Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Russians and the 2016 Election PT II

+16
AnomanderRake
The_Dude
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
InTenSity
Rocinante
TheReal_LWS
I.B. Fine
Cameron
Robert J Sakimano
Blanch32
NigelUno
Other Teams Pursuing That
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
DWags
20 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Russians and the 2016 Election PT II - Page 8 Empty Re: The Russians and the 2016 Election PT II

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-01-05, 15:15

GRR Spartan wrote:I find it troubling that our President elect trusts Assange and Putin more than US intelligence.  

But I also find it troubling that he is planning on re-organizing the CIA and the GOP Congress is re-instituting the 1876 Holman Rule that will allow Congress to cut funding for any program or individual to $1/year.

Maybe Trump think's is bestie Putin will give him more accurate intelligence than the CIA.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/donald-trump-plans-to-revamp-cut-back-us-intelligence-agencies-2017-01-04

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/house-republicans-revive-obscure-rule-that-could-allow-them-to-slash-the-pay-of-individual-federal-workers-to-1/2017/01/04/4e80c990-d2b2-11e6-945a-76f69a399dd5_story.html?utm_term=.ccc42e561638

Defund the programs that paint you in a bad light. Genius.

Well, we get the leader the majority minority voted for.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The Russians and the 2016 Election PT II - Page 8 Empty Re: The Russians and the 2016 Election PT II

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-05, 15:17

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:I find it troubling that our President elect trusts Assange and Putin more than US intelligence.  

But I also find it troubling that he is planning on re-organizing the CIA and the GOP Congress is re-instituting the 1876 Holman Rule that will allow Congress to cut funding for any program or individual to $1/year.

Maybe Trump think's is bestie Putin will give him more accurate intelligence than the CIA.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/donald-trump-plans-to-revamp-cut-back-us-intelligence-agencies-2017-01-04

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/house-republicans-revive-obscure-rule-that-could-allow-them-to-slash-the-pay-of-individual-federal-workers-to-1/2017/01/04/4e80c990-d2b2-11e6-945a-76f69a399dd5_story.html?utm_term=.ccc42e561638

Defund the programs that paint you in a bad light. Genius.

Well, we get the leader the majority minority voted for.
wait.. minority?

I heard it was a landslide for the admitted sexual predator.. scratch
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-05, 18:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:the first terror attack in the US under the admitted sexual predator will be interesting.. lives of families will be destroyed as he will lay blame at everyone but himself.

Bobby?

Link me to where President Obama has taken responsibility to ANY terror attack? Christ Almighty man you have blinders on. He refuses to even acknowledge Fort Hood, San Bernadino and others as terror. So again you're going to hold Trump to a much higher standard than you've held Obama to. No surprise in light of your rank partisanship.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-01-05, 22:23

Russian Go Between that gave DNC emails to wikileaks identified. This story is about to get huge.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-05, 22:45

steveschneider wrote:Russian Go Between that gave DNC emails to wikileaks identified. This story is about to get huge.

I wouldn't be surprised if we need to do the election over again........in 2020.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-01-06, 09:46

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Russian Go Between that gave DNC emails to wikileaks identified. This story is about to get huge.

I wouldn't be surprised if we need to do the election over again........in 2020.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump gets impeached before then. He seems a little loco don't you think?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-06, 10:14

steveschneider wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump gets impeached before then. He seems a little loco don't you think?

I would take impeachment next month if you could assure me it would work and we'd end up with President Mike Pence. Then we'd be going places.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-01-06, 10:17

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I would take impeachment next month if you could assure me it would work and we'd end up with President Mike Pence.   Then we'd be going places.

Yeah, to the 1700's. Still would take Pence over Trump though.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-01-06, 10:20

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I would take impeachment next month if you could assure me it would work and we'd end up with President Mike Pence. Then we'd be going places.

Getting a President that could stop acting like a child and a complete nut job over Twitter would be a huge step in the right direction.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-01-06, 11:40

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

You and a lot of the rank and file conservative GOP but Trump is taking a divide and conquer approach with his cabinet appointments.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-01-06, 11:58

GRR Spartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

You and a lot of the rank and file conservative GOP but Trump is taking a divide and conquer approach with his cabinet appointments.

I think there's a bit of growing discontent in the RNC. He's clearly unfit and leading them down paths they don't want to go. On the other side they stand a lot to gain from him and they are afraid of him.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-01-06, 16:42

Putin "ordered" a campaign aimed at influencing the election.

Fake news?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-01-06, 17:32

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Putin "ordered" a campaign aimed at influencing the election.

Fake news?

Nothing to see here, just a clandestine effort by a hostile foreign power to influence our election.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-01-06, 17:42

This is fascinating. Pride is what Russia is about. Putin did this because he thinks Clinton helped try to undermine him as sos and he's mad over the doping and panama papers. Lol
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-01-06, 17:43

steveschneider wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Putin "ordered" a campaign aimed at influencing the election.

Fake news?

Nothing to see here, just a clandestine effort by a hostile foreign power to influence our election.

What should we do about it?

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-01-06, 18:13

The_Dude wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Having a PEOTUS acknowledging this a problem and not a slight at him and his massive ego would be a step in the right direction.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-01-06, 18:15

steveschneider wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Having a PEOTUS acknowledging this a problem and not a slight at him and his massive ego would be a step in the right direction.

Agreed.

I think defending ourselves against this crap should be of utmost importance too.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-06, 18:49

steveschneider wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

I'm still flabbergasted at how little Goose and the right wingers on this board give a shit that they did this. Putin has so tamed the conservatives in this country and has been able to ease their angst its mind numbing. Never in a million years did I see this happening. Impressive move by Putin.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-06, 19:52

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I'm still flabbergasted at how little Goose and the right wingers on this board give a shit that they did this. Putin has so tamed the conservatives in this country and has been able to ease their angst its mind numbing. Never in a million years did I see this happening. Impressive move by Putin.

I don't see you or anyone outraged over Vincente Fox trying to influence the election over the Wall. OR is that ok because he failed?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-06, 19:59

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

I don't see you or anyone outraged over Vincente Fox trying to influence the election over the Wall. OR is that ok because he failed?

^^^ This exactly. The right wingers are comparing Mexico to Russia. Perfect. Reagan is turning over in his grave. Putin is amazing. Goose you're proving my point. I'm baffled by it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-01-06, 20:21

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

Classic Goose. The Russians and the 2016 Election PT II - Page 8 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-01-07, 02:29

Y'all know where I stand politically.... but the problem with all of this is that we keep calling it Russian "hacking." Russia didn't hack anything. At this point in America what with social media, all it takes is a 15 year old named Ethan (or Ethov or whatever) to post a news story about how Hillary Clinton employed dolphins to kill Scalia and you'll have 500,000 people that believe it.

The real way to fight Russian "hacking" is to educate our people beyond a useless high school degree so that they can start to put two and two together. I've never been as behind higher education reform as I am these days.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-01-07, 02:52

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Y'all know where I stand politically.... but the problem with all of this is that we keep calling it Russian "hacking." Russia didn't hack anything. At this point in America what with social media, all it takes is a 15 year old named Ethan (or Ethov or whatever) to post a news story about how Hillary Clinton employed dolphins to kill Scalia and you'll have 500,000 people that believe it.

The real way to fight Russian "hacking" is to educate our people beyond a useless high school degree so that they can start to put two and two together. I've never been as behind higher education reform as I am these days.
There is no way the right wants an educated voter base.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-07, 11:58

InTenSity wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Y'all know where I stand politically.... but the problem with all of this is that we keep calling it Russian "hacking." Russia didn't hack anything. At this point in America what with social media, all it takes is a 15 year old named Ethan (or Ethov or whatever) to post a news story about how Hillary Clinton employed dolphins to kill Scalia and you'll have 500,000 people that believe it.

There is no way the right wants an educated voter base.

And I'd say the same about the Left. Amazing that.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-07, 12:00

The left's Russia narrative has no legs

WikiLeaks released all the DNC, Hillary Clinton and John Podesta emails that were in play during the 2016 presidential election. Julian Assange claims he did not receive any of these emails from Russia, Russia-related individuals, or Russian agents. He received them all from a "private, non-state party." Assange was not provided any similar data regarding Trump and the RNC, so he had none to release. In the last election cycle, let's not forget, he released Sarah Palin's emails, which backs up his claim that he is non-partisan in his promulgation of political leaks.

Whether you view Assange as heroic or treacherous, the veracity of his releases is not contested. Therefore, if these revelations did impact the election results, it is the deplorable actions of Hillary Clinton and DNC that show who is responsible – the message, if you will, not the messenger we ought to blame. This does not advance the narrative of the left, however, who must find a more palatable explanation for the Clinton loss. Hence the Russians.

This false narrative is ridiculous on two counts. First, the Russians do not want Trump. Trump is a wild card. He is pro-military and is not a guy who likes sand kicked in his face. President Obama has utterly failed to contain Russia – they have taken Crimea and injected themselves into the Middle East after being shut out by previous U.S. presidents for 40 years. Consider Syria, the shameful Iran deal, and the fact that Egypt is again buying Russian weapons after Obama shunned President El-Sisi. Russia is also not so surreptitiously trying to take Ukraine by force. Obama has done nothing to stop any of this. Trump is a tough guy, and it is hard to imagine the Russians believing they will do better with him in the White House.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-01-07, 17:11

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

Becase of what? End abortion regardless of the cost to the rest of the democracy?

Your quasi justification of "Yeah but what about (fill in the blank) makes it look like you are happy to have a Russian lead the mis information and hacking to affect the Clinton campaign makes me question what else are you willing to tolerate to continue to support Trump.

Is it whatever it takes now? Turn over the government to oligarachs and just get on with our lives like Putin's bestie has recommended?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-07, 22:40

GRR Spartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Becase of what? End abortion regardless of the cost to the rest of the democracy?

Your quasi justification of "Yeah but what about (fill in the blank) makes it look like you are happy to have a Russian lead the mis information and hacking to affect the Clinton campaign makes me question what else are you willing to tolerate to continue to support Trump.

Is it whatever it takes now? Turn over the government to oligarachs and just get on with our lives like Putin's bestie has recommended?

I continue to be amazed at how many people have convinced themselves that Russia is taking over the US.

Get a fattie somewhere and smoke, you'll feel much better.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-01-07, 22:44

LooseGoose wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

I continue to be amazed at how many people have convinced themselves that Russia is taking over the US.

I think the problem is that he's already done that.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-01-07, 22:50

LooseGoose wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

Who thinks that?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-01-07, 23:30

Goose sold his soul to end abortion and he also evidently thinks the US and Russia need to be partners and have the same goals.

The second part might be true because we have an incoming President who is scared shitless to offend Russia's authoritarian oligarch who kills people who dare to disagree, invades and annexes the Crimea while denying trioups are then until he admited it.

Maybe Goose thinks we should smoke dope while he defends Trump, Putin's new bestie telling us the same thing.  Relax, take it easy.  Get on with your life.  Of course Trump won't release tax and financial data because the Russian oligarchs own his ass.  Does Goose want to tell us that Putin doesn't control the oligarchs he helped create too.

Putin doesn't have to take over Goose.  He's got his boy in the White House.  He interfered with the US electoral system like any good KGB spy would and you think its a joke.

There are times like this where I wonder what the fuck was I thinking 40 some years ago when Trump, Ted Nugent and a shit load of "conservatives" ducked the military and I was dumb enough to enlist.  Now the same assholes who refused top go want us to let Russia stick it in our ass, break it off because we need to be one big happy family.

Trump wants an oligarch class.  A lot of people here voted for him knowing about his campaign's relationships with Putin.  Now we all get to live with it.

Trump is our President.  Grab a pussy, its going to be a wild ride.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-09, 23:24

Stop trying to undermine Trump legitimacy: Christian Schneider

Certainly, Americans have always argued that ideologically opposite politicians are wrong, or perhaps unqualified. (And on these counts, I have argued Trump is both.) But the idea that the presidency was gained through trickery or subterfuge keeps gaining momentum.

It began most notably following the 2000 election, when Democrats convinced themselves George W. Bush actually lost Florida, and thus the election. Even though an extensive review of the vote by multiple news groups (including USA TODAY) in 2001 confirmed that Bush would have won almost any recount, liberals still hang on to this fantasy even in 2017.

Of course, this is by no means a partisan phenomenon. Throughout Barack Obama's presidency, fringe Republicans pushed the idea that Obama was not born in the United States, and thus was ineligible to hold office. Ironically, one of the primary reasons Trump is unqualified for the presidency is that he gave life to the moronic "birther" movement.

And now the pendulum has swung back to the Democrats, who credit Russian skullduggery for Trump's win. This, of course, relieves them of the burden of reflecting on the awfulness of their own candidate. Ironically, near the end of the campaign, Clinton tweeted that not respecting the results of the campaign would be a "direct threat to our democracy." She likely has not responded to Pelosi's attempts to undermine the election results because she is wandering the woods of New York State looking for Eleven from Netflix's Stranger Things.

If the reporting on this so far is correct, what the Russians did was essentially add more information to the public knowledge base about the candidates. They simply put information out and let the public digest it, which is far less nefarious than the actual hacking of vote machines. In fact, on Election Day, there were few voters that didn't know Russia was trying to influence the election through the release of the emails. (I wrote about it in June.)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-10, 00:38

Trump is doing that on his own.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-10, 19:40

So this means Buzzfeed can't verify one bit of what they published today but published it anyway. And people talk about Fake News.

The Russians and the 2016 Election PT II - Page 8 C12Y_RvXcAAVKKH
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-10, 19:41

And the funny one is the "obtained through ferocious reporting"./.....at least 3-4 reporters have come forward to say they turned the shitpile down because non of it was verifiable.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-01-10, 19:43

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

He's a master deceiver. He's playing the far left like a fiddle to. It's circulating on Twitter the Kremlin paid for Jill Stein to head to Russia and RT TV just started in France prior to their election. His goal is to deceive and divide!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-01-10, 19:45

Instead of writing a novel justifying their decision, why don't they just say we hate Republicans and Trump and that's why we are publishing it.

And the press wonders why they are at all times low lol
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-01-10, 19:52

Regarding buzzfeed, I'm holding out until the NYT, Was Pos or WSJ can verify it.

It was reported in the Guardian from a British M15 agent that they suspect that Trump was spied on during his trip to Moscow. Also, he's pissed off so many folks in the intelligence community we can count on a lot of leaks on him in the future. Not saying this one is legit, but after all of the nutty stuff that has happened in 16 it would be kind of funny if a fake news story took Trump down.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-10, 19:55

steveschneider wrote:Regarding buzzfeed, I'm holding out until the NYT, Was Pos or WSJ can verify it.

It was reported in the Guardian from a British M15 agent that they suspect that Trump was spied on during his trip to Moscow. Also, he's pissed off so many folks in the intelligence community we can count on a lot of leaks on him in the future. Not saying this one is legit, but after all of the nutty stuff that has happened in 16 it would be kind of funny if a fake news story took Trump down.

lol Fake News

MollieVerified account ‏@MZHemingway
Also, @buzzfeedben admits they’ve been working to confirm story for “weeks" but unable to. This new publication standard is most interesting
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-01-10, 19:57

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Regarding buzzfeed, I'm holding out until the NYT, Was Pos or WSJ can verify it.

lol Fake News

MollieVerified account ‏@MZHemingway
Also, @buzzfeedben admits they’ve been working to confirm story for “weeks" but unable to. This new publication standard is most interesting

Well that's buzzfeed for you. I've said it numerous times on here if you rely on the big three to publish a story your odds greatly improve that it's accurate.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-01-10, 23:00

This story is huge, and is not going way. This is not fake news. This is a developing story that needs further substantiation.

Even further is new reports that Trump surrogates had contacts with russia during the election.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next