Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..

+22
NigelUno
Tim Wakefield
Robert J Sakimano
Heat Miser
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
Jake from State Farm
Rocinante
AvgMSUJoe
Cameron
GRR Spartan
msugolfguy
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
Dendrobates
Dr. Strangelove
InTenSity
DWags
26 posters

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 19 Empty Re: tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..

Post by kingstonlake Wed 16 Dec 2020 - 8:58

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ocasio-cortez-takes-direct-shot-at-pelosi-and-schumer/ar-BB1bYKiJ?li=BBnbfcL

Sigh.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 19 Empty Re: tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..

Post by steveschneider Wed 16 Dec 2020 - 9:06

kingstonlake wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ocasio-cortez-takes-direct-shot-at-pelosi-and-schumer/ar-BB1bYKiJ?li=BBnbfcL

Sigh.

She’s probably just trying to win back the Jimmy Dore crowd.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed 16 Dec 2020 - 9:32

kingstonlake wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ocasio-cortez-takes-direct-shot-at-pelosi-and-schumer/ar-BB1bYKiJ?li=BBnbfcL

Sigh.

Millennial says she knows better than baby boomers. Rinse. Repeat.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 16 Dec 2020 - 9:39

She didn’t say anything that Nancy pelosi didn’t already say herself 2 years ago

https://www.rollcall.com/2018/12/12/pelosi-agrees-to-deal-limiting-her-speakership-to-4-years/

Boomers blindly blaming millennials for things that they themselves did. Rinse. Repeat.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 16 Dec 2020 - 9:46

IMO in 2022 it's probably time to put her claims to test. Hand the justice dem wing and their consulting firms five districts or so the dems traditionally lose and see what they can do with them. Let them groom the candidates, do their Facebook Marketing strategies she's always bragging about, guide the messaging etc. Lets see their work I'm genuinely curious.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed 16 Dec 2020 - 12:07

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:She didn’t say anything that Nancy pelosi didn’t already say herself 2 years ago

https://www.rollcall.com/2018/12/12/pelosi-agrees-to-deal-limiting-her-speakership-to-4-years/

Boomers blindly blaming millennials for things that they themselves did. Rinse. Repeat.

I'm not a boomer, travis. And I didn't say she was wrong, or blame her, or anything. Just making a joke about the millenial-boomer feud.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 16 Dec 2020 - 12:26

It's kinda funny that this thread started off being about the GOP's obsession with AOC, but now it's pretty much all about moderate Democrats' obsession with AOC.

tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 19 04825c7aada273124df4be0fc3e7f1b9b2a8004af0777c9ddfd24f5993a140fe_1
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 16 Dec 2020 - 12:35

Cameron wrote:It's kinda funny that this thread started off being about the GOP's obsession with AOC, but now it's pretty much all about moderate Democrats' obsession with AOC.

tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 19 04825c7aada273124df4be0fc3e7f1b9b2a8004af0777c9ddfd24f5993a140fe_1

I guess I could have started a new thread but decided to put it in a thread mainly about her.

I'm truly sorry Cam if you you think that's an obsession. In the future I'll try to avoid posting newsworthy articles about a freshman Rep who likes to make news.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 16 Dec 2020 - 12:42

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:She didn’t say anything that Nancy pelosi didn’t already say herself 2 years ago

I'm not a boomer, travis. And I didn't say she was wrong, or blame her, or anything. Just making a joke about the millenial-boomer feud.

Boomer is a state of mind, not an age miami.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 16 Dec 2020 - 12:53

kingstonlake wrote:
Cameron wrote:It's kinda funny that this thread started off being about the GOP's obsession with AOC, but now it's pretty much all about moderate Democrats' obsession with AOC.

I guess I could have started a new thread but decided to put it in a thread mainly about her.

I'm truly sorry Cam if you you think that's an obsession. In the future I'll try to avoid posting newsworthy articles about a freshman Rep who likes to make news.
No apologies needed, you put the link in the right spot. I'm just making an observation.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 16 Dec 2020 - 13:33

The establishment democrats would rather lose elections than allow progressives to run the party. They claim to be afraid of ideological purity tests taking over the party as it did the republicans, but they’re really afraid of losing the donor class.

Fuck the Democratic Party.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 16 Dec 2020 - 13:35

how about "a thread for people who whine about strong women with opinions"..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 16 Dec 2020 - 13:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:how about "a thread for people who whine about strong women with opinions"..

And you can bump it everytime you baselessly accuse a conservative woman of having had multiple abortions because she expresses beliefs and opinions with which you disagree.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed 16 Dec 2020 - 14:17

Rocinante wrote:The establishment democrats would rather lose elections than allow progressives to run the party. They claim to be afraid of ideological purity tests taking over the party as it did the republicans, but they’re really afraid of losing the donor class.

Fuck the Democratic Party.

And you think the party being dominated by the progressives would win them more victories? 3-4% on the far left? The middle in this country represents 40-50% of the electorate, so how would a progressive dominant party appeal to them?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 16 Dec 2020 - 14:29

I think the rest would mostly come along. If it’s purely a numbers game, the “middle” of the party is going to generally vote Democrat anyway. The “left” of the party will happily watch the party whither and die. They are often young and idealistic. They would rather not vote than support the status quo. I don’t make a value judgement about that. Should they just bear down and vote for the less terrible? I haven’t lived their lives, so I don’t know. Lord knows I have done that many times. What we know for sure is a strongman who says only I can fix it is alluring to many who would rather vote dem. We can see it in the numbers. The excitement in the Latino and Latina community for Bernie and the crossover to trump. POCs are a big part of the future of politics in this country, whether they vote or don’t. Democrats will lose perpetually if they keep telling them to be patient. They’re done with that.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 16 Dec 2020 - 14:31

Similar to how Trump had an unfavorable rating of something like 70% with registered republicans during the 2016 primary. They all came along eventually didn’t they. Most people are sheep. All along the ideological spectrum.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 16 Dec 2020 - 14:46

AOC: WE NEED NEW LEADERSHIP! DEMS HAVE DONE A HORRIBLE JOB GROOMING YOUNGER PEOPLE IN THE PARTY!!!

Also AOC:

tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 19 2523bc10
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 16 Dec 2020 - 15:04

Was it someone in this thread that stated the moderate dems are putting up a tougher fight against the progressives, than they are against the republicans?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 16 Dec 2020 - 15:27

Cameron wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:how about "a thread for people who whine about strong women with opinions"..

And you can bump it everytime you baselessly accuse a conservative woman of having had multiple abortions because she expresses beliefs and opinions with which you disagree.
the context of this makes it sound like abortions are bad..?

regardless, yes, I (and everyone else) can voice my opinions. tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 19 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 16 Dec 2020 - 17:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Cameron wrote:

regardless, yes, I (and everyone else) can voice my opinions. tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 19 969504605
Yes, that does seem to be the implication everytime you level that accusation.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed 16 Dec 2020 - 17:52

Rocinante wrote:I think the rest would mostly come along. If it’s purely a numbers game, the “middle” of the party is going to generally vote Democrat anyway. The “left” of the party will happily watch the party whither and die. They are often young and idealistic. They would rather not vote than support the status quo. I don’t make a value judgement about that. Should they just bear down and vote for the less terrible? I haven’t lived their lives, so I don’t know. Lord knows I have done that many times. What we know for sure is a strongman who says only I can fix it is alluring to many who would rather vote dem. We can see it in the numbers. The excitement in the Latino and Latina community for Bernie and the crossover to trump. POCs are a big part of the future of politics in this country, whether they vote or don’t. Democrats will lose perpetually if they keep telling them to be patient. They’re done with that.

Yeah, the middle of the Dem party would go along with it, but you need the middle of the country. 40-50% of the country is neither Dem nor Rep. Even if you want to say that as little as 10% don't even lean one way or the other at all, that's still enough to swing any election. So if you have a progressive, sure, they'll bring along all 25-30% of the electorate that are Dems. Maybe they'll bring along another 3-4% of the green party. But a progressive is more likely to push the middle of the country to the Republican candidate, barring an especially bad R candidate and/or the party staying as a full on whacked out conspiracy movement.

Having said that, IF the political middle of the country is disgusted enough at the behavior of Trump and his cronies, especially post-election, then anyone the Dems trot out, progressive or not, should be able to capture them. But people have short memories, and 4 years is a long way away, so who knows.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Rocinante likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 16 Dec 2020 - 18:15

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I think the rest would mostly come along. If it’s purely a numbers game, the “middle” of the party is going to generally vote Democrat anyway. The “left” of the party will happily watch the party whither and die. They are often young and idealistic. They would rather not vote than support the status quo. I don’t make a value judgement about that. Should they just bear down and vote for the less terrible? I haven’t lived their lives, so I don’t know. Lord knows I have done that many times. What we know for sure is a strongman who says only I can fix it is alluring to many who would rather vote dem. We can see it in the numbers. The excitement in the Latino and Latina community for Bernie and the crossover to trump. POCs are a big part of the future of politics in this country, whether they vote or don’t. Democrats will lose perpetually if they keep telling them to be patient. They’re done with that.

Yeah, the middle of the Dem party would go along with it, but you need the middle of the country. 40-50% of the country is neither Dem nor Rep. Even if you want to say that as little as 10% don't even lean one way or the other at all, that's still enough to swing any election. So if you have a progressive, sure, they'll bring along all 25-30% of the electorate that are Dems. Maybe they'll bring along another 3-4% of the green party. But a progressive is more likely to push the middle of the country to the Republican candidate, barring an especially bad R candidate and/or the party staying as a full on whacked out conspiracy movement.

Having said that, IF the political middle of the country is disgusted enough at the behavior of Trump and his cronies, especially post-election, then anyone the Dems trot out, progressive or not, should be able to capture them. But people have short memories, and 4 years is a long way away, so who knows.

Jimmy Carter approves this message
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 16 Dec 2020 - 18:16

InTenSity wrote:Was it someone in this thread that stated the moderate dems are putting up a tougher fight against the progressives, than they are against the republicans?

That sounds like something I would say but I don’t think I did.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 17 Dec 2020 - 6:34

Cameron wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

our perception is our reality.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu 17 Dec 2020 - 6:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Cameron wrote:
our perception is our reality.

How very Trumpian of you.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 17 Dec 2020 - 7:43

She's probably right about looking at new leadership. But for what reason? Is it age? Might be since she's talking about "younger Dems". But she's unwavering in her support of 80 year old Bernie Sanders. Or is that ok because he's your progressive choice? Which is really what it's all about in my opinion. Maybe she should concentrate on her seat and not demanding an overhaul of the party. Granted she won 71% of her highly Dem district. But in 2018 she got 78% of the vote and her republican opponent got 13%. This year she got 71% and the republican nominee got 27%..... So maybe A little perspective is in order for her.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 17 Dec 2020 - 8:06

kingstonlake wrote:She's probably right about looking at new leadership. But for what reason? Is it age? Might be since she's talking about "younger Dems". But she's unwavering in her support of 80 year old Bernie Sanders. Or is that ok because he's your progressive choice? Which is really what it's all about in my opinion. Maybe she should concentrate on her seat and not demanding an overhaul of the party. Granted she won 71% of her highly Dem district. But in 2018 she got 78% of the vote and her republican opponent got 13%. This year she got 71% and the republican nominee got 27%..... So maybe A little perspective is in order for her.

I stand by it put their ideas to the test give them a few districts or races Dems typically lose and let’s see what they got. My main issue with AOC is I think she’s divisive and can’t build a winning coalition.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 17 Dec 2020 - 8:28

It’s also about the fact that pelosi and schummer have been in party leadership for a very very long time with, at best, (again at very very best, I could say a lot worse) spotty success records.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 17 Dec 2020 - 8:39

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:It’s also about the fact that pelosi and schummer have been in party leadership for a very very long time with, at best, (again at very very best, I could say a lot worse) spotty success records.

Agree. their success at times seems dependant on R fuck ups. Probably common across party lines. For me it's mostly age. And when Feinsteins own people are sounding the alarm on her......
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 17 Dec 2020 - 9:26

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: our perception is our reality.

How very Trumpian of you.
you're welcome. tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 19 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu 17 Dec 2020 - 11:36

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:It’s also about the fact that pelosi and schummer have been in party leadership for a very very long time with, at best, (again at very very best, I could say a lot worse) spotty success records.
Everyone who really runs this country is in their 70s or 80s. It's so dumb. Have these old motherfuckers never heard of retirement? Do they all wanna go out like RBG? Just die in office and get replaced by whatever cretin is in a position to nominate your replacement?

Fucking boomers...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu 17 Dec 2020 - 12:03

Anytime Ocasio-Cortez makes a public statement and especially if it’s recorded on video it’s raw meat for OANN, FoxNews, Breitbart to entrench her as the enemy of the people. They are all working hard to make sure she takes Hillary Clinton’s place as the most “dangerous woman in America”
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 17 Dec 2020 - 12:06

Saw that Jimmy Dore and Kyle Kolinski are upset with AOC,

If Krystal Ball, Taibbi and Glenn Greenwald start to express their usual brand of disgust with her I"m going to get on board and become a fan. Those pukes are great indicators of who's doing something good.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 17 Dec 2020 - 12:24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64A7A8QWDNc

Well just waiting on Taibbi and Glenn Greenwald.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu 17 Dec 2020 - 12:25

tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 19 XQjrT
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 17 Dec 2020 - 12:41

Glenn Greenwald is a Russian asset, steve
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 17 Dec 2020 - 12:59

Cameron wrote:tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 19 XQjrT

I'm just glad the usual DNC circular firing squad is happening off in one corner among the fringe.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu 17 Dec 2020 - 13:24

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 19 XQjrT

I'm just glad the usual DNC circular firing squad is happening off in one corner among the fringe.
You seem to expect monolithic unanimity among all elements of the left. That is asinine. Some people disagree with the tactics AOC and others are employing here, and they're saying so. Characterizing that as a circular firing squad is a bit dramatic. Are they calling for her job? Do they want her cancelled? Or are they simply suggesting that a different course of action might have a better outcome?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 17 Dec 2020 - 14:02

GRR Spartan wrote:Anytime Ocasio-Cortez makes a public statement and especially if it’s recorded on video it’s raw meat for OANN, FoxNews, Breitbart to entrench her as the enemy of the people. They are all working hard to make sure she takes Hillary Clinton’s place as the most “dangerous woman in America”
yep - took the mainstream media 30 years of diligence to marginalize Hillary Clinton so that the knuckle-draggin' misogynist right could froth at the mouth every day of their pathetic lives at the thought of a successful female... they're doing the same thing with AOC.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 17 Dec 2020 - 14:05

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

You seem to expect monolithic unanimity among all elements of the left. That is asinine. Some people disagree with the tactics AOC and others are employing here, and they're saying so. Characterizing that as a circular firing squad is a bit dramatic. Are they calling for her job? Do they want her cancelled? Or are they simply suggesting that a different course of action might have a better outcome?

Looks to me like an angry washed up male comedian barking at a woman telling her what to do.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next