Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I would like a vote to happen - Any 2nds?

+31
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
kingstonlake
NigelUno
DWags
Vlad
Watch Out Pylon!
Travis of the Cosmos
steveschneider
The_Dude
Code_Warrior
Cameron
tanfan!
SpartanInNH
MiamiSpartan
Blanch32
Floyd Robertson
Tim Wakefield
WhiteBoyHatcher
xsanguine
Rocinante
Turtleneck
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
tGreenWay
Gomer
Heat Miser
duffy munn
Death Roe
Giant Moose
InTenSity
35 posters

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Go down

I would like a vote to happen - Any 2nds? Empty I would like a vote to happen - Any 2nds?

Post by Guest 2016-03-16, 21:53

I've taken 24 hours or so to think on this, rather than just leave a place I've enjoyed I'm willing
to take some public shit in an attempt to improve it. I'm asking for seconds to motions to remove
BobS and Moose from tBeaumontTower.

While I realize that there are some here that enjoy Bob's schtick many if not most, don't. He likes
to try and shield himself behind "free speech", that's purely bullshit. It's not free speech to come
into someone's living room, shit on the floor and instruct them to ignore it if they don't like it.

Giant Moose has seen the attention Bob gets and has decided to expand his "Russell Byrd" schtick into
general assholery on Izzo and Hollis. This has gotten him his desired outcome of more attention to the
detriment of the board. Again, we're all supposed to love this and learn to live with it in the name
of "free speech".

SRC and Heat rarely participate but I'm asking for a vote to ban both Bob and Moose, not from the entire
site but from the Tower where the emphasis is supposed to be on MSU sports. Bob assumes he can do anything
and get away with it which so far has proven to be true. If that's the case then we can ratify that
by not voting to remove him.

By limiting the ban to Beaumont it will allow those that love their repetitive nonsense to get their fill
of it in the tSwillBin or tBob. Bob and Moose will have complete freedom of speech to entertain each
other without fucking the Beaumont up for other users.

It took Trevor over a decade to recognize what a cancer Bob was and how little he would be missed, can we
do it in less than 2 years?

In fairness each should have their own vote:

I move the Geronte vote to remove Robert J Sakimano from the Beaumont Tower message board.

I move the Geronte vote to remove Giant Moose from the Beaumont Tower message board.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

I would like a vote to happen - Any 2nds? Empty Re: I would like a vote to happen - Any 2nds?

Post by Guest 2016-03-16, 21:54

Post by Heat Miser on Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:16 am
Heat Miser wrote:63 left.
Per the charter:
1. A majority (9+) of only 16 (25%) or more votes needed to get somebody in.
2. A majority (17+) of only 32 (50%) or more votes needed to temp ban a Gerry or elect a mod or ephor I would like a vote to happen - Any 2nds? 1550444538
3. A 2/3 majority (22+) of only 32 (50%) or more votes needed to perm ban a Gerry or modify the charter I would like a vote to happen - Any 2nds? 1550444538
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

I would like a vote to happen - Any 2nds? Empty Re: I would like a vote to happen - Any 2nds?

Post by InTenSity 2016-03-16, 22:05

Honestly I'm torn. I'd rather retain users who participate and I think if you and wbh were to leave, this place would be dead within 3 days of the end of the tournament. 247 takes itself too seriously now, so in the interest of keeping me entertained at work during the week, I'll second this.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-03-16, 22:08

I third the banning of Giant Moose and Bobby Sak.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-03-16, 22:11

I'm in. Fuck them.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-03-16, 22:13

Death Roe wrote:I'm in. Fuck them.
This.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-03-16, 22:19

gHost Spartan wrote:You guys are fucking pussies. As much as I think that Bobby Sak is an insufferable, obnoxious asshole when it comes to discussing sports, banning people sends the wrong message. I'd take a bullet for even the posters I despise the most (Nigel) to ensure their freedom of expression on this forum.

You haven't been around enough, lately, to see how horrible their posting is. It's basically just spam and should be handled as such.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-03-16, 22:19

Death Roe wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:You guys are fucking pussies. As much as I think that Bobby Sak is an insufferable, obnoxious asshole when it comes to discussing sports, banning people sends the wrong message. I'd take a bullet for even the posters I despise the most (Nigel) to ensure their freedom of expression on this forum.

You haven't been around enough, lately, to see how horrible their posting is. It's basically just spam and should be handled as such.
This.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-03-16, 22:23

So your position is one of support for insufferable, obnoxious assholes. Got it. Sorry, I've got better ways to spend my days then putting up with them. You still could enjoy their free expressions on tBob or tBin so no one would be denying you that entertainment.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-03-16, 22:23

Agreed.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2016-03-16, 22:24

I believe the proper formalities have been observed, and thus, voting is open in the Agora. Good luck to both of you.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-03-16, 22:25

Heat Miser wrote:I believe the proper formalities have been observed, and thus, voting is open in the Agora. Good luck to both of you.
Thanks, Heat. I would like a vote to happen - Any 2nds? 55953254
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2016-03-16, 22:26

Loose is such a fucking baby.

The real kind that cries and pisses its pants and shit.

Not the fake kind that he purports is murdered by the millions, chopped up, and flushed down the sewers.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-03-16, 22:29

The ban is only for this forum, correct? They can still post in the other forums, right?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-03-16, 22:29

InTenSity wrote:The ban is only for this forum, correct? They can still post in the other forums, right?

I think so. I'd be down with that, 100%.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2016-03-16, 22:30

And to those who would like to retain Bob and Moose... not voting is better than voting no.

A 19 yes, 18 no votes bans him.  Whereas a 35 yes, 0 no vote does not.

Last edited by Gomer on 2016-03-16, 22:42; edited 2 times in total
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-16, 22:30

gHost Spartan wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

I'm not in favor of censorship. If you don't like it then go someplace else. We can't ban people simply because we disagree with their message.

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t219-our-charter-please-read-updated-4-14-2015
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2016-03-16, 22:32

gHost Spartan wrote:
Gomer wrote:Loose is such a fucking baby.

The real kind that cries and pisses its pants and shit.

Not the fake kind that he purports is murdered by the millions, chopped up, and flushed down the sewers.

scratch

You're the pussy that bans people you don't like and you cry to the Rods on the RCMB.
People?  You dumb fuck.  Name two. I would like a vote to happen - Any 2nds? 328670334
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-03-16, 22:35

If we start banning people, then I'm out of here, which I suppose is incentive for some of you to give Bob and Moose the boot.

I'd like to also point out that I think it's a huge cheap shot to do this during a time of day when it's well known that Bob isn't here to say something on his own behalf, even if all he'd say is to vote however you like.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-03-16, 22:35

gHost Spartan wrote:
InTenSity wrote:The ban is only for this forum, correct? They can still post in the other forums, right?
banning them from this forum is essentially the death penalty, it's like sending a 65 year old child molester to general population in prison for 20 years.
We're down to 10 posters. Just today 2 of them said this place isn't what it used to be mostly because of all the bs around. I'm really confused as to why you think your opinion here means Jack shit, to be honest. You're a drive by poster at best here.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2016-03-16, 22:36

Gomer wrote:And to those who would like to retain Bob and Moose... not voting is better than voting no.

A 9 yes, 7 no votes bans him. Whereas a 15 yes, 0 no vote does not.

Incorrect. A minimum of 32 total votes is required. I will be shocked if this number is reached.

Your point is correct in principle however. 31 yes & 0 no does nothing. 17 yes & 15 no gets them the boot.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-03-16, 22:37

tGreenWay wrote:If we start banning people, then I'm out of here, which I suppose is incentive for some of you to give Bob and Moose the boot.

I'd like to also point out that I think it's a huge cheap shot to do this during a time of day when it's well known that Bob isn't here to say something on his own behalf, even if all he'd say is to vote however you like.
Just banning from this forum, you can still read their repetitive crap on the other forums, so not really a ban.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-16, 22:38

InTenSity wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote: banning them from this forum is essentially the death penalty, it's like sending a 65 year old child molester to general population in prison for 20 years.
We're down to 10 posters. Just today 2 of them said this place isn't what it used to be mostly because of all the bs around. I'm really confused as to why you think your opinion here means Jack shit, to be honest. You're a drive by poster at best here.

The 2 posters mentioned are also controlling the board (as the top 2 posters this week).

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2016-03-16, 22:38

InTenSity wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:
banning them from this forum is essentially the death penalty, it's like sending a 65 year old child molester to general population in prison for 20 years.

10 posters? Per the memberlist, there were 57 discrete people who were signed in and came to the site over the last two days.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-03-16, 22:40

InTenSity wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:If we start banning people, then I'm out of here, which I suppose is incentive for some of you to give Bob and Moose the boot.

Just banning from this forum, you can still read their repetitive crap on the other forums, so not really a ban.

I agree with gHost: Sending them to tBob or tSwill Bin is tantamount to full ban.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-03-16, 22:41

The vote will take days, Bob will have time to post the same comment 200 or so times. Make sure you don't miss it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-03-16, 22:41

NigelUno wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

The 2 posters mentioned are also controlling the board (as the top 2 posters this week).

I was taking about loose and wbh leaving, or visiting less.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-16, 22:42

Gomer wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

10 posters? Per the memberlist, there were 57 discrete people who were signed in and came to the site over the last two days.

Did those 57 people post? Do you think they all would vote? Or express an opinion?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-03-16, 22:42

32 votes needed? That's never going to happen. We're at what, 15 people or so that post here. Moose is on a mission to kill off this board though, and it's working. I'm on the verge of taking an extended break myself.

Last edited by Watch Out Pylon! on 2016-03-16, 22:45; edited 1 time in total
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-03-16, 22:43

Gomer wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

How many posted? O was out playing golf all day, so maybe my numbers are off. Seriously, 36 holes, I hope my bosses don't question me too hard about what I did today.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2016-03-16, 22:44

tGreenWay wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

I agree with gHost: Sending them to tBob or tSwill Bin is tantamount to full ban.

You all do realize that even getting the votes for a temp ban is nearly impossible in the current environment?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-03-16, 22:44

tGreenWay wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Gosh what a revelation - the boards created for their shit have no traffic.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-16, 22:44

InTenSity wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I was taking about loose and wbh leaving, or visiting less.

Right. I was just saying that there is a small number of people posting, and that 2 people are making the most posts (coincidentally the 2 that are mentioned in this thread). So, it's kind of hard to ignore them.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2016-03-16, 22:45

NigelUno wrote:
Gomer wrote:

Did those 57 people post? Do you think they all would vote? Or express an opinion?
Those 57 people have many thousands of posts between them. They are still actively using the site.

I don't fucking know if they posted or not over your unspecified timeframe. I don't know that it's relevant.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-03-16, 22:47

Use to Bob and pass by his stuff most of the time cuz he's a longtime lib whack with bad taste in music.

Use to like Moose back on vbRCMB and tTurd but have decided he must be bi-polar and has been off his meds for a while. Seconded for a ban until proof his lithium prescription has been refilled
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-03-16, 22:48

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:32 votes needed? That's never going to happen. We're at what, 15 people or so that post here. Moose is on a mission to kill off this board though, and it's working. I'mean on the verge of taking an extended break myself.

I'm posting less, but not because of the repetitive posts. I cannot fucking stand what the_douche and sd have done to this place. It's pretty much a miserable place when they're here, but it wouldn't even occur to me to call for their bannings.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-16, 22:49

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:32 votes needed? That's never going to happen. We're at what, 15 people or so that post here. Moose is on a mission to kill off this board though, and it's working. I'mean on the verge of taking an extended break myself.

I think 22 people voted in my "IF you had to ban someone during the tournament" thread...that may be an indication of how many people would vote.  Or not.

#TFT

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10599-troll-free-tournament-starts-tomorrow

Last edited by NigelUno on 2016-03-16, 22:50; edited 1 time in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2016-03-16, 22:49

This is what has happened for most people. It's even easier than putting Bob on ignore. Just don't bother coming here. After the tournament, I suspect things will degenerate to 3 or 4 people trying to prove who can be the biggest asshole...and SD.

If a troll trolls & nobody is around to be trolled, is it still trolling?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2016-03-16, 22:50

I think moose has just mentally lost it, worry for the guy
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2016-03-16, 22:50

LooseGoose wrote:

So your position is one of support for insufferable, obnoxious assholes. Got it. Sorry, I've got better ways to spend my days then putting up with them. You still could enjoy their free expressions on tBob or tBin so no one would be denying you that entertainment.

Is your ignore feature broken?

Oh, I get it. This mirrors your stance on abortion in real life. Because you are personally against it you want to take the choice away from everyone else.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next