Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiple deaths in Kalamazoo from random shootings

+21
StylesGShmooth
The_Dude
Death Roe
Herbie Green
SpartanInNH
Rocinante
CheesySpartan
CORNER BLITZ
Blanch32
Turtleneck
tanfan!
Travis of the Cosmos
duffy munn
Watch Out Pylon!
Cameron
pulling69
kingstonlake
xsanguine
Gomer
Other Teams Pursuing That
tGreenWay
25 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Multiple deaths in Kalamazoo from random shootings - Page 4 Empty Re: Multiple deaths in Kalamazoo from random shootings

Post by tGreenWay 2016-02-22, 15:42

But don't leave town.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Multiple deaths in Kalamazoo from random shootings - Page 4 Empty Re: Multiple deaths in Kalamazoo from random shootings

Post by duffy munn 2016-02-22, 16:27

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Oh well, I was kind of hoping you would let this part of the schtick go for a day.

what would you rather me say?

Something different, ANYTHING different.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-22, 16:28

Bob, tell 'em about your favorite Whiskeytown show you saw in the 90's.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-02-22, 16:30

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Even goose managed the difficult task of ignoring the comment we all knew was coming for 24 hours. I want the two of you to think about that before you continue your argument (which consists of replies from both sides that we, well, already know are coming.)

Assuming you are talking to me. Well, you're not the boss of me.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-02-22, 16:31

tGreenWay wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Even goose managed the difficult task of ignoring the comment we all knew was coming for 24 hours. I want the two of you to think about that before you continue your argument (which consists of replies from both sides that we, well, already know are coming.)

You're not the boss of them. Don't tell them what to do.

Beat me to the easy line, dick.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-02-22, 16:34

Rocinante wrote:
DWags wrote:

I hate the fact that we don't have a mental health system in this country.  Ok.  I will.  it's gonna be hard. Can I just PM you.

We do have one.  It's not great, but most of the people who have committed mass shootings would have been flagged if the mental health system could be linked up with the background check process.  You can't just lock disturbed people up, neither can you just cure them with a pill or a couple counseling sessions.  But you can keep some of them from getting guns legally.  If done carefully, with periodic checks for efficacy, worth it, in my opinion.

This is the dumbest shit I have ever read.  Stanks from over 10,000 miles away.  Kanye West will be President before the government gets our medical records.  Go fuck yourself you fucking liberal.  The theme of the democratic party has always been to discriminate (Ironic how your slaves now vote for you, I guess some kind of guilty conscious on the part of democrats to provide for them).  Democrats were the locus of national political support for slavery throughout the 1800's all the way to the civil war. The Civil War was launched by Democrats who refused to accept the election in 1860 of an anti-slavery Republican president.  Quit discriminating against people with mental illness and shut the fuck up. Bitch.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-22, 16:51

SpartanDawgs265 wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

We do have one.  It's not great, but most of the people who have committed mass shootings would have been flagged if the mental health system could be linked up with the background check process.  You can't just lock disturbed people up, neither can you just cure them with a pill or a couple counseling sessions.  But you can keep some of them from getting guns legally.  If done carefully, with periodic checks for efficacy, worth it, in my opinion.

This is the dumbest shit I have ever read.  Stanks from over 10,000 miles away.  Kanye West will be President before the government gets our medical records.  Go fuck yourself you fucking liberal.  The theme of the democratic party has always been to discriminate (Ironic how your slaves now vote for you, I guess some kind of guilty conscious on the part of democrats to provide for them).  Democrats were the locus of national political support for slavery throughout the 1800's all the way to the civil war. The Civil War was launched by Democrats who refused to accept the election in 1860 of an anti-slavery Republican president.  Quit discriminating against people with mental illness and shut the fuck up. Bitch.

Yeah, its beyond sickening and frightening how far some on the left want to go regarding guns to try and save a few lives when thousands upon thousands die each day from other tragedies.

Absolutely no one has the right to my medical records besides me and my doctor...especially not some asshole bureaucrat who would use it to discriminate.

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-02-22, 17:08

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You're not the boss of them. Don't tell them what to do.

Beat me to the easy line, dick.

It's what I do. It's who I am. Multiple deaths in Kalamazoo from random shootings - Page 4 2275418548
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-02-22, 17:10

The_Dude wrote:
SpartanDawgs265 wrote:

Yeah, its beyond sickening and frightening how far some on the left want to go regarding guns to try and save a few lives when thousands upon thousands die each day from other tragedies.

Absolutely no one has the right to my medical records besides me and my doctor...especially not some asshole bureaucrat who would use it to discriminate.

The pro-choice movement welcomes you to their ranks.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-22, 17:21

tGreenWay wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Im not religious and I generally don't associate with religious people so abortion isn't an issue for me.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2016-02-22, 18:09

It's pretty straightforward. If you want to own assault weapons (semi-auto, detachable mag/clip) you need to have a mental health cert and annual reassement. 

Loose has already said there is a list for this sort of thing.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-22, 18:37

Gomer wrote:It's pretty straightforward. If you want to own assault weapons (semi-auto, detachable mag/clip) you need to have a mental health cert and annual reassement. 

Under who's authority?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-22, 19:00

Gomer wrote:It's pretty straightforward. If you want to own assault weapons (semi-auto, detachable mag/clip) you need to have a mental health cert and annual reassement. 

Multiple deaths in Kalamazoo from random shootings - Page 4 502811600
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-02-22, 19:06

The_Dude wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Im not religious and I generally don't associate with religious people so abortion isn't an issue for me.

Given how invasive the overreach that politicians are making laws on the matter, maybe you should step up and tell your side to back the fuck off. You know, slippery slope and all that. Isn't that what you guys are always talking about?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-02-22, 19:15

tGreenWay wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Given how invasive the overreach that politicians are making laws on the matter, maybe you should step up and tell your side to back the fuck off. You know, slippery slope and all that.  Isn't that what you guys are always talking about?  

Good luck that side of the political spectrum is losing its grip on power one day at a time. Never gave a damn about immigration til that voting block decided not to vote for them anymore. Well obviously it has backfired in spades. Every few years their ranks diminish. They then become a vocal minority clinging to fear and hate.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-22, 20:24

tGreenWay wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Given how invasive the overreach that politicians are making laws on the matter, maybe you should step up and tell your side to back the fuck off. You know, slippery slope and all that. Isn't that what you guys are always talking about?

I don't really like Republicans and I have said this for a while. The party seems fractured, they fall for Dem traps, and don't seem to have their shit together as a political party.

That's why I am supporting Trump.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-22, 20:26

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Given how invasive the overreach that politicians are making laws on the matter, maybe you should step up and tell your side to back the fuck off. You know, slippery slope and all that.  Isn't that what you guys are always talking about?  

Good luck that side of the political spectrum is losing its grip on power one day at a time. Never gave a damn about immigration til that voting block decided not to vote for them anymore. Well obviously it has backfired in spades. Every few years their ranks diminish. They then become a vocal minority clinging to fear and hate.

You are going to love the day whites become a minority..I will. Look forward to handouts and pandering from politicians promising me shit and giving me easier hiring standards. cheers
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-02-22, 20:32

DWags wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Wags, you said it was your last word like 200 words ago. Shut up already.

I hate the fact that we don't have a mental health system in this country. Ok. I will. it's gonna be hard. Can I just PM you.

Multiple deaths in Kalamazoo from random shootings - Page 4 502811600
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-02-22, 21:44

The_Dude wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

You are going to love the day whites become a minority..I will. Look forward to handouts and pandering from politicians promising me shit and giving me easier hiring standards. cheers

Good thing you don't pre-judge.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-22, 22:08

duffy munn wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Good thing you don't pre-judge.

You'll be gone before you are a minority.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-02-22, 23:12

The_Dude wrote:
SpartanDawgs265 wrote:

Veterans with certain manifestations of PTSD already have this restriction. It's rather likely that it's prevented thousands of gun deaths. I guess that didn't matter to you at all. That's cool. I tend to vote on the side of taking things like murder and suicide prevention seriously. Just because you yell the loudest and say the most crude things, that doesn't make you right.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-22, 23:25

Rocinante wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Veterans with certain manifestations of PTSD already have this restriction. It's rather likely that it's prevented thousands of gun deaths. I guess that didn't matter to you at all. That's cool. I tend to vote on the side of taking things like murder and suicide prevention seriously. Just because you yell the loudest and say the most crude things, that doesn't make you right.

Are you "taking murder seriously" or just anomalies like "mass shootings" because you're afraid to address uncomfortable facts regarding gun violence?

Sorry, Roc. Couldn't help myself... do yo thang, brotha.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-02-22, 23:39

xsanguine wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Are you "taking murder seriously" or just anomalies like "mass shootings" because you're afraid to address uncomfortable facts regarding gun violence?

I think all of the above. And I think I've been pretty constant in that. Guns just happen to be the easiest way for someone with the notion to kill.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-22, 23:41

Rocinante wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I think all of the above. And I think I've been pretty constant in that. Guns just happen to be the easiest way for someone with the notion to kill.

Fair enough. I won't bug ya on it, though... my willpower is low so I tend to start typing away.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-02-22, 23:42

xsanguine wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Fair enough. I won't bug ya on it, though... my willpower is low so I tend to start typing away.

It's cool. I think you and I have for the most part reached a happy medium.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-22, 23:52

Rocinante wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I try. It's a matter of self awareness, which I lack in a lot of ways. It's easier for me to talk about things like this in person because body language and tone are a huge part of it so I've never had anyone get that upset with me in person.
I come across extremely polarizing online and I realize this.... I just never realize it during the discussion. It's usually after the damage is done.

Or I could just be ignorant and uninformed like TN says.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-02-22, 23:54

xsanguine wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I try. It's a matter of self awareness, which I lack in a lot of ways. It's easier for me to talk about things like this in person because body language and tone are a huge part of it so I've never had anyone get that upset with me in person.
I come across extremely polarizing online and I realize this.... I just never realize it during the discussion. It's usually after the damage is done.

Part of the reason people get mad at your arguments is that they are hard to counter. They have to think. People don't like thinking.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-23, 00:07

Rocinante wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Part of the reason people get mad at your arguments is that they are hard to counter. They have to think. People don't like thinking.

I appreciate that but I think I take the "facts don't care about your feelings" to heart a little too much and end up hurting feelings in ways that have nothing to do with the discussion. I don't mean that in a "boo hoo I hurt your feelings" way, but moreso... no one likes to feel like themselves or their ideas are being insulted or belittled and instead of thinking about how my opinion is perceived, I'm only concerned with "am I driving home my facts hard enough?"
If you notice some of the other posters that enjoy a better reputation they are able to get their opinions across without making the other person feel like an enemy. Now I try to do that but I end up not trying until afterwards when I realize I need to be a little more friendly... so the damage is already done, as I said. I'm a naturally friendly person so I've never had to worry about the words I choose so much as the tone. That doesn't come into play online... so everything comes across like Hitler or Mussolini on the podium.

I feel like online I come across like Ben Shapiro, a smart guy who I respect and agree with in a lot of ways (and heavily disagree with in others), but comes across as very adversarial and just kind of a dick.
In person I feel like I'm more like a Sam Harris. Not in terms of intelligence with either of these two, obviously, but demeanor.

This is great therapy.

Last edited by xsanguine on 2016-02-23, 00:10; edited 1 time in total
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-23, 00:09

Rocinante wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

That's different. When a doctor sees that you are a threat to harm yourself or others, they have a duty to report it.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-23, 07:40

xsanguine wrote:Bob, tell 'em about your favorite Whiskeytown show you saw in the 90's.
that's the important stuff..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2016-02-23, 08:14

I bet this guys wife stopped giving him beejers. If this cat had a beejer to look forward to then things might have ended differently for him.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-23, 08:17

just remember..

Syrian refugees are dangerous and regularly kill Americans.. so we need to ban them from entering the country.

However, there is nothing we can do about gun violence.. because freedom.

and "freedom" doesn't apply to religion. Not in my America.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-02-23, 08:39

Robert J Sakimano wrote:and "freedom" doesn't apply to religion. Not in my America.

I join with millions of Americans in wishing you were willing to actually do something to improve this deeply flawed country rather than just whine about it all day on an obscure internet message board.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-02-23, 08:41

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:and "freedom" doesn't apply to religion. Not in my America.

I join with millions of Americans in wishing you were willing to actually do something to improve this deeply flawed country rather than just whine about it all day on an obscure internet message board.

He's the worst poster between both boards.

We should make his avatar Nedgo's Final Four outfit.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-23, 08:45

LooseGoose wrote:

this.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-23, 08:45

Death Roe wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

bump.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-23, 08:49

Death Roe wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

that's a good idea, actually - I'm kinda getting tired of mocking religion and MSU sports in my avatar.. would be nice to have something else to mock.

dude - make it happen. I don't know how to do it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-23, 08:50

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

that's a good idea, actually - I'm kinda getting tired of mocking religion and MSU sports in my avatar.. would be nice to have something else to mock.

Mock me, Bob!
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-23, 08:53

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:that's a good idea, actually - I'm kinda getting tired of mocking religion and MSU sports in my avatar.. would be nice to have something else to mock.

Mock me, Bob!
but I kind of like you.. Multiple deaths in Kalamazoo from random shootings - Page 4 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-23, 08:55

Precisely why I should be mocked. Wink
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next