Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another high school shooting. Florida

+23
Floyd Robertson
Dendrobates
AnomanderRake
msugolfguy
Clarett's Folly
GirbaudJeans
Turtleneck
Cameron
Dr. Strangelove
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
I.B. Fine
tGreenWay
aualum06
kingstonlake
steveschneider
Nordic
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
27 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Another high school shooting.  Florida - Page 3 Empty Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:58 am

Caution: this chart comes from the mainstream media

Another high school shooting.  Florida - Page 3 MW-FV544_gun_ri_20171003131402_NS

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Another high school shooting.  Florida - Page 3 Empty Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:04 am

Jesus Goose, you're insane. Might want to seriously think about talking to someone. Or yell at me some more, whatever gets you some therapy.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:09 am

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Surprise surprise. Shooter was Antifa

This post right here has a lot to do with what is wrong with this country. This guy obviously saw this somewhere, most likely a Russian Twitter bot, and took it as gospel. Until people start thinking critically they'll be led to whatever conclusion the fake news people want.

Oh the only mention of this kid being in Antifa that I saw was on Alex Jones' website. Jesus Christ dude.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:13 am

so the racist, bigoted sexual predator says the shooter was "mentally disturbed"..

oh.. looky here:

(caution: mainstream media article)

Sexual Predator Signs Bill Revoking Obama-Era Gun Checks For People With Mental Illnesses

Sexual Predator quietly signed a bill into law Tuesday rolling back an Obama-era regulation that made it harder for people with mental illnesses to purchase a gun.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:13 am

This morning they were saying not all families had been notified yet. 12 victims identified. The coach is confirmed to be one of the victims, and he died.
I haven't even had a chance to talk to my daughter about this. How do you explain something like this to a 5 year old?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:20 am

InTenSity wrote:This morning they were saying not all families had been notified yet. 12 victims identified. The coach is confirmed to be one of the victims, and he died.
I haven't even had a chance to talk to my daughter about this. How do you explain something like this to a 5 year old?
though it's impossible to shield her completely, I would suggest to attempt to shield her as much as possible from TV coverage, newspaper, radio discussion, etc - usually with children that age, if they have something on their mind, they'll ask questions. They often have yet to master the concept of attempting to hide feelings and emotions. You'll likely be able to notice a change in her affect if something is on her mind and you can ask her some open-ended questions.. reassure her that she's safe, loved, cared for and left in the hands of trusted adults. Obviously do your best to keep discussions, words, phrases 'age appropriate'.

And don't hesitate to consider consulting with a professional in her school (assuming she's in school?) - hopefully they will have access to mental health professionals.

it sucks, though. Sorry, man.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:22 am

I'm just happy I only have a three month old. These talks will be coming though.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:34 am

Here’s goose and strangeloves dearest leaders take this morning.

“So many signs that the Florida shooter was mentally disturbed, even expelled from school for bad and erratic behavior. Neighbors and classmates knew he was a big problem. Must always report such instances to authorities, again and again!”

“Hello this is 911 what’s your emergency”
“This guy I know has an Arsenal of weapons and posts crazy stuff online”
“None of that is illegal sir and there’s literally nothing we can do about it” 
“Yeah but the president said”
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:48 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
InTenSity wrote:This morning they were saying not all families had been notified yet. 12 victims identified. The coach is confirmed to be one of the victims, and he died.
though it's impossible to shield her completely, I would suggest to attempt to shield her as much as possible from TV coverage, newspaper, radio discussion, etc - usually with children that age, if they have something on their mind, they'll ask questions. They often have yet to master the concept of attempting to hide feelings and emotions. You'll likely be able to notice a change in her affect if something is on her mind and you can ask her some open-ended questions.. reassure her that she's safe, loved, cared for and left in the hands of trusted adults. Obviously do your best to keep discussions, words, phrases 'age appropriate'.

And don't hesitate to consider consulting with a professional in her school (assuming she's in school?) - hopefully they will have access to mental health professionals.

I was just wondering if its going to come up at school. Got a call from the Superintendent in Miami, all schools are going to have an increased police presence. Hopefully there are no questions from her. At home she mostly wants to watch Barbie and My Little Pony. I'll stick with that. Maybe get her back to watching Coraline.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:55 am

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I was just wondering if its going to come up at school. Got a call from the Superintendent in Miami, all schools are going to have an increased police presence. Hopefully there are no questions from her. At home she mostly wants to watch Barbie and My Little Pony. I'll stick with that. Maybe get her back to watching Coraline.
Wink
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:27 am

Nice to see the outage about cigarettes and big tobacco.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:35 am

So the sexual predator wants people to report suspicious behavior?

I wonder if that includes sexual predators and spousal abusers?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:53 am

a young man named David Hogg - a student at the school in Florida - is imploring legislators to take action to prevent this sort of thing to continually keep happening. Bright, articulate young man.

I suspect he is being mocked relentlessly by republicans and the NRA on social media.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GirbaudJeans Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:59 am

Another high school shooting.  Florida - Page 3 0215-v10
GirbaudJeans
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:05 am

this is amazing. Spend 1:44 and watch this.

(snowflake alert - if you're offended by free speech, you might not like this).

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:11 am

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel just advocated in a press conference the expansion of the Baker Act in Florida which essentially allows the state to lock you up for an indeterminate amount of time if someone thinks you might be crazy.
So... y'know... fuck your 5th Amendment rights but don't you dare touch my 2nd Amendment rights.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:17 am

Clarett's Folly wrote:Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel just advocated in a press conference the expansion of the Baker Act in Florida which essentially allows the state to lock you up for an indeterminate amount of time if someone thinks you might be crazy.
So... y'know... fuck your 5th Amendment rights but don't you dare touch my 2nd Amendment rights.
it's the sexual predator's definition of America.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:24 am

I want to take guns.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:28 am

Rocinante wrote:I want to take guns.

While you're in there, will you grab a bible or two.

TIA

Oh, and I'd like some hats.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:32 am

The 2nd amendment is so fucking antiquated. It was put in place to allow a militia to stay armed during the revolutionary war. This militia was a key asset to the war efforts. Fuck yeah. Merica rocks! Let's fast forward to today. Imagine the firepower necessary to take out our armed forces. If that combatant even stepped foot on our soil it would take some serious scorched earth tactics to win a land battle against us. Do you really think a bunch of guys with rifles will be able to stand up to whatever can take our armed forces down? Come on.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:40 am

All Broward County schools, public and private, are currently in a precautionary lockdown. Just got a text from daughter's school. She goes to school in Broward, but about as far away from Parkland as you can get and still be in the same country, for what it's worth. They called it "precautionary", not a drill like usual. So that's a little concerning. Must be a bomb threat called in, or this fucker told police that he was just the first wave, or some shit like that.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:44 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:All Broward County schools, public and private, are currently in a precautionary lockdown. Just got a text from daughter's school. She goes to school in Broward, but about as far away from Parkland as you can get and still be in the same country, for what it's worth. They called it "precautionary", not a drill like usual. So that's a little concerning. Must be a bomb threat called in, or this fucker told police that he was just the first wave, or some shit like that.
if I was a pro-life republican I would convey my sincere concern via thoughts and prayers.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:46 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:The 2nd amendment is so fucking antiquated. It was put in place to allow a militia to stay armed during the revolutionary war. This militia was a key asset to the war efforts. Fuck yeah. Merica rocks! Let's fast forward to today. Imagine the firepower necessary to take out our armed forces. If that combatant even stepped foot on our soil it would take some serious scorched earth tactics to win a land battle against us. Do you really think a bunch of guys with rifles will be able to stand up to whatever can take our armed forces down? Come on.

So I guess this raises the question why do we need increased military spending when we got all these fine-ass militias spread throughout the country?
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:48 am

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Yeah, we pass a few other schools on the way to take my daughter, and there were police out and about at each one, including my daughter's.

They should have drills for this at her school. I don't know what they call it to not freak out the younger ones. I doubt they call it the "Active Shooter Coming to Kill You" drill. They may even make it like a game for the little ones. My daughter is in 6th grade, so they don't really shield it from them.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:50 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
Yeah, we pass a few other schools on the way to take my daughter, and there were police out and about at each one, including my daughter's.

They should have drills for this at her school. I don't know what they call it to not freak out the younger ones. I doubt they call it the "Active Shooter Coming to Kill You" drill. They may even make it like a game for the little ones. My daughter is in 6th grade, so they don't really shield it from them.
my daughter texted and even East Lansing HS addressed it this morning. We also got an email.

obviously, senses are justifiably more heightened where you are - but it's comforting to know that ELHS, too, understands that kids (and parents) are also concerned.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:04 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:All Broward County schools, public and private, are currently in a precautionary lockdown. Just got a text from daughter's school. She goes to school in Broward, but about as far away from Parkland as you can get and still be in the same country, for what it's worth. They called it "precautionary", not a drill like usual. So that's a little concerning. Must be a bomb threat called in, or this fucker told police that he was just the first wave, or some shit like that.
My wife said she didn't see any police at either school our kids go to.
It was on the news this morning, I thought, that Broward was on Yellow Lock down, which is just precautionary. They prefer for everyone to stay indoors and there could be a police presence. Probably more worried about a copycat than an actual threat.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:46 pm

I heard congress had a moment of silence for the children. That was super nice. Hope it works.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:52 pm

InTenSity wrote:
My wife said she didn't see any police at either school our kids go to.
It was on the news this morning, I thought, that Broward was on Yellow Lock down, which is just precautionary. They prefer for everyone to stay indoors and there could be a police presence. Probably more worried about a copycat than an actual threat.
Yeah, they called it a "Code Yellow". They also just texted us that all after school activities are cancelled. Then they reiterate that the kids are all fine and not to come to pick them up before regular dismissal. I don't think there is a real threat, but I wouldn't be surprised if pranksters are calling the police with stuff, and they have to be extra cautious.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:54 pm

Wrong. Leader of a white nationalist group confirmed he was a member. Story is developing now.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:56 pm

Surprise surprise. Trump is going to come to Florida.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:57 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

Wrong. Leader of a white nationalist group confirmed he was a member. Story is developing now.
Link or proof is also required from you greenway.

Even though Strangelove was obviously parroting some info wars fake ass bullshit like an idiot.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:00 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

so a republican here is promoting fake news.

shocked.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:01 pm

InTenSity wrote:Surprise surprise. Trump is going to come to Florida.
I suspect he'll enjoy some golf.. and blame the classmates and neighbors for this.. unless the weather is Stormy.

then they'll just call in the prostitutes and underaged girls.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:07 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Link or proof is also required from you greenway.

Even though Strangelove was obviously parroting some info wars fake ass bullshit like an idiot.

I got an AP alert. I’ll check to see if the story is up now.

Edit: Here we are..

http://www.wnem.com/story/37515830/white-nationalist-militia-says-florida-school-shooting-suspect-was-member
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:12 pm

Thank you greenway for your posting integrity :)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:19 pm

Jereb said he didn't know Cruz personally ...
yet...
He also said he had "trouble with a girl" and he believed the timing of the attack, carried out on Valentine's Day, wasn't a coincidence.

Anyone else notice this bit of incongruity?
I'm in favor of putting anyone advocating a "white ethno-state" immediately in a looney bin..
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:26 pm

Odd choice for a white nationalist to target a rich, suburban, mostly-white school.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:26 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Thank you greenway for your posting integrity :)

The AP app is weird and frustrating. For years, they would send out alerts but the story wasn’t snywhere to be found because it hadn’t been filed yet. I bitched about it a couple of times. They other issue has been that once the story was up, you could forward and upload to a couple different social media platforms, but there was no way to copy a url to share the story in places like this. Last week I learned they have an all new app out, and that mine is outdated and not user friendly. No shit, dickheads. Thanks for telling me.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:26 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:
yet...
He also said he had "trouble with a girl" and he believed the timing of the attack, carried out on Valentine's Day, wasn't a coincidence.

I'm in favor of putting anyone advocating a "white ethno-state" immediately in a looney bin..
You’re breaking down the comments to reporters of 16 year olds who were just involved in a mass shooting. Congratulations on finding an inconsistency I guess?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:28 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:
yet...

Too bad Trump took away tbe ability to remove that looney guy’s AR-15s.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next