Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuck it- statues

+18
MiamiSpartan
Floyd Robertson
Dr. Strangelove
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
kingstonlake
WhiteBoyHatcher
InTenSity
Frank Ricard
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
tGreenWay
Cameron
Turtleneck
NigelUno
Travis of the Cosmos
22 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Fuck it- statues - Page 4 Empty Re: Fuck it- statues

Post by tGreenWay 2017-08-18, 22:44

If statues aren't a big deal, then let's put up a statue of Gen. Sherman in Atlanta.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-18, 22:45

tGreenWay wrote:If statues aren't a big deal, then let's put up a statue of Gen. Sherman in Atlanta.

Fuck it- statues - Page 4 502811600
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-08-18, 22:47

Turtleneck wrote:1) You are not going to get an apology. If you meant something else, you sure could have found a better way to say it. Can you explain what this means? Why do you specifically say "jeans" if clothing like skirts are acceptable?  

LooseGoose wrote:dress conservatively (Jeans and a top - not talking anything too radical)

2) We have been over this. The playing in traffic and running around the woods analogies are beyond terrible. They both imply A) the victim is at least partially responsible for being harmed, and B) when somebody is harmed it is the result of an accident. That is a perfectly reasonable interpretation of your own words.

3) I will says it again: it is not my fault you put together one of the most God awful analogies in the history of the Internet message boards. If you were trying to say something other than what I wrote above, maybe you should have typed something up that was not nearly as stupid. Nothing I have said is a lie. Nothing. It is only a lie to you because you do not like how others have interpreted your ridiculous post based on the words you chose and ideas you presented.

3) The Taney and Lincoln comparisons are absurd. You are either being disingenuous, or are just historically illiterate. What? Do you think nobody here has read either the Dred Scot decision or the Lincoln-Douglas debates? Think again. In Dred Scot, Taney said African American could never be citizens, and upheld the practice of slavery by preventing the federal government from banning slavery in the territories. Tell me, in the Lincoln quote you provide from the fourth debate, where did Lincoln discuss the need to uphold the institution of slavery? Where exactly in his debate with Douglas on that night in September of 1858 did he say that slavery was a necessary feature of American society, and that the federal government was in no position to end slavery? Taney and Lincoln did not hold similar positions on the slavery issue no matter how often you suggest otherwise.

Fuck it- statues - Page 4 Lakers_oh_snap
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-08-18, 23:03

tGreenWay wrote:If statues aren't a big deal, then let's put up a statue of Gen. Sherman in Atlanta.

Ok, that's fucking great.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-18, 23:06

DWags wrote:

Ok, that's fucking great.

Can you imagine the firestorm that would ignite?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-08-18, 23:13

LooseGoose wrote:

Not once does the word "skirt" appear in either of my "damning" quotes.   I won't wait for an apology for your lie since you're too arrogant to offer one.  

And BTW not once in there do I in any way blame women for rapes.   That's a fiction and you know it.  I don't apologize for any of that advice for people.   IF you want to dress as a deer and dance in the woods, have at it.

And I see everyone jumped right on the Columbus stuff......anyone ready to defend the destruction of the Taney statue yet?   How about closing the memorial to that racist Lincoln?   You know the guy - aka The Great Emancipator.....amazing how people can change their views, except in libby world.

I thought it was just removed.  Did it get melted down or something?

I'd hate to accuse you of lying.  Please advise.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-08-18, 23:16

That wouldn't go over well.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-08-18, 23:20

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

No.  Calling you stupid for lying about what I posted is fair game.  And you blatantly lied about what I offered the wager on.  

Where did I lie about what you posted?

I'll wait.  

Still waiting...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-08-18, 23:25

LooseGoose wrote:
Not once does the word "skirt" appear in either of my "damning" quotes.   I won't wait for an apology for your lie since you're too arrogant to offer one.  

And BTW not once in there do I in any way blame women for rapes.   That's a fiction and you know it.  I don't apologize for any of that advice for people.   IF you want to dress as a deer and dance in the woods, have at it.

And I see everyone jumped right on the Columbus stuff......anyone ready to defend the destruction of the Taney statue yet?   How about closing the memorial to that racist Lincoln?   You know the guy - aka The Great Emancipator.....amazing how people can change their views, except in libby world.

It is amazing.  

I never thought you would be goose stepping with the guy you called an "asshole" and a "buffoon", but here we are.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-19, 09:24

And it continues with Lincoln.....

Lincoln Statue Found Burned on Chicago's South Side: Alderman

Fuck it- statues - Page 4 Abraham_Lincoln_Chicago_c0-28-640-401_s885x516
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-19, 09:29

Turtleneck wrote:1) You are not going to get an apology. If you meant something else, you sure could have found a better way to say it. Can you explain what this means? Why do you specifically say "jeans" if clothing like skirts are acceptable?  .

As I said earlier, I didn't expect one even when you were proven to be distorting what I said. No surprise at all since in your mind it's impossible to be wrong. Your statement seems to imply that because I didn't mention every possible clothing combination that you were somehow correct is absurd.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-19, 09:31

Turtleneck wrote:2) We have been over this. The playing in traffic and running around the woods analogies are beyond terrible. They both imply A) the victim is at least partially responsible for being harmed, and B) when somebody is harmed it is the result of an accident. That is a perfectly reasonable interpretation of your own words.

No. It's a complete distortion of what I said by those that want to smear me. There can be no other motive for such a bullshit distortion.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-19, 09:33

Turtleneck wrote:3) The Taney and Lincoln comparisons are absurd. You are either being disingenuous, or are just historically illiterate. What? Do you think nobody here has read either the Dred Scot decision or the Lincoln-Douglas debates? Think again. In Dred Scot, Taney said African American could never be citizens, and upheld the practice of slavery by preventing the federal government from banning slavery in the territories. Tell me, in the Lincoln quote you provide from the fourth debate, where did Lincoln discuss the need to uphold the institution of slavery? Where exactly in his debate with Douglas on that night in September of 1858 did he say that slavery was a necessary feature of American society, and that the federal government was in no position to end slavery? Taney and Lincoln did not hold similar positions on the slavery issue no matter how often you suggest otherwise.

Nor were they traitors which was the criteria a couple days ago. Now both of them are getting the CSA treatment by leftists.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-19, 09:33

tGreenWay wrote:If women are contributing to their own rapes, maybe they shouldn't just dress conservatively, but maybe cover their faces, too.

Join the idiots. That's not what I said.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-19, 09:39

See you guys later - have fun amongst yourselves.

It's much more fun for you when you've achieved the purity of thought by all agreeing on everything.

Fuck it- statues - Page 4 3434560931 Fuck it- statues - Page 4 3434560931 Fuck it- statues - Page 4 3434560931 Fuck it- statues - Page 4 3434560931 Fuck it- statues - Page 4 3434560931 Fuck it- statues - Page 4 3434560931 Fuck it- statues - Page 4 3434560931 Fuck it- statues - Page 4 3434560931 Fuck it- statues - Page 4 3434560931

Please let me know when the first of you advises your teenage daughter to dress skimpily, get sloppy drunk, ditch her friends and sneak off somewhere alone with a guy(s) she doesn't know.

Until you tell me that's how you advise your daughters to act at a party you're all a steaming bunch of hypocrites for playing with what I said.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-08-19, 10:30

Another "conservative" poster retreats seeking a safe cocoon where everyone agrees all the time.

Most of us here realize when you engage in verbal sparring you're going to get counterpunches to the nose and if you lead with your chin you'll get some shots to your jaw.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-08-19, 11:10

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:1) You are not going to get an apology. If you meant something else, you sure could have found a better way to say it. Can you explain what this means? Why do you specifically say "jeans" if clothing like skirts are acceptable?  .

As I said earlier, I didn't expect one even when you were proven to be distorting what I said.  No surprise at all since in your mind it's impossible to be wrong.    Your statement seems to imply that because I didn't mention every possible clothing combination that you were somehow correct is absurd.

You specified jeans as being suitable attire in a past post, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that jeans would be in contrast with something like a skirt. If jeans are fine, and a skirt is fine, then what's not fine? You painted yourself into this corner, don't get mad at Turtleneck.

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:2) We have been over this. The playing in traffic and running around the woods analogies are beyond terrible. They both imply A) the victim is at least partially responsible for being harmed, and B) when somebody is harmed it is the result of an accident. That is a perfectly reasonable interpretation of your own words.

No.  It's a complete distortion of what I said by those that want to smear me.   There can be no other motive for such a bullshit distortion.

I can think of another motive: proving to you and people who think like you do about this matter that you are wrong. The deer analogy is terrible and stupid. If you dress up as a deer and play in a field where you know people are lawfully and actively hunting deer and you get shot, you have no legitimate grievance against the hunter. If you dress up as a deer and play in a field out of season and get shot by a poacher who was actively and knowingly engaged in unlawful behavior, you have a grievance against the poacher. Rapists are like poachers, they know that what they're doing is unlawful, so they shoulder all the blame for doing it. Sure, you wouldn't have gotten shot if you weren't out there dressed like that, but that in no way excuses the poacher's behavior or shifts any of the blame off of the poacher, so it's sort of stupid to bring up.

That's not to say that no victim anywhere has ever contributed to his or her own victimhood, that's simply me pointing out that one of your go-to analogies is fucking stupid and is something a stupid person would say and think they've won the argument.

LooseGoose wrote:See you guys later - have fun amongst yourselves.  

It's much more fun for you when you've achieved the purity of thought by all agreeing on everything.

Fuck it- statues - Page 4 3434560931  Fuck it- statues - Page 4 3434560931  Fuck it- statues - Page 4 3434560931  Fuck it- statues - Page 4 3434560931  Fuck it- statues - Page 4 3434560931  Fuck it- statues - Page 4 3434560931  Fuck it- statues - Page 4 3434560931  Fuck it- statues - Page 4 3434560931  Fuck it- statues - Page 4 3434560931

Please let me know when the first of you advises your teenage daughter to dress skimpily, get sloppy drunk, ditch her friends and sneak off somewhere alone with a guy(s) she doesn't know.

Until you tell me that's how you advise your daughters to act at a party you're all a steaming bunch of hypocrites for playing with what I said.

No. That's asinine, Goose. There are plenty of reasons aside from "avoid being a rape victim" to advise one's teenage daughter not to do those things. I don't even have kids and I see through that one. Try harder.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-08-19, 11:48

Fuck it- statues - Page 4 3434560931 Fuck it- statues - Page 4 3434560931 Fuck it- statues - Page 4 3434560931 Fuck it- statues - Page 4 3434560931 Fuck it- statues - Page 4 3434560931 Fuck it- statues - Page 4 3434560931 Fuck it- statues - Page 4 3434560931 Fuck it- statues - Page 4 3434560931 Fuck it- statues - Page 4 3434560931

Not all rapes occur with people that don't "know" each other.

And your inference that teenage girls are sneaking off with a bunch of guys they don't know isn't blaming the teenage girl and/or the parents (in this hypothetical scenario)?

You are something else. You find an incredible way to place blame on victims.

It's kind of sad actually.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-08-19, 11:53

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:3) The Taney and Lincoln comparisons are absurd. You are either being disingenuous, or are just historically illiterate. What? Do you think nobody here has read either the Dred Scot decision or the Lincoln-Douglas debates? Think again. In Dred Scot, Taney said African American could never be citizens, and upheld the practice of slavery by preventing the federal government from banning slavery in the territories. Tell me, in the Lincoln quote you provide from the fourth debate, where did Lincoln discuss the need to uphold the institution of slavery? Where exactly in his debate with Douglas on that night in September of 1858 did he say that slavery was a necessary feature of American society, and that the federal government was in no position to end slavery? Taney and Lincoln did not hold similar positions on the slavery issue no matter how often you suggest otherwise.

Nor were they traitors which was the criteria a couple days ago. Now both of them are getting the CSA treatment by leftists.

How do you know who damaged the Lincoln statue?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-08-19, 12:11

So Trump's biggest cheerleader here is taking his keyboard and going where people agree with his views much more often and don't take exception to the use of the most extreme examples to make what some in the conservative community call common sense solutions.

And so it goes.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-08-19, 12:12

I don't understand something here. Who exactly is the offended party here? The decision makers who decide to take a statue down because they think it's the right thing to do? Or the white supremacists who show up with tiki torches to protest the removal of those statues?

I really don't give a fuck about statues to be honest. I do care about denouncing Nazis and white supremacists.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-08-19, 12:17

That's as insulting to a parent as I can imagine. Just an angry post. Let's say one of our daughters does have a mini skirt on and drinks too much at a bar some night. Are you saying if she gets raped that's partly her fault? Help me understand.

Now, if you or any guy you've known has never got dressed up nice to go to a bar and maybe had too much to drink, then cast that first stone. But if you have, it's not your fault if you get or got assaulted. So, help me out here, you're not suggesting a girl shouldn't ever do what we've done a million times are you?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-19, 12:20

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I am going to say it was vandals who normally do not participate in, or pay attention to, politics.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-08-19, 16:22

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't understand something here. Who exactly is the offended party here? The decision makers who decide to take a statue down because they think it's the right thing to do? Or the white supremacists who show up with tiki torches to protest the removal of those statues?

I really don't give a fuck about statues to be honest. I do care about denouncing Nazis and white supremacists.

Whining about statues is a deflection.

Trump did it.

Goose followed suit.

What happened in Virginia wasn't an educational discussion about the value of a statue, it was an excuse for Nazis to light tiki torches and preach hate. Period.

A woman paid the price with her life.

Baltimore decided to remove statues before it happened in their town.

So...the analogy is Baltimore made the decision that their daughters wouldn't wear skimpy outfits, get drunk, and wander off with guys they didn't know.

I'm sure Goose would agree that was a wise move.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-08-19, 17:55

I'm still lmao at those fools with their Lowe's bought tiki torches. If I were on my computer right now I would post 3 :: rolling laughing:: guys.

I have two tiki torches in my garage. My 7 year old really wanted to have a tiki party. Do you think he and I should light them and march to 7-11 to get Slurpees?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-19, 17:58

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm still lmao at those fools with their Lowe's bought tiki torches. If I were on my computer right now I would post 3 :: rolling laughing:: guys.

I have two tiki torches in my garage. My 7 year old really wanted to have a tiki party. Do you think he and I should light them and march to 7-11 to get Slurpees?

No. I do not think that is a good idea, WBH.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-08-19, 18:41

Turtleneck wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I am going to say it was vandals who normally do not participate in, or pay attention to, politics.

Yup, dumb kids doing stupid stuff or -- very possibly -- more Trump/Republican Dirty Tricks.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-20, 12:24

Warning- breitbart

For those of you that don't want to click- apparently some bill Clinton accusers want a statue of bill Clinton in South Dakota taken down. The article frames it as "the lefts protests of confederate monuments has backfired!"

Can you imagine living in a world where you think anyone would actually give a shit if they took down a statue of bill Clinton?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-08-20, 12:36

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Warning- breitbart

For those of you that don't want to click- apparently some bill Clinton accusers want a statue of bill Clinton in South Dakota taken down. The article frames it as "the lefts protests of confederate monuments has backfired!"

Can you imagine living in a world where you think anyone would actually give a shit if they took down a statue of bill Clinton?

I wasn't aware were any statues of President Clinton. If there was one I would expect it to be in Hope Arkansas or Little Rock but South Dakota?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-20, 12:38

GRR Spartan wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Warning- breitbart

I wasn't aware were any statues of President Clinton. If there was one I would expect it to be in Hope Arkansas or Little Rock but South Dakota?

I mean it's breitbart so I wouldn't put it past em to have just made it up entirely.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-08-20, 16:13

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

I mean it's breitbart so I wouldn't put it past em to have just made it up entirely.

Fuck it- statues - Page 4 502811600 They probably paid to have the statue made and then put up, then texted some of the accusers. Goose was right! When will it stop?!?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-20, 16:22

I heard somebody covered the Perles statue on campus in BBQ sauce.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-08-20, 16:33

Turtleneck wrote:I heard somebody covered the Perles statue on campus in BBQ sauce.

Fuck it- statues - Page 4 3434560931
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-27, 10:41

Someone better tell MSU that the SwillBin denizens think they're blaming the victim by giving them good advice. Go tear'em up you Tigers of Justice......if you can knock down a few statues on the way all the better!!!

Fuck it- statues - Page 4 UxapeMt

LooseGoose wrote:
Now fully prepared for the "quit blaming the victim you heartless son of a bitch" posts.
Want to reduce rapes?  

Tell the women to:
       reduce or stop drinking.  
       stay with friends
       dress conservatively (Jeans and a top - not talking anything too radical)

If just those things happened I'd bet actual rapes would decrease by 90% or more.   I doubt that a sexual predator is looking for a reasonably sober woman in a group of people that's fully dressed.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-08-27, 10:46

LooseGoose wrote:Someone better tell MSU that the SwillBin denizens think they're blaming the victim by giving them good advice. Go tear'em up you Tigers of Justice......if you can knock down a few statues on the way all the better!!!

LooseGoose wrote:
Now fully prepared for the "quit blaming the victim you heartless son of a bitch" posts.
Want to reduce rapes?  

Tell the women to:
       reduce or stop drinking.  
       stay with friends

If just those things happened I'd bet actual rapes would decrease by 90% or more.   I doubt that a sexual predator is looking for a reasonably sober woman in a group of people that's fully dressed.

Feel free to point out how wrong I am, but I don't think anyone was objecting much to the "stay with friends" bit of your advice. It was the other aspects, mostly clothing-related, which the image you shared mentions nothing about.

It's also pertinent to note that nothing in that image you shared mentioned these as ways of avoiding being sexually assaulted. I'd argue that it's as much or more advice for avoiding being mugged/robbed than it is anything to do with sexual assault/rape.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-08-27, 11:34

LooseGoose wrote:Someone better tell MSU that the SwillBin denizens think they're blaming the victim by giving them good advice. Go tear'em up you Tigers of Justice......if you can knock down a few statues on the way all the better!!!

LooseGoose wrote:
Want to reduce rapes?  

Tell the women to:
       reduce or stop drinking.  
       stay with friends

So weird. They didn't use the 'dress like a deer in the woods' analogy.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-27, 11:56

Cameron wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Someone better tell MSU that the SwillBin denizens think they're blaming the victim by giving them good advice.  Go tear'em up you Tigers of Justice......if you can knock down a few statues on the way all the better!!!

"Now fully prepared for the "quit blaming the victim you heartless son of a bitch" posts.
Want to reduce rapes?  

Tell the women to:
       reduce or stop drinking.  
       stay with friends

Feel free to point out how wrong I am, but I don't think anyone was objecting much to the "stay with friends" bit of your advice. It was the other aspects, mostly clothing-related, which the image you shared mentions nothing about.

It's also pertinent to note that nothing in that image you shared mentioned these as ways of avoiding being sexually assaulted. I'd argue that it's as much or more advice for avoiding being mugged/robbed than it is anything to do with sexual assault/rape.

You missed part 1 of this 2-3 years ago - every aspect was ridiculed.

And the "clothing-related" aspect you refer to is now highlighted.   So you're in agreement that "dress conservatively (Jeans and a top - not talking anything too radical)" is offensive, wild eyed, knuckledragging, blame the victim type advice?    

My wager is that about 70-80% of America would disagree with you - perhaps higher among those with daughters/granddaughters.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-27, 11:57

NigelUno wrote:

Please dress like that and walk in the woods up here on 11/15 to prove me wrong you dolt.....otherwise stfu.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-08-27, 12:44

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Please dress like that and walk in the woods up here on 11/15 to prove me wrong you dolt.....otherwise stfu.

You do realize by using that analogy (and applying it to how women dress), that you are blaming victims, right?

Just an FYI...I don't honestly expect you to answer that question.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-08-27, 14:44

Anyone who blames a woman's assault on her choice of wardrobe is desparately wanting to turn back the clock to the 1890's or earlier where men were men and women knew their place.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next