Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT

+29
Nordic
WhiteBoyHatcher
goodbar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
SawGreen
Wally Fairway
I.B. Fine
DWags
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
Da Mayor
NigelUno
MiamiSpartan
Floyd Robertson
Clarett's Folly
Code_Warrior
Death Roe
Watch Out Pylon!
NWSpartan
kingstonlake
InTenSity
Senior Dickfist
Jake from State Farm
Motown Spartan
Cameron
aualum06
Dr. Strangelove
MattyFresh
33 posters

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 15 Empty Re: AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-27, 15:46

also there were the responses like "maybe you should worry more about MSU and the environment they've created than what random picture that's being used"... Rolling Eyes

yeah - and maybe they should understand the difference between intellectual honesty and a picture specifically meant to connect one horrific situation with a young man who died tragically that had nothing to do with each other.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 15 Empty Re: AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-27, 15:48

They are clumsy idiots, but at least he apologized and fixed it. It’s a step in the right direction.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-27, 15:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:also there were the responses like "maybe you should worry more about MSU and the environment they've created than what random picture that's being used"....Rolling Eyes

yeah - and maybe they should understand the difference between intellectual honesty and a picture specifically meant to connect one horrific situation with a young man who died tragically that had nothing to do with each other.

Well put.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-03-27, 16:42

We’re in a bad spot. We all hate these scumbags at MSU and when we defend two men who I think are pretty damn good men we can come off as not caring about these victims.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-03-27, 16:49

DWags wrote:We’re in a bad spot. We all hate these scumbags at MSU and when we defend two men who I think are pretty damn good men we can come off as not caring about these victims.

We only come off that way to people who lack any semblance of critical thinking skills.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-03-27, 16:51

steveschneider wrote:They are clumsy idiots, but at least he apologized and fixed it. It’s a step in the right direction.
I am way beyond giving them the benefit of the doubt, they are supposed to be professionals and this, at best, is incompetence, oh, and the picture is still on twitter.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-03-27, 16:52

Da Mayor wrote:
DWags wrote:We’re in a bad spot. We all hate these scumbags at MSU and when we defend two men who I think are pretty damn good men we can come off as not caring about these victims.

We only come off that way to people who lack any semblance of critical thinking skills.
Do you mean the staff at BSPN?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2018-03-27, 17:03

steveschneider wrote:They are clumsy idiots, but at least he apologized and fixed it. It’s a step in the right direction.
I wish I could say that about the BOT and the Administration, but they haven't apologized to anyone nor have the done much to fix things.

I look back to the press conference a year ago when Hollis talked about kicking the players off the football team and firing the assistant coach. How he had fire and vim in his speech, talking about how that was not acceptable and how it wasn't just his athletic department but the community in which he lived and his children attended.
That was a leadership moment, and he is gone and I haven't really heard anyone at MSU make any bold statements that were assertive about making changes. Mainly it has been very quiet, I presume as the work on litigation and trying to get settlements, but most of what has been said has been uninformed at best, and non-reconcilatory or defensive at worst.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-03-27, 18:28

Wally Fairway wrote:
I wish I could say that about the BOT and the Administration, but they haven't apologized to anyone nor have the done much to fix things.

I look back to the press conference a year ago when Hollis talked about kicking the players off the football team and firing the assistant coach. How he had fire and vim in his speech, talking about how that was not acceptable and how it wasn't just his athletic department but the community in which he lived and his children attended.
That was a leadership moment, and he is gone and I haven't really heard anyone at MSU make any bold statements that were assertive about making changes. Mainly it has been very quiet, I presume as the work on litigation and trying to get settlements, but most of what has been said has been uninformed at best, and non-reconcilatory or defensive at worst.
Outside of the shots at ESPN (which I don't think can be argued were very well deserved), hasn't pretty much everything that Engler has said been informed, about making changes, and very conciliatory?

His regular updates via e-mail have usually been about the victims, the pain that this has caused them and the community, steps that MSU is taking to work with investigators and steps that MSU is taking moving forward.

Even in his back and forth with Murphy, he owned the fact that we had Nassar, while also talking about how the University is implementing changes with the goal to set a new standard for safety from any and all sexual assault and violence.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-03-27, 18:35

This dude is all in there now (on Twitter), which basically means everybody needs to assume a non-aggressive posture. He's really pushing the "systematic" agenda and extending it into football/basketball.

(just a photo, not an actual link)

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 15 Captur14

SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-03-27, 19:38

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 15 Coachd10

cheers AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 15 3493939353 AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 15 55953254 AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 15 1837765953 AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 15 1833121890
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-27, 19:49

I.B. Fine wrote:
I am way beyond giving them the benefit of the doubt, they are supposed to be professionals and this, at best, is incompetence, oh, and the picture is still on twitter.

Yeah, I agree. It’s a pretty incompetent organization and they’ve been very callous about conflating Izzo/Dantonio with Nassar. Dwags made a good tweet, last time Murphy fucked up he tried to get Bristol to fix an error and it took time. I’m glad Dantonio spoke out it’s infuriating they’d use that image.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-27, 20:07

Never saw this picture before....maybe I just missed it.

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 15 DZUQPxrV4AAEBpe
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-03-27, 23:02

Who is that?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-27, 23:17

Rocinante wrote:Who is that?
murphy. The ESPN reporter and tweeter of today. with his M memorabilia on display.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-27, 23:49

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 15 502811600 No way that guy is a sportswriter ....AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 15 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-28, 07:35

Again ESPN has created a huge distraction around a disturbing story involving MSU. I didn’t see one person “deflecting” until they trolled the fan base. Here’s a simple idea for ESPN. When you write a story about Nassar use a pic of Nassar. When you write a story about Strampel use a pic of Strampel.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-03-28, 07:58

Rocinante wrote:Who is that?

Fanboi
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2018-03-28, 07:58

steveschneider wrote:Again ESPN has created a huge distraction around a disturbing story involving MSU. I didn’t see one person “deflecting” until they trolled the fan base. Here’s a simple idea for ESPN. When you write a story about Nassar use a pic of Nassar. When you write a story about Strampel use a pic of Strampel.

yeah but that's boooooooooring. who would click on that???

-Misquote Murphy
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-03-28, 08:55

If you've dug into this at all, Murphy did not select that photo with the tweet. It was automatically generated. Not that he deserves the benefit of the doubt by any means....but check out MSU Alum @WorldofIsaac 's timeline for information on how that works.

To think this one through...Murphy could have taken it down, but he didn't. I'm guessing not his decision to leave it up.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-03-28, 09:09

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:If you've dug into this at all, Murphy did not select that photo with the tweet. It was automatically generated. Not that he deserves the benefit of the doubt by any means....but check out MSU Alum @WorldofIsaac 's timeline for information on how that works.

To think this one through...Murphy could have taken it down, but he didn't. I'm guessing not his decision to leave it up.

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-03-28, 09:19

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 15 DZUQPxrV4AAEBpe

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-28, 10:03

Took some time this morning and created a new ESPN picture for this thread and any time those people want to comment on us.

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 15 NRD3ujC
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-28, 10:11

LooseGoose wrote:Took some time this morning and created a new ESPN picture for this thread and any time those people want to comment on us.

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 15 NRD3ujC
AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 15 1486952199
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-03-28, 10:18

Beautiful
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-28, 10:19

LooseGoose wrote:Took some time this morning and created a new ESPN picture for this thread and any time those people want to comment on us.

Hahahaha! Good stuff!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-28, 10:24

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:If you've dug into this at all, Murphy did not select that photo with the tweet. It was automatically generated. Not that he deserves the benefit of the doubt by any means....but check out MSU Alum @WorldofIsaac 's timeline for information on how that works.

The only thing I have to say about that is I have to believe someone signed off on the photo. I buy that it wasn't Dan, but I can't imagine that a news organization when they run a sensitive story would leave it to chance as to what photo is used for the story. It just seems like a recipe for disaster.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-03-28, 10:31

I believe Isaac in terms of how it works, and I believe Murphy that he did not select the photo - it's a cached Twitter thing that I don't truly understand.

I also believe Murphy probably went to his superiors and said should we delete the Tweet and they said nah, leave it up. It appears that someone who works at Twitter finally changed it hours later if you follow the Tweet trail.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2018-03-28, 10:34

"whoops! that pic was auto generated. our bad. we'll call somebody, somewhere, and have it taken down. sincerely apologize if you were offended or something like that and whatnot. anyhoo, gotta run, ta-ta! Oh - don't fret if the offensive (that is, if you feel its offensive?) pic is up for 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 hours or so. just know that we're on it, k? k. bai."
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-03-28, 10:36

steveschneider wrote:

The only thing I have to say about that is I have to believe someone signed off on the photo. I buy that it wasn't Dan, but I can't imagine that a competent news organization when they run a sensitive story would leave it to chance as to what photo is used for the story. It just seems like a recipe for disaster.

FIFY Wink
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-03-28, 10:43

I believe this is the correct size if anyone else wants to use it.
AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 15 Nrd3uj10
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-03-28, 10:49

I pout it on twitter. Should be running. Thanks goose.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-03-28, 12:30

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I believe Isaac in terms of how it works, and I believe Murphy that he did not select the photo - it's a cached Twitter thing that I don't truly understand.

I also believe Murphy probably went to his superiors and said should we delete the Tweet and they said nah, leave it up. It appears that someone who works at Twitter finally changed it hours later if you follow the Tweet trail.

I don't know how the process works, but I'm sure there are a 1000s ways to NOT have a MSU Football picture show up on a non-MSU Football related story.

Come on hatch...
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-03-28, 15:24

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I believe Isaac in terms of how it works, and I believe Murphy that he did not select the photo - it's a cached Twitter thing that I don't truly understand.

I don't think Isaac said it's a cached twitter thing (at least not where the automation was on behalf of twitter).  He said that the writer or editor would have uploaded the image when they wrote the story.  Yes, it may be an auto-generated photo, but auto-generated from ESPN's link to the article.  Isaac may be calling it an accident (and he is only guessing, as he doesn't know), but somewhere at ESPN that photo was tied to the article.  Even if, hypothetically, it's only on the backend, and they didn't publish it with the article at any point.

Hypothetically, if it was some cached twitter thing what would it have caused it to be pulled from the tag?  The text of the tweet didn't mention MSU football.  The article didn't mention MSU football.  If MSU's football field was pulled up from a cache because Michigan State was mentioned, then it would also get pulled when there are tweets about basketball.  And with other schools, too.  ESPN tweets about Florida baseball, and a photo of UF basketball comes up.  I'm sure that happens.  Or not.  Yeah, definitely not.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-03-28, 15:59

Well the point is they probably weren't intentionally trying to use a picture of a Mike Sadler tribute. They definitely were trying to tie it to a MSU football/athletics image and that is the one that came up.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-03-28, 16:52

What the hell is going on now?

STATEMENT ON STUDENT SOCIAL MEDIA POST (MARCH 28, 2018)
One of the university’s core values is inclusion, to have a campus environment that fosters free speech and the sharing of ideas and beliefs. However, we do not condone racial harassment or bullying. The university is aware of the recent social media posts connected to an MSU student. As a public institution, we do not get to control what every member of our community says. What was said is clearly not aligned with our Spartan values. We are addressing this situation through multiple channels, and we are using it as an opportunity to keep a conversation about race and inclusion ongoing.

--Emily Guerrant, MSU Spokesperson
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-03-28, 16:54

Something about a girl spouting racist stuff and not being expelled? MSU is getting ripped on Twitter. She must have said something horrible.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-28, 17:09

DWags wrote:Something about a girl spouting racist stuff and not being expelled?  MSU is getting ripped on Twitter.   She must have said something horrible.

Multiple uses of the N word......it was all over Twitter this morning.

I'm guessing drunk and stupid on break somewhere....are they on break now?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-03-28, 17:14

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 15 1486952199 Doing some catching up this afternoon.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-03-28, 17:46

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:Something about a girl spouting racist stuff and not being expelled?  MSU is getting ripped on Twitter.   She must have said something horrible.

Multiple uses of the N word......it was all over Twitter this morning.

I'm guessing drunk and stupid on break somewhere....are they on break now?

Nope. Two weeks back.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next