Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask)

+27
Jake from State Farm
tGreenWay
MSU addict
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
Floyd Robertson
The Pantry
tTy
goodbar
I.B. Fine
Tim Wakefield
kingstonlake
Rocinante
MattyFresh
AnomanderRake
Robert J Sakimano
Wally Fairway
TheReal_LWS
Nordic
GRR Spartan
FatFingers
InTenSity
CORNER BLITZ
xsanguine
Turtleneck
31 posters

Page 11 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 11 Empty Re: Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask)

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-12-15, 09:46

Nordic wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Off topic, but does anyone feel that confident in the market right now? I've moved out of most of my equities and have cash sitting on the side. Market looks so top heavy to me it seems like it's going to come down in the next couple of years. I guess it has room to run.

Any values out there you guys are looking at?

I don't know shit about investing. I have two guys that handle my main investments. Neither have invested recent deposits (monthly auto deducts) in the market and holding it in cash right now. FWIW.

This is a good way to get ripped off.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 11 Empty Re: Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask)

Post by Nordic 2017-12-15, 09:47

TheReal_LWS wrote:
Nordic wrote:

I don't know shit about investing. I have two guys that handle my main investments. Neither have invested recent deposits (monthly auto deducts) in the market and holding it in cash right now. FWIW.

This is a good way to get ripped off.

Okie dokie
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-12-15, 09:48

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/14/most-obvious-path-for-leading-us-digital-currency-platform-coinbase-is-going-public-coo-says.html

If you have any expendable cash I would highly suggest investing in Coinbase after its IPO!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-12-15, 09:56

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Is Coinbase’s fee 1.49 or 4%?

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-12-15, 10:31

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Is Coinbase’s fee 1.49 or 4%?

I'm sure Ty knows. Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 11 2599972566

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-12-15, 10:34

OTPT - the fee seems to be 1.49% when I sold.
When I bought some Ethereum, maybe it was the same at first, but then they either went to a flat rate, or based off of a minimum? My purchases of $35-50 were charged $1.99.

Went and found this on their website. I guess the answer is that the fees vary.
In order to ensure that transactions are processed on digital currency networks, it's best that all outgoing transactions to external digital currency addresses have a mining fee attached to it. This fee is paid to the digital currency miners, who process the transactions and secure the respective network.

Coinbase does not pay the network mining fee on behalf of customers for outgoing digital currency transactions.

The fee you pay for outgoing transactions is calculated dynamically at the time the transaction is created. This means that the fee may be higher or lower depending on the overall transaction volume currently on the digital currency network. The fees are displayed on the send confirmation screen. Please note that no portion of this fee goes to Coinbase.

Last edited by InTenSity on 2017-12-15, 10:38; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added in answer from Coinbase)
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-12-15, 10:39

To make things more confusing, I also pulled this off the website.
USA
Base rate of 4% for all transactions**

Payment Method for Purchase Effective Rate of Conversion Fee (after waiver)
U.S. Bank Account 1.49%, with a $0.15 minimum
Coinbase USD Wallet 1.49%
Credit/Debit Card 3.99%
Payout Method for Sale Effective Rate of Conversion Fee (after waiver)
U.S. Bank Account 1.49%, with a $0.15 minimum
Coinbase USD Wallet 1.49%
PayPal 3.99%
USD Deposit Method Fee
ACH Transfer Free
Wire Transfer $10 ($25 outgoing)
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-12-15, 10:42

Just FYI, not sure if it was temporary or if you bought at a certain level or what, but they gave me some Bitcoin as part of my transaction. More than made up for the transaction fee.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-12-15, 10:54

Bitcoin back over $17500. Litecoin back over $300.

Still off of the highs from earlier in the week, but this is a good sign.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-12-15, 12:45

TheReal_LWS wrote:Bitcoin back over $17500. Litecoin back over $300.

Still off of the highs from earlier in the week, but this is a good sign.

Damnit should have pulled the trigger on LTC
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-12-16, 23:32

Who knows about ETH in this bitch? I’m thinking ETH over LTC.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-12-16, 23:44

Bitcoin is at 19k. Mother of god.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2017-12-17, 01:26

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Who knows about ETH in this bitch? I’m thinking ETH over LTC.

LTC is going to go ape-fucking-shit in 2018.  I just bought 10 more of them.

ETH will do well as well, but I am certain that LTC will be north of 1500 by this time next year.  That may be conservative.

If I were just dipping my toes in, I'd go with LTC. If you are wanting to pile money into this, buy both equally with maybe a higher concentration of LTC. I am absolutely certain about LTC pulling a 5-10X'er in 2018.

Last edited by tTy on 2017-12-17, 01:34; edited 1 time in total
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2017-12-17, 01:27

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Bitcoin is at 19k. Mother of god.

Still LOL'ing?  It's going to double from here by June, easy. August at the latest... It will be 40-50K by then.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2017-12-17, 01:38

TheReal_LWS wrote:https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/14/most-obvious-path-for-leading-us-digital-currency-platform-coinbase-is-going-public-coo-says.html

If you have any expendable cash I would highly suggest investing in Coinbase after its IPO!

No. Buy the cryptos and take them offline (either paper wallet or trezor, keepkey, nano S. whatever) If/when coinbase gets hacked, you are going to get a stock haircut like no other ever seen. I would never buy the stock of a crypto exchange.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-12-17, 04:19

tTy wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Bitcoin is at 19k. Mother of god.

Still LOL'ing?  It's going to double from here by June, easy. August at the latest... It will be 40-50K by then.

Why would I be LOLing? I'm making boatloads of money cheif. I guess I'm laughing at how quick and easy my piggy bank is filling up.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-12-17, 22:44

Not trying to discourage anyone, just some food for thought.

http://markets.businessinsider.com/currencies/news/bitcoin-is-illiquid-transaction-times-2017-12-1011612522
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-12-18, 10:28

I don't know if it's real or not, but it's pretty darn funny..

NEW YORK CITY - A New York man has been arrested after he reportedly made over a Million of dollars selling Chuck E. Cheese tokens as Bitcoins on the streets. Marlon Jensen, 36, was arrested a Sunday morning when NYPD stormed his home.

Man Arrested After Making Over 1 Million Dollars Selling Chuck E. Cheese Tokens as "Bitcoins"

that's my man, right there..   Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 11 502811600   Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 11 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-12-18, 10:30

"where a kid can be a kid"..

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 11 Cec

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 11 1966794946
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2017-12-18, 10:45

Robert J Sakimano wrote:"where a kid can be a kid"..

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 11 Cec

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 11 1966794946

"Yo, you got dem bitcoins, my man?"

"You got the scratch?"

"Ninja, you know this!"

"Bet. then lets do dis. These here bitcoins are goin for 19k a piece but I'll hook you up at 20 dolla each right now."
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-12-18, 10:51

goodbar wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:"where a kid can be a kid"..

"You got the scratch?"

"Ninja, you know this!"

"Bet. then lets do dis. These here bitcoins are goin for 19k a piece but I'll hook you up at 20 dolla each right now."

Ninja?
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-12-18, 11:03

TheReal_LWS wrote:
goodbar wrote:

"You got the scratch?"

"Ninja, you know this!"

Ninja?

You don't speak jive?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2017-12-18, 11:05

TheReal_LWS wrote:
goodbar wrote:

"You got the scratch?"

"Ninja, you know this!"

Ninja?

ninja, please.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-12-18, 13:11

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/GBTC?p=GBTC

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 11 F855083dd4d79e33573482a6d639d2c2--joker-heath-joker-batman
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-12-18, 13:41

Cryptocoins robbed at gunpoint
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-12-18, 13:52

Floyd Robertson wrote:Cryptocoins robbed at gunpoint
sounds like a movie that a bunch of nerds would stand in line to see.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2017-12-18, 14:05

Floyd Robertson wrote:Cryptocoins robbed at gunpoint

"That's when his friend Louis offered to call him a car service to drive him home.  He thought, why not? After all, his good friend was only looking out for his best interests........or was he?"

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 11 3575370caa0931a0f91e16de3ba52727
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2017-12-18, 21:52

ETH > 8 hunji

The fact that BTC refuses to correct and seems to just be consolidating here, even after the CBOE and CME came online with their futures bullshit tells me that it is going to turn higher again soon as well.  BTC is getting to a point that even I am underestimating it.  BTH (Bitcoin Cash is well north of 2K now as well).  BTC, BTH & BTGold are a combined 21/22K right now all together.  Redic....

LTC, once it breaks out of this cup pattern is going to rocket.

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 11 Ltc10

PS: I used the wrong chart. I should have used one with the 420 top in it, but it is the same thing.... ie: once LTC lights up 420-ish, it'll go higher again. #NoPun

Last edited by tTy on 2017-12-18, 23:18; edited 1 time in total
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2017-12-18, 21:53

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tTy wrote:

Why would I be LOLing? I'm making boatloads of money cheif. I guess I'm laughing at how quick and easy my piggy bank is filling up.

My fault... Carry on......
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2017-12-18, 22:03

Also, someone research Hashgraph and report back here. Seems like it could turn someone into a billionaire pretty fucking easy if what I'm hearing is legit.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-12-18, 22:56

My account is nearly back up to its all time high!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2017-12-18, 23:13

TheReal_LWS wrote:My account is nearly back up to its all time high!

What cryptos are you holding?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-12-18, 23:18

tTy wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:My account is nearly back up to its all time high!

Bitcoin and Litecoin.

I might get some Etherum too, I should have jumped in when it was under $200.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2017-12-18, 23:20

TheReal_LWS wrote:
tTy wrote:

Bitcoin and Litecoin.

When did you buy your BTC and do you hold it on an exchange or offline wallet? Reason I ask = because you may be the proud owner of Bitcoin Cash and/or Bitcoin Gold. Bitcoin Cash is going to be big one day (already over 2K, but could and should be bigger right now).
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-12-18, 23:21

tTy wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

Bitcoin and Litecoin.

When did you buy your BTC and do you hold it on an exchange or offline wallet? Reason I ask = because you may be the proud owner of Bitcoin Cash and/or Bitcoin Gold. Bitcoin Cash is going to be big one day (already over 2K, but could and should be bigger right now).

Been a few months. I think it was under $2000 when I bought it. It was before that big split that happened.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2017-12-18, 23:23

This is the LTC chart I should have used with 420 top on it.... It could already be breaking out, I don't know. But it will...

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 11 Ltc11
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2017-12-18, 23:27

TheReal_LWS wrote:
tTy wrote:

Been a few months. I think it was under $2000 when I bought it. It was before that big split that happened.

If it was before 8/1/17 you have both Cash and Gold but only if you moved your BTC offline and have access to your own private key(s). If you left it on Coinbase (assuming you used Coinbase initially) then you MAY gain access to Cash soon as they are going to begin supporting it, to some extent, in 2018 supposedly. We do not yet know if they will allow sells and buys, but they are saying they will "support" it, which to me means they will at least allow you to sell. The way it has been ramping lately, though, tells me that they are likely going to also allow buys and peeps are anticipating a panic buying opportunity and it'll jump big. Also hearing a lot of talk that BTCash will supplant OG BTC at some point due to transnational speed and cheaper fees. But on the other hand, everything that has told me that BTC is going to go parabolic keeps telling me that it is going to continue on it's path. At this point, it is becoming confusing as hell. I think a lot of this is driven by FOMO, but I'm not selling jack shit yet..... because of FOMO...... lol
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-12-18, 23:30

tTy wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

If it was before 8/1/17 you have both Cash and Gold but only if you moved your BTC offline and have access to your own private key(s). If you left it on Coinbase (assuming you used Coinbase initially) then you MAY gain access to Cash soon as they are going to begin supporting it, to some extent, in 2018 supposedly. We do not yet know if they will allow sells and buys, but they are saying they will "support" it, which to me means they will at least allow you to sell. The way it has been ramping lately, though, tells me that they are likely going to also allow buys and peeps are anticipating a panic buying opportunity and it'll jump big. Also hearing a lot of talk that BTCash will supplant OG BTC at some point due to transnational speed and cheaper fees. But on the other hand, everything that has told me that BTC is going to go parabolic keeps telling me that it is going to continue on it's path. At this point, it is becoming confusing as hell. I think a lot of this is driven by FOMO, but I'm not selling jack shit yet..... because of FOMO...... lol

Hmmm. I'll be interested in seeing what happens when they support it then. I am very happy so far, but I to am not selling yet. Saw a prediction of BTC hitting $400,000. That wold be nuts.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2017-12-18, 23:40

TheReal_LWS wrote:
tTy wrote:

Hmmm. I'll be interested in seeing what happens when they support it then. I am very happy so far, but I to am not selling yet. Saw a prediction of BTC hitting $400,000. That wold be nuts.

I'm actually starting to pull the reigns back on BTC predictions lately.

I'm definately not saying that it won't happen, not at all... I'm just saying that there is a real frickin good chance that someone comes along and kicks BTC in the jimmy.

Watch this:

I have to watch it again, I only listened to it at work today while I was busy AF. Gonna listen/watch it again.

I feel like, if/when the next best crypto mousetrap comes along (if it has not already) and we can identify it, we will all be driving around lambos with Ted Nugent riding bitch by 2019.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2017-12-18, 23:54

LMFAO, I bought 1.48 LTC's yesterday for a couple bucks shy of $500.00.  Looked back at my account history and I bought 20.16 for $773 in late June.  Bought 6.5 for $161 on May 3rd.

Really wish I would have pounded LTC harder after I realized that BTC and ETH were legit.  Oh well...... 2018 is a brand new year, I already know a million percent more than I did at this time last year, and if opportunity presents itself I pray I have the balls to pounce..... I just hate the thought of creating a tax event, but if/when it becomes clear that I could move everything into a can't miss lotto ticket, I may do it.

Veritaseum seems like it might be the ticket.  I have been watching this one for months.  Looked into buying it, it seemed like a fucking pain in the ass back in, what, August when I first brought it up?  Maybe things have changed since then.  I don't know, just posting posts....... This crypto stuff is crazy though.  I hope I've helped some of you make   some cash here..... I wish I'd have seen more participation in the thread earlier on back in late spring, early summer..... I tried.  All that said, we are ALL still early adopters.  We all can still make a LOT of money on this stuff and secure the financial future of ourselves and loved ones.  There will be other, probably even bigger, opportunities coming in the near future if we can only identify them before they go mainstream.  I think this Hashgraph shit might be the big one that takes out blockchain and makes paper money turn to shit.  We'll see.

LTC banging on 380, YO!!!!!!!!!!!
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 25  Next