Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT

+29
Nordic
WhiteBoyHatcher
goodbar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
SawGreen
Wally Fairway
I.B. Fine
DWags
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
Da Mayor
NigelUno
MiamiSpartan
Floyd Robertson
Clarett's Folly
Code_Warrior
Death Roe
Watch Out Pylon!
NWSpartan
kingstonlake
InTenSity
Senior Dickfist
Jake from State Farm
Motown Spartan
Cameron
aualum06
Dr. Strangelove
MattyFresh
33 posters

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 9 Empty Re: AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-14, 09:52

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I find that it helps if you've never actually met Trevor..

I saw him at a spring game once.  I did not approach or speak to him.  I was a bit frightened.... and drunk.
I think if I ever met him he'd probably realize that I was actually NOT a great guy to have a beer with.

which would be my goal. AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 9 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 9 Empty Re: AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-14, 09:54

goodbar wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:

The last time I met him he gave my then-pregnant wife a hug and said a lot of kind words to both of us FWIW

like, just a bunch of kind words all strung together? like a human thesaurus or something? yeah, that does seem kinda weird. guess you were right about the guy.

"Friend happy cheer smiles. Good family compadre synergy. Moon base basketball. Elongated Muskrat."
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-14, 09:54

goodbar wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:

The last time I met him he gave my then-pregnant wife a hug and said a lot of kind words to both of us FWIW

like, just a bunch of kind words all strung together? like a human thesaurus or something? yeah, that does seem kinda weird. guess you were right about the guy.
gHost: "Hi, Mark. How are you"?

Mark: "hi, gHost. I'm good, thanks".

gHost: "Mark, I'd like you to meet my wife, Ms. gHost".

Mark (to Ms. gHost): Six o'clock, T.V. hour, don't get caught in foreign tower, Slash and burn, return, listen to yourself churn. Lock him in uniform, book burning, bloodletting every motive escalate, automotive incinerate.

gHost: "Mark it's good to see you, too. Take care".
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-14, 09:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
goodbar wrote:

gHost: "Hi, Mark. How are you"?

Mark (to Ms. gHost): Six o'clock, T.V. hour, don't get caught in foreign tower, Slash and burn, return, listen to yourself churn. Lock him in uniform, book burning, bloodletting every motive escalate, automotive incinerate.

Knees weak, arms are heavy. Vomit on his sweater, mom's spaghetti!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-14, 10:04

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:gHost: "Hi, Mark. How are you"?

Knees weak, arms are heavy. Vomit on his sweater, mom's spaghetti!
gHost (and wife): "Hi Mark"

Mark: "a lot of kind words"

gHost (and wife): scratch
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-14, 10:17

Blanchard speaks. Tribes should listen.

Blanchard: MSU choice of Engler was driven by potential state aid loss

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-14, 10:23

LooseGoose wrote:Blanchard speaks. Tribes should listen.

from post #292..

Bobby Sak wrote:Engler was brought in for two reasons: damage control and to make sure the money still keeps flowing from the GOP-controlled capitol.

life really is pretty simple if you can just ignore the static.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-14, 10:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:seems to me that Engler is saying and doing a lot of the right things. There are plenty of arrows being aimed at MSU from the outside. With someone in a leadership role finally standing up for MSU while still honoring the victims, it's time for those of us on the inside to stand together.

Did Bob just create the new izzone shirt slogan for next year??
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-14, 10:28

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:seems to me that Engler is saying and doing a lot of the right things. There are plenty of arrows being aimed at MSU from the outside. With someone in a leadership role finally standing up for MSU while still honoring the victims, it's time for those of us on the inside to stand together.

Did Bob just create the new izzone shirt slogan for next year??
AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 9 Then_one_time_at_band_camp

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-14, 10:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

from post #292..

Bobby Sak wrote:Engler was brought in for two reasons: damage control and to make sure the money still keeps flowing from the GOP-controlled capitol.

Seems like the faculty would be appreciative of that.

I get that they don't have confidence in the BOT. I don't think anyone does, and that will be remedied in the voting booth.

Hiring Engler as interim seems to be working. Being pissed about that is ignoring the bigger picture.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-14, 10:37

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
from post #292..

I get that they don't have confidence in the BOT. I don't think anyone does, and that will be remedied in the voting booth.

You sure about that last part? I'm not. They need to change the way the voting works in this State.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-02-14, 10:41

I know it is the Freep, but I am shocked how they phrase some things. For example, this part of that article:

"Since September 2016, when the Indianapolis Star detailed sexual assault allegations against Nassar, more than 260 women and girls have told law enforcement that Nassar sexually abused them. Those victims have repeatedly said they alerted MSU to problems, only to have MSU ignore them."

More than 260 victims alerted MSU to problems? Really? Yeah, people at MSU fucked up, in different ways, but to suggest that there were 260+ complaints filed with MSU makes the OTL report look like responsible journalism. What was it, 5% of that number, if that, which told anyone at all at MSU? Not that it justifies anything, but it makes it look like MSU as an institution had hundreds of complaints that they were ignoring. Am I missing something here?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-14, 10:45

MiamiSpartan wrote:

I know it is the Freep, but I am shocked how they phrase some things. For example, this part of that article:

"Since September 2016, when the Indianapolis Star detailed sexual assault allegations against Nassar, more than 260 women and girls have told law enforcement that Nassar sexually abused them. Those victims have repeatedly said they alerted MSU to problems, only to have MSU ignore them."

More than 260 victims alerted MSU to problems? Really? Yeah, people at MSU fucked up, in different ways, but to suggest that there were 260+ complaints filed with MSU makes the OTL report look like responsible journalism. What was it, 5% of that number, if that, which told anyone at all at MSU? Not that it justifies anything, but it makes it look like MSU as an institution had hundreds of complaints that they were ignoring. Am I missing something here?
you're missing nothing. The media and the general public have a co-dependent relationship as they both race to the bottom in a sea of ignorance.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-14, 10:57

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

You sure about that last part? I'm not. They need to change the way the voting works in this State.

I don't think any of them will be re-elected. I'd guess most (or all) won't even run.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-14, 10:58

MiamiSpartan wrote:

I've still not seen an actual breakdown of numbers. Someone stated that 12 of the victims were MSU athletes, that seems low. Another place noted that 65-70 were actually "treated" at MSU in some way. That sounds plausible, would mean the other 200 or so were "treated" at Twistars, his house, the Karolyi Ranch and various US Gymnastics sites.

That doesn't exonerate MSU in any way but it does spread the responsibility around a bit. There were many more people beyond MSU that missed seeing this son of a bitch.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-14, 11:37

gHost Spartan wrote: I don't think the victims were limited to gymnastics - I think that piece of shit Nassar treated women's crew and other sports. My friend, a scUM alum, alluded to something happening to his trainer at the gym, a former MSU crew member - I told him that I didn't really want to hear about it.

We know that to be true. One of the earliest reporters was a MSU softball player and I know there were crew members too. That's why i think the "12" number of MSU athletes seems low.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-02-14, 12:10

LooseGoose wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote: I don't think the victims were limited to gymnastics - I think that piece of shit Nassar treated women's crew and other sports. My friend, a scUM alum, alluded to something happening to his trainer at the gym, a former MSU crew member - I told him that I didn't really want to hear about it.

We know that to be true.  One of the earliest reporters was a MSU softball player and I know there were crew members too.   That's why i think the "12" number of MSU athletes seems low.
I don't know whether 12 is correct or not, but I don't think it's necessarily low.  For one thing, college students would seem to be a little old for him.  Also, they're more aware, more willing/able to know and say something when it goes beyond a medical procedure.  And by the time they're at MSU, they would have been at the pinnacle of their athletic careers, scholarship athletes at a major university.  There wouldn't have been the awe factor that many girls have mentioned, and about how honored they felt to be treated by the famous USAG doc. I can see where adult high-level athletes would be more difficult targets for him.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-02-14, 18:19

No idea what thread to put this in anymore. Ripped from tCock, but worth the read.

She told MSU about a 1985 rape, so Interim President Engler called her
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-02-14, 19:53

Another good read from the article above. If you are Spartan, it is tough to stomach. But he is right.

http://collegefootballnews.com/2018/01/michigan-state-you-broke-my-heart

To Michigan State Spartans everywhere …

Understand that it is not wrong or disloyal or inappropriate but rather an obligation to acknowledge the facts: Michigan State University and its individual leaders allowed the worst sexual assault scandal in history to be perpetrated by one of the worst pedophiles in history right on the campus we all love.

As difficult as it is, recognize that our leaders made mistakes and we all need to support everything related to trying to make sure nothing like this ever happens again on our campus.

Resist the urge to lash out at the “enemies” and “conspirators” who are trying to “bring down Michigan State.” No one is out to get us. Even if things do happen at other institution, that doesn’t matter – we have to be better, no matter what.

Understand that our cherished school brought this all on itself and needs to face the music. That means we’re in for a very tough, very long road ahead. Buckle up. Rise above it all and acknowledge that we need to have the right perspective.

And be on the right side of history.

He also has words for Tom Izzo, Dantonio, the BoT, etc.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-14, 19:58

Nordic wrote:Another good read from the article above. If you are Spartan, it is tough to stomach. But he is right.

Understand that it is not wrong or disloyal or inappropriate but rather an obligation to acknowledge the facts: Michigan State University and its individual leaders allowed the worst sexual assault scandal in history to be perpetrated by one of the worst pedophiles in history right on the campus we all love.

As difficult as it is, recognize that our leaders made mistakes and we all need to support everything related to trying to make sure nothing like this ever happens again on our campus.

Resist the urge to lash out at the “enemies” and “conspirators” who are trying to “bring down Michigan State.” No one is out to get us. Even if things do happen at other institution, that doesn’t matter – we have to be better, no matter what.

Understand that our cherished school brought this all on itself and needs to face the music. That means we’re in for a very tough, very long road ahead. Buckle up. Rise above it all and acknowledge that we need to have the right perspective.

Read it. Not impressed. File under self righteous blowhard with 20/20 hindsight.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-14, 20:09

LooseGoose wrote:
Nordic wrote:Another good read from the article above. If you are Spartan, it is tough to stomach. But he is right.

Read it. Not impressed. File under self righteous blowhard with 20/20 hindsight.

Like many, he appears to have written that within a week of the OTL. Like many, he is wrong in some conclusions because we’re all rushing to judgement. If he feels watching Izzo and MSU basketball is hollow now, god bless him. Turn it off. Can’t change him, but dragging Izzo in with the guilty at MSU is like dragging you and I in because shit was going on in a city of 45,000 people and we didn’t do something. Whatever. We all have opinions. This guy has one too.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-14, 20:21

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Like many, he appears to have written that within a week of the OTL. Like many, he is wrong in some conclusions because we’re all rushing to judgement. If he feels watching Izzo and MSU basketball is hollow now, god bless him. Turn it off. Can’t change him, but dragging Izzo in with the guilty at MSU is like dragging you and I in because shit was going on in a city of 45,000 people and we didn’t do something. Whatever. We all have opinions. This guy has one too.

Since he pounds on the school most outsiders will think he's pretty woke.

He's relying on OTL and that 14 number from the News....and that's pretty suspect if you read the original report closely.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-14, 20:23

This is how LAKS "knew" and was one of the 14 number used:

Among those notified was MSU President Lou Anna Simon, who was informed in 2014 that a Title IX complaint and a police report had been filed against an unnamed physician, she told The News on Wednesday.

“I was informed that a sports medicine doctor was under investigation,” said Simon, who made the brief comments after appearing in court Wednesday to observe a sentencing hearing for Nassar. “I told people to play it straight up, and I did not receive a copy of the report. That’s the truth.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-02-15, 14:05

LooseGoose wrote:This is how LAKS "knew" and was one of the 14 number used:

Among those notified was MSU President Lou Anna Simon, who was informed in 2014 that a Title IX complaint and a police report had been filed against an unnamed physician, she told The News on Wednesday.

“I was informed that a sports medicine doctor was under investigation,” said Simon, who made the brief comments after appearing in court Wednesday to observe a sentencing hearing for Nassar. “I told people to play it straight up, and I did not receive a copy of the report. That’s the truth.”

I hear ya. That Freep(?) article pissed me off to no end. Loosely connecting names to come up with 14. Same with the OTL's 16 sexual assaults and other stuff.  I don't agree with everything in that article. The reference to the 14 irked me too. Along with some of the comments to Izzo. But we are all just Bargaining and I agree with the overall message. It is time to move on, accept it, own it, fix it, not argue about it. The more we scream, the more we look like PSU. And yes, I fully understand the differences.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-15, 15:36

Graham Couch Verified account @Graham_Couch 43s44 seconds ago
More
Former MSU AD Mark Hollis in an email to athletic department staff today says he'll "cooperate and be transparent" with investigations and later writes, "I can state with certainty that there were inaccurate, incomplete and misleading statements made and then reported by ESPN."

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 9 DWGnJheW4AAiubn
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2018-02-15, 16:05

its about to be war. espn's butthole is tightening up right about now.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-15, 16:10

goodbar wrote:its about to be war. espn's butthole is tightening up right about now.

Pucker pucker pucker!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-15, 16:16

gHost Spartan wrote:Shit is going down. Ashley Thompson's thread on tCock has been scrubbed and her Twitter is now essentially private. I wonder what's going on there...????

Burn the ESPN fuckers to the ground and watch them run around like this.

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 9 4198636888
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-02-15, 16:35

gHost Spartan wrote:Shit is going down. Ashley Thompson's thread on tCock has been scrubbed and her Twitter is now essentially private. I wonder what's going on there...????

Had she started a thread over there, or joined in on one? I remember a thread about her a few days ago, but am not over there enough to see what happened.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-15, 16:48

Scrubbed of what? Can you clarify?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-02-15, 17:31

Nordic wrote:Another good read from the article above. If you are  Spartan, it is tough to stomach. But he is right.

Resist the urge to lash out at the “enemies” and “conspirators” who are trying to “bring down Michigan State.”  No one is out to get us. Even if things do happen at other institution, that doesn’t matter – we have to be better, no matter what.

Understand that our cherished school brought this all on itself and needs to face the music.  That means we’re in for a very tough, very long road ahead.  Buckle up.  Rise above it all and acknowledge that we need to have the right perspective.

Right to an extent.  Most systemic bad things {i.e. Hitler) happen because people are afraid of losing their jobs/income (or lives).  In the Nassar situation, it was folks with AS or BA degrees feeling inferior to a nationally renown physician.  It's a problem that is pervasive, and honestly understandable.

Whistle-optimist/see-it-say-it protections need to become institutionalized in as many institutions as possible... and health care comes to mind.

I've personally witnessed life and death situations where the nurses knew more than the doctors.  They are with the patients for hours on end while the docs roll through for 5 minutes a pop.  Yet, the nurses are totally at the bidding of the doctors.

If handled appropriately, everyone will benefit.  There is no witch hunt in my recommendations. People are not infallible because they have attained positions of rank.  I'm speaking to protection from speaking ones mind.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-02-15, 17:37

What the fuck. Apparently, B - L - O - W - E - R on this board is converted to "optimist" (see prior post).
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-02-15, 18:02

Yeah there's a bunch of those little nuggets that SRC put in there... I don't remember half of them. He's a real peach.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-15, 18:05

The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-02-15, 18:56

See? I don't remember what that is?

Green Seat Mafia?

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-02-15, 18:56

Nope.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-15, 18:56

Rocinante wrote:See?  I don't remember what that is?  

Green Seat Mafia?

The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria

EDIT: Yep, just the initials of the words in your post, no spaces.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by NWSpartan 2018-02-16, 00:15

Paula is doubling down adding fuel to her fizzling fire.

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/22457780/michigan-state-freshman-basketball-player-subject-criminal-sexual-conduct-investigation-espn

This article explains why Izzo did not want to speak.
NWSpartan
NWSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-16, 00:23

NW - you might want to copy and paste. Many don't want to click.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-16, 00:27

Not charged yet? Fuck it, let’s drag his name through the mud in the name of my career! Woooo!!!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next