Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who's going to see Milo on campus Wednesday?

+15
Other Teams Pursuing That
Floyd Robertson
AnomanderRake
CheesySpartan
Cameron
DWags
GRR Spartan
The_Dude
steveschneider
P Rob
Watch Out Pylon!
xsanguine
Robert J Sakimano
Turtleneck
I.B. Fine
19 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Who's going to see Milo on campus Wednesday? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who's going to see Milo on campus Wednesday?

Post by P Rob 2017-02-10, 09:59

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I need to link an article I read earlier this week about the left not liking the long slog to do this.   That the protests in the street were more of a quick "fix" for them.   In reality the protests are driving a bigger wedge between them and the moderate voters they need.  As the old saying goes "it won't play in Peoria" - people don't want to see a bunch of spoiled brats rioting because they lost.

538 has already been doing analysis and showing that the vast majority of the marches, demonstrations and riots are happening where the Dems are already strong.   This isn't a widening of their base, it's playing to the base.  That's not going to work to win more elections, the Dems are essentially a rump party now - the riots, the rhetoric and the obstructionism are going to ensure they remain that way.

And before the usual suspects chime in here about how unpopular Trump is, go take a look at the polling on the policies he's enacting.   They all poll much better than he does and even with the 24/7 bashing he's taking he's still polling around 50%.  No matter how much the Dems fell in love with Bernie they need to moderate the tone a bit and find a couple of leaders under 70 to put out in front of the American people.

If you don't think the shenanigans Trump is pulling isn't rallying the left you're living in a dream world.

Rallying for what? Midterms? The one's where odds are Republicans will pick up multiple senate seats? Or are you talking 2020? Who ya got? Sanders? Warren? Please.
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Who's going to see Milo on campus Wednesday? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who's going to see Milo on campus Wednesday?

Post by Guest 2017-02-10, 10:11

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I need to link an article I read earlier this week about the left not liking the long slog to do this.   That the protests in the street were more of a quick "fix" for them.   In reality the protests are driving a bigger wedge between them and the moderate voters they need.  As the old saying goes "it won't play in Peoria" - people don't want to see a bunch of spoiled brats rioting because they lost.

538 has already been doing analysis and showing that the vast majority of the marches, demonstrations and riots are happening where the Dems are already strong.   This isn't a widening of their base, it's playing to the base.  That's not going to work to win more elections, the Dems are essentially a rump party now - the riots, the rhetoric and the obstructionism are going to ensure they remain that way.

And before the usual suspects chime in here about how unpopular Trump is, go take a look at the polling on the policies he's enacting.   They all poll much better than he does and even with the 24/7 bashing he's taking he's still polling around 50%.  No matter how much the Dems fell in love with Bernie they need to moderate the tone a bit and find a couple of leaders under 70 to put out in front of the American people.

If you don't think the shenanigans Trump is pulling isn't rallying the left you're living in a dream world.

Don't just watch the news, read the polls. The polls tell you that people are supporting what he's doing, that's not as interesting for the news shows as the children rioting is.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-02-10, 10:12

P Rob wrote:
Rallying for what? Midterms? The one's where odds are Republicans will pick up multiple senate seats? Or are you talking 2020? Who ya got? Sanders? Warren? Please.

Elizabeth Warren for President!
Warren combines Hillary Clinton’s likability with Bernie Sanders’ sensible policy prescriptions, and adds to the mix her own unique dishonesty and hypocrisy.
the original Rachel Dolezal
Who's going to see Milo on campus Wednesday? - Page 8 502811600
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/02/elizabeth-warren-for-president.php
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-02-10, 10:23

Bunch of defensive posts up in this thread. Who's going to see Milo on campus Wednesday? - Page 8 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-02-10, 10:36

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Don't just watch the news, read the polls. The polls tell you that people are supporting what he's doing, that's not as interesting for the news shows as the children rioting is.

Well yeah, the same half of people that voted for Trump obviously. He isn't winning over any Democrats and he hasn't done anything completely insane yet for his base to abandon him.

Half of the country doesn't even know that the ACA = Obamacare. My key take away from observing polls is that we're an embarrassingly misinformed electorate.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob 2017-02-10, 10:46

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Bunch of defensive posts up in this thread. Who's going to see Milo on campus Wednesday? - Page 8 502811600

Bunch of deflecting posts up in this thread. Who's going to see Milo on campus Wednesday? - Page 8 502811600

P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-02-13, 21:21

xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-02-15, 21:51

I never knew that's what a fascist was. I guess add it to the group of neo-definitions like that of 'racism' and 'free speech'.

Kicker; This woman teaches middle school children. Awesome.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-02-16, 01:32

xsanguine wrote:

I never knew that's what a fascist was. I guess add it to the group of neo-definitions like that of 'racism' and 'free speech'.

Kicker; This woman teaches middle school children. Awesome.

Who's going to see Milo on campus Wednesday? - Page 8 Da068c29fd8569c882af4ee0d20f0b149354ed327d50284d16fedd9715e0aef8
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-02-16, 03:24

Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-16, 07:09

are ya'll still upset about free speech and the police not doing their job?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-02-16, 07:53

I am upset about the violent suppression of free speech, yes.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-16, 08:08

Cameron wrote:I am upset about the violent suppression of free speech, yes.
you should contact the authorities.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-02-16, 08:16

Cameron wrote:

Sorry, I just can't get too upset about all of this from someone that is that big of a hate filled asshole. Who's going to see Milo on campus Wednesday? - Page 8 2599972566
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-16, 08:25

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Sorry, I just can't get too upset about all of this from someone that is that big of a hate filled asshole. Who's going to see Milo on campus Wednesday? - Page 8 2599972566
seems like everyone here is giving him the attention he so desperately desires.

If it weren't for this thread, I would've never heard of the guy.. which is the way I prefer it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-02-16, 08:49

Bill Maher Invites Milo Yiannopoulos, and Another Guest Cancels
Scahill, whoever he is, had a golden opportunity to prove Milo is full of shit and be a hero to the cause, but he immediately hit the ejection seat. Must feel a little insecure in his position.
The Maher/Milo interaction should be amusing.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob 2017-02-16, 09:55

I.B. Fine wrote:Bill Maher Invites Milo Yiannopoulos, and Another Guest Cancels
Scahill, whoever he is, had a golden opportunity to prove Milo is full of shit and be a hero to the cause, but he immediately hit the ejection seat. Must feel a little insecure in his position.
The Maher/Milo interaction should be amusing.

I agree with Maher on very little (i do, however, regularly watch Real Time) but he absolutely nails it with his reply to the cowardly "journalist".

Can't wait for Milo's appearance! He is a sexy man.
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-02-16, 11:38

Maher is a good dude. Yeah, sure, he can come off as an arrogant Hollywood type sometimes but he genuinely cares about free speech and minimizing political correctness (he did make his bones as a comedian, after all). He is also able to differentiate between religions and admit some are nuttier than others. I think Maher and Milo will find a lot of common ground. It's a shame that coward that backed out wasn't willing to defend his opinion by debating Milo.
After Milo made a name for himself, people stopped engaging him in public debates because he had a reputation in England for systematically destroying feminist arguments.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-02-16, 11:41

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Can you blame a gay guy for hating a religion that requires his execution?

Or is it the free speech part that you can't be bothered with?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-02-16, 11:44

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

If it weren't for this thread, I would've never heard of the guy.. which is the way I prefer it.

That's a problem. America should stand up for its ideals. The fact that you wouldn't have heard about him if it weren't for non-media pushing this story is sad. Free speech is trending towards defeat. It's a shame Cym Jim doesn't engage anymore, it'd be fun to have a debate with him about the concept of free speech and why it is important (from my perspective) or why it isn't important (from his perspective).

Last edited by xsanguine on 2017-02-16, 12:29; edited 1 time in total
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob 2017-02-16, 11:46

xsanguine wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Please understand Watch Out Pylon is a fucking dolt. To him, disagreement is hate.

I guess following WOP's gorilla logic, he's a homophobe because he disagrees with Milo...and since Milo is gay...WOP is a HOMOPHOBE! THAT'S RIGHT! WOP IS A HOMOPHOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-02-16, 11:50

xsanguine wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

He can say whatever he wants. I am under no obligations to feel sorry for him when shit happens to his gatherings though.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-02-16, 11:52

P Rob wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Please understand Watch Out Pylon is a fucking dolt. To him, disagreement is hate.

Nah, Pylon seems like a good dude. I just think people are taking the media and protesters word for it rather than actually delving into what Milo is saying. Milo is a homosexual who doesn't like Islam. It shouldn't take a genius to figure out why he doesn't like Islam.

P Rob wrote:
I guess following WOP's gorilla logic, he's a homophobe because he disagrees with Milo...and since Milo is gay...WOP is a HOMOPHOBE! THAT'S RIGHT! WOP IS A HOMOPHOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I first saw this I thought you were displaying a dislike for Italians.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-02-16, 11:52

P Rob wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Please understand Watch Out Pylon is a fucking dolt.  To him, disagreement is hate.  

I guess following WOP's gorilla logic, he's a homophobe because he disagrees with Milo...and since Milo is gay...WOP is a HOMOPHOBE!  THAT'S RIGHT!  WOP IS A HOMOPHOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You sound angry. Need a hug? What's gorilla logic? Care to explain?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-02-16, 11:55

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

He can say whatever he wants. I am under no obligations to feel sorry for him when shit happens to his gatherings though.

I think this was Dwags position, too. I find it troubling that violent suppression of free speech is something people can't get upset about unless they agree with the opinions of the speaker. I fear it's an unhealthy stance in the long term.

Do you at least feel sorry for the people being violently attacked... at the very, very least?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob 2017-02-16, 12:14

xsanguine wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I think this was Dwags position, too. I find it troubling that violent suppression of free speech is something people can't get upset about unless they agree with the opinions of the speaker. I fear it's an unhealthy stance in the long term.

Do you at least feel sorry for the people being violently attacked... at the very, very least?

WOP's response will be something along the lines of, "No. I live in an echo chamber. I'm not real smart, have never had an independent thought, and I could never debate my way out of a wet paper bag so I'll just go with whatever the cool kids do."

P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob 2017-02-16, 12:15

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
P Rob wrote:

Please understand Watch Out Pylon is a fucking dolt.  To him, disagreement is hate.  

I guess following WOP's gorilla logic, he's a homophobe because he disagrees with Milo...and since Milo is gay...WOP is a HOMOPHOBE!  THAT'S RIGHT!  WOP IS A HOMOPHOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get bonars when i hug, so you probably wouldn't want to since you're a big homophobe.
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob 2017-02-16, 12:17

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
P Rob wrote:

By the way, nice job down voting every post I make. How old are you? Maybe some day you'll get laid.
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-16, 12:28

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

That's a problem. America should stand up for its ideals. The fact that you wouldn't have heard about him if it weren't for non-media pushing this story is sad. Free speech is trending towards defeat.

You can call it "free speech" if you want.. and that's fine. I don't care who he is or what he says. I'm simply not interested. I don't need him or anyone else to tell me how I should or shouldn't feel about something.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-02-16, 12:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

That's a problem. America should stand up for its ideals. The fact that you wouldn't have heard about him if it weren't for non-media pushing this story is sad. Free speech is trending towards defeat.

You can call it "free speech" if you want.. and that's fine. I don't care who he is or what he says. I'm simply not interested. I don't need him or anyone else to tell me how I should or shouldn't feel about something.

What would you call it, Bob?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-02-16, 12:32

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Translation: I have my opinions and my feelings that I'm comfortable with, I don't have any need for facts that may contradict them.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-16, 12:35

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

free speech.

I just don't care. I'm not sure how much more clear I can be, dude. Who's going to see Milo on campus Wednesday? - Page 8 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-02-16, 12:51

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

free speech.

I just don't care. I'm not sure how much more clear I can be, dude. Who's going to see Milo on campus Wednesday? - Page 8 502811600

Do you usually engage people on in-depth topics you don't care about? That's probably what makes it "not clear".
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-16, 12:53

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:free speech.

Do you usually engage people on in-depth topics you don't care about? That's probably what makes it "not clear".
no, I don't.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-02-16, 12:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

no, I don't.

Oh, cause I do. Gets me into a pickle from time to time.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-16, 13:04

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:no, I don't.

it's not my thing. I prefer to just mock people.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-02-16, 13:09

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

it's not my thing. I prefer to just mock people.

Like Trump mocks people?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-16, 13:13

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: it's not my thing. I prefer to just mock people.

Like Trump mocks people?
similarly.

gotta love free speech.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-02-16, 13:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Like Trump mocks people?
similarly.

gotta love free speech.

I know I do. America, for all her faults, is the greatest nation in the history of the world. Let's deal with Trump and after that get back to championing these concepts and ideals.

Who's going to see Milo on campus Wednesday? - Page 8 PHb82xtBPfqEg
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-16, 13:21

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
similarly.

gotta love free speech.

I know I do. America, for all her faults, is the greatest nation in the history of the world. Let's deal with Trump and after that get back to championing these concepts and ideals.

Who's going to see Milo on campus Wednesday? - Page 8 PHb82xtBPfqEg
oh, heck no - Cheeto Hitler can say whatever he wants.

and I can mock him and his christian followers for it. Who's going to see Milo on campus Wednesday? - Page 8 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next