Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North Korea: Preventative attack or learn to live with a nuclear north?

+10
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
steveschneider
kingstonlake
Cameron
InTenSity
Floyd Robertson
DWags
MiamiSpartan
Turtleneck
14 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

North Korea: Preventative attack or learn to live with a nuclear north? - Page 3 Empty Re: North Korea: Preventative attack or learn to live with a nuclear north?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-11, 08:37

What's with everyones interest in even surviving a nuclear holocaust? Fuck that. Let a bomb fall directly on me before I have to deal with living in that post apocalyptic world.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

North Korea: Preventative attack or learn to live with a nuclear north? - Page 3 Empty Re: North Korea: Preventative attack or learn to live with a nuclear north?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-11, 10:12

https://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2017/08/11/how-do-you-price-a-problem-like-korea/

"Analysts are trying to figure out what happens to the markets in the event of all our nuclear war."

Um, guys... uhhh.... good news and bad news. Good news- I think you can probably stop working on that question for the rest of the day.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-08-11, 10:29

The story is behind a paywall Travis.

Although it is silly to try to figure out what's going to happen to all your precious money when it no longer holds any value.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-11, 10:31

InTenSity wrote:The story is behind a paywall Travis.

Although it is silly to try to figure out what's going to happen to all your precious money when it no longer holds any value.

Oh I know I was just reacting to the sub headline. I didn't read the article myself so maybe they went into some wisdom on why they think the market is still relevant when we're all dead.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-08-11, 10:37

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
InTenSity wrote:The story is behind a paywall Travis.

Oh I know I was just reacting to the sub headline. I didn't read the article myself so maybe they went into some wisdom on why they think the market is still relevant when we're all dead.
Maybe they have uploaded their consciousness into the stock exchange, and the machines will continue to do HFT's, so that when the aliens finally discover the planet and plug into the mainframe, they can come back and collect it all. Then they'll be rich beyond their wildest dreams!
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-08-11, 11:16

Hey Goose, are we old enough to remember when JFK spent the Cuban missile crisis golfing and making fun of senators. Yeah I remember that
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-08-11, 11:24

DWags wrote: Hey Goose, are we old enough to remember when JFK spent the Cuban missile crisis golfing and making fun of senators. Yeah I remember that

DWags, I was two and don't remember it and you're two years younger than me. North Korea: Preventative attack or learn to live with a nuclear north? - Page 3 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-08-11, 14:28

Floyd Robertson wrote:
DWags wrote: Hey Goose, are we old enough to remember when JFK spent the Cuban missile crisis golfing and making fun of senators. Yeah I remember that

DWags, I was two and don't remember it and you're two years younger than me. North Korea: Preventative attack or learn to live with a nuclear north? - Page 3 502811600

Hey, born in 1961, and Ive been told by my parents I was 20 yards from Kennedy once. But reading about it, I don't recall him golfing.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-08-11, 14:39

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Hey, born in 1961, and Ive been told by my parents I was 20 yards from Kennedy once.   But reading about it, I don't recall him golfing.

Yeah, I don't think he was golfing either. He had a bad back.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-08-11, 14:42

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Hey, born in 1961, and Ive been told by my parents I was 20 yards from Kennedy once.   But reading about it, I don't recall him golfing.

During the crisis?  Probably not.  But he liked to golf.

North Korea: Preventative attack or learn to live with a nuclear north? - Page 3 Jfk_1924143c
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-11, 15:00

Floyd Robertson wrote: Sandra McNeill‏ @SandMcNeill 2m2 minutes ago
As N Korea crisis ramps up, Joe's Army Navy seeing boom in sales of potassium iodide pills to fight radiation.
North Korea: Preventative attack or learn to live with a nuclear north? - Page 3 DG8W2pgXcAIhsaM

North Korea: Preventative attack or learn to live with a nuclear north? - Page 3 502811600

Same idiots that buy out grocery stores before a snow storm. Good to see the business for Joe's though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-11, 15:04

I just dumped my retirement into potassium iodide manufacturers. Good move?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-08-11, 15:52

I'm glad that Ivanka was sitting at the table when Trump just gave his speech.

Surely, she won't let him play Thermonuclear War on the WOPR.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-11, 16:01

She is Jennifer. Kushner is David. He justed wanted to play a game!
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-08-11, 17:07

"This man will not get away with what he is doing," Trump told reporters. "If he utters one threat in the form of an overt threat ... or if he does anything with respect to Guam, or any place else that is an American territory or an America ally, he will truly regret it and he will regret it fast."

Ummm...he already uttered a threat.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-12, 11:53

Despite Rhetoric On North Korea, U.S. Military Posture Hasn't Really Changed

Jonathan Pollack, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution specializing in Asia-Pacific security issues, says the U.S. day-to-day military capabilities in the western Pacific are "very imposing, very impressive."

Pollack says they are intended "to deter the North from any kind of potential actions. But if the North were to act, the U.S ... would have to deploy far more to the peninsula and the region as quickly as possible."

And he points to another sign that the U.S. is not moving toward war with North Korea: There have been no efforts to evacuate the at least 150,000 U.S. citizens living in South Korea.

"That would be the clearest indication that we were headed toward war," Pollack says. "And I don't think we are."

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/08/11/542799683/despite-rhetoric-on-north-korea-u-s-military-posture-hasnt-really-changed
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-08-12, 12:12

Turtleneck wrote:Despite Rhetoric On North Korea, U.S. Military Posture Hasn't Really Changed

Jonathan Pollack, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution specializing in Asia-Pacific security issues, says the U.S. day-to-day military capabilities in the western Pacific are "very imposing, very impressive."

Pollack says they are intended "to deter the North from any kind of potential actions. But if the North were to act, the U.S ... would have to deploy far more to the peninsula and the region as quickly as possible."

And he points to another sign that the U.S. is not moving toward war with North Korea: There have been no efforts to evacuate the at least 150,000 U.S. citizens living in South Korea.

"That would be the clearest indication that we were headed toward war," Pollack says. "And I don't think we are."

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/08/11/542799683/despite-rhetoric-on-north-korea-u-s-military-posture-hasnt-really-changed

Trumps base only needs rhetoric, they're trolls not political leaders or well thought out. Rhetoric is good enough.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-12, 12:31

I was just posting because, well, there is not much to be worried about right now. Kim does not want war, and despite statements that do not de-escalate, the U.S. is clearly not preparing to act.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-08-12, 13:39

Turtleneck wrote:I was just posting because, well, there is not much to be worried about right now. Kim does not want war, and despite statements that do not de-escalate, the U.S. is clearly not preparing to act.

What if he gets the missiles out and points them at Guam in a week?

Do we bomb the missile sites in advance, or knock them down in the air?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-08-12, 13:57

Turtleneck wrote:I was just posting because, well, there is not much to be worried about right now. Kim does not want war, and despite statements that do not de-escalate, the U.S. is clearly not preparing to act.

Understand. And I believe our pos president is using this high stakes dangerous rhetoric to help him with his base, that's it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-08-25, 19:40

Another week another missile launch into the sea of Japan. Friday evening just when Trump is going to be distracted by Hurricane Harvey.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-08-25, 19:56

Trump sure scared them.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-25, 20:01

Floyd Robertson wrote:Another week another missile launch into the sea of Japan. Friday evening just when Trump is going to be distracted by Hurricane Harvey.

Lol
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-25, 20:15

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Another week another missile launch into the sea of Japan. Friday evening just when Trump is going to be distracted by Hurricane Harvey.

Lol

Bump
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-08-25, 20:26

Someone should tell him Obama would've stared down a pussy named Harvey.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-08-25, 21:47

Can you imagine the Twitter gold that would have been delivered if this ass hat was president during Katrina?

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-08-26, 07:33

Was Bannon right (about there being no military option in North Korea) and that Trump was bluffing?

It got him fired.

Trump opened his yapper and they launched some more missiles.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-08-26, 08:23

N. Korea knew a major hurricane was bearing down on TX. Their mistake was thinking the storm would be Trump's priority Friday.

We have a President with the attention span of Ziggy the Squirrel crossing a busy street.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-08-28, 17:35

World News Tonight‏Verified account @ABCWorldNews 1m1 minute ago
BREAKING: North Korea fires missile that passed through airspace over Japan, Japanese public media reports.

Asshat regime.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-08-28, 17:50

1st hand account from Japan.

North Korea: Preventative attack or learn to live with a nuclear north? - Page 3 Matsu10
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-08-28, 18:05

When we have Ziggy the Squirrel as POTUS who follows shiney objects way too easily N. Korea knows when to play their games.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-08-28, 19:03

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-08-28, 21:29

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:What's with everyones interest in even surviving a nuclear holocaust? Fuck that. Let a bomb fall directly on me before I have to deal with living in that post apocalyptic world.

I have played multiple games in the Fallout series. After I finished kicking Floyd Mayweather's ass, I'd get to work rebuilding society and shit. I know just how to do it.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-08-28, 21:44

DWags wrote:Bump.

Trump on Tuesday:

"But, Kim Jong Un, I respect the fact that I believe he is starting to respect us," Trump said at the Tuesday rally. "I respect that fact very much. Respect that fact."

"And maybe, probably not, but maybe something positive can come about," Trump said.

"They won't tell you that," he added, referring to the media. "But maybe something positive can come about."

Kim Jong Un said:   North Korea: Preventative attack or learn to live with a nuclear north? - Page 3 1966794946

North Korea: Preventative attack or learn to live with a nuclear north? - Page 3 1f680North Korea: Preventative attack or learn to live with a nuclear north? - Page 3 1f680North Korea: Preventative attack or learn to live with a nuclear north? - Page 3 1f680

UPDATE:

And then he said:  North Korea: Preventative attack or learn to live with a nuclear north? - Page 3 1966794946

North Korea: Preventative attack or learn to live with a nuclear north? - Page 3 1f680  North Korea: Preventative attack or learn to live with a nuclear north? - Page 3 1f1ef-1f1f5
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-08-29, 00:29

The only thing worse than an learning disabled President (I don't think he reads much) is having an arrogant LD President who thinks he has all the answers.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-08-29, 07:15

I don't think that Fire and Fury threat worked.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-08-29, 08:56

NigelUno wrote:I don't think that Fire and Fury threat worked.

It's been replaced by "All options are on the table".
This time it wasn't delivered while a seated POTUS was rocking back and forth and hugging himself.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/08/28/politics/north-korea-launch-unidentified-projectile/index.html

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2017-08-29, 09:50; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-08-29, 09:42

I'm sure this admin is negotiating deals to get NK to stand down in exchange for exclusive rights to open Trump branded factories in NK.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-08-30, 13:53

NigelUno wrote:Was Bannon right (about there being no military option in North Korea) and that Trump was bluffing?

It got him fired.

Trump opened his yapper and they launched some more missiles.

Wasn't just Bannon that had that opinion. It pretty much is a stalemate.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-08-30, 14:01

Around 8:45 am today Trump tweeted "Talking is not the answer"

https://mobile.twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/902875515534626817

Less than 3 hours later Sec of Defense Mattis is telling reporters the US is never out of diplomatic solutions. Less than 24 hours after putting Trump's transgender ban on hold.

Go figure
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next