Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT

+29
Nordic
WhiteBoyHatcher
goodbar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
SawGreen
Wally Fairway
I.B. Fine
DWags
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
Da Mayor
NigelUno
MiamiSpartan
Floyd Robertson
Clarett's Folly
Code_Warrior
Death Roe
Watch Out Pylon!
NWSpartan
kingstonlake
InTenSity
Senior Dickfist
Jake from State Farm
Motown Spartan
Cameron
aualum06
Dr. Strangelove
MattyFresh
33 posters

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 2 Empty Re: AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT

Post by MattyFresh 2018-01-27, 18:35

and that wasn't really Joe Bachie, someone just changed their display name to it
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 2 Empty Re: AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-27, 19:49

Here are my thoughts, before I start drinking.

1. 7 alleged sexual assaults between MBB and FB in 11 years is too many, whether it lines up percentage wise with the general student population or not. Tough subject, but we must do better all around. I don't know what the answer is. Campus leaders, including Izzo and Dantonio have to do better.
2. It is really starting to appear that this is indeed a big old "nothing burger". The only difference between the 2015 OTL report and yesterday's OTL report is that ESPN had the details of the cases in which charges were not brought. The fact remains, charges were not brought. You really do have to wonder if ESPN was motivated by something more than clicks.
3. We do not know how Dantonio (and Izzo) handled discipline in these cases. It appears that when made aware, at least some of the football players were kicked off of the team, despite not being charged. I read more reports today about the Payne/Appling situation. PAYNE DID NOT ADMIT TO RAPE. Bullshit. I saw this being floated around yesterday. He said she could have left whenever she wanted to, he stopped when she said stop, and Appling talked her into starting again. He said she didn't say stop again and if he had, he would have helped her. Multiple people (3) in the ICPO decided it was not a crime. I'm not sure Izzo SHOULD have done anything at all.
4. The Walton stuff - who knows. News to all of us I think. Hard to kill Izzo over it when we don't know what happened. If there were indeed 2 other players who were accused of a rape with Walton, that is concerning. But we don't know shit, and neither does ESPN it would appear.
5. Let's see what the investigation turns up. If it turns up more evidence that Izzo and Dantonio influenced the PD or ICPO or participated in extensive cover ups, then they should be fired.
6. It sounds like our Title IX office is a bunch of incompetent buffoons who may have tried to cover things up, or may have just been trying to protect students privacy. But "losing stuff" in re: to Nassar has me leaning towards the former.
7. If nothing more comes out about FB/MBB....realize that while not justified, our reputation is ruined to the average college sports fan. No one will care if Dantonio and Izzo are vindicated, because the mob only wants heads to roll in the moment, and then they move on. MSU will forever be associated in those circles with Baylor and PSU. Might as well accept this now. And we're going to take another hit tomorrow when ESPN airs the entire piece. Be prepared, and just hope that they weren't withholding information in their online piece, which I doubt they were.
8. Outrage on this is going to fade quickly, to Strangelove's point. With no new info, national focus is going to shift to the Super Bowl and the State of the Union. There is going to be so much outrage from the mob come the State of the Union there won't be any left for MSU. Patience, things will settle down.

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 2 44bb5320-824b-415c-96e4-08aa0d5732c3_text_hi
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-27, 20:06

I admire your passion for justice and defending libel or your profession or whatever gHost. I do. I can tell you I don't have the energy, motivation or time to devote much more to it than reading stuff online and message board postings. I'm pretty good at that stuff though so let me know if I can help.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-01-27, 20:12

CHRISTINA AGUAYO

@TinaAguayoTV
7h7 hours ago
More
Tom Izzo & Mark Dantonio Pinned As Fall Guys In Michigan State Scandal: Media Really To Blame https://www.platinumsportsmediagroup.com/single-post/2018/01/27/Tom-Izzo-Mark-Dantonio-Pinned-As-Fall-Guys-In-Michigan-State-Scandal-Media-Really-To-Blame … #TomIzzo #MarkDantonio #MichiganState
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-27, 20:14

Do we know who started the rumors yesterday about Izzo and Dantonio resigning? Just wondering.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-27, 20:15

Re: matty's article: I read that. I didn't think it was very good. There were facts missing.

Someone said it earlier - I suspect a better journalist will take this cause up at some point next week and do a better job with research and facts.

Pylon: Barstool MSU's twitter account
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-27, 20:29

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Re: matty's article: I read that. I didn't think it was very good. There were facts missing.

Someone said it earlier - I suspect a better journalist will take this cause up at some point next week and do a better job with research and facts.

And now it's deleted. Fucking cowards. Has anyone asked the question about where they got this info?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-27, 20:30

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Re: matty's article: I read that. I didn't think it was very good. There were facts missing.

And now it's deleted. Fucking cowards. Has anyone asked the question about where they got this info?

They made it up. At that moment in time it was plausible. If it happened they could claim "first". It's how things work anymore.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-01-27, 21:55

As an MSU alum, I'm using my voice to say that I'm deeply troubled by the handling of Title IX investigations by my alma mater over the past decade plus. I don't care how other universities handle this shit, whether the rate of sexual assaults is in line with that of the general population, etc. I want MSU to be a shining example of moral authority. I want anyone who looked the other way or swept anything under the rug gone. I want anyone who did the bare minimum as required by law and nothing more gone. I want people in positions of power whom I'm proud to have represent me. I am willing to wait for all the facts to come out, but I am concurrently insistent that all the facts do come out. I will not accept obscurantism, I will not accept obfuscation. I don't care if it is done for the purposes of maintaining grants, funding, recruiting, or what ever else, I want to know the truth, and I want to know the whole truth. As an alumnus and a taxpayer, I firmly believe that I am owed that much.

I love Izzo and Dantonio for the joys they have brought me as a fan. And I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that they have acted in good faith as decent human beings. But I am taking a wait and see approach. There are (at least) two sides to every story, and so far we've mostly only gotten one side. If the other side of the story is not compelling, then changes need to be made, consequences (to the university and the success of the athletic department) be damned. Because right now, this shit is not looking good, and I'm not particularly proud to call myself a Spartan.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-27, 22:09

Cameron wrote:As an MSU alum, I'm using my voice to say that I'm deeply troubled by the handling of Title IX investigations by my alma mater over the past decade plus. I don't care how other universities handle this shit, whether the rate of sexual assaults is in line with that of the general population, etc. I want MSU to be a shining example of moral authority. I want anyone who looked the other way or swept anything under the rug gone. I want anyone who did the bare minimum as required by law and nothing more gone. I want people in positions of power whom I'm proud to have represent me. I am willing to wait for all the facts to come out, but I am concurrently insistent that all the facts do come out. I will not accept obscurantism, I will not accept obfuscation. I don't care if it is done for the purposes of maintaining grants, funding, recruiting, or what ever else, I want to know the truth, and I want to know the whole truth. As an alumnus and a taxpayer, I firmly believe that I am owed that much.

I love Izzo and Dantonio for the joys they have brought me as a fan. And I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that they have acted in good faith as decent human beings. But I am taking a wait and see approach. There are (at least) two sides to every story, and so far we've mostly only gotten one side. If the other side of the story is not compelling, then changes need to be made, consequences (to the university and the success of the athletic department) be damned. Because right now, this shit is not looking good, and I'm not particularly proud to call myself a Spartan.

Spot on.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-01-27, 22:16

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:As an MSU alum, I'm using my voice to say that I'm deeply troubled by the handling of Title IX investigations by my alma mater over the past decade plus. I don't care how other universities handle this shit, whether the rate of sexual assaults is in line with that of the general population, etc. I want MSU to be a shining example of moral authority. I want anyone who looked the other way or swept anything under the rug gone. I want anyone who did the bare minimum as required by law and nothing more gone. I want people in positions of power whom I'm proud to have represent me. I am willing to wait for all the facts to come out, but I am concurrently insistent that all the facts do come out. I will not accept obscurantism, I will not accept obfuscation. I don't care if it is done for the purposes of maintaining grants, funding, recruiting, or what ever else, I want to know the truth, and I want to know the whole truth. As an alumnus and a taxpayer, I firmly believe that I am owed that much.

Spot on.

Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-27, 22:28

Can, with the exception of Walton, we pretty much know Izzo Dantonio’s side of the story. Baring any earth shattering revelation.

The Nassar stuff, there isn’t a Spartan alive that doesn’t want justice.

ESPN is tying them together. Some people think that’s not fair.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-01-27, 22:38

DWags wrote:Can, with the exception of Walton, we pretty much know Izzo Dantonio’s side of the story. Baring any earth shattering revelation.

It might not be fair. I don't really care about "fair" at the moment. The Appling/Payne rape accusation bothered me for a while, then I kind of forgot about it. The fact that they were apparently never penalized at all doesn't sit well with me, considering everything else that has gone on. It may not be fair to reconsider how I feel about that incident in light of the Nassar stuff, but I'm doing it anyway, and so are many others. The revelation that Walton and two other basketball players were accused of sexual assault is new to me, and quite disturbing.

In regards to Dantonio and the football program, I'm not okay with the idea that a football player who was credibly accused of rape was merely made to tell his mother why he was kicked off the team. If you think an accusation is credible enough to kick a guy off the team, then the accusation is also credible enough to report to the police. As I said before, I'm willing to wait for all the facts to come out. But I want all the facts to come out. I don't think the university as a whole has earned the benefit of the doubt in regards to sexual assault allegations and Title IX stuff (which is sad). I want every detail made public to the fullest extent allowable under the law.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-27, 22:42

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Spot on.

These are dark times and I call for a very temporary armistice to our feud until this dies down. Spartan nation needs to come together. Trust me I’ll go back to standing up to your contemptible bs when the time is right but for now we need to stay united and have each others backs.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-01-27, 22:46

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:

These are dark times and I call for a very temporary armistice to our feud until this dies down. Spartan nation needs to come together. Trust me I’ll go back to standing up to your contemptible bs when the time is right but for now we need to stay united and have each others backs.

That's cute, steve, but you don't get to call an armistice. I'm the one who hates and berates you, you don't get to invoke circumstances to stem that tide.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-01-27, 22:51

gHost Spartan wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Here are my thoughts, before I start drinking.

1. 7 alleged sexual assaults between MBB and FB in 11 years is too many, whether it lines up percentage wise with the general student population or not. Tough subject, but we must do better all around. I don't know what the answer is. Campus leaders, including Izzo and Dantonio have to do better.
2. It is really starting to appear that this is indeed a big old "nothing burger". The only difference between the 2015 OTL report and yesterday's OTL report is that ESPN had the details of the cases in which charges were not brought. The fact remains, charges were not brought. You really do have to wonder if ESPN was motivated by something more than clicks.
3. We do not know how Dantonio (and Izzo) handled discipline in these cases. It appears that when made aware, at least some of the football players were kicked off of the team, despite not being charged. I read more reports today about the Payne/Appling situation. PAYNE DID NOT ADMIT TO RAPE. Bullshit. I saw this being floated around yesterday. He said she could have left whenever she wanted to, he stopped when she said stop, and Appling talked her into starting again. He said she didn't say stop again and if he had, he would have helped her. Multiple people (3) in the ICPO decided it was not a crime. I'm not sure Izzo SHOULD have done anything at all.
4. The Walton stuff - who knows. News to all of us I think. Hard to kill Izzo over it when we don't know what happened. If there were indeed 2 other players who were accused of a rape with Walton, that is concerning. But we don't know shit, and neither does ESPN it would appear.
5. Let's see what the investigation turns up. If it turns up more evidence that Izzo and Dantonio influenced the PD or ICPO or participated in extensive cover ups, then they should be fired.
6. It sounds like our Title IX office is a bunch of incompetent buffoons who may have tried to cover things up, or may have just been trying to protect students privacy. But "losing stuff" in re: to Nassar has me leaning towards the former.
7. If nothing more comes out about FB/MBB....realize that while not justified, our reputation is ruined to the average college sports fan. No one will care if Dantonio and Izzo are vindicated, because the mob only wants heads to roll in the moment, and then they move on. MSU will forever be associated in those circles with Baylor and PSU. Might as well accept this now. And we're going to take another hit tomorrow when ESPN airs the entire piece. Be prepared, and just hope that they weren't withholding information in their online piece, which I doubt they were.
8. Outrage on this is going to fade quickly, to Strangelove's point. With no new info, national focus is going to shift to the Super Bowl and the State of the Union. There is going to be so much outrage from the mob come the State of the Union there won't be any left for MSU. Patience, things will settle down.

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 2 44bb5320-824b-415c-96e4-08aa0d5732c3_text_hi

Nice summary, WBH -

I agree that this made fade in time but I still think that we need to act. MSU may not have the leadership or balls to act, but why can't a group of us create a timeline, list all the players, analyze the documents, and go after ESPN? I'll fucking drive up there myself and interview the OTL reporters and grill them on inconsistencies and get their statements. Fuck this -

IF we are wrong then we are wrong, goodbye MSU athletics. But I don't think Coach D would stand up like he did last night and tell the world he did nothing wrong.

You're going to sue ESPN?

That's your idea?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-27, 22:59

Cameron wrote:
DWags wrote:Can, with the exception of Walton, we pretty much know Izzo Dantonio’s side of the story. Baring any earth shattering revelation.

It might not be fair. I don't really care about "fair" at the moment. The Appling/Payne rape accusation bothered me for a while, then I kind of forgot about it. The fact that they were apparently never penalized at all doesn't sit well with me, considering everything else that has gone on. It may not be fair to reconsider how I feel about that incident in light of the Nassar stuff, but I'm doing it anyway, and so are many others. The revelation that Walton and two other basketball players were accused of sexual assault is new to me, and quite disturbing.

In regards to Dantonio and the football program, I'm not okay with the idea that a football player who was credibly accused of rape was merely made to tell his mother why he was kicked off the team. If you think an accusation is credible enough to kick a guy off the team, then the accusation is also credible enough to report to the police. As I said before, I'm willing to wait for all the facts to come out. But I want all the facts to come out. I don't think the university as a whole has earned the benefit of the doubt in regards to sexual assault allegations and Title IX stuff (which is sad). I want every detail made public to the fullest extent allowable under the law.

Cameron, did you read the police report again on Appling/Payne case? The one with quotes from AP?

Also....I'm too lazy to link back to it and find it. Are you sure that the "tell your mom what you did" case was one of the "rape" allegations? I don't recall them being tied the 3-4x that I read it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2018-01-27, 23:05

ESPN needs to be called out for their hypocrisy for publishing their body issue in 2017 featuring Ezekiel Elliot. Fuck them.http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/body/espn-body-issue-2017
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-01-27, 23:06

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Cameron, did you read the police report again on Appling/Payne case? The one with quotes from AP?

Also....I'm too lazy to link back to it and find it. Are you sure that the "tell your mom what you did" case was one of the "rape" allegations? I don't recall them being tied the 3-4x that I read it.

RE: Appling/Payne - My recollections are that one claimed to have stopped when she said stop, the other didn't talk to police.

The other, perhaps it wasn't "rape," I'm too inebriated to recall clearly. But I think it was some variety of sexual assault, for which the police ought to be involved. Just telling your mom doesn't seem like enough to me.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-27, 23:18

I'm so guilty of this, too.....but isn't this kind of the problem???

"My recollections"

I don't "recall clearly"

Yet here you are, like me and every other swinging dick before us, making bold demands/proclamations/statements on the internet.

This is how and where moral outrage starts. This is why MSU's reputation is ruined from a CFB/MBB standpoint for the foreseeable future. I read an insinuation without a ton of facts behind it, I'm jumping to conclusions, and I have a voice. And I'm not going to bother with actual facts or worry about follow up information, I'm just going to spout off. And then that shit is going to go viral.

Fuck man, we're doomed as a society. This is not an attack on you at all Cameron.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2018-01-27, 23:30

https://www.si.com/tech-media/2017/12/15/adrienne-lawrence-john-buccigross-text-messages-espn-sexual-harassment-pregnancy-discrimination
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-27, 23:51

Fuck man, I think I just want to stop thinking and watch the games and dial back my level of enthusiasm quite a bit. I just read the police report again and I went from disgusted at her claims to "I see how that could have been the case" reading AP's statements. I just don't know anymore. I don't want to have to be judge and jury before deciding who to root for in a college basketball game. I just want to have something to cheer for and be able to forget that it's late January in Michigan and I have to wake up in 6 hours to get my kids off to school and return to the office to find out a client is pissed at me and has escalated shit to my Director. This shit is becoming too heavy.

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-01-28, 00:24

Cameron wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

RE: Appling/Payne - My recollections are that one claimed to have stopped when she said stop, the other didn't talk to police.

The other, perhaps it wasn't "rape," I'm too inebriated to recall clearly. But I think it was some variety of sexual assault, for which the police ought to be involved. Just telling your mom doesn't seem like enough to me.
From what I've read about the "tell your mom" thing (again, this is from message boards, as that's all the info we have on this, I think) is that he WAS kicked off the team, the police WERE aware of it, and they and/or the prosecutor didn't press charges.

Maybe that was the case, maybe not, but you seem to be giving a lot of credence to that 3rd or 4th handed account. This is why you should care about "fair". I don't care how angry you are, without fairness, we're nothing as a country. There have been untold amounts of injustice done in this country when people's anger has blinded them to fairness.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-28, 01:17

Kathy Redmond has been called out by Emmert.

Letter from Emmert to the NCAA board.

Colleagues,
You may have seen a report in “The Athletic” and subsequently repeated in other news outlets yesterday evening that infers in the headline I was informed of widespread sexual assault at Michigan State University in 2010. The implication of the headline, which has also been widely repeated, is that I was informed of sexual assaults at MSU by a whistleblower and did nothing in response. Nothing could be further from the truth.
To be clear, Katherine Redmond, a sexual assault awareness advocate, sent a letter in November 2010 to a number of people including the Board of Governors (then called the Executive Committee). It is important to note that the letter was not addressed to me or any individual. Indeed, it refers to me in the third person. In it she expresses great concern over sexual assaults on campuses, particularly those involving athletes (a copy of the letter is attached). She referenced cases of alleged sexual assault at MSU as examples of the broader problem on many campuses. The MSU cases were widely reported in the press and already being investigated by law enforcement and university officials. Kathy did not imply that these were unreported cases or that she was acting as a whistleblower to report unknown information to the letter’s recipients. Quite the contrary, she accurately pointed to the public outcry surrounding these cases. Moreover, never in writing or in discussions did she or anyone else mention the heinous actions of Larry Nassar. As I often have said, even one act of sexual violence is too many. Yet, it is extremely important to know that in no way was I ever notified of Larry Nassar’s abhorrent acts. I only learned of his crimes when they were reported by the media in August 2016.
Far from ignoring Kathy’s letter, within one month of first hearing her concerns, I held a meeting with her and a legal expert she wanted to include, Wendy Murphy. I asked our General Counsel, Scott Bearby, to join me in what was a constructive conversation at the national office for an hour and a half. I took her concerns very seriously, found her thoughts and advice constructive, and subsequently asked her to join an upcoming event we were planning, the NCAA's first Violence Prevention Summit in April 2011. I communicated in writing to Kathy in early December (see letter attached). National office staff responsible for the NCAA’s educational programming also continued interacting with Kathy and invited her to participate in the Career in Sports Forum and student-athlete leadership development workshops.
Following the Violence Prevention Summit, I encouraged and financially supported the research and development of best practices that the Summit called for. This work led to our first Think Tank in 2012 and the 2014 publication of the Handbook on Addressing Sexual Assault and Interpersonal Violence. Additionally, with my encouragement, in 2014 the Board of Governors issued a Statement on Sexual Violence Prevention and Complaint Resolution based on a unanimous vote. This is the first time the NCAA member schools have stated unambiguously their expectations around the handling of sexual violence on campuses. In 2016, we released the Sexual Violence Prevention Tool Kit which has now been widely praised in the higher education and assault prevention community. During this time, we also engaged with our national SAACs to begin work with the Obama Administration on the It’s On Us campaign, providing guidance and financial support for the creation of student-based efforts at assault prevention. This included recognizing the student projects by running their videos at our national championship events, a program we continue today. The NCAA was praised by the White House for this work.
Most recently, the Board of Governors created the Commission to Combat Campus Sexual Violence that now routinely reports to and brings recommendations to the Board for action. The Commission has developed the recently passed policy requiring annual sexual violence education for athletes, coaches and administrators with annual written verification from the president, athletic director and Title IX coordinator on every campus. Further, the Commission led the first ever Higher Education Think Tank on Sexual Violence involving 20 higher education organizations just last week. In short, a great deal has been done since 2010. I have attached a graphic that more fully addresses the comprehensive efforts by the NCAA in the area of sexual assault prevention.
Our work to prevent sexual assault on campuses has much further to go. There can be no room for this scourge anywhere in higher education. The assertion that I and the NCAA are not reporting crimes, however, is blatantly false. We cannot let stories of this kind deter us from our important work.
Mark
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-28, 07:10

So are y'all gonna watch the show this morning? I've seen enough excerpts - it'll just lead me to frustration and anger (for many reasons).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-01-28, 07:21

Nm
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-28, 07:35

gHost Spartan wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Fuck man, I think I just want to stop thinking and watch the games and dial back my level of enthusiasm quite a bit. I just read the police report again and I went from disgusted at her claims to "I see how that could have been the case" reading AP's statements. I just don't know anymore. I don't want to have to be judge and jury before deciding who to root for in a college basketball game. I just want to have something to cheer for and be able to forget that it's late January in Michigan and I have to wake up in 6 hours to get my kids off to school and return to the office to find out a client is pissed at me and has escalated shit to my Director. This shit is becoming too heavy.

I have read police reports in the past and immediately thought the defendant should get the chair only to (later) find out that the information contained therein was inaccurate. Look, it's a very difficult situation and us Spartans are all gonna suffer a lot in the coming months but man... show me the fucking smoking gun... please

I trust that Izzo is a good man and made the right decision. He wouldn't pay players and he's kicked guys off the team. Same with Coach D. Someone compile a list of all the guys kicked off hoops and football since these two arrived and I bet it's extensive. Why would he keep these two guys?

I trust and believe our coaches until I see the evidence proving otherwise. And no, some dipshit ESPN reporter isn't going to sway my opinion.

This the thing about the Payne/Appling case that is different now vs back then. A lot of people are arguing that the OTL article is nothing new, I disagree. Back when the Payne/Appling story broke all we had on it initially was an article in a small paper I never hear of before that seemed like a dodgy source and they had the police report that told Payne/Appling story.

I don’t recall the small article having any quotes from the victim but I could be wrong. There was very little reporting in the freep or LSJ for some reason about this story back then. We did get subsequent articles I believe mostly in mlive that confirmed from the DA perspective they wouldn’t prosecute and there wasn’t enough evidence. Some one jump in if I have the details wrong.

At any rate here’s what OTL brought to the table and change my opinion on that case. You have quotes from the victim and she gives her name. It’s clear it was traumatic experience for her and it was heartbreaking reading and it was clearer that we got HER story in this article. What they did sounded creepy and rereading the Adrienne Payne’s quotes in it is my opinion he knew something was deeply wrong about the whole experience and reading the details over again it doesn’t sit well with me at all. Also, we learn that the police thought there was enough to charge the two based on Payne’s statements and we learn from the new details of the behind the scenes decision process to not prosecute. It sure sounds like because of their basketball star status they decide not to go forth but if it were some one far less famous they’d go to trial. I’m not saying they are guilty and that if a trial happened a jury would find them guilty but I can say that article changed my impression of that story. I also believe if a lot of those details in the OTL story were present back then when this happened a lot of us would have probably been more vocal with our outrage instead of giving Payne/Appling the benefit of the doubt. Just my .02

Also, one other call out that story about the five football players raping a girl and her subsequent suicide was heartbreaking beyond belief. I never heard about this story and I don’t recall one story about this in the sports pages. As we all know a lot of times these stories go unreported by the victim. I will add that if anyone on the team or one of the coaches knew about this I’d be outraged that no one did anything about this. I’m with Cameron I demand a higher standard at our School and I think we failed. We will have a Baylor or Penn State level reputation after this and I think the school has to own the shame. It’s really depressing shit.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-28, 07:45

Robert J Sakimano wrote:So are y'all gonna watch the show this morning? I've seen enough excerpts - it'll just lead me to frustration and anger (for many reasons).

I will watch.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-28, 07:50

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:So are y'all gonna watch the show this morning? I've seen enough excerpts - it'll just lead me to frustration and anger (for many reasons).

I will watch.
I might watch too. Even though my instincts as a Dad whose daughter is enrolling at MSU in the fall makes me sick.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-28, 08:18

Cameron wrote:In regards to Dantonio and the football program, I'm not okay with the idea that a football player who was credibly accused of rape was merely made to tell his mother why he was kicked off the team. If you think an accusation is credible enough to kick a guy off the team, then the accusation is also credible enough to report to the police.

This was one that CoachD specifically called ESPN out on. Said the authorities DID handle it.

From what I read elsewhere he made the player tell his mother directly in ADDITION to reporting it to the proper channels. For some of these kids the mother confession would be pretty traumatic.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-01-28, 08:36

Ghost, check your PMs bro.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-28, 09:08

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I will watch.
I might watch too. Even though my instincts as a Dad whose daughter is enrolling at MSU in the fall makes me sick.

I'm sure as a level headed father you'll be able to offer her some common sense tips to remain safe on the MSU or any other campus.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-01-28, 09:15

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I will watch.

As long as your daughter doesn't suck a dick at a party, regret it the next morning, then try to construe it as rape, she'll be fine.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-28, 09:17

If anyone ever doubts that Draymond Green is a MSU treasure.

https://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/status/957473208743084037?s=09
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-28, 09:55

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I might watch too. Even though my instincts as a Dad whose daughter is enrolling at MSU in the fall makes me sick.

I'm sure as a level headed father you'll be able to offer her some common sense tips to remain safe on the MSU or any other campus.
I shall do my best.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-28, 09:56

gHost Spartan wrote:According to posters on tCock, Ash-Liz's mother tweeted that her daughter was raped by 4 football players

I have said this from the very beginning, when she first started posting on the Cock - those posters over there were BRUTAL to her and I felt possibly contributed to her suicide. That girl had some serious issues that seem to go far beyond any issues with the football players. We obviously don't know what happened and never will. RIP
yeah, RIP to Ash-Liz.

:(
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-01-28, 09:57

I used to scoff at the notion of feminazis, but I think I'm on board now.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-28, 10:09

gHost Spartan wrote:According to posters on tCock, Ash-Liz's mother tweeted that her daughter was raped by 4 football players

I have said this from the very beginning, when she first started posting on the Cock - those posters over there were BRUTAL to her and I felt possibly contributed to her suicide. That girl had some serious issues that seem to go far beyond any issues with the football players. We obviously don't know what happened and never will. RIP

Ash didn't deserve the treatment that she got.
That said, she certainly didn't make it easy on herself.
I don't know the truth of what happened but it's damned unfair to try those players on the evidence left.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-01-28, 10:10

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I shall do my best.

These aren't women getting kidnapped. I talk to my daughters about this stuff and caution them to never get remotely close to a situation where this could happen...particularly when it's a group of boys. I think the group mentality kicks in and introduces too many variables like shared blame, peer pressure, etc.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-01-28, 10:14

Da Mayor wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I might watch too. Even though my instincts as a Dad whose daughter is enrolling at MSU in the fall makes me sick.

As long as your daughter doesn't suck a dick at a party, regret it the next morning, then try to construe it as rape, she'll be fine.

I want to be very transparent about this...you're being an asshole.

Shut the fuck up.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next