Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone actually care about the Olympics?

+26
Death Roe
WhiteBoyHatcher
TheReal_LWS
NigelUno
duffy munn
tanfan!
Triple Sparty
Snake Plissken
Cym Jim
aualum06
tTy
Blanch32
Other Teams Pursuing That
CheesySpartan
Nordic
Travis of the Cosmos
Herbie Green
The_Dude
Floyd Robertson
Rocinante
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
The Pantry
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
I.B. Fine
30 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Does anyone actually care about the Olympics? Empty Does anyone actually care about the Olympics?

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-08-03, 10:29

As the media assault of Olympic coverage begins, I mean, other than seeing if the kayak competition encounters any floating corpses?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Does anyone actually care about the Olympics? Empty Re: Does anyone actually care about the Olympics?

Post by DWags 2016-08-03, 10:31

Love track. 100,200,400 and relays.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Does anyone actually care about the Olympics? Empty Re: Does anyone actually care about the Olympics?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-03, 10:34

I truly don't - I'm actually more interested in the ancillary reports of how disastrous it's likely to be.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-08-03, 10:36

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I truly don't - I'm actually more interested in the ancillary reports of how disastrous it's likely to be.
This. Wondering what the death toll will be.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-03, 10:39

Nope. Every time I see the Rio coast I wonder why any swimmer would want to make their way through poop to pick up a medal. Sorry, that more like the Jackass Olympics, or something the gang from Sunny would do.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-03, 10:40

The Pantry wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I truly don't - I'm actually more interested in the ancillary reports of how disastrous it's likely to be.
This. Wondering what the death toll will be.
I read that a mutilated body washed up on the beach where the volleyball is supposed to occur.

maybe that's god's way of suggesting that "beach volleyball" shouldn't be in the Olympics.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-08-03, 10:41

The basketball team is staying on a cruise ship docked in Rio while they're down there. Probably a smart move.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-08-03, 10:41

IOC should be disbanded.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-08-03, 10:42

No

Winter Olympics >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Summer Olympics

Exception: Sochi
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-03, 10:43

Pick one site and stay there. Aw hell, I don't care. I barely watch anymore, anyway. The X Games are much more interesting to me.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-03, 10:43

tGreenWay wrote:Nope. Every time I see the Rio coast I wonder why any swimmer would want to make their way through poop to pick up a medal. Sorry, that more like the Jackass Olympics, or something the gang from Sunny would do.
I would probably consider wearing a body condom if I even tuned in from the comfort of my couch located in my house within my tree-lined East Lansing neighborhood.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-03, 10:43

Meh
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-08-03, 10:48

Part of the reason it doesn't matter anymore is that it's become such a corrupt shit organization. It still matters to the athletes, but the bullshit surrounding it makes it almost unworkable.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-03, 10:48

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:The basketball team is staying on a cruise ship docked in Rio while they're down there. Probably a smart move.
probably a good move for Rio that they're being protected from the basketball team.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-03, 10:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Nope. Every time I see the Rio coast I wonder why any swimmer would want to make their way through poop to pick up a medal. Sorry, that more like the Jackass Olympics, or something the gang from Sunny would do.
I would probably consider wearing a body condom if I even tuned in from the comfort of my couch located in my house within my tree-lined East Lansing neighborhood.

You still have trees? I'm so jelly.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-03, 10:55

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I would probably consider wearing a body condom if I even tuned in from the comfort of my couch located in my house within my tree-lined East Lansing neighborhood.

did the storm knock all of yours down a couple of weeks back?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-03, 10:56

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

did the storm knock all of yours down a couple of weeks back?

No, I was kidding. We made out all right. I guess there are still some people over by the library who've yet to have power restored.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-03, 10:58

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:did the storm knock all of yours down a couple of weeks back?

No, I was kidding. We made out all right. I guess there are still some people over by the library who've yet to have power restored.
yikes!

I like the warning signs some of the do-gooders have in their yards.. "BWL - Do NOT Cut Down Our Historic Trees" or whatever.. only to find their historic trees crushing a house or car after that storm.. Does anyone actually care about the Olympics? 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-08-03, 11:06

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:The basketball team is staying on a cruise ship docked in Rio while they're down there. Probably a smart move.
probably a good move for Rio that they're being protected from the basketball team.

Does anyone actually care about the Olympics? 502811600

You know Draymond will be hosting parties and shit on that thing.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-08-03, 11:30

I love the Olympics especially the swimming.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-03, 11:34

tGreenWay wrote: The X Games are much more interesting to me.

Yep.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-03, 11:35

You're all a bunch of monsters.

I'm with herbie.

Does anyone actually care about the Olympics? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5v_N9Ov5T9-50p5rHUmGgEj8Pip0gMYLQbrkAhfiEENX-PLcBKXpyXI0
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-03, 11:40

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

You know Draymond will be hosting parties and shit on that thing.
I would be sure to confiscate cell phones and disable security cameras if I were him.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-03, 11:40

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You're all a bunch of monsters.

I'm with herbie.

Does anyone actually care about the Olympics? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5v_N9Ov5T9-50p5rHUmGgEj8Pip0gMYLQbrkAhfiEENX-PLcBKXpyXI0

Does that mean Hills is really a right winger? It seems subliminal. I get it, she's saying "vote for me, I'll stop taxes, ban the brown people, put pot heads in jail, make people who are raped keep their kids, insist on prayer in schools, and blame Obama for everything that's wrong...... It's our secret".

BTW, saw a couple of idiots at the convention holding it upside down, and was wondering if they meant we can only go backwards under hills.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-08-03, 11:41

Bullshit

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-08-03, 11:41

Love the Olympics and will probably watch daily. USA!, USA!, USA!!!
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-03, 11:41

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You're all a bunch of monsters.

I'm with herbie.

Does that mean Hills is really a right winger? It seems subliminal. I get it, she's saying "vote for me, I'll stop taxes, ban the brown people, put pot heads in jail, make people who are raped keep their kids, insist on prayer in schools, and blame Obama for everything that's wrong...... It's our secret".

BTW, saw a couple of idiots at the convention holding it upside down, and was wondering if they meant we can only go backwards under hills.

Well in your last paragraph I think you stumbled upon the subliminal message of why it's pointing to the right.

But, why is right the way forward? Why don't we think of left as forward? As a left handed person I find that to be extremely handist and wrong.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-03, 11:43

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
DWags wrote:

Well in your last paragraph I think you stumbled upon the subliminal message of why it's pointing to the right.

But, why is right the way forward? Why don't we think of left as forward? As a left handed person I find that to be extremely handist and wrong.

We should build a wall around left handers.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-03, 11:44

DWags wrote:

You're a monster. You're as evil as non left handed scissors.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-03, 11:44

Nordic wrote:

Bullshit

nah, I don't keep up with the Olympics really. I used to keep up more with the distance running - saw some great events in Atlanta in '96. Along with the cycling road race - it was cool in person but no the kind of thing I'd watch on TV. Cycling in the Olympics is sort of like soccer.. it ranks 3rd or 4th on the list of prestige, in terms of winning.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-03, 11:47

DWags wrote:

take this you left handed scumbags
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-08-03, 11:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Bullshit

nah, I don't keep up with the Olympics really. I used to keep up more with the distance running - saw some great events in Atlanta in '96. Along with the cycling road race - it was cool in person but no the kind of thing I'd watch on TV. Cycling in the Olympics is sort of like soccer.. it ranks 3rd or 4th on the list of prestige, in terms of winning.

So you are into distance sports, but are too cool to bother with the Olympics every four years. lol!
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-03, 11:49

Herbie Green wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:nah, I don't keep up with the Olympics really. I used to keep up more with the distance running - saw some great events in Atlanta in '96. Along with the cycling road race - it was cool in person but no the kind of thing I'd watch on TV. Cycling in the Olympics is sort of like soccer.. it ranks 3rd or 4th on the list of prestige, in terms of winning.

So you are into distance sports, but are too cool to bother with the Olympics every four years. lol!
wouldn't say I'm "too cool", though I appreciate you thinking I am - but I'm basically just not interested.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-03, 11:50

DWags wrote:

take this you left handed scumbags

Oh, oh God. I'm going to be sick...
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-08-03, 11:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

wouldn't say I'm "too cool", though I appreciate you thinking I am - but I'm basically just not interested.

I hear you. Last year I watched the Tampa Bay Marathon swim from my kayak and that was really compelling. I might tune in to see what Michael Phelps is doing but that is kind of played.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-03, 11:56

Herbie Green wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:wouldn't say I'm "too cool", though I appreciate you thinking I am - but I'm basically just not interested.

I hear you. Last year I watched the Tampa Bay Marathon swim from my kayak and that was really compelling. I might tune in to see what Michael Phelps is doing but that is kind of played.
the commercialization of it all kinda drives me crazy - and the NBC broadcasting is always quite overdone and very patronizing.

Luckily, if I do tune in, CBC (I think that's what it is) out of Canada does a much better job than NBC and it's on the East Lansing cable system.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-08-03, 12:01

I love the Olympics you fucking Nazis. I'll be in Euro land so I'm not sure how much I'll see, but setting the DVR for:

Women's Gymnastics
Rugby 7s
Track (sprints)

Maybe be able to catch some on EuroTV at night.

Does anyone actually care about the Olympics? United-states-flag
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-03, 12:08

Women's beach volleyball

Does anyone actually care about the Olympics? 10586010

Does anyone actually care about the Olympics? Imgres15

Does anyone actually care about the Olympics? Olympi10
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-08-03, 12:21

Granted there are a few interesting moments, but you can pretty much wrap it all up in 10-15 minutes of highlights at the end of the day, not the hours of background footage of how Otto overcame the trauma of the sausage factory explosion to become the shot putter he is today,
....unless you are really into per-pubescent girls running around in leotards, NTTAWWT Nordic.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-03, 12:23

I.B. Fine wrote:Granted there are a few interesting moments, but you can pretty much wrap it all up in 10-15 minutes of highlights at the end of the day, not the hours of background footage of how Otto overcame the trauma of the sausage factory explosion to become the shot putter he is today

that's what I was referring to with NBC's coverage..

....unless you are really into per-pubescent girls running around in leotards, NTTAWWT Nordic.
word on the street is that For bin is taking the entire month off to enjoy these particular events
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next