Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gretchen Whitmer?

+38
RQA
Motown Spartan
Bredo Morstoel
TrapperGus
msugolfguy
SandyOliver
Heathens '87
MSU addict
Nordic
Wally Fairway
duffy munn
gomersbro
Tim Wakefield
InTenSity
The Pantry
MattyFresh
MiamiSpartan
Jake from State Farm
aualum06
Turtleneck
AvgMSUJoe
NigelUno
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
Heat Miser
DWags
GRR Spartan
Rocinante
Cameron
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
Dendrobates
kingstonlake
Watch Out Pylon!
Travis of the Cosmos
Robert J Sakimano
tGreenWay
Dr. Strangelove
42 posters

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Go down

Gretchen Whitmer? - Page 18 Empty Re: Gretchen Whitmer?

Post by aualum06 2023-08-18, 18:55

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

This isn't the pasty thread
Put it in Up North... lol

Wherever pantry sees it
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-01-29, 07:29

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-government/how-michigan-gov-gretchen-whitmer-could-win-white-house-year

So, a click bait article for all the people who want Whitmer to run.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-03-01, 08:21

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/01/opinion/gretchen-whitmer-abortion.html

There are many reasons that people regularly fantasize about Whitmer replacing Biden on this year’s ticket, and, assuming that doesn’t happen, see her as a likely presidential prospect in 2028. (She insists she’s not interested, but few seem to believe her.) Whitmer is the popular and telegenic leader of a must-win state with a long record of accomplishments, including passing gun safety laws and an ambitious clean energy plan, as well as repealing anti-union “right to work” legislation. When Biden visited Macomb County, Mich., last month to accept the United Auto Workers endorsement, he called her “the best governor in the country.” That might have been a controversial statement — there are, after all, lots of other ambitious Democratic governors — if it didn’t seem so obviously true.

Do you fantasize about Whitmer running for President in 2024?

I don't.

I want her right here in Michigan until 2027
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2024-03-01, 08:39

Trapper Gus wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/01/opinion/gretchen-whitmer-abortion.html

There are many reasons that people regularly fantasize about Whitmer replacing Biden on this year’s ticket, and, assuming that doesn’t happen, see her as a likely presidential prospect in 2028. (She insists she’s not interested, but few seem to believe her.) Whitmer is the popular and telegenic leader of a must-win state with a long record of accomplishments, including passing gun safety laws and an ambitious clean energy plan, as well as repealing anti-union “right to work” legislation. When Biden visited Macomb County, Mich., last month to accept the United Auto Workers endorsement, he called her “the best governor in the country.” That might have been a controversial statement — there are, after all, lots of other ambitious Democratic governors — if it didn’t seem so obviously true.

I don't.

I'll be curious to see what she does in 2027 before announcing for 2028.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-03-01, 08:48

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/01/opinion/gretchen-whitmer-abortion.html

I don't.

I don't think the opinion pieces we see and hear on national sites are random. Her political staff is working to set up her 2028 campaign.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2024-03-01, 08:50

Trapper Gus wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I don't think the opinion pieces we see and hear on national sites are random. Her political staff is working to set up her 2028 campaign.

I mean, there has to be a book published in 2027. Beyond that, how does she maintain a high profile?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-03-01, 08:53

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I don't think the opinion pieces we see and hear on national sites are random.  Her political staff is working to set up her 2028 campaign.

I mean, there has to be a book published in 2027. Beyond that, how does she maintain a high profile?

She has a reasonable national recognition already.  She spends 2027 lining up money and supporting candidates for other offices (which she is already doing with her PAC) to build a campaign foundation.  Probably appears on national media to talk about the current issues. If Biden will provide it, she might take a foreign policy cabinet position for the last year of his second term.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-03-01, 09:37

She's already been in VanityFair/Nyt/Wapo...
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t18814p640-gretchen-whitmer#855591

The coastal liberals already know her name.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Floyd Robertson and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2024-03-01, 10:03

I don't.

Yes, I fantasize about Gretchen Whitmer.

Wait. What? Oh...
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2024-03-12, 10:35

This is a couple of week old, but I just stumbled on it. Someone in her own party should tell Gretch this not a good idea. Opt Out models are not just not good, except is rare cases or information security where you opt out and accept the risk. When it comes to supporting something via taxes, consumers should not have to go the extra mile and opt out.

Proposed changes to state recreation passport program draws Republican criticism

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s proposal to switch the state’s recreation passport program to an opt-out model has begun to draw criticism, hearkening back to debates from when the program was first proposed.

The state’s recreation passport program was first enacted in 2010 as part of a four-bill bipartisan effort led by then-state Sen. Patty Birkholz (R-Saugatuck) aimed at supporting Michigan’s underfunded and neglected state parks during the state’s decade-long recession. The proposal reduced the annual cost of admission to Michigan’s state parks from $24 to $10 and did away with the $6 daily entry fee for parks.  

While the cost of the passport has since increased to $14, Whitmer’s plan revives a debate that arose when the proposal was initially under consideration: opt-in or opt-out.

BTW, $14 is too low. Just make it $20.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-03-12, 10:38

Floyd Robertson wrote:This is a couple of week old, but I just stumbled on it. Someone in her own party should tell Gretch this not a good idea. Opt Out models are not just not good, except is rare cases or information security where you opt out and accept the risk. When it comes to supporting something via taxes, consumers should not have to go the extra mile and opt out.

Proposed changes to state recreation passport program draws Republican criticism

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s proposal to switch the state’s recreation passport program to an opt-out model has begun to draw criticism, hearkening back to debates from when the program was first proposed.

The state’s recreation passport program was first enacted in 2010 as part of a four-bill bipartisan effort led by then-state Sen. Patty Birkholz (R-Saugatuck) aimed at supporting Michigan’s underfunded and neglected state parks during the state’s decade-long recession. The proposal reduced the annual cost of admission to Michigan’s state parks from $24 to $10 and did away with the $6 daily entry fee for parks.  

While the cost of the passport has since increased to $14, Whitmer’s plan revives a debate that arose when the proposal was initially under consideration: opt-in or opt-out.

I get a kick out of this patriot's statement in the article:

However, Rep. Ken Borton (R-Gaylord) said this transition would create “a tax on people who don’t pay attention,” calling it a “blatant money grab by Democrat leadership.”

“We shouldn’t be forcing people to pay for a park pass they don’t even know they’re receiving and may never use. The governor is trying to bankroll her liberal agenda on the backs of working-class folks who won’t see the hit coming,” said Borton

Gretchen Whitmer? - Page 18 502811600 Gretchen Whitmer? - Page 18 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-03-12, 10:42

Sure, state parks are liberal agenda, not a plan from 100 years ago to use logged out land to generate local revenue.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2024-03-12, 10:42

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:This is a couple of week old, but I just stumbled on it. Someone in her own party should tell Gretch this not a good idea. Opt Out models are not just not good, except is rare cases or information security where you opt out and accept the risk. When it comes to supporting something via taxes, consumers should not have to go the extra mile and opt out.

However, Rep. Ken Borton (R-Gaylord) said this transition would create “a tax on people who don’t pay attention,” calling it a “blatant money grab by Democrat leadership.”

“We shouldn’t be forcing people to pay for a park pass they don’t even know they’re receiving and may never use. The governor is trying to bankroll her liberal agenda on the backs of working-class folks who won’t see the hit coming,” said Borton

Of course they're going to say it's a blatant money grab by evil democrats, but he's not wrong about people not paying attention and neglecting to opt out.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-03-12, 10:48

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Of course they're going to say it's a blatant money grab by evil democrats, but he's not wrong about people not paying attention and neglecting to opt out.
I agree with that.. America is a stupid country.

I just got a kick out of the alarmist language of "the libruls are gonna use your money that you're too stupid to know they're taking to suck babies out of women at Jiffy Lube" rhetoric.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-03-12, 11:10

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I agree with that.. America is a stupid country.

I just got a kick out of the alarmist language of "the libruls are gonna use your money that you're too stupid to know they're taking to suck babies out of women at Jiffy Lube" rhetoric.

During the "Thanks Obama" years I use to joke that Obama could provide a way for every American to receive $1,000,000 with absolutely ZERO consequences and people would be against it.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-03-12, 11:25

Locals here are losing their minds over a solar farm in Presque isle county. Clutching their pearls over ruining the natural beauty of the area. Putting together signatures to get on the ballot and stopping the project that was approved by the legislature and signed by Whitmer.  

I’ve mentioned a couple times that the people have spoke already on this when we had our election for governor. elections have consequences. Maybe don’t run a ding bat candidate against Whitmer. Also asked where my drill drill drill friends are at? Probably should have imcluded a fuck your feelings adder.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-03-12, 11:35

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

We have always signed up. I agree that making it opt out is tone deaf.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and Robert J Sakimano like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-03-12, 11:39

kingstonlake wrote:Locals here are losing their minds over a solar farm in Presque isle county. Clutching their pearls over ruining the natural beauty of the area. Putting together signatures to get on the ballot and stopping the project that was approved by the legislature and signed by Whitmer.  

I’ve mentioned a couple times that the people have spoke already on this when we had our election for governor. elections have consequences. Maybe don’t run a ding bat candidate against Whitmer. Also asked where my drill drill drill friends are at? Probably should have imcluded a fuck your feelings adder.

I'm going to say, since most people don't face the situation, that mining or drilling for oil and gas, both of which cause more damage than a solar farm, are already tilted in favor of the corporations in very big ways. If these people want to clutch their pearls they should start with these issues and not solar farms.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-03-12, 11:56

kingstonlake wrote:Locals here are losing their minds over a solar farm in Presque isle county. Clutching their pearls over ruining the natural beauty of the area. Putting together signatures to get on the ballot and stopping the project that was approved by the legislature and signed by Whitmer.  

it's almost like they're not really interested in policy, rational debate, respectful discourse.

they've been conditioned by their party and the mainstream media to not only be oppositional to everything, but to be angry, disrespectful and, at times, violent while doing it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-03-18, 13:14

Wait a second here... Which bar did Duffy run again?

Whitmer also mentioned California Gov. Gavin Newsom, "who is as California as I am Michigan." While he "got caught violating COVID orders at the French Laundry," a well-known and respected restaurant in northern California, "I got caught pushing tables together at the Landshark," a reference to a sports bar in East Lansing. "But I got to tell you, their fried pickle chips are divine!"

Whitmer Gridiron Speech...

In front of Biden and everyone. Lol
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-03-19, 08:08

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Wait a second here... Which bar did Duffy run again?

Whitmer also mentioned California Gov. Gavin Newsom, "who is as California as I am Michigan." While he "got caught violating COVID orders at the French Laundry," a well-known and respected restaurant in northern California, "I got caught pushing tables together at the Landshark," a reference to a sports bar in East Lansing. "But I got to tell you, their fried pickle chips are divine!"

That press club dinner is supposed to be full of politicians using that type of humor, or are you just questioning which bar she was at when they pushed the tables together?

It was the same dinner where Biden said "In this presidential race there is one candidate who is too old and confused and I am the other candidate."
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-03-19, 08:15

just read the article.. Gretchen Whitmer? - Page 18 502811600

my god, you know she drives the right wing, women-hating republican/libertarians absolutely insane. Gretchen Whitmer? - Page 18 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-03-19, 08:30

Trapper Gus wrote:

That press club dinner is supposed to be full of politicians using that type of humor, or are you just questioning which bar she was at when they pushed the tables together?

It was the same dinner where Biden said "In this presidential race there is one candidate who is too old and confused and I am the other candidate."
I think its kind of hilarious that the political elite of this country heard a story about drinking in the landshark.
All it missed was a sharkbowl reference.

My northern California Spartan sister thought this was the best thing ever.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-03-19, 08:31

Also that the porn monitoring software Johnson uses is from Owosso. 😆
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-03-19, 08:45

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Also that the porn monitoring software Johnson uses is from Owosso. 😆
I wonder if he uses it on all of his mistresses, too?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2024-04-05, 14:48

Whitmer to publish book, ‘True Gretch’ in July, confirming earlier reports

Publisher Simon & Schuster announced Friday that it would be publishing, “True Gretch: What I’ve Learned About Life, Leadership, and Everything in Between,” an account from Gov. Gretchen Whitmer of her life and career as a lawyer, legislator and election as governor of Michigan.

Gearing up for 2028. She's going to have to publish 2-3 more before then.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, AvgMSUJoe and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-04-05, 15:16

The gov better be prepared to have every cell of her being investigated by national journalists and worse—the GOP oppo squad funded by billionaires who absolutely love destroying Dem dreams. It won’t be anything like the mild Michigan research, either.
I’d never tolerate or make it through such an invasion.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-05, 17:20

Things like she refused to nap during nap time in kindergarten no doubt. /s
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-04-06, 07:41

Wasn't her dad uber R bigwig from the insurance industry?
Skeleton s in that closet?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-06, 07:46

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Wasn't her dad uber R bigwig from the insurance industry?
Skeleton s in that closet?

Rumors reported that he was (or is) an insurance company (BCBS) executive and there were rumblings about the new auto insurance laws being "kind" to the insurance companies. What party he claims alliance too ...?

Big Gretch has always been a Democratic in elected office, and has the history of being in the legislature, including minority leader, until she was term limited out, so don't see that as real dirt that would stick.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-16, 09:18

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-government/whitmer-worth-23-million-new-michigan-disclosure-filings-lack-details
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2024-04-16, 09:26

Trapper Gus wrote:https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-government/whitmer-worth-23-million-new-michigan-disclosure-filings-lack-details

Dang! She sure did get lucky!
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-16, 09:29

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-government/whitmer-worth-23-million-new-michigan-disclosure-filings-lack-details

Yes, she did, and that disclosure is incomplete.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2024-04-16, 09:31

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

It's amazing - a true statistical anomaly - how many politicians get lucky like that.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-16, 09:33

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

It's amazing - a true statistical anomaly - how many politicians get lucky like that.

Gretchen Whitmer? - Page 18 2102841802 Gretchen Whitmer? - Page 18 2743283739 Gretchen Whitmer? - Page 18 2275418548
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18