Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiple deaths in Kalamazoo from random shootings

+21
StylesGShmooth
The_Dude
Death Roe
Herbie Green
SpartanInNH
Rocinante
CheesySpartan
CORNER BLITZ
Blanch32
Turtleneck
tanfan!
Travis of the Cosmos
duffy munn
Watch Out Pylon!
Cameron
pulling69
kingstonlake
xsanguine
Gomer
Other Teams Pursuing That
tGreenWay
25 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Multiple deaths in Kalamazoo from random shootings - Page 2 Empty Re: Multiple deaths in Kalamazoo from random shootings

Post by CheesySpartan Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:20 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Did they give out his bench number or something? I feel like this is a challenge.

Yeah, I know. I'd usually do what you just did, but I wasn't up to it last night, any more than I was this morning when someone reported the 14 year old girl as alive but gravely ill, as if being shot made her sick. What is it, lead poisoning?

What's lead poisoning? signed Flint city gov't
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Multiple deaths in Kalamazoo from random shootings - Page 2 Empty Re: Multiple deaths in Kalamazoo from random shootings

Post by tanfan! Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:30 pm

So far ripping on bob and he hasn't said a word
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:33 pm

Tanfan! wrote:So far ripping on bob and he hasn't said a word

Bob and I are neighbors. I've given him sanctuary, but no internet access until tomorrow.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:36 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:So far ripping on bob and he hasn't said a word

Bob and I are neighbors. I've given him sanctuary, but no internet access until tomorrow.

So maybe you can tell him to stop using his front lawn as a depository for old cars and auto parts. Thanks.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:53 pm

Thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:59 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

So maybe you can tell him to stop using his front lawn as a depository for old cars and auto parts. Thanks.

I've given up asking. At least he's letting his grass grow. I figure in another couple of years we won't be able to see the Buick.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:02 pm

I was fine with it until he wouldn't let me pick though the junk when I needed a new starter. He said it was an art project and could not be disturbed. So screw him.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:07 pm

Turtleneck wrote:I was fine with it until he wouldn't let me pick though the junk when I needed a new starter. He said it was an art project and could not be disturbed. So screw him.

Most of those parts are too rusty to use, anyway. You'd have shrapnel flying all over the place.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:01 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Did they give out his bench number or something? I feel like this is a challenge.

Yeah, I know. I'd usually do what you just did, but I wasn't up to it last night, any more than I was this morning when someone reported the 14 year old girl as alive but gravely ill, as if being shot made her sick. What is it, lead poisoning?

I have heard the cartels rub their bullets in feces....

Maybe we should be looking into this guy's cartel connections.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:09 pm

This thread is going to make bob so happy. Some psycho killed people with a gun and the entire thread is about him, two things he loves the most.
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:27 pm

Hitting a little close to home. Of the 4 women killed at the Cracker Barrel, 3 were from Battle Creek (my home town), and possibly the 14-year-old:

Gunman kills 6 at apartment complex, dealership, restaurant

A man who knows Dalton said he was a married father of two who never showed any signs of violence.

Gary Pardo Jr., whose parents live across the street from Dalton in Kalamazoo Township, described him as a family man who seemed fixated on cars and often worked on them.

"He would go a month without mowing his lawn but was very meticulous with his cars," Pardo said, explaining that Dalton, at times, owned a Chevrolet Camaro and two Hummer SUVs.

Progressive Insurance confirmed that he once worked for the company before leaving in 2011.

Dalton was an insurance adjuster who did auto body estimates and once taught an auto-body repair class at an area community college, said James Block, who has lived next door to him for 17 years.

The four people killed outside the restaurant were identified as 62-year-old Mary Lou Nye of Baroda and 60-year-old Mary Jo Nye, 68-year-old Barbara Hawthorne and 74-year-old Dorothy Brown, all of Battle Creek.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:48 pm

According to multiple stories he had no criminal record in MI or IN.   So again all the "sensible" gun control arguments mean nothing here since no background check or wait period would have prevented this.

I don't think the "we need to help the loonies" does much here either since it seems that he lived a pretty normal life until last night.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:52 pm

LooseGoose wrote:According to multiple stories he had no criminal record in MI or IN.   So again all the "sensible" gun control arguments mean nothing here since no background check or wait period would have prevented this.

I don't think the "we need to help the loonies" does much here either since it seems that he lived a pretty normal life until last night.

Loose is right, let's just do nothing. Fuck it.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:56 pm

xsanguine wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I have heard the cartels rub their bullets in feces....

Maybe we should be looking into this guy's cartel connections.

Maybe he was a plant by the Taxi Drivers Association of America, intended to give a black eye to Uber.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:56 pm

Oh, dear....
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:02 pm

xsanguine wrote:Oh, dear....

Yeah, the taxi mafia is one of the worst kinds of mafias. I've heard stories.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:13 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:According to multiple stories he had no criminal record in MI or IN.   So again all the "sensible" gun control arguments mean nothing here since no background check or wait period would have prevented this.

Not what I said, why distort? I know you're still young and smart, let me know your solution? My point was the normal "fixes" that are proposed wouldn't have done a damned thing here, are you disputing that?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:19 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

Not what I said, why distort? I know you're still young and smart, let me know your solution? My point was the normal "fixes" that are proposed wouldn't have done a damned thing here, are you disputing that?

I'm arguing with the notion that this guy wasn't a loonie, considering he went on a random killing spree.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:26 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

I'm arguing with the notion that this guy wasn't a loonie, considering he went on a random killing spree.

OK, agreed. But so far it seems he didn't exhibit enough oddball behavior to get him help or put him on any lists to prevent buying guns. Perhaps more information will come out in time to contradict that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:34 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

OK, agreed.   But so far it seems he didn't exhibit enough oddball behavior to get him help or put him on any lists to prevent buying guns.   Perhaps more information will come out in time to contradict that.
Other reputable news sources have reported that neighbors claimed he would randomly fire his weapons out his back door in his residential neighborhood.

Does an "oddball behavior to prevent you from buying guns" list currently exist in Michigan?

Does this list apply to private sales?

Does placement on this list require the surrender of any guns already in your possession?
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:01 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

OK, agreed. But so far it seems he didn't exhibit enough oddball behavior to get him help or put him on any lists to prevent buying guns. Perhaps more information will come out in time to contradict that.

How do you know this? Do you have access to his medical records?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:59 pm

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I don't know a damned thing, nor do I claim to have a solution.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:04 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I'm glad you admit that, so maybe ideas that include some limitation to firearm access for certain people could be part of the solution.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:18 pm

Yup nothing you can do about it. The only thing that can help at this point is more guns
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:30 pm

We were about a half mile away from the shooting at the car dealer, we were eating at B-Dubs. Scary shit.

And the Cracker Barrel is about 5 minutes away. My GF's best friend had two family friends die, the ones at the car dealer. What a fucking psycho, just kill yourself instead of others.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:39 pm

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I'm glad you admit that, so maybe ideas that include some limitation to firearm access for certain people could be part of the solution.

And that was the point of my post - we don't know everything at this point but it seems that no limitation short of a ban would have included this character, seems like that's often the case. And no matter what anyone thinks this isn't Australia/TheUK and a ban just isn't going to fly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:50 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

And that was the point of my post - we don't know everything at this point but it seems that no limitation short of a ban would have included this character, seems like that's often the case. And no matter what anyone thinks this isn't Australia/TheUK and a ban just isn't going to fly.

Yeah...same story every time. The libs propose stuff and then we run it back to the shooting and none of what they proposed would have stopped it.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:52 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I was thinking about applying for a job in Mio. How would you like me for a neighbor?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:15 pm

Uber drivers are prohibited from carrying weapons in their vehicles.

Uber Firearms Prohibition Policy
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:23 pm

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
I was thinking about applying for a job in Mio. How would you like me for a neighbor?

I'm good with it, my neighborhood is like something off Mr. Rogers we all get along pretty well.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:24 pm

Multiple deaths in Kalamazoo from random shootings - Page 2 D843e0d55ec71faabbfd5d098fcecbc4
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:29 pm

xsanguine wrote:Multiple deaths in Kalamazoo from random shootings - Page 2 D843e0d55ec71faabbfd5d098fcecbc4

I'd still invite you to the summer soiree.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:30 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Multiple deaths in Kalamazoo from random shootings - Page 2 D843e0d55ec71faabbfd5d098fcecbc4

I'd still invite you to the summer soiree.

And I would still graciously accept and bring a nice bottle of wine, a six pack, and a joint to pass around.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:33 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Yup. No point in doing anything
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:34 pm

The_Dude wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Yeah...same story every time. The libs propose stuff and then we run it back to the shooting and none of what they proposed would have stopped it.

Yep. Exactly. No point in doing anything. The Libs just don't understand
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:43 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

And that was the point of my post - we don't know everything at this point but it seems that no limitation short of a ban would have included this character, seems like that's often the case.    And no matter what anyone thinks this isn't Australia/TheUK and a ban just isn't going to fly.
LooseGoose wrote:OK, agreed. But so far it seems he didn't exhibit enough oddball behavior to get him help or put him on any lists to prevent buying guns. Perhaps more information will come out in time to contradict that.

I want to know more about that list you were talking about where people with oddball behavior weren't allowed to buy (or have I hope) guns.  

Other reputable news sources have reported that neighbors claimed he would randomly fire his weapons out his back door in his residential neighborhood.

Does an "oddball behavior to prevent you from buying guns" list currently exist in Michigan?

Does this list apply to private sales?

Does placement on this list require the surrender of any guns already in your possession?

Please tell me more about this.  Sounds like it might have helped in this, and a lot of other cases.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:24 pm

http://woodtv.com/2016/02/21/daltons-uber-fare-youre-not-the-shooter-are-you/

These people are pretty fucking lucky. Sorry to mess with you guy's gun debate.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:27 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:http://woodtv.com/2016/02/21/daltons-uber-fare-youre-not-the-shooter-are-you/

Can't imagine what's going through that dudes head now
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:33 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:http://woodtv.com/2016/02/21/daltons-uber-fare-youre-not-the-shooter-are-you/

He's probably uber freaked out [rimshot]
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:47 pm

Gomer wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:

He's probably uber freaked out [rimshot]

heh
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next