Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuck it- statues

+18
MiamiSpartan
Floyd Robertson
Dr. Strangelove
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
kingstonlake
WhiteBoyHatcher
InTenSity
Frank Ricard
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
tGreenWay
Cameron
Turtleneck
NigelUno
Travis of the Cosmos
22 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Fuck it- statues - Page 5 Empty Re: Fuck it- statues

Post by NigelUno 2017-08-27, 16:02

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Nor were they traitors which was the criteria a couple days ago.   Now both of them are getting the CSA treatment by leftists.

How do you know who damaged the Lincoln statue?

Goose? I think you missed this question. Thanks in advance for your reply.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-08-27, 16:19

The Leftist tag being tossed around by another self proclaimed uber patriot.

Didn't you know anyone who disagrees with LooseGoose or Donald Trump is a leftist and somehow a less than American?

Its a favorite tag of those favoring authoritarian government.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-08-27, 16:42

LooseGoose wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Feel free to point out how wrong I am, but I don't think anyone was objecting much to the "stay with friends" bit of your advice. It was the other aspects, mostly clothing-related, which the image you shared mentions nothing about.

It's also pertinent to note that nothing in that image you shared mentioned these as ways of avoiding being sexually assaulted. I'd argue that it's as much or more advice for avoiding being mugged/robbed than it is anything to do with sexual assault/rape.

You missed part 1 of this 2-3 years ago - every aspect was ridiculed.

And the "clothing-related" aspect you refer to is now highlighted.   So you're in agreement that "dress conservatively (Jeans and a top - not talking anything too radical)" is offensive, wild eyed, knuckledragging, blame the victim type advice?    

My wager is that about 70-80% of America would disagree with you - perhaps higher among those with daughters/granddaughters.

I don't think I'd go so far as to call it wild eyed or knuckle dragging. Offensive is in the eye of the beholder, but I'm not personally offended by that. Blame-the-victim type advice, though? Yeah, that sounds about right. "If she'd have been wearing jeans instead, maybe that wouldn't have happened to her." Yeah, that sounds like blaming the victim to my ears. Maybe you can rephrase it in a way that isn't.

We don't have sharia law in this country. (And I know you're not advocating codifying your advice, but I'm speaking more as a matter of culture than as a matter of law.) The onus is not on women to cover themselves or otherwise dress in such a way as to not cause lust in men. The onus is on men to control themselves. As a man, I'm completely fine with that dynamic. I'd like to think most of us are capable of not raping, but then I've always been something of an optimist like that...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-27, 17:09

Tell me again how the statue thing was going to end with those traitorous CSA Generals, mock me a bit more for being so stupid?

Now we're into Revolutionary war heroes in Ohio....I'm sure you'll all justify it as you do for all the violence and destruction from your leftist pals.

Colonel Crawford statue outside Crawford County courthouse decapitated

BUCYRUS - The statue of Colonel William Crawford outside the Crawford County Courthouse has been decapitated, county employees confirmed Friday. Its head is missing.

Located in a niche on the left side of the Mansfield Street doors of the courthouse, the statue depicts Colonel William Crawford, for whom Crawford County is named.

Crawford was a soldier and leader in the French and Indian and Revolutionary wars and was killed by Native Americans 79 years before the start of the Civil War.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-27, 17:10

GRR Spartan wrote:Anyone who blames a woman's assault on her choice of wardrobe is desparately wanting to turn back the clock to the 1890's or earlier where men were men and women knew their place.

Right so try reading what I wrote. I know it's much easier for you to embark on another of your addled rants though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-27, 17:14

Cameron wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

You missed part 1 of this 2-3 years ago - every aspect was ridiculed.

And the "clothing-related" aspect you refer to is now highlighted.   So you're in agreement that "dress conservatively (Jeans and a top - not talking anything too radical)" is offensive, wild eyed, knuckledragging, blame the victim type advice?    

My wager is that about 70-80% of America would disagree with you - perhaps higher among those with daughters/granddaughters.

I don't think I'd go so far as to call it wild eyed or knuckle dragging. Offensive is in the eye of the beholder, but I'm not personally offended by that. Blame-the-victim type advice, though? Yeah, that sounds about right. "If she'd have been wearing jeans instead, maybe that wouldn't have happened to her." Yeah, that sounds like blaming the victim to my ears. Maybe you can rephrase it in a way that isn't.

We don't have sharia law in this country. (And I know you're not advocating codifying your advice, but I'm speaking more as a matter of culture than as a matter of law.) The onus is not on women to cover themselves or otherwise dress in such a way as to not cause lust in men. The onus is on men to control themselves. As a man, I'm completely fine with that dynamic. I'd like to think most of us are capable of not raping, but then I've always been something of an optimist like that...

Mentioning "jeans and a top" in the same sentence with Sharia law is absurd. I understand you feel the need to placate the mob here though.

And the onus us on parents to give good advice. Just as the University is giving good advice.....and no one wants to go after them.
even though if what I said is victim blaming so is what they said. OR is staying in groups and not going off alone so muc different from what I said?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-27, 17:15

NigelUno wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

How do you know who damaged the Lincoln statue?

Actually I ignored it like I do 90% of the drivel from you and GRR.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-27, 17:29

LEFFFFTTTTTIIIIISSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTSSSSSSS!!!!

Fuck it- statues - Page 5 The_telltale_head_by_juniorgustabo-d2ahgdd
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-08-27, 19:20

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

You said leftists damaged the Lincoln statue.

How do you know this?

Unless you can substantiate your claim, it seems as if the drivel is coming from you.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-08-27, 19:59

Goose shows up here expecting to be taken seriously after bombing the board with jackoff emoticons, telling folks to fuck off and calling them assholes.

Anytime some "I'm more of a patriot then you"poster shows up callng people leftists they can't be taken seriously unless you figure they favor the kind of government Trump envisions.

Just what Goose does here on a regular basis.  

Posting crap from fringe websites and spouting off against FAKE NEWS.  Isolate yourself in a small community and its all "leftists".fault for everything you find distasteful.

Bullshit.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-27, 20:31

GRR Spartan wrote:Goose shows up here expecting to be taken seriously after bombing the board with jackoff emoticons, telling folks to fuck off and calling them assholes.

Anytime some "I'm more of a patriot then you"poster shows up callng people leftists they can't be taken seriously unless you figure they favor the kind of government Trump envisions.

Just what Goose does here on a regular basis.  

Posting crap from fringe websites and spouting off against FAKE NEWS.  Isolate yourself in a small community and its all "leftists".fault for everything you find distasteful.

Bullshit.

Fuck it- statues - Page 5 8443459966_d31aef5d41_z
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-08-28, 00:29

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

How do you know this?

Unless you can substantiate your claim, it seems as if the drivel is coming from you.

Goose and Breitbart are often what they claim to despise. Just say it. And then say it again. And say it again.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-08-28, 01:24

Why is Goose always the victim?

Come back with both guns blazing and expect everyone to cower? Most of us here aren't like the wuss in The White House you support.

No jerkoff emoticon bombs Goose? No expletives?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-08-28, 05:23

Damn right wing extremist.

http://www.abc12.com/content/news/Sitdown-memorial-vandalized-at-UAW-Region-1D-441911953.html
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-08-28, 07:49

LooseGoose wrote:Tell me again how the statue thing was going to end with those traitorous CSA Generals, mock me a bit more for being so stupid?

Now we're into Revolutionary war heroes in Ohio....I'm sure you'll all justify it as you do for all the violence and destruction from your leftist pals.

Colonel Crawford statue outside Crawford County courthouse decapitated

BUCYRUS - The statue of Colonel William Crawford outside the Crawford County Courthouse has been decapitated, county employees confirmed Friday. Its head is missing.

Located in a niche on the left side of the Mansfield Street doors of the courthouse, the statue depicts Colonel William Crawford, for whom Crawford County is named.

Crawford was a soldier and leader in the French and Indian and Revolutionary wars and was killed by Native Americans 79 years before the start of the Civil War.

I don't think I've seen you shown much disdain for the guys with the tiki torches. Remember them? And what they were chanting? And the woman who was killed?

And what some of them said after the woman was killed?

It would be awesome if you had 1/10 of the awareness of that as you do for your deflection/dodge statue rants.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-18, 10:53

Fuck it- statues - Page 5 Shameoscar-456x600
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-18, 10:55

LooseGoose wrote:Fuck it- statues - Page 5 Shameoscar-456x600
talk to me Goose!! Fuck it- statues - Page 5 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-10-18, 10:57

I love a good drive by meme someone found on a viral Facebook page. It says a lot Fuck it- statues - Page 5 502811600

Actually, it’s not funny because it kind of represents how stupid this country is right now.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-18, 10:59

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I love a good drive by meme someone found on a viral Facebook page. It says a lot Fuck it- statues - Page 5 502811600
Fuck it- statues - Page 5 502811600

isn't it funny how republicans hold some movie star to a higher standard than their president? Fuck it- statues - Page 5 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-26, 15:25

Teddy Roosevelt attacked at Museum of Natural History
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-10-26, 15:30

Someone's been reading Drudge today. It was probably some alt-right loony.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-26, 16:51

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

How do you know this?  

Any update on this?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-10-26, 18:00

Always question the Sage from Mio and still getting under his skin.

Fans of authoritarian leaders hate anyone who dares disagrees with their values.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-28, 11:10

Remind me again how this was going to end with Confederates from the Civil War..........

George Washington’s church to tear down memorial honoring first president

George Washington was one of the founding members of Christ Church in Alexandria, buying pew No. 5 when the church first opened in 1773, and attending for more than two decades.
This week the church announced it was pulling down a memorial to its one-time vestryman and the country’s first president, saying he and another famous parishioner, Robert E. Lee, have become too controversial and are chasing away would-be parishioners.
While acknowledging “friction” over the decision, the church’s leadership said the twin memorials, which are attached to the wall on either side of the altar, are relics of another era and have no business in a church that proclaims its motto as “All are welcome — no exceptions.”
“The plaques in our sanctuary make some in our presence feel unsafe or unwelcome. Some visitors and guests who worship with us choose not to return because they receive an unintended message from the prominent presence of the plaques,” the church leaders said.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-28, 14:03

LooseGoose wrote:Remind me again how this was going to end with Confederates from the Civil War..........

George Washington’s church to tear down memorial honoring first president

George Washington was one of the founding members of Christ Church in Alexandria, buying pew No. 5 when the church first opened in 1773, and attending for more than two decades.
This week the church announced it was pulling down a memorial to its one-time vestryman and the country’s first president, saying he and another famous parishioner, Robert E. Lee, have become too controversial and are chasing away would-be parishioners.
While acknowledging “friction” over the decision, the church’s leadership said the twin memorials, which are attached to the wall on either side of the altar, are relics of another era and have no business in a church that proclaims its motto as “All are welcome — no exceptions.”
“The plaques in our sanctuary make some in our presence feel unsafe or unwelcome. Some visitors and guests who worship with us choose not to return because they receive an unintended message from the prominent presence of the plaques,” the church leaders said.

Remind me again why you care more about statues than white supremacists killing someone.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-29, 13:28

No answer including the other thread about the thing but whatever. Cool. Cool cool.

Where are we all at on this example of not preserving our heritage? Apparently the fraternal order of police sent a letter to president big boy complaining about memorializing a militant anti American group which apparently rebels of the union do not qualify as. What’s the difference here?

Spoiler alert they’re black people
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-01, 18:02

George Washington should be next - slave holder, killed Native Americans. Get him off the money and his name off DC and other places.

First it was Confederate monuments. Now statues offensive to Native Americans are poised to topple across the U.S.

Over the decades, this quiet coastal hamlet has earned a reputation as one of the most liberal places in the nation. Arcata was the first U.S. city to ban the sale of genetically modified foods, the first to elect a majority Green Party city council and one of the first to tacitly allow marijuana farming before pot was legal.

Now it's on the verge of another first.

No other city has taken down a monument to a president for his misdeeds. But Arcata is poised to do just that. The target is an 8½-foot bronze likeness of William McKinley, who was president at the turn of the last century and stands accused of directing the slaughter of Native peoples in the U.S. and abroad.

"Put a rope around its neck and pull it down," Chris Peters shouted at a recent rally held at the statue, which has adorned the central square for more than a century.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-04-01, 18:35

Goose?  Have you ever read about soe of the slaughters of Native Americans?  Just curious.   You've read a ton of sstuff, Im sure you've read about eh genocides and shit.  Pretty grusome reading.  I don't know how I'd feel.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-13, 23:49

DWags wrote:Goose?  Have you ever read about soe of the slaughters of Native Americans?  Just curious.   You've read a ton of sstuff, Im sure you've read about eh genocides and shit.  Pretty grusome reading.  I don't know how I'd feel.

Yep but it's a little late to reverse all that. When the current native Americans took the country they displaced someone else.

I've read the most on the Iroquois and Shawnee though the Cherokee were damned interesting. They tried to fit into white society and got screwed anyway.

In the meantime I recall with fondness the scoffing when I mentioned Washington and Jefferson being next. Here's some more truth for my friends or as Travis calls it when it irritates him "propaganda"

Thomas Jefferson Statue Branded With ‘Racist + Rapist’ On His Birthday
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-04-14, 00:59

*links to tucker Carlson’s website on the reg*

*says he doesn’t watch Fox News or believe propo*
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-04-14, 08:18

LooseGoose wrote:
I think it's a great idea.   Tear them all down.  Clean them out of the Capitol.  Erase Stone Mountain.  Erase Mount Rushmore.   Tear down the Stalin Statue in Seattle.   Close the Jefferson Memorial, not only a slave owner but a serial rapist.  Close the Washington Monument.   Tear both of them down.   Get rid of All Andrew Jackson stuff, he was a racist and a slave owner.  Then we need to start with the founding Fathers and explorers, most of them cheated and mistreated Native Americans.   We need to cleanse our history of these people.   There is no line to draw since the party on the wrong side of the line will be wronged.   I'm completely onboard with this sanitation.....I wish it had started long ago.

Fuck it- statues - Page 5 1362440668
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-04-14, 09:08

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:Goose?  Have you ever read about soe of the slaughters of Native Americans?  Just curious.   You've read a ton of sstuff, Im sure you've read about eh genocides and shit.  Pretty grusome reading.  I don't know how I'd feel.

Yep but it's a little late to reverse all that.  When the current native Americans took the country they displaced someone else.  

I've read the most on the Iroquois and Shawnee though the Cherokee were damned interesting.  They tried to fit into white society and got screwed anyway.  

In the meantime I recall with fondness the scoffing when I mentioned Washington and Jefferson being next.   Here's some more truth for my friends or as Travis calls it when it irritates him "propaganda"

So, when are they taking it down?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-04-14, 10:32

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Yep but it's a little late to reverse all that.  When the current native Americans took the country they displaced someone else.  

I've read the most on the Iroquois and Shawnee though the Cherokee were damned interesting.  They tried to fit into white society and got screwed anyway.  

In the meantime I recall with fondness the scoffing when I mentioned Washington and Jefferson being next.   Here's some more truth for my friends or as Travis calls it when it irritates him "propaganda"

So, when are they taking it down?

Are you scoffing?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-04-14, 11:02

I didn't give a crap about statues either way a few months ago. Moved to SC and visited a few monuments and statues. I honestly don't think they should be torn down. It's history. When visiting the sites I "felt" history was being displayed not racism or anything else. I completely understand people's feelings of historical value to these sites. I thought they were very interesting.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-04-14, 11:28

LooseGoose wrote:Fuck it- statues - Page 5 Shameoscar-456x600

So does this one.

Fuck it- statues - Page 5 Land-g10
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-14, 12:34

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:*links to tucker Carlson’s website on the reg*

Because he reads a website he must watch TeeVee.

And you tell me how stupid I am.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-14, 12:37

And notably once again Travis doesn't dispute the truth of the article, just that he doesn't care for the source.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-04-14, 12:39

LooseGoose wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:*links to tucker Carlson’s website on the reg*

Because he reads a website he must watch TeeVee.

And you tell me how stupid I am.
It’s the same fuckin guy you idiot. You understand that right or no
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-04-14, 12:40

LooseGoose wrote:And notably once again Travis doesn't dispute the truth of the article, just that he doesn't care for the source.
Oh I didn’t read it goose. It’s not worth my or anyone else’s time to give credence to your slurping up of Fox News personalities
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-04-14, 12:48

LooseGoose wrote:And notably once again Travis doesn't dispute the truth of the article, just that he doesn't care for the source.

Was the statue taken down?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next