Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiple deaths in Kalamazoo from random shootings

+21
StylesGShmooth
The_Dude
Death Roe
Herbie Green
SpartanInNH
Rocinante
CheesySpartan
CORNER BLITZ
Blanch32
Turtleneck
tanfan!
Travis of the Cosmos
duffy munn
Watch Out Pylon!
Cameron
pulling69
kingstonlake
xsanguine
Gomer
Other Teams Pursuing That
tGreenWay
25 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Multiple deaths in Kalamazoo from random shootings - Page 5 Empty Re: Multiple deaths in Kalamazoo from random shootings

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-23, 09:15

xsanguine wrote:Precisely why I should be mocked. Wink
Multiple deaths in Kalamazoo from random shootings - Page 5 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Multiple deaths in Kalamazoo from random shootings - Page 5 Empty Re: Multiple deaths in Kalamazoo from random shootings

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-02-23, 09:21

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:and "freedom" doesn't apply to religion. Not in my America.

I join with millions of Americans in wishing you were willing to actually do something to improve this deeply flawed country rather than just whine about it all day on an obscure internet message board.

You spend sort of a lot of time on that obscure message board... We all do. We could all be planting trees or some shit instead. Glass houses brah.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-23, 09:23

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I join with millions of Americans in wishing you were willing to actually do something to improve this deeply flawed country rather than just whine about it all day on an obscure internet message board.

You spend sort of a lot of time on that obscure message board... We all do. We could all be planting trees or some shit instead. Glass houses brah.
meh.. he's old and seems lonely and angry. I just let him vent.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-02-23, 09:23

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

meh.. he's old and seems lonely and angry. I just let him vent.

If I told you I was lonely and horny would you give me what I need?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-23, 09:24

LooseGoose wrote:

though it is comical that he has more posts than I do.. ya know - me. The guy who whines all day on an obscure internet message board.

Multiple deaths in Kalamazoo from random shootings - Page 5 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-23, 09:30

LooseGoose wrote:

If you were planting trees right now, Travis, what kind of trees would you be planting?

Me, you ask? I'd plant a couple of apple trees, honey crisp and Granny Smith are my favs. I'd also plant a peach tree, Anjou pear tree, black cherry tree, apricot tree and possibly a brown fig tree if I had a protect enough spot. Space permitting, I'd also plant a black walnut tree and a hazelnut tree.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-02-23, 09:34

xsanguine wrote:

If you were planting trees right now, Travis, what kind of trees would you be planting?

Me, you ask? I'd plant a couple of apple trees, honey crisp and Granny Smith are my favs. I'd also plant a peach tree, Anjou pear tree, black cherry tree, apricot tree and possibly a brown fig tree if I had a protect enough spot. Space permitting, I'd also plant a black walnut tree and a hazelnut tree.

You know, I hadn't thought about it xsang.

The first thing that comes to mind though is that we had fig trees when I was growing up. So I would plant fig trees. We had to bury them every winter. That kept them alive.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-23, 09:43

xsanguine wrote:

The first thing that comes to mind though is that we had fig trees when I was growing up. So I would plant fig trees. We had to bury them every winter. That kept them alive.

You have to bury trees? How do you do that?

I had a fig tree in my backyard in Brooklyn and I can't imagine how you would bury something like that.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-02-23, 09:47

xsanguine wrote:

I had a fig tree in my backyard in Brooklyn and I can't imagine how you would bury something like that.

I wasn't really in charge of the operation since I was a kid, but from memory we dug a hole next to the tree and sort of carefully pushed it down into it as not to mess with the roots too bad. It wasn't very deep, there was a large bump in the ground where the tree was and we always had figs. That's the extent of what I remember.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-23, 09:53

xsanguine wrote:

I wasn't really in charge of the operation since I was a kid, but from memory we dug a hole next to the tree and sort of carefully pushed it down into it as not to mess with the roots too bad. It wasn't very deep, there was a large bump in the ground where the tree was and we always had figs. That's the extent of what I remember.

This is fascinating.

I have this wild pipe dream to build my own polycarbonate greenhouse (when I get the land) and use geothermal heating to keep it between 45-75 all year and was gonna throw a fig tree in there but if I just gotta bury it... Fuck building shit.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-02-23, 09:55

The_Dude wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Veterans with certain manifestations of PTSD already have this restriction. It's rather likely that it's prevented thousands of gun deaths. I guess that didn't matter to you at all. That's cool. I tend to vote on the side of taking things like murder and suicide prevention seriously. Just because you yell the loudest and say the most crude things, that doesn't make you right.

That's different. When a doctor sees that you are a threat to harm yourself or others, they have a duty to report it.

How is that any different than what I'm talking about?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-02-23, 09:58

xsanguine wrote:

This is fascinating.

I have this wild pipe dream to build my own polycarbonate greenhouse (when I get the land) and use geothermal heating to keep it between 45-75 all year and was gonna throw a fig tree in there but if I just gotta bury it... Fuck building shit.

Ill ask my dad about it later if I remember. He was the guy in charge. It might be a little bit before I remember an Internet conversation while interacting in real life with people though, so give me some time.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-23, 10:28

xsanguine wrote:

This is fascinating.

Ill ask my dad about it later if I remember. He was the guy in charge. It might be a little bit before I remember an Internet conversation while interacting in real life with people though, so give me some time.

No worries. I will be waiting patiently right here.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-23, 10:33

can we ban white people?

they seem to cause much more problems than the brown/black people republicans are so concerned with..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-23, 10:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:can we ban white people?

they seem to cause much more problems than the brown/black people republicans are so concerned with..

I'm not so sure that's entirely accurate, Bob.

Statistically speaking, at least...
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-23, 10:36

Don't get me wrong, they annoy me with their hoytey toytey act and that fucking laugh.... Jesus I want to smack white people when they laugh. But physically or being criminally dangerous there a few notches down on the totem pole.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-23, 10:37

xsanguine wrote:

I believe we've had one mass shooting involving a scary brown person that sent everyone into a tizzy.

all the other mass shootings seem to be white people.. of course, nothing can be done about these mass shootings because freedom.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-23, 10:37

Their, also.... Tablet auto correct.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-23, 10:38

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I believe we've had one mass shooting involving a scary brown person that sent everyone into a tizzy.

all the other mass shootings seem to be white people.. of course, nothing can be done about these mass shootings because freedom.

Right, I get that. But if you look at the statistics 50% of all murders are committed by about 12% of the population. I don't want to fill you in on who makes up that 12% of the population but whites are sitting somewhere in the 60 percentile.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-23, 10:44

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I believe we've had one mass shooting involving a scary brown person that sent everyone into a tizzy.

Right, I get that. But if you look at the statistics 50% of all murders are committed by about 12% of the population. I don't want to fill you in on who makes up that 12% of the population but whites are sitting somewhere in the 60 percentile.
but it's white people that give them all the guns.. politicians, NRA, etc.. while defunding schools - I guess they're hoping that the black/brown people will all kill each other.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-23, 10:51

It's a plausible theory but if that was their intent they've unfortunately caused an issue where during interracial crimes whites are targeted by blacks many times more than whites have targeted blacks. That seems like a very unintended consquence if their aim was to have the blacks kill themselves. Granted... 94%+ of blacks are killed by other blacks. That's the true gun problem we have but it's difficult to address because we don't seem capable of discussing things honestly. But because of that stat, maybe you're right... Certainly the drug war was enacted specifically to target minorities.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-23, 10:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

but it's white people that give them all the guns.. politicians, NRA, etc.. while defunding schools - I guess they're hoping that the black/brown people will all kill each other.

Don't we spend more on education per pupil than any other country in the world?

Not sure saying we don't fund education is a winning battle.

Our government has a massive spending problem...not a revenue one.

Reminds me of someone who makes 300k a year but bitches about not having enough money...no, you just waste it.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-23, 11:03

xsanguine wrote:It's a plausible theory but if that was their intent they've unfortunately caused an issue where during interracial crimes whites are targeted by blacks many times more than whites have targeted blacks. That seems like a very unintended consquence if their aim was to have the blacks kill themselves. Granted... 94%+ of blacks are killed by other blacks. That's the true gun problem we have but it's difficult to address because we don't seem capable of discussing things honestly. But because of that stat, maybe you're right... Certainly the drug war was enacted specifically to target minorities.

Well the left doesn't allow honest discussions, you are either shouted down or smeared as a bigot/racist. Just look at college campuses and how lefty groups won't even allow free speech for someone they disagree with.

Saying that we need to fix black family structure and culture that has rotted their community is the correct route but its easier for Dem politician to blame police so they can get votes.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-23, 11:06

xsanguine wrote:It's a plausible theory but if that was their intent they've unfortunately caused an issue where during interracial crimes whites are targeted by blacks many times more than whites have targeted blacks. That seems like a very unintended consquence if their aim was to have the blacks kill themselves. Granted... 94%+ of blacks are killed by other blacks. That's the true gun problem we have but it's difficult to address because we don't seem capable of discussing things honestly. But because of that stat, maybe you're right... Certainly the drug war was enacted specifically to target minorities.
we need to do something to keep black people from voting. I mean, we've gerrymandered the heck out of districts but black folks still find their ways to the polls.

think voter ID laws will work?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-23, 11:12

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
we need to do something to keep black people from voting. I mean, we've gerrymandered the heck out of districts but black folks still find their ways to the polls.

Maybe. I dont think anyone no matter what skin color should be allowed to vote without ID. Yeah...ill just take your word for being who you say you are. Multiple deaths in Kalamazoo from random shootings - Page 5 502811600
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-23, 11:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I have a feeling we're seeing the twilight of the gerrymandering era. Obama's nominee (or if it gets pushed over to Hillary) will give the court the majority they need to reduce gerrymandered districts.

If you thought being limited to 2 parties was bad... Wait until we have a 1 party system. I have a feeling it doesn't bother those who agree with the singular party, though.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-23, 11:28

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:we need to do something to keep black people from voting. I mean, we've gerrymandered the heck out of districts but black folks still find their ways to the polls.

I have a feeling we're seeing the twilight of the gerrymandering era. Obama's nominee (or if it gets pushed over to Hillary) will give the court the majority they need to reduce gerrymandered districts.

If you thought being limited to 2 parties was bad... Wait until we have a 1 party system. I have a feeling it doesn't bother those who agree with the singular party, though.
there is very little difference in the 2 parties.. we practically have one party now - the United States of Corporate America.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-23, 11:28

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

there is very little difference in the 2 parties.. we practically have one party now - the United States of Corporate America.

I stand corrected. You are 100% correct, Bob.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-23, 11:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

That's why Trump will win...only candidate thats not owned by Corporate America and won't get bullied by them.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-02-23, 11:34

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:there is very little difference in the 2 parties.. we practically have one party now - the United States of Corporate America.

Hey buddy, I was curious so i started poking around the google. There's lots of info out there about burying fig trees. Check it out. Probably would be better than me asking my dad that hasn't done it in 15 years. But, if you have any questions after taking a look at that, I could go to him with those.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-02-23, 11:35

xsanguine wrote:

It's not even remotely accurate. Blacks statistically commit violent crimes at a higher rate than whites.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-23, 11:35

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:there is very little difference in the 2 parties.. we practically have one party now - the United States of Corporate America.

we're great Americans and I'm not sure you could find better Spartans than us.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-23, 11:35

Bob, I have to qualify that statement. You're completely right although social issues (things like gun control, etc) are going to go left without any opposition. Typically when there is no opposition things get a little overboard.

You can see the type of things you're looking forward to coming out of the mouths of college aged voters and millenials.

The 1st amendment's days are certainly numbered.... 2nd amendment is holding on, but for how long?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-23, 11:36

kingstonlake wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

It's not even remotely accurate. Blacks statistically commit violent crimes at a higher rate than whites.

It's the most tragic untold story in media today.

There's just no policy that is beneficial for either side to tackle with regards to it so they go after easy targets.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-23, 11:39

xsanguine wrote:Bob, I have to qualify that statement. You're completely right although social issues (things like gun control, etc) are going to go left without any opposition. Typically when there is no opposition things get a little overboard.

You can see the type of things you're looking forward to coming out of the mouths of college aged voters and millenials.

The 1st amendment's days are certainly numbered.....2nd amendment is holding on, but for how long?
hopefully for not much longer.

though the money the NRA has combined with the fear and paranoia they instill in their followers, I'm sure it's not going anywhere any time soon. Like I've said, when the NRA and Washington decided that murdering twenty 6 and 7 year olds is acceptable, there isn't a lot left to be said.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-23, 11:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Bob, I have to qualify that statement. You're completely right although social issues (things like gun control, etc) are going to go left without any opposition. Typically when there is no opposition things get a little overboard.

The 1st amendment's days are certainly numbered.....2nd amendment is holding on, but for how long?

though the money the NRA has combined with the fear and paranoia they instill in their followers, I'm sure it's not going anywhere any time soon. Like I've said, when the NRA and Washington decided that murdering twenty 6 and 7 year olds is acceptable, there isn't a lot left to be said.

They''re not going after murderers, Bob. They're going after everyone.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-23, 11:40

xsanguine wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

There's just no policy that is beneficial for either side to tackle with regards to it so they go after easy targets.
black people don't have high paid lobbyists like gun owner do... that's the reason it's untold. No money to be made.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-23, 11:41

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

They''re not going after murderers, Bob. They're going after everyone.
they're not coming after me.. not that I know of, anyway.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-02-23, 11:44

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Man, Bob has all the liberal talking points down...well done Robert!
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-23, 11:45

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

black people don't have high paid lobbyists like gun owner do... that's the reason it's untold. No money to be made.

Sure they do. That's why we've had this media blitz regarding BlackLivesMatter and the very rare occurrence a white person is involved in a black person's death it's all over the news. We don't get national news when a black person robs or murders a white person... No one cares yet it's more common.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next