Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bump when these numbers move

+23
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
AvgMSUJoe
msugolfguy
Heat Miser
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
NigelUno
Watch Out Pylon!
GRR Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
Dendrobates
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
Frank Ricard
kingstonlake
InTenSity
Cameron
CheesySpartan
AnomanderRake
Floyd Robertson
27 posters

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down

Bump when these numbers move - Page 8 Empty Re: Bump when these numbers move

Post by Guest 2018-01-20, 15:24

I'm old enough to remember when the poors voted against their best interests.....

We’ve seen already the news of the growing number of companies citing the corporate tax cut as the trigger to give bonuses, raises, and announcements of significant new domestic capital investment, which is ruining the Democrats’ day. Wait till they get a load of this news, from the Wall Street Journal this morning:

Less-Educated Workers See Biggest Weekly Pay Bumps

Americans with only a high-school diploma are seeing faster earnings growth than their highly educated counterparts, as employers in low-wage industries hungrily search for workers to fill job openings.

In the fourth quarter of 2017, median weekly earnings for workers 25 years and older with only a high-school diploma rose 2.3% from the same period a year earlier, new Labor Department data show. Meanwhile, pay for Americans carrying a bachelor’s degree edged up just 0.8% from the fourth quarter of 2016.

The trend has been ongoing, with year-over-year wage growth for high-school graduates outpacing wage growth for college graduates in each quarter of 2017.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-20, 15:29

Rocinante wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:

Can you provide any proof for your assertion that the ACA caused shorter lifespans?

Of course he can't.  He doesn't even believe it.

Sorry Roc and Rake...but it's true.

The ACA financed the Opioid epidemic. The Opioid epidemic has shortened American lifespans.

A Shocking Decline in American Life Expectancy

I hope the Atlantic is politically acceptable to you.

Because of the opioid epidemic, Americans have been dying younger for two years in a row.

For the first time since the early 1960s, life expectancy in the United States has declined for the second year in a row, according to a CDC report released Thursday. American men can now expect to live 76.1 years, a decrease of two-tenths of a year from 2015. American women’s life expectancy remained at 81.1 years.

The change was driven largely by a rising death rate among younger Americans. The death rate of people between the ages of 25 and 34 increased by 10 percent between 2015 and 2016, while the death rate continued to decrease for people over the age of 65.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-20, 17:02

Number of government shutdowns the racist, bigoted sexual predator is responsible for:

Bump
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-20, 17:02

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Of course he can't.  He doesn't even believe it.

The ACA financed the Opioid epidemic. The Opioid epidemic has shortened American lifespans.

Because of the opioid epidemic, Americans have been dying younger for two years in a row.

For the first time since the early 1960s, life expectancy in the United States has declined for the second year in a row, according to a CDC report released Thursday. American men can now expect to live 76.1 years, a decrease of two-tenths of a year from 2015. American women’s life expectancy remained at 81.1 years.

The change was driven largely by a rising death rate among younger Americans. The death rate of people between the ages of 25 and 34 increased by 10 percent between 2015 and 2016, while the death rate continued to decrease for people over the age of 65.
thanks for the mainstream media link.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-01-20, 21:22

LooseGoose wrote:I'm old enough to remember when the poors voted against their best interests.....

We’ve seen already the news of the growing number of companies citing the corporate tax cut as the trigger to give bonuses, raises, and announcements of significant new domestic capital investment, which is ruining the Democrats’ day. Wait till they get a load of this news, from the Wall Street Journal this morning:

Less-Educated Workers See Biggest Weekly Pay Bumps

Americans with only a high-school diploma are seeing faster earnings growth than their highly educated counterparts, as employers in low-wage industries hungrily search for workers to fill job openings.

In the fourth quarter of 2017, median weekly earnings for workers 25 years and older with only a high-school diploma rose 2.3% from the same period a year earlier, new Labor Department data show. Meanwhile, pay for Americans carrying a bachelor’s degree edged up just 0.8% from the fourth quarter of 2016.

The trend has been ongoing, with year-over-year wage growth for high-school graduates outpacing wage growth for college graduates in each quarter of 2017.

As an American with a Bachelor's degree, I'm annoyed by this. I've got loans to pay back, goddammit. 0.8% is bullshit.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-20, 23:39

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Number of government shutdowns the racist, bigoted sexual predator is responsible for:

Bump

Lol. Bullshit unless he's a Senator now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-20, 23:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Thanks to you as always for participating in a fruitful discussion.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-21, 07:43

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Number of government shutdowns the racist, bigoted sexual predator is responsible for:

Bump

I'm sorry you find numbers inconvenient.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-23, 17:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I'm sorry you find numbers inconvenient.

lol, no - I find your pure bullshit inconvenient.

Oh and by the way....125,000 more average Americans to get $1000 plus educational funding. I know it's chicken feed to all of you and Nancy Pelosi but to the normal person it's a nice chunk of change.

125,000 Disney employees to receive $1,000 cash bonus due to tax reform

Disney announces a one-time cash bonus of $1,000 for over 125,000 employees.

The company will also make a $50 million investment into a new employee education program.

Both initiatives are a result of the recent tax reform.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-23, 18:53

Number of children murdered today at school in Kentucky.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-23, 18:54

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm sorry you find numbers inconvenient.

Oh and by the way....125,000 more average Americans to get $1000 plus educational funding. I know it's chicken feed to all of you and Nancy Pelosi but to the normal person it's a nice chunk of change.

The company will also make a $50 million investment into a new employee education program.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-24, 00:30

LooseGoose wrote:

Why are all these being called a “one time” cash bonus? Are the tax cuts ending next year and after that? Or is this just a “one time” stunt by corporations to fool the same idiots they’ve been fooling sine 8, November 2016.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-24, 06:03

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Why are all these being called a “one time” cash bonus? Are the tax cuts ending next year and after that? Or is this just a “one time” stunt by corporations to fool the same idiots they’ve been fooling sine 8, November 2016.
you should know that the CEO's of these corporations are raging liberals and they're begrudgingly giving these cash bonuses. The last thing they want is to somehow make the racist, bigoted sexual predator look competent. That would be really bad for their companies and wealth.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-24, 08:20

Number of Toys R Us stores closing:

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-24, 08:21

Number of Toys R Us employees losing their jobs:

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-24, 08:21

Number of Republicans who brought this up in this thread:

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-24, 10:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Number of Toys R Us employees losing their jobs:

are they, perhaps, getting a one time bonus due to tax cuts?  

Honestly, another big box store that is the result of Amazon kicking it's ass.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-01-24, 12:06

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Number of Toys R Us stores closing:

There were any still open?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2018-01-24, 19:04

Kimberly Clark cutting over 5,000 jobs, over 10% of its workforce.

Kimberly-Clark — maker of brands such as Kleenex, Scott and Huggies — said the savings it receives from the new tax-cut law will help them pay for a restructuring program that includes layoffs.

The company said the restructuring initiative, which the company was planning to undertake regardless of the tax law's passage, will involve reducing its number of employees by about 5,000 to 5,500 people, or 12 to 13 percent of its workforce. Kimberly-Clark also said it plans to close or sell about 10 manufacturing facilities.

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/370498-kimberly-clark-to-use-savings-from-tax-cuts-to-pay-for-layoffs
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-01-24, 20:08

Turtleneck wrote:Kimberly Clark cutting over 5,000 jobs, over 10% of its workforce.

Kimberly-Clark — maker of brands such as Kleenex, Scott and Huggies — said the savings it receives from the new tax-cut law will help them pay for a restructuring program that includes layoffs.

The company said the restructuring initiative, which the company was planning to undertake regardless of the tax law's passage, will involve reducing its number of employees by about 5,000 to 5,500 people, or 12 to 13 percent of its workforce. Kimberly-Clark also said it plans to close or sell about 10 manufacturing facilities.

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/370498-kimberly-clark-to-use-savings-from-tax-cuts-to-pay-for-layoffs

Oops.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-25, 10:09

Starbucks gives workers raises, stock grants due to tax law. 17

Home Depot hourly employees to receive up to $1,000 bonus due to tax reform Home Depot joins a growing list of corporations using new tax benefits to invest in their workers. Certain additional expenses and the bonus payments will negatively impact Home Depot's fiscal 2017 earnings. Home Depot is still evaluating how new tax legislation will impact the business in fiscal 2018, but said it should be "beneficial."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-25, 10:10

Turtleneck wrote:Kimberly Clark cutting over 5,000 jobs, over 10% of its workforce.

It would be naive to expect 100% of the news to be good. But with 4% unemployment I doubt those workers are looking for a job for a long time.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-25, 10:19

LooseGoose wrote:

It would be naive to expect 100% of the news to be good. But with 4% unemployment I doubt those workers are looking for a job for a long time.

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t17848-preliminary-thread-for-those-that-want-to-play
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-25, 10:20

LooseGoose wrote:

It would be naive to expect 100% of the news to be good.   But with 4% unemployment I doubt those workers are looking for a job for a long time.

I think there are people who have just given up on trying to find a job and then there a a ton who are underemployed, and then there are those whose benefits have run out.  

Is that how it works?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-25, 10:23

LooseGoose wrote:

You shouldn't be disagreeing with your dear leader.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-25, 10:25

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t17848-preliminary-thread-for-those-that-want-to-play

Perhaps another day. Honestly I've been in a deep depression for 24-48 hours. Don't really feel like playing in there for now. Sorry to disappoint your entertainment needs. Plus I'm a fucking liar anyway.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-01-25, 10:40

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

It would be naive to expect 100% of the news to be good.   But with 4% unemployment I doubt those workers are looking for a job for a long time.

I think there are people who have just given up on trying to find a job and then there a a ton who are underemployed, and then there are those whose benefits have run out.  

Is that how it works?
That was a thing we used to care about but we no longer care about. You may recall conservatives claiming that number was 25% a little over a year ago. Its not important now though.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-25, 11:01

LooseGoose wrote:

Perhaps another day.   Honestly I've been in a deep depression for 24-48 hours.   Don't really feel like playing in there for now.   Sorry to disappoint your entertainment needs.   Plus I'm a fucking liar anyway.

:(

Bump when these numbers move - Page 8 3609021617
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-01-25, 13:15

LooseGoose wrote:

Perhaps another day. Honestly I've been in a deep depression for 24-48 hours. Don't really feel like playing in there for now. Sorry to disappoint your entertainment needs. Plus I'm a fucking liar anyway.

Sorry for your troubles Goose. Hope everything's ok.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-26, 10:27

GDP up 2.6% vs expected growth of 3.0%.

Cue republican whining, blame/justification.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-27, 09:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:GDP up 2.6% vs expected growth of 3.0%.

The good news is breaking your heart, eh? Now you're nitpicking 2.6% when you were celebrating 1.9%??? lol.

Dow pops 224 points, stocks notch record close on strong earnings

The Dow, S&P 500 and Nasdaq hit record highs on Friday.

AbbVie, Honeywell, Intel and Rockwell are among the latest companies to report better-than expected earnings and revenue.

Fourth straight week of market gains, Treasuries weaker Fourth straight week of market gains as Treasuries weaken
16 Hours Ago | 01:03
U.S. stocks closed sharply higher on Friday as quarterly earnings top estimates, while the economy continues to grow.

The Dow Jones industrial average rose 223.92 points and hit intraday and closing records. The 30-stock index finished the session at 26,616.71.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-27, 11:37

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:GDP up 2.6% vs expected growth of 3.0%.

The good news is breaking your heart, eh? Now you're nitpicking 2.6% when you were celebrating 1.9%??? lol.

Dow pops 224 points, stocks notch record close on strong earnings

The Dow, S&P 500 and Nasdaq hit record highs on Friday.

AbbVie, Honeywell, Intel and Rockwell are among the latest companies to report better-than expected earnings and revenue.

Fourth straight week of market gains, Treasuries weaker Fourth straight week of market gains as Treasuries weaken
16 Hours Ago | 01:03
U.S. stocks closed sharply higher on Friday as quarterly earnings top estimates, while the economy continues to grow.

The Dow Jones industrial average rose 223.92 points and hit intraday and closing records. The 30-stock index finished the session at 26,616.71.
thanks for proving my point.. and for the mainstream media link.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-29, 09:13

More bad news.....for the haters. Maybe Pylon can find a new funny pic top console himself.

Wage increases reported by highest number of companies in 18 years, survey finds

More companies are hiking wages and salaries than at any time over the last 18 years, according to a survey of business economists released Monday.

The National Association for Business Economics said the net percentage of those companies which have increased wages and salaries over the last three months rose to 48 in January, up from 37 in October and the third-highest reading since April 1982.

Not a single respondent said their wages have dropped, according to the NABE survey.

Wage growth has been the missing ingredient to the recovery from the Great Recession.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-29, 09:15

LooseGoose wrote:More bad news.....for the haters.   Maybe Pylon can find a new funny pic top console himself.

Wage increases reported by highest number of companies in 18 years, survey finds

More companies are hiking wages and salaries than at any time over the last 18 years, according to a survey of business economists released Monday.

The National Association for Business Economics said the net percentage of those companies which have increased wages and salaries over the last three months rose to 48 in January, up from 37 in October and the third-highest reading since April 1982.

Not a single respondent said their wages have dropped, according to the NABE survey.

Wage growth has been the missing ingredient to the recovery from the Great Recession.

Holy fuck, crazy. You really get your feelings hurt easily over Trump don't you? Need me to change your diaper now? You smell like you made a doodie.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-29, 09:32

Hey Goose. Post your insane rants about perceived slights against Trump here please. You're gonna cause Travis to have to do something and then Pantry is going to go nuts. Let's try to avoid that. Thanks buddy!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-29, 09:59

LooseGoose wrote:More bad news.....for the haters. Maybe Pylon can find a new funny pic top console himself.

#MAGA
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-30, 10:28

Robert J Sakimano wrote:thanks for the mainstream media link.#MAGA

Sorry to keep breaking your heart....

Home prices surge to new high, up 6.2% in November

The supply crisis in the housing market is not letting up, and neither are the home price gains.

National home prices rose 6.2 percent annually on S&P CoreLogic Case-Shiller's most broad survey.

Another S&P index of the nation's 20 largest housing markets showed a 6.4 percent gain, higher than analysts had expected.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-30, 12:17

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:thanks for the mainstream media link.#MAGA

Sorry to keep breaking your heart....

Home prices surge to new high, up 6.2% in November

The supply crisis in the housing market is not letting up, and neither are the home price gains.

National home prices rose 6.2 percent annually on S&P CoreLogic Case-Shiller's most broad survey.

Another S&P index of the nation's 20 largest housing markets showed a 6.4 percent gain, higher than analysts had expected.

if only the mainstream media didn't hate the sexual predator so much and want to make him look bad.

[lolz]
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-30, 14:34

Oklahoma City-based Chesapeake Energy lays off 13% of its workforce.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-30, 14:35

Harley Davidson stocks plummet amid plans to shut down a Kansas City plant.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next