Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT

+29
Nordic
WhiteBoyHatcher
goodbar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
SawGreen
Wally Fairway
I.B. Fine
DWags
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
Da Mayor
NigelUno
MiamiSpartan
Floyd Robertson
Clarett's Folly
Code_Warrior
Death Roe
Watch Out Pylon!
NWSpartan
kingstonlake
InTenSity
Senior Dickfist
Jake from State Farm
Motown Spartan
Cameron
aualum06
Dr. Strangelove
MattyFresh
33 posters

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 7 Empty Re: AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-02-08, 20:25

steveschneider wrote:I'm getting sick of twitter but I have to give serious props to David Harns. Dude does some great work.

Other than that I think twitter is just a hangout for people addicted to their phone screens. It's a lot of garbage.
Twitter is what you make of it. I mostly use it for news. I have one account where I just follow a couple of MSU writers, but I never really use that because I get all my news from tSwill.

I have another account that I use for following soccer (yeah, yeah, soccer sucks), where I just follow a couple news feeds, writers for my favorite team, and some podcasters that do podcasts about the team. But I will say this, a couple of weeks ago Twitter reconnected me with a buddy that I had lost touch with and hadn't seen in 18 years. He happens to use his real name as his Twitter handle and one of the team's writers that I follow retweeted a post of his.

I try not to read the responses to people that I follow on there. That's where I see the dark side of twitter, and have to stop myself.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 7 Empty Re: AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT

Post by SawGreen 2018-02-08, 21:01

That Evans interview is about as good as it can get. It makes me proud of our coach.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-02-08, 21:18

I loved how Evans took ownership for his shit, and he laid it all on himself when he didn't have to. I mean it would be super easy for him to shit on CMD and MSU but he didn't and I respect the hell out of that.

Last edited by MattyFresh on 2018-02-08, 21:56; edited 1 time in total
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-08, 21:55

SawGreen wrote:That Evans interview is about as good as it can get. It makes me proud of our coach.

Kids make mistakes, but their character always comes through.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-09, 00:12

That Evans interview AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 7 502811600 EPIC
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-02-09, 08:19

Insight on Nassar from a parent. What a fucked up situation all around.

https://www.indystar.com/story/opinion/readers/2018/02/08/larry-nassar-victim-mom-abuse-testimony-letter/319425002/
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-09, 08:39

SawGreen wrote:Insight on Nassar from a parent. What a fucked up situation all around.

https://www.indystar.com/story/opinion/readers/2018/02/08/larry-nassar-victim-mom-abuse-testimony-letter/319425002/

Every person that mouths off about MSU ignoring this guy should read that letter. It illustrates exactly what made him so hard to detect. It also show how very different it was from Sandusky molesting little boys in the showers, in this case someone could be right there watching him and not know what they were seeing.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-09, 08:44

SawGreen wrote:Insight on Nassar from a parent. What a fucked up situation all around.

This story should be brought up to any dipshit who says MSU = PSU. This fucker was making it all look like a regular procedure. Still doesn't make it right that no one did a thorough investigation, but you can at least see why this is harder to spot than anything Sandusky did.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-02-09, 08:47

LooseGoose wrote:

Every person that mouths off about MSU ignoring this guy should read that letter. It illustrates exactly what made him so hard to detect. It also show how very different it was from Sandusky molesting little boys in the showers, in this case someone could be right there watching him and not know what they were seeing.

And the fact that the procedure had obvious medical benefits.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-02-09, 10:01

Bob Davie has been suspended 30 days pending an investigation into charges that he interfered with a rape allegation against one of his players.

I'm going to go ahead and guess that the chick had morning-after buyer's remorse.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.com/college-football/2018/02/08/new-mexico-bob-davie-suspension-investigation
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-02-09, 12:05

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

This story should be brought up to any dipshit who says MSU = PSU. This fucker was making it all look like a regular procedure. Still doesn't make it right that no one did a thorough investigation, but you can at least see why this is harder to spot than anything Sandusky did.
Yup, as I've often posted when people play the PSU card about this, is that there is absolutely NOTHING in the job description of an assistant football coach, and there is absolutely NOTHING in any football coaching manual, that involves any remotely legitimate coaching procedure in which the coach is naked in the shower alone with boys.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-12, 21:57

Former EL City Atty David Meyers shooting further holes in the OTL report. Think this will show up on national Twitter?

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2018/02/12/attorney-travis-waltons-plea-agreement-consistent-michigans-other-college-towns/331816002/
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-13, 05:41

gHost Spartan wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Former EL City Atty David Meyers shooting further holes in the OTL report. Think this will show up on national Twitter?

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2018/02/12/attorney-travis-waltons-plea-agreement-consistent-michigans-other-college-towns/331816002/

I think that others are starting to notice but the #MeToo movement has everyone scared shitless. No one wants to go on record at all. One bad tweet can ruin someone in this climate.

I think there’s starting to be a metoo back lash though. There’s a lot of McCarthyists in that mob and I think that rational people are starting to call out the bs.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-13, 08:03

steveschneider wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:

I think that others are starting to notice but the #MeToo movement has everyone scared shitless. No one wants to go on record at all. One bad tweet can ruin someone in this climate.

I think there’s starting to be a metoo back lash though. There’s a lot of McCarthyists in that mob and I think that rational people are starting to call out the bs.

That's true of any mob, especially those that scoff at due process.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-13, 08:36

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

That's true of any mob, especially those that scoff at due process.

And can’t accept that there’s different degrees to offenses.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-13, 09:55

gHost Spartan wrote:I gotta give Meyers props for the way he's handling this situation. Reading his open letters you can tell the guy is unraveling and it's really hitting him hard. Look carefully at his writing - I think he would have been better served hiring a PR firm like Walton did. He's a little overly passionate and it's pretty obvious. I'd be the same way so I don't blame the guy at all - and imagine your former employer for the past 10 years won't come out and release a statement on your behalf? Holy shit. Guy must be going through hell, which makes Lying Lavigne's conduct even more reprehensible. She apparently seeks some kind of vindication for those she believes were wronged, but has no problem destroying other people's lives. She's a colossal piece of shit.

Do you think he'll file a law suit? Winning a defamation or libel case is so difficult.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-13, 14:46

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-02-13, 14:50

You should all be receiving a letter from Engler updating the situation. Very well done, wish it could have been out a few days ago.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-02-13, 14:51

Update from MSU President John Engler

To the MSU campus community:
On this second day of my second week as interim president, I think it is important to address several matters many of you have raised with me.
Everyone knows the Nassar case is an international story. As he begins serving his sentence in a federal prison in Arizona, we are all still struggling to comprehend the extent of the damage he inflicted on so many girls and young women, and on their families.
Questions about how this could have happened and what must be done to prevent it from ever happening again are the subject of multiple inquiries. At the federal level, the U.S. Department of Education is conducting a Clery program review, the U.S. Senate has requested information, and the U.S. House of Representatives has two inquiries underway. The NCAA also is seeking information from us. In Michigan, the House of Representatives is requesting production of documents and the Attorney General’s Office, at MSU’s request, is conducting an investigation.
Add to these an accreditation agency inquiry and an ongoing blizzard of Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests, and the volume of compliance deadlines Michigan State University faces is daunting. Last week alone, we turned over data equivalent to some 45,000 pages of documents, emails, and other materials to William Forsyth, the independent special counsel who is heading the investigation for the Attorney General’s Office.
MSU is committed to cooperating with all official requests, and I’m grateful for the cooperation that faculty and staff have given the General Counsel’s office and the law firms that are assisting the university.
While the investigations are ongoing, activity in lawsuits representing well over 100 survivors continues to move forward. I’m following the progress closely as we work to return to mediation and, I fervently hope, a just resolution that helps the survivors bring some closure to this horrific chapter in their lives. Michigan State, too, needs to heal and to emerge a stronger institution, one where safety, respect, and civility are hallmarks.
That is not a new expectation. The University Policy on Relationship Violence & Sexual Misconduct states from the outset: “Michigan State University is committed to maintaining a learning and working environment for all students, faculty, and staff that is fair, humane, and responsible—an environment that supports career and educational advancement on the basis of job and academic performance…. Relationship violence, stalking, and sexual misconduct are not tolerated at Michigan State University.”
It is a privilege to call ourselves Spartans, one that carries a responsibility to adhere to standards of behavior, on campus and off, that should be well understood by all.
We know from Title IX reports that a large proportion of our sexual assaults happen on campus, that all too often those involved are familiar with each other, and that alcohol consumption is often involved. We can do better with our campus relationship climate, and I’ll continue reaching out to people and groups in the days ahead for advice and suggestions that can move us toward the kind of campus we all want to be associated with.
Finally, I viewed with great concern a recent ESPN report that gathered considerable national attention in no small part because it showed a promotional graphic of our head football and men’s basketball coaches with Larry Nassar. This was a sensationalized package of reporting that contained allegations and insinuations that we are now reviewing. The coaches were asked to refrain from comment while the reports were examined. That has been a burden that must be lifted. I hope that MSU can soon respond in full and affirm the integrity and probity that has been the hallmark of these two respected coaches.
It isn’t easy to live under a microscope. I’m proud of how so many members of the Spartan community have expressed concern for the survivors in so many ways. I’m pleased—but frankly not surprised—by the willingness of so many to commence the hard work of making real change in order to achieve an environment that truly is fair, humane, and responsible. To that I would add safe and civil.
I’m fully aware that there is a lot of work to do and not much time to do it. I appreciate your support as we together address the urgent tasks in front of us. Because this is how Spartans show their will.

Sincerely,

John Engler
President

I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-13, 15:12

I just have one thing to say to Izzo and Dantonio as they get the muzzle taken off:

DILLY DILLY!  
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-02-13, 15:15

DWags wrote:I just have one thing to say to Izzo and Dantonio as they get the muzzle taken off:

DILLY DILLY!  
Engler explains their silence and succinctly flips the bird at ESPN
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-13, 15:18

I.B. Fine wrote:Update from MSU President John Engler

On this second day of my second week as interim president, I think it is important to address several matters many of you have raised with me.
Everyone knows the Nassar case is an international story. As he begins serving his sentence in a federal prison in Arizona, we are all still struggling to comprehend the extent of the damage he inflicted on so many girls and young women, and on their families.
Questions about how this could have happened and what must be done to prevent it from ever happening again are the subject of multiple inquiries. At the federal level, the U.S. Department of Education is conducting a Clery program review, the U.S. Senate has requested information, and the U.S. House of Representatives has two inquiries underway. The NCAA also is seeking information from us. In Michigan, the House of Representatives is requesting production of documents and the Attorney General’s Office, at MSU’s request, is conducting an investigation.
Add to these an accreditation agency inquiry and an ongoing blizzard of Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests, and the volume of compliance deadlines Michigan State University faces is daunting. Last week alone, we turned over data equivalent to some 45,000 pages of documents, emails, and other materials to William Forsyth, the independent special counsel who is heading the investigation for the Attorney General’s Office.
MSU is committed to cooperating with all official requests, and I’m grateful for the cooperation that faculty and staff have given the General Counsel’s office and the law firms that are assisting the university.
While the investigations are ongoing, activity in lawsuits representing well over 100 survivors continues to move forward. I’m following the progress closely as we work to return to mediation and, I fervently hope, a just resolution that helps the survivors bring some closure to this horrific chapter in their lives. Michigan State, too, needs to heal and to emerge a stronger institution, one where safety, respect, and civility are hallmarks.
That is not a new expectation. The University Policy on Relationship Violence & Sexual Misconduct states from the outset: “Michigan State University is committed to maintaining a learning and working environment for all students, faculty, and staff that is fair, humane, and responsible—an environment that supports career and educational advancement on the basis of job and academic performance…. Relationship violence, stalking, and sexual misconduct are not tolerated at Michigan State University.”
It is a privilege to call ourselves Spartans, one that carries a responsibility to adhere to standards of behavior, on campus and off, that should be well understood by all.
We know from Title IX reports that a large proportion of our sexual assaults happen on campus, that all too often those involved are familiar with each other, and that alcohol consumption is often involved. We can do better with our campus relationship climate, and I’ll continue reaching out to people and groups in the days ahead for advice and suggestions that can move us toward the kind of campus we all want to be associated with.
Finally, I viewed with great concern a recent ESPN report that gathered considerable national attention in no small part because it showed a promotional graphic of our head football and men’s basketball coaches with Larry Nassar. This was a sensationalized package of reporting that contained allegations and insinuations that we are now reviewing. The coaches were asked to refrain from comment while the reports were examined. That has been a burden that must be lifted. I hope that MSU can soon respond in full and affirm the integrity and probity that has been the hallmark of these two respected coaches.
It isn’t easy to live under a microscope. I’m proud of how so many members of the Spartan community have expressed concern for the survivors in so many ways. I’m pleased—but frankly not surprised—by the willingness of so many to commence the hard work of making real change in order to achieve an environment that truly is fair, humane, and responsible. To that I would add safe and civil.
I’m fully aware that there is a lot of work to do and not much time to do it. I appreciate your support as we together address the urgent tasks in front of us. Because this is how Spartans show their will.

Sincerely,

John Engler
President

Fuck. Yes.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-13, 15:19

Anybody notice that Engler took the "interim" off his signature AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 7 1550444538

Last edited by Floyd Robertson on 2018-02-13, 15:22; edited 1 time in total
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-13, 15:20

I don't like to curse, but heck yeah.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-13, 15:22

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I don't like to curse, but heck yeah.

Fuckin' A Bob. Fuckin' A.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-02-13, 15:30

I.B. Fine wrote:
DWags wrote:I just have one thing to say to Izzo and Dantonio as they get the muzzle taken off:

DILLY DILLY!  
Engler explains their silence and succinctly flips the bird at ESPN

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 7 1486952199 AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 7 1486952199
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-13, 15:30

I don't mean to make light of the rest of Engler's letter. It's all very good stuff. I highlighted what I did as it pertains to this thread.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-13, 15:34

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Sincerely,

John Engler
President

Fuck. Yes.

I think all of you guys know at this point I'm a Dem, couldn't stand Engler as Gov. I have to say so far he's done just about everything right as the interim president. To that I say thank you, and you've made this Spartan proud.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2018-02-13, 15:35

Sincerely,

John Engler
President

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 7 Engler10
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-13, 15:39

goodbar wrote:

Sincerely,

John Engler
President

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 7 Engler10

+1
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-13, 15:40

Oh god someone actually said dilly dilly on the swill

Respect for Engler tho
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-13, 15:43

steveschneider wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Fuck. Yes.

I think all of you guys know at this point I'm a Dem, couldn't stand Engler as Gov. I have to say so far he's done just about everything right as the interim president. To that I say thank you, and you've made this Spartan proud.
Engler was brought in for two reasons: damage control and to make sure the money still keeps flowing from the GOP-controlled capitol. Hopefully all of the folks clutching their pearls at his interim position will relax.

it won't happen, of course, but one can hope. At the very least, this sort of statement makes them look sillier than they already do.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-13, 15:58

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2018/02/13/michigan-state-faculty-trustees/110372828/

Meanwhile the faculty senate is considering a vote of no confidence in the BoT over the hiring of Engler. You can give them that vote over a lot of things but hiring Engler was obviously not one of them. No
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-02-13, 16:01

Why is the BoT still there?
I would hope the faculty senate gets their heads out of their asses and realizes this is not the time to play petty politics, but I ain't holding my breath.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-13, 16:06

http://podcast.radio.com/audio/the-valenti-show/

Feb 13
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-02-13, 16:10

The coaches were asked to refrain from comment while the reports were examined.

And yet it's a safe bet that Izzo is still going to be asked a dozen times tonight about all of this.

And probably specifically asked about Engler's letter. "Tom! Tom! What do you have to say about John Engler's letter stating that you and Coach Dantonio were asked to refrain from comment?"
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-02-13, 16:14

I.B. Fine wrote:Why is the BoT still there?
I would hope the faculty senate gets their heads out of their asses and realizes this is not the time to play petty politics, but I ain't holding my breath.
They're showing that they care more about politics from 15+ years ago than they care about the University. I mean, is there a single complaint about anything that Engler has done since taking on this role?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-13, 16:20

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:http://podcast.radio.com/audio/the-valenti-show/

Feb 13

Good stuff, Mike.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-02-13, 16:24

MiamiSpartan wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:Why is the BoT still there?
They're showing that they care more about politics from 15+ years ago than they care about the University. I mean, is there a single complaint about anything that Engler has done since taking on this role?
He has testicles.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-13, 16:33

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:http://podcast.radio.com/audio/the-valenti-show/

Feb 13

mike has been on fire today. Great stuff.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next