Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone actually care about the Olympics?

+26
Death Roe
WhiteBoyHatcher
TheReal_LWS
NigelUno
duffy munn
tanfan!
Triple Sparty
Snake Plissken
Cym Jim
aualum06
tTy
Blanch32
Other Teams Pursuing That
CheesySpartan
Nordic
Travis of the Cosmos
Herbie Green
The_Dude
Floyd Robertson
Rocinante
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
The Pantry
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
I.B. Fine
30 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Does anyone actually care about the Olympics? - Page 4 Empty Re: Does anyone actually care about the Olympics?

Post by Nordic 2016-08-10, 21:14

Herbie Green wrote:
Nordic wrote:BBC Olympic coverage is amazing. Watching live ping pong gold medal match between Ding Ning and Li Chin. It's gong back and forth.

How's the Phelps coverage going?

We have 5 channels of live action dipshit

Why are you so angry?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Does anyone actually care about the Olympics? - Page 4 Empty Re: Does anyone actually care about the Olympics?

Post by Herbie Green 2016-08-10, 21:20

Nordic wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

We have 5 channels of live action dipshit

Why are you so angry?

Just sixk of people saying stupid shit and then running off to message board moderators because their safe place gets violated.
Do you honestly not understand that Phelps is the most decorated olympian in history? Or that NBC has like 7 channels going simultaneously with coverage of every event imagineable? You thought this was 1988 and you put your tv on channel 9 to watch ping pong and were going to rub it in about how awesome your little experience was?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-08-10, 21:27

Herbie Green wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Why are you so angry?

Just sixk of people saying stupid shit and then running off to message board moderators because their safe place gets violated.
Do you honestly not understand that Phelps is the most decorated olympian in history? Or that NBC has like 7 channels going simultaneously with coverage of every event imagineable? You thought this was 1988 and you put your tv on channel 9 to watch ping pong and were going to rub it in about how awesome your little experience was?

What the shit are you talking about?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-10, 21:31

Herbie Green wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Why are you so angry?

Take a Xanax dude.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-08-10, 21:41

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Take a Xanax dude.

Yeah I don't think you want that to happen. I have seen others pipe off on benzos. People have a problem with what I post because it sometimes is the truth they don't want to hear. I get that
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-10, 21:44

Herbie Green wrote:

Take a Xanax dude.

Yeah I don't think you want that to happen. I have seen others pipe off on benzos. People have a problem with what I post because it sometimes is the truth they don't want to hear. I get that

Do whatever it takes to calm down. Maybe jerk off or something. No one cares that much about any of this. You're all worked up about Olympic coverage.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-08-10, 21:56

Herbie Green wrote:Lol your USA basketball team is losing to Australia at half

Did I miss something Herbie ? Are you not an American ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-08-10, 22:05

Herbie Green wrote:

Do whatever it takes to calm down. Maybe jerk off or something. No one cares that much about any of this. You're all worked up about Olympic coverage.

Dude, I am stoked. If you don't like it then find another thread to piss on. Maybe you and Nordic can stsrt a thread about what is going on with Canadian broadcasting. Nathan Adrian is about to go
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-10, 22:32

Hope Hodge Seck ‏@HopeSeck 40m40 minutes ago
All this manufactured drama about looks and finger wags. When I was a kid, figure skaters paid hit men to take out the competition
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-08-10, 22:35

Herbie Green wrote:

Dude, I am stoked. If you don't like it then find another thread to piss on. Maybe you and Nordic can stsrt a thread about what is going on with Canadian broadcasting. Nathan Adrian is about to go

I'm still confused. Are you rooting for or against the USA ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-10, 23:05

Herbie is a Nazi.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-08-10, 23:12

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Herbie is a Nazi.

Actually lot of people, smart people, have been saying that Herbie is a Nazi. Is it true? You tell me.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-08-10, 23:14

duffy munn wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

I think he's trolling something that no one gives a shit about. Dude must be bored as fuck.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-08-10, 23:33

duffy munn wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

I sdmit I may have been rooting against USA in that game. Maybe I don't actually want them to lose in the end but if you are USA basketball and want to be all that then show us something. It wasn't surprising that 5 NBA Australian scrubs were almost their equal
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-08-11, 00:01

Herbie Green wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I sdmit I may have been rooting against USA in that game. Maybe I don't actually want them to lose in the end but if you are USA basketball and want to be all that then show us something. It wasn't surprising that 5 NBA Australian scrubs were almost their equal

OMG. Herbie hates America.

Wait til Bob wakes up and finds out about this.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-11, 07:44

duffy munn wrote:The bike riding is on !!

This stuff is completely riveting. One of the guys was peddling like really, really fast.

Chills.
if you like cycling, you should tune into dancing.

One word: grueling.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-08-11, 07:50

LooseGoose wrote:

Let's sing a happy song together Herbie!!

That girl beaver seems like a real bitch.

Because she's thinking about eating eggs sunny-side-up?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-08-11, 07:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

This stuff is completely riveting. One of the guys was peddling like really, really fast.

Chills.

I've never been to a dance competition or danced personally.

In fact, I know nothing about it.

I just know it sucks.

Am I doing this right ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-11, 07:56

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:if you like cycling, you should tune into dancing.

I just know it sucks.

Am I doing this right ?
dude, as long as you're doing it, there is no wrong way. I support free speech and an open exchange of opinions.

Does anyone actually care about the Olympics? - Page 4 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-08-11, 08:55

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I just know it sucks.

Am I doing this right ?
dude, as long as you're doing it, there is no wrong way. I support free speech and an open exchange of opinions.

Right on, Bob.

Springsteen sucks. Although I've never really listened to his stuff.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-08-11, 09:15

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Right on, Bob.

You're a great American.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-08-11, 10:03

NigelUno wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Right on, Bob.

You're a great American.

Thanks man.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-11, 10:32

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Right on, Bob.

see.. if I were insecure or had this weird notion that everyone had to like what I liked.. this might offend my little snowflake feelings. However, you are more than open to have any opinion on anything you like.

you're a great American - Does anyone actually care about the Olympics? - Page 4 3493939353

Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on 2016-08-11, 10:34; edited 1 time in total
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-11, 10:33

duffy munn wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

You're a great American.

Thanks man.
and a great Spartan.

GO GREEN!

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-08-11, 10:42

little
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Right on, Bob.

see.. if I were insecure or had this weird notion that everyone had to like what I liked.. this might offend my little snowflake feelings. However, you are more than open to have any opinion on anything you like.

you're a great American - Does anyone actually care about the Olympics? - Page 4 3493939353

Thanks man. I've been working really hard at being intentionally annoying and judging others on their likes and beliefs ( especially the whack jobs that believe in God ).

I'm not quite there but damn if I'm not trying. Perhaps I need to me more repetitive and predictable.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-11, 10:45

duffy munn wrote:
little
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Thanks man. I've been working really hard at being intentionally annoying and judging others on their likes and beliefs ( especially the whack jobs that believe in God ).

I'm not quite there but damn if I'm not trying. Perhaps I need to me more repetitive and predictable.
it comes naturally to some, others have to work at it - repetition is important to anything we do in life. I'm sure the Olympians you guys are watching would agree.

good luck - I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-08-11, 10:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

it comes naturally to some, others have to work at it - repetition is important to anything we do in life. I'm sure the Olympians you guys are watching would agree.

Repetition comes naturally to Springsteen.  All his songs sound the same.

GO GREEN
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-11, 11:02

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Repetition comes naturally to Springsteen.  All his songs sound the same.

GO GREEN
GO WHITE!!

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-08-11, 11:19

China and the rest are playing for second place. USA USA USA!!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-11, 15:02

Actually these Russkie Beach Volleyball players aren't bad either.

Does anyone actually care about the Olympics? - Page 4 Epa05346928-evgenia-ukolova-l-and-ekaterina-birlova-during-the-womens-g35p2t
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-11, 15:05

LooseGoose wrote:Actually these Russkie Beach Volleyball players aren't bad either.

Does anyone actually care about the Olympics? - Page 4 Epa05346928-evgenia-ukolova-l-and-ekaterina-birlova-during-the-womens-g35p2t

The swiss girl last night was niiiiiiiccccceee
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-11, 15:23

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Actually these Russkie Beach Volleyball players aren't bad either.

The swiss girl last night was niiiiiiiccccceee

I was sorta liking the doping Russian swimmer too.....kinda the hot bad girl type.

Does anyone actually care about the Olympics? - Page 4 324835CF00000578-0-image-a-85_1458212976434
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-08-11, 18:02

Herbie Green wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Why are you so angry?

Just sixk of people saying stupid shit and then running off to message board moderators because their safe place gets violated.  Do you honestly not understand that Phelps is the most decorated olympian in history?  Or that NBC has like 7 channels going simultaneously with coverage of every event imagineable?  You thought this was 1988 and you put your tv on channel 9 to watch ping pong and were going to rub it in about how awesome your little experience was?

Lol...your still on this??

It was (partial) sarcasm. I'm in Euroland and watching ping pong fergodsake. Been catching the BBC civerage while passing out in the hotel. And yes I know Phelps is an Olympic demi-god and NBC's coverage revolves around him (hence the comment).

That said the BBC coverage is definitely different than the US. No commercials, 4 channels, mostly live and full matches. They play everything from field hockey to sword fighting. Zero hoopla and feel good stories, just raw coverage. I kind of miss some of it, but Bob would live it.  Definitely different coverage than I'm used to.

Oh and I reported your post for moderation.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-08-11, 18:20

Despite having a Chris Frey look-a-like on their squad, England is getting blitzed in the Rugby 7s finals. Fiji is bigger, faster, stronger. England looks gassed to boot.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-11, 18:24

Fiji!!!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-08-11, 19:50

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Chills.

What's cycling ? I thought it was just people riding bikes. Something I learned to do when I was 6 years old and still do today. ( at 53 )

As a matter of fact, I rode my bike up north this past weekend. I think we went about 8 miles. I glided a lot. It was fun !!
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2016-08-12, 00:52

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Fiji!!!

Fuck off.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2016-08-12, 00:54

Herbie Green wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Why are you so angry?

Did any of the NBC channels or any of their Comcast streaming services show, for example, the women's gymnastics finals live today? Just wondering.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-08-12, 03:27

Dunno...but I do know that I didn't have to listen to Tim Daggot. Which was a bonus.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-12, 08:11

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:if you like cycling, you should tune into dancing.

What's cycling ? I thought it was just people riding bikes. Something I learned to do when I was 6 years old and still do today. ( at 53 )

As a matter of fact, I rode my bike up north this past weekend. I think we went about 8 miles. I glided a lot. It was fun !!
you're only 53?

seriously.. I thought you were, like, 70..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next