I answered 1 in 2 were. Turns out only 1 in 5 are. I would have been over 50%
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:03 pm

DWags wrote:

47%. And I believed Blanch and thought all the kids were doing online dating. I answered 1 in 2 were. Turns out only 1 in 5 are. I would have been over 50%

You didn't take into account those that are married or in relationships already. For shame dwags. For shame.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:06 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
DWags wrote:

You didn't take into account those that are married or in relationships already. For shame dwags. For shame.

Cause another question said 70% of those fuckers never want kids. I was okey doked by previous info.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:07 pm

DWags wrote:

Cause another question said 70% of those fuckers never want kids. I was okey doked by previous info.

I thought that one said "70% eventually want to get married?" Maybe we took different quizzes.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:08 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:American millennials are getting their ass kicked by Canada.  - Page 3 502811600 American millennials are getting their ass kicked by Canada.  - Page 3 502811600 American millennials are getting their ass kicked by Canada.  - Page 3 502811600

You are not helping Turtleneck!!! That is some funny shit right there.

Do not listen to that corporate shill, WBH. Listen to me, OTPT.

Do you want to be like Travis? Wake up at the same time every AM...put on the same color dress pants, put on one of your five white dress shirts, and choose between one of your five ties...then walk to work all dejected, sit there all day, and then walk home feeling even more dejected. Then, when you think you have some free time on the weekends, you end up spending Saturday catching up on emails, doing some work off the clock for your employer, and paying bills. Next thing you know it is Sunday and you are looking down the barrel of Monday. Meanwhile you mean nothing to your employer who just sees you as an interchangeable part in their profit machine....always on the lookout for a replacement part that costs less. OTPT, if they had not sucked all the emotion right out of him, Travis would cry himself to sleep at night.  It's your choice, OTPT.

Last edited by Turtleneck on Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:09 pm

DWags wrote:

I thought that one said "70% eventually want to get married?" Maybe we took different quizzes.

Why would you get married if you don't want kids? Dual income? Make your wife earn? Those kids are messed up.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:59 am

Don't go, OTPT. It's not worth it.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:17 am

Turtleneck wrote:Don't go, OTPT. It's not worth it.

Would you believe that I'm already awake to go to work turtleneck and that it's barely even 5 am Colorado time?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:45 am

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:How mu

ch do you know about millennials? Last half of the questions are kind of interesting. This will help you identify with OTPT a bit more. Maybe understand his plight.

I said 1 in 10! :lol:
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:46 am

DWags wrote:

Ftr those type of questions through me off. Tough to account for those that aren't playing. The millionaire question is beyond puzzling
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:47 am

DWags wrote:

Why would you get married if you don't want kids? Dual income? Make your wife earn? Those kids are messed up.

Agreed. Why?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:09 am

The_Dude wrote:American millennials are getting their ass kicked by Canada.  - Page 3 Z

Who are you backing now? You've been flipping more than pancakes between Rubio and Trump.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue May 24, 2016 7:54 pm

For First Time In 130 Years, More Young Adults Live With Parents Than With Partner

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/05/24/479327382/for-first-time-in-130-years-more-young-adults-live-with-parents-than-partners
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue May 24, 2016 9:08 pm

I guess it is pick on millennials day because this just came across my feed...

Of course, some of these students probably feel unsupported because their impractical demands were not realized. Two examples: activist students not only wanted to abolish all grades below a 'C,' they also thought faculty members should proactively offer them alternatives to taking a written, in-class midterm exam

https://reason.com/blog/2016/05/24/oberlin-students-want-below-average-grad
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Tue May 24, 2016 9:21 pm

Safe spaces, trigger warnings, abolishing failure....

1,000 years you say, TN?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue May 24, 2016 9:28 pm

Student debt. Jobs that pay anything require real experience. More student debt. It's not about safe spaces and shit. It's financially impossible for a lot of these people to go anywhere else.

I consider myself lucky to not have had to live with my parents after school. Shits tough out there starting out. Consider yourself lucky for being older. Or don't. That's fine too.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Tue May 24, 2016 9:31 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Student debt. Jobs that pay anything require real experience. More student debt. It's not about safe spaces and shit. It's financially impossible for a lot of these people to go anywhere else.

I consider myself lucky to not have had to live with my parents after school. Shits tough out there starting out. Consider yourself lucky for being older. Or don't. That's fine too.

The trades are begging for hard working youngsters.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue May 24, 2016 9:38 pm

If I can do it anyone can.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Tue May 24, 2016 9:45 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:If I can do it anyone can.

You are a true Swill millenial success story, OTPT. We got to watch you grow into a man right before our very eyes.

American millennials are getting their ass kicked by Canada.  - Page 3 Giphy
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue May 24, 2016 10:21 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Student debt. Jobs that pay anything require real experience. More student debt. It's not about safe spaces and shit. It's financially impossible for a lot of these people to go anywhere else.

Ok....and where does that connect to the article? The one where students are claiming their activism makes it hard to also be a student, and therefore wish to have anything less than a C scrubbed from their transcripts and midterms replaced with conversations. I guess it is not really and article as much as a summary of people 25 and younger.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue May 24, 2016 10:27 pm

xsanguine wrote:

xsanguine wrote:

Like prostitution and pick pocketing?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue May 24, 2016 10:28 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

Ok....and where does that connect to the article? The one where students are claiming their activism makes it hard to also be a student, and therefore wish to have anything less than a C scrubbed from their transcripts and midterms replaced with conversations. I guess it is not really and article as much as a summary of people 25 and younger.

When the dude generalizes this much, you guys call him a racist.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Tue May 24, 2016 10:32 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

xsanguine wrote:

There's a million ways to make money in this world. Sure, many are illegal... but there's an infinite amount of ways to make money legally. It takes some imagination instead of the linear "someone needs to give me a task and pay me for it".
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue May 24, 2016 10:34 pm

Re: OTPT

That's because The Dude is serious. And a UM fan.

But, generally speaking, your generation is hyper-sensitive and more entitled. However, this is par for course. Each generation seems to be a bit more of both than previous generations. It's not your fault. Too many parents telling their kids they are special snowflakes rather than reminding them they were a mistake and fuckups with no special destiny in life.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue May 24, 2016 10:37 pm

xsanguine wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

There's a million ways to make money in this world. Sure, many are illegal... but there's an infinite amount of ways to make money legally. It takes some imagination instead of the linear "someone needs to give me a task and pay me for it".

Can you name some? I will build a company around your ideas, make profit, and destroy some lives. That is what I call a good day.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Tue May 24, 2016 10:39 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Can you name some? I will build company around your ideas, make profit, and destroy some lives. That is what I call a good day.

Do you have any talents? Let's start there...
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue May 24, 2016 10:46 pm

Yes. And I already use them in my career.

However, I like yard work quite a bit and have experience landscaping. Tell me how I can make money. How will I get past the big startup costs and compete in an already overserved market? Point being, unless you start early in life, it is hard to turn you talent into a profitable career later in life.

Last edited by Turtleneck on Tue May 24, 2016 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Tue May 24, 2016 10:47 pm

Mike Rowe has it right...

Yeah, sure... there's not a whole lot of companies looking for 23 year olds to type out spreadsheets in a/c for half the day and the other half chatting with the hottie two cubicles over for 50k a year... but there's a lot of reasonably paying jobs that can't find anyone worth a damn.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next