Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT

+29
Nordic
WhiteBoyHatcher
goodbar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
SawGreen
Wally Fairway
I.B. Fine
DWags
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
Da Mayor
NigelUno
MiamiSpartan
Floyd Robertson
Clarett's Folly
Code_Warrior
Death Roe
Watch Out Pylon!
NWSpartan
kingstonlake
InTenSity
Senior Dickfist
Jake from State Farm
Motown Spartan
Cameron
aualum06
Dr. Strangelove
MattyFresh
33 posters

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 11 Empty Re: AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:51 am

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
You look to ESPN to be a trusted source of sporting news? Yeah, right.

That's stooping to some Paula Levigne level lying right there.

I have in the past and I wish they would be a trusted source in the future so it is a half truth. But yeah, I did some butt kissing in my note to not look like a total angry Uber Spartan fan. Gotta be a little bit diplomatic.
I figured. Just giving you a hard time. For them, or any third party reading it, it's gives a nice little guilt trip. "I trust you, and you disappointed me" kind of thing.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 11 Empty Re: AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT

Post by Guest Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:25 pm

David Harns @DavidHarns 10m10 minutes ago
More
Brock Washington is a 2017 graduate from Southfield Christian. He chose to walk on at Michigan State and is currently studying business. I reached out to a friend of Brock’s and asked him to describe Brock for those of us unfamiliar with him. Here is what he had to say:

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 11 DWK6oOzWAAA1mlV

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 11 DWK6efuXUAAL8kH
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:51 pm

Valenti will be discussing at 2pm.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:09 pm

David Harns @DavidHarns 9m9 minutes ago
More
ESPN's editorial conversation:

Editor: Will the sources go on the record?
Reporter: No.

E: Where is the police report?
R: Don't have it.

E: Where's the OIE report?
R: Don't have it.

E: No charges have been filed yet?
R: Correct.

*silence*

E: Go for it.
R: Already published.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:39 pm

Dear MSU Faculty,

This is why Engler was hired. He knows how to handle this.

Matt Wenzel
✔️
@mwenzel2
Engler took a few shots at the media today. This one was not so subtle.
"If a reporter has an agenda, and we’ve got one who does, you can cherry pick your facts to write a fanciful tale and leave an impression, even if you read carefully, nothing is ever really said."

1:18 PM - Feb 16, 2018
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:48 pm

Nordic wrote:Dear MSU Faculty,

Matt Wenzel
✔️
@mwenzel2
"If a reporter has an agenda, and we’ve got one who does, you can cherry pick your facts to write a fanciful tale and leave an impression, even if you read carefully, nothing is ever really said."

Bam.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:50 pm

Matt Wenzel
✔️
@mwenzel2

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 11 3434560931
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:59 pm

Matt Wenzel
✔️
@mwenzel2

Way to fire back! MSU is refusing to cower to ESPN.

As Valenti has said regarding Engler's letter (and I'm sure with regard to this statement, as well), there is NO WAY that Engler sticks his neck out on this stuff unless he is EXTREMELY confident in the truth of his statements.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:01 pm

I gotta admit, I was never that big of a Valenti fan before all of this shit hit the fan, but he's been the strongest voice out there that is standing up for Izzo/Dantonio. Sounds like he's ready to blow Levinge's shit up again today.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:02 pm

Engler is putting ESPN on notice that they better check themselves and their reporter.

If I were the Washington family I'd be lawyering up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:12 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote: there is NO WAY that Engler sticks his neck out on this stuff unless he is EXTREMELY confident in the truth of his statements.

This, just for emphasis.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:24 pm

Wags posted this elsewhere - but her book needs reviewing....
https://www.amazon.com/Violated-Exposing-University-College-Footballs/dp/1478974087/

....and ESPN's got other trouble today.
https://deadspin.com/source-espn-com-altered-a-headline-and-buried-stories-1823014722
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:37 pm

Forget the Coaches - put her and Valenti in a room to hash this out.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:42 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Wags posted this elsewhere - but her book needs reviewing....
https://www.amazon.com/Violated-Exposing-University-College-Footballs/dp/1478974087/

Can I just go ahead and call you PineTreesNSand?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:45 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Wags posted this elsewhere - but her book needs reviewing....

....and ESPN's got other trouble today.
https://deadspin.com/source-espn-com-altered-a-headline-and-buried-stories-1823014722
If this is true, and they will bow to the pressure of advertisers to bury stories, and change headlines, then one has to wonder if they would allow themselves to be pressured by certain high profile, big name brand, universities to go after another university in their conference with a smaller brand name who keeps upsetting their party? ESPN does make a lot of money off their access to those brand name schools, and their success helps ESPN's numbers.

Hey, I'm just asking the question. I think ESPN needs to be transparent on these matters.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:49 pm

Valenti is crushing Lavigne.

"Mark my words, Paula Lavigne is getting sued."
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:50 pm

Their depravity knows no bounds

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 11 Screen27
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:01 pm

Valenti has been owning it on this topic and his big question today of why no one else will speak out with a bigger platform is a good one. A bigger voice would get ESPN to bend.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:02 pm

unrelated but still important.. is Paula related to Avril?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:05 pm

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:17 pm

MattyFresh wrote:Their depravity knows no bounds

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 11 Screen27

Hey! Tyrion is mostly a good guy.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:34 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:I never really spent time listening to Valenti but I have to admit the guy is pretty damn good on the radio. I am actually quite impressed with him.
I’m the same. I gotta say I only really care about this topic though. The other shit doesn’t do it for me.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:55 pm

steveschneider wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:I never really spent time listening to Valenti but I have to admit the guy is pretty damn good on the radio. I am actually quite impressed with him.
I’m the same. I gotta say I only really care about this topic though. The other shit doesn’t do it for me.

Don't be a one trick pony my friend.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:57 pm

steveschneider wrote:Valenti has been owning it on this topic and his big question today of why no one else will speak out with a bigger platform is a good one. A bigger voice would get ESPN to bend.
They're scared. ESPN, despite some decline, is still far and away the giant among sports media in this country. And if that's not enough, they're owned by the biggest entertainment company.

If you're a national guy, or have ambition to be a national guy, it's a risky career move to take on ESPN, even if you work for someone else. And the biggest risk is what if ESPN is right, or has something that they haven't revealed. It doesn't look like it, but there may not be many willing to stake their careers on that fact.

If, however, it becomes clear to everyone that ESPN was full of shit, and that ESPN even pretty much drops it (even if they don't apologize), then I'll think you'll see some more people smelling ESPN blood and start going after them.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:00 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Don't be a one trick pony my friend.

I’m just not a fan of sports radio. The topics and discussion is pretty shallow and there’s too many ads to hold my attention.

I like the ESPN topic because he has a good understanding of PR, journalism and how organizations function. I think it’s a fascinating take and he’s the only one doing it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:03 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Valenti has been owning it on this topic and his big question today of why no one else will speak out with a bigger platform is a good one. A bigger voice would get ESPN to bend.
They're scared. ESPN, despite some decline, is still far and away the giant among sports media in this country. And if that's not enough, they're owned by the biggest entertainment company.

If you're a national guy, or have ambition to be a national guy, it's a risky career move to take on ESPN, even if you work for someone else. And the biggest risk is what if ESPN is right, or has something that they haven't revealed. It doesn't look like it, but there may not be many willing to stake their careers on that fact.

If, however, it becomes clear to everyone that ESPN was full of shit, and that ESPN even pretty much drops it (even if they don't apologize), then I'll think you'll see some more people smelling ESPN blood and start going after them.

Yeah, I guess anyone is ever going to get rich in that business ESPN is their best bet. Another thought, I just don’t think journalists call out each other that often. I rarely see it happen.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:04 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:

ESPN's actions today are nothing more than doubling-down on irresponsible journalism because the ship is a sieve and they literally can not bail fast enough.

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 11 Szn10
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:22 pm

Engler.

"A reporter can take something that's leaked, put her spin on it, and run with it, especially from a news media that's frankly struggling. That's a great way to be sensationalistic."

"If a reporter has an agenda, and we've got one who does," Engler said, "you can cherry pick your facts to write a fanciful tale and leave an impression, even if you read carefully, nothing is ever really said."

“The sad thing is, I think we should, probably as a Michigan State community, apologize to this young man and his family who has been named without, at least in that report, any evidence of any wrongdoing," Engler said. "There was a report of allegations, but let's say, at the end of the day, there's nothing there. Where does he go? A lot of people now have read this and (could say) 'What went on with you?' His name should not have been public because ... the investigation might still be going on.”
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:34 pm

DWags wrote:Engler.

"A reporter can take something that's leaked, put her spin on it, and run with it, especially from a news media that's frankly struggling. That's a great way to be sensationalistic."

"If a reporter has an agenda, and we've got one who does," Engler said, "you can cherry pick your facts to write a fanciful tale and leave an impression, even if you read carefully, nothing is ever really said."

“The sad thing is, I think we should, probably as a Michigan State community, apologize to this young man and his family who has been named without, at least in that report, any evidence of any wrongdoing," Engler said. "There was a report of allegations, but let's say, at the end of the day, there's nothing there. Where does he go? A lot of people now have read this and (could say) 'What went on with you?' His name should not have been public because ... the investigation might still be going on.”
Good statement, but to be honest, mentioning that they're struggling reminds me of Trump when talking about CNN or the NYT. There's so much stuff to challenge them on, stick to that.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:38 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Good statement, but to be honest, mentioning that they're struggling reminds me of Trump when talking about CNN or the NYT. There's so much stuff to challenge them on, stick to that.

Agree. This is basically two organizations having a feud in public.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:50 pm

I agree with you guys but at some point you need to start swinging back. Is this the time? Probably as good as any.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:04 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Yep.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:07 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:

I could take it or leave it. The truth is their losing large numbers, and it's not out of the realm of possibility that it is a motivating factor for some sensationalized reporting. Either way, it's out there now.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:19 pm

DWags wrote:I agree with you guys but at some point you need to start swinging back. Is this the time? Probably as good as any.
I love the swinging back, just not the comment about their struggling numbers...and the ONLY reason I don't like that is because it's a tactic Trump uses, and I don't people to think that Engler is just screaming Fake News. I'm probably overthinking it. It's one line, and the rest of the comments are outstanding regardless.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:29 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
DWags wrote:I agree with you guys but at some point you need to start swinging back. Is this the time? Probably as good as any.
I love the swinging back, just not the comment about their struggling numbers...and the ONLY reason I don't like that is because it's a tactic Trump uses, and I don't people to think that Engler is just screaming Fake News. I'm probably overthinking it. It's one line, and the rest of the comments are outstanding regardless.

Engler doesn't have Trump's reputation so I don't think people link the two.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:50 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:

the difference is, Engler is correct. ESPN is struggling.

The organizations the sexual predator whines and lies about are spiking in viewership and subscriptions.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:51 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
the difference is, Engler is correct. ESPN is struggling.

The organizations the sexual predator whines and lies about are spiking in viewership and subscriptions.

This, Bobs right.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:47 am

Mike Sullivan Verified account @MikeSullivan 39m39 minutes ago
More
I’ve spoken privately to a couple different employees at ESPN who told me they have an issue with how their company has reported on Michigan State. Of course they do not speak for everybody in Bristol. But they think the reporting has been opportunistic.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:37 am

Lead item on Texts from Last Night - ESPN is a cock block too.

(541):
We were fucking in the bedroom then we heard Sports center on in the living room. He stopped midfuck when I started celebrating that my team won over his
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:15 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Lead item on Texts from Last Night - ESPN is a cock block too.

(541):
We were fucking in the bedroom then we heard Sports center on in the living room. He stopped midfuck when I started celebrating that my team won over his

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 11 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next