Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

+28
MattyFresh
AvgMSUJoe
Motown Spartan
MSU addict
CORNER BLITZ
Banks2Mason
Cameron
Nordic
tGreenWay
Floyd Robertson
WhiteBoyHatcher
y2kMgrad
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
MiamiSpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
Heat Miser
duffy munn
Death Roe
TheReal_LWS
Jake from State Farm
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
Dr. Strangelove
The Pantry
aualum06
DWags
32 posters

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 20 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

Post by tGreenWay 2021-01-30, 22:53

kingstonlake wrote:Also there’s no guarantee a bottom 5 first round pick will pan out. You know what will pan out? Goff having arguably the worst contract in football.

Goff isn’t the future of DET Lions football. He’s the bridge until the next guy is ready in a couple of years.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 20 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

Post by tGreenWay 2021-01-30, 23:03

Rocinante wrote:Did Stafford have leverage on where he went?

I wondered the same thing. Regardless, he’s probably pretty freaking happy about being in LA w/his buddy Kershaw. His shallow as shit wife will fit right in w/the LA crowd.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-01-30, 23:06

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 20 502811600 Kingston is having a stoops-level meltdown. tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 20 1966794946
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-01-30, 23:10

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Also there’s no guarantee a bottom 5 first round pick will pan out. You know what will pan out? Goff having arguably the worst contract  in football.

Goff isn’t the future of DET Lions football. He’s the bridge until the next guy is ready in a couple of years.

Right. That’s why you don’t trade for him and his shitty contract with mediocre results. I’m gonna hold out hope  that this is a chess move to move Goff. lol!

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2021-01-30, 23:59

You guys have such a hard on for Stafford's wife

Wonder if Goff's girl will like the move
[ig]CHqQMpjgYtM[/ig]
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-01-31, 00:19

The one positive the Lions got out of the trade was swiftly moving an unhappy player off the roster.

The story that Stafford wanted out of Detroit and the Lions were willing to trade him broke after 5:00 PM EST on Jan 23 and the Lions traded him 8 days later.  

Don't think the Lions are getting a pig in a poke with this trade. Lions GM Holmes was the Rams Director of Scouting when the Rams got Goff with the first pick of the 2016 draft.

Goff is probably having a North Dallas 40 moment.  The game is a business and for the first time in his life he's having to leave California.

PS
Goff should have enough cash to keep his LA area home and the girlfriend happy.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-01-31, 00:47

CORNER BLITZ wrote:You guys have such a hard on for Stafford's wife

[ig]CHqQMpjgYtM[/ig]

I would be happy to give her a tour of southeast lower Michigan while Goff is studying his new playbook. tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 20 2175295500
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-01-31, 01:33

The Lions culture will make Goff worse. The Rams will finish top 4 in the league the next few years and the Lions will spend the late first rounders on Tight Ends. Stafford wins a Super Bowl. The End.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, The Pantry, duffy munn, AvgMSUJoe, Turtleneck, steveschneider, Jake from State Farm and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-01-31, 03:40

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The Lions culture will make Goff worse. The Rams will finish top 4 in the league the next few years and the Lions will spend the late first rounders on Tight Ends. Stafford wins a Super Bowl. The End.

That’s a beautiful story. Tell it again, daddy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-01-31, 08:34

[ig]CHqQMpjgYtM[/ig]

Em, I don't know who won in the trade between quarterbacks, but I'm just gonna say the lions won in the trade between hot girls
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-01-31, 08:46

DWags wrote:

[ig]CHqQMpjgYtM[/ig]

Em, I don't know who won in the trade between quarterbacks, but I'm just gonna say the lions won in the trade between hot girls

Absolutely!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-01-31, 09:24

kingstonlake wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Goff doesn't suck as bad as signing someone of the scrap heap

The idea is to suck. Not sorta suck. Goff isn’t a franchise QB. You only get so many chances for a franchise QB. Sorta sucking won’t help.

You mean suck enough to get the #1 pick overall and draft a franchise QB like...

Stafford or Goff?  

Most Lions fans have complained about Stafford for years.  Getting Goff, 2 1st round, and a 3rd round pick seems like a pretty good return.  

And the Lions could still be in position to draft a QB this year (if Wilson or Fields is available) or in 2022.  Or if they're not sold on Wilson or Fields, they could trade down for more picks this year.  Or they could trade up for either of those guys using the Rams picks.  

Trade could be a win/win for both teams.

I think I've covered all the options.  You're welcome.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-01-31, 09:31

NigelUno wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

The idea is to suck. Not sorta suck. Goff isn’t a franchise QB. You only get so many chances for a franchise QB. Sorta sucking won’t help.

You mean suck enough to get the #1 pick overall and draft a franchise QB like...

Stafford or Goff?  

Most Lions fans have complained about Stafford for years.  Getting Goff, 2 1st round, and a 3rd round pick seems like a pretty good return.  

And the Lions could still be in position to draft a QB this year (if Wilson or Fields is available) or in 2022.  Or if they're not sold on Wilson or Fields, they could trade down for more picks this year.  Or they could trade up for either of those guys using the Rams picks.  

Lions anger towards Stafford always puzzled me and seemed misguided. He was not the problem.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-01-31, 09:44

NigelUno wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Stafford or Goff?  

The failure wasn’t in drafting the consensus best QB in the draft, Nigel.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-01-31, 10:24

kingstonlake wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Stafford or Goff?  

An NFL team can succeed without drafting the consensus best QB, right?

And you said Goff wasn't a franchise QB...are you now arguing he was when he was drafted?

That's my point.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-01-31, 10:26

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Stafford or Goff?  

Lions anger towards Stafford always puzzled me and seemed misguided. He was not the problem.

People always blame the QB. Rams seem to think he's OK. He might light it up in LA.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-01-31, 10:44

NigelUno wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

And you said Goff wasn't a franchise QB...are you now arguing he was when he was drafted?

That's my point.

Sigh. Enjoy your Sunday Nigel.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-01-31, 10:49

Kingston and Steve are in sync today. tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 20 502811600 tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 20 2809484752
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-01-31, 11:00

I don’t really understand how anyone could think this is a bad trade for the lions outside of the reflexive “the lions did it so it’s bad” which is pretty boring. They got a guy who probably sucks and is being paid too much money for two years. If he doesn’t continue to suck, great, but when he most likely does suck then you have two years worth of having two first round picks to replace him either with your own high pick (on account of the sucking) or to trade up and get who you want since again, you have 4 first rounders over two years. The money is pretty whatever because again, it’s two years where you’re going to be miserable anyway. What’s the problem with this?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-01-31, 11:27

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I don’t really understand how anyone could think this is a bad trade for the lions outside of the reflexive “the lions did it so it’s bad” which is pretty boring. They got a guy who probably sucks and is being paid too much money for two years. If he doesn’t continue to suck, great, but when he most likely does suck then you have two years worth of having two first round picks to replace him either with your own high pick (on account of the sucking) or to trade up and get who you want since again, you have 4 first rounders over two years. The money is pretty whatever because again, it’s two years where you’re going to be miserable anyway. What’s the problem with this?

My only question would be: why does a franchise want to get rid of a qb like Goff? Not only get rid of him but are so happy to, they’ll gladly sweeten the deal for a QB that doesn’t have a lot of tread left ? What are we missing? Attitude in locker room? If I’m the lions, I’m still looking for a QB.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-01-31, 11:29

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I don’t really understand how anyone could think this is a bad trade for the lions outside of the reflexive “the lions did it so it’s bad” which is pretty boring. They got a guy who probably sucks and is being paid too much money for two years. If he doesn’t continue to suck, great, but when he most likely does suck then you have two years worth of having two first round picks to replace him either with your own high pick (on account of the sucking) or to trade up and get who you want since again, you have 4 first rounders over two years. The money is pretty whatever because again, it’s two years where you’re going to be miserable anyway. What’s the problem with this?

I think it's the "lions did it so it's bad" thing, travis
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-01-31, 11:34

DWags wrote:

My only question would be: why does a franchise want to get rid of a qb like Goff? Not only get rid of him but are so happy to, they’ll gladly sweeten the deal for a QB that doesn’t have a lot of tread left ? What are we missing? Attitude in locker room? If I’m the lions, I’m still looking for a QB.

I guess we’ll find out, but as long as they aren’t looking at this thinking that he’ll be the starter in 2025 then it doesn’t really matter. He’ll only be the starter at that point if he proves himself to be way better than we expect, which would mean that we swapped like for like quarterbacks and got 3 quality picks on top of it. Which won’t happen and that’s fine.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-01-31, 11:37

Essentially the Lions are the same team they were 24 hours ago with two extra late late first round picks, an average former #1 overall pick QB with a bad contract that a playoff team with an awesome defense didn’t want. LOL.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-01-31, 11:38

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Yeah, why would that idea carry any weight.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-01-31, 11:44

kingstonlake wrote:Essentially the Lions are the same team they were 24 hours ago with two extra late late first round picks, an average former #1 overall pick QB with a bad contract that a playoff team with an awesome defense didn’t want. LOL.

That description makes it an absolutely phenomenal trade then. You’re the same team you were but now you have two extra assets? Great.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-01-31, 11:48

kingstonlake wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Yeah, why would that idea carry any weight.

Have to admit I thought of the negative before I thought of the positive. You get the kick to the groin enough you’re gun shy. At some point they will make great moves. They have a ton of currency with those draft picks.

I look at it this way. Out of their three best offensive players in the last decade or so, they got a crap ton more for Stanford than they did for Sanders or Johnson.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-01-31, 12:12

Jared Goff-Matthew Stafford trade: Using NBA-style blueprint, Rams showed how to jettison massive franchise QB mistake
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2021-01-31, 12:53

Stafford said anywhere but new England
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-01-31, 14:59

The Pantry wrote:Jared Goff-Matthew Stafford trade: Using NBA-style blueprint, Rams showed how to jettison massive franchise QB mistake

So explain how the Lions got fleeced?

They picked up a QB 5 years younger plus a 3rd pick for 2021 and 1st rd picks for 2022 and 2023.

Here’s how CBS Dan Schneider sees it and the Lions don’t come out with the short stick in his view, especially after 2 seasons. Lions A. Rams B-

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/matthew-stafford-trade-grades-rams-continue-unique-strategy-lions-land-multiple-premium-picks-and-jared-goff/
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-01-31, 15:26

^^^ Who said the Lions got fleeced? Don't shoot the messenger. I'm okay with the trade. Still think a QB should be #1 priority in the coming draft.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-01-31, 15:46

kingstonlake wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

That's my point.

Sigh. Enjoy your Sunday Nigel.

Obviously your opinion is the right one.

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 20 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-01-31, 17:27

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Essentially the Lions are the same team they were 24 hours ago with two extra late late first round picks, an average former #1 overall pick QB with a bad contract that a playoff team with an awesome defense didn’t want. LOL.

That description makes it an absolutely phenomenal trade then. You’re the same team you were but now you have two extra assets? Great.

I don’t agree. You added two future late first round picks AND two years of a guaranteed crappy contract. The two picks were add ons because his contract is so bad. You have to look beyond the picks.

If they can dump Goff then I’d say it’s a good move.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-01-31, 17:50

This is good for the Lions. You are wrong, Kingston. You are getting pretty close to the city limits of Steville. You don't want to go to Steville, Kingston.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos, Cameron, Other Teams Pursuing That and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-01-31, 17:59

Package Goff, the picks, and their own 1st rounder for Watson.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

CORNER BLITZ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-01-31, 18:10

I'd like to know what role the Rams director of college scouting played in evaluating and drafting the overall number one pick that the Rams no longer want and grossly over paid for....Wink That dude is gonna have a hard time getting a job...

Y'all been lionized. Lol
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-01-31, 18:38

Heat Miser wrote:Package Goff, the picks, and their own 1st rounder for Watson.

Rather get Holmes.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-01-31, 18:46

Turtleneck wrote:

Rather get Holmes.

He good?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-01-31, 18:49

Turtleneck wrote:

Rather get Holmes.

Who?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-01-31, 18:51

kingstonlake wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Rather get Holmes.

He good?

There is no defense he can’t figure out.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2021-01-31, 18:52

kingstonlake wrote:
I'd like to know what role the Rams director of college scouting played in evaluating and drafting the overall number one pick that the Rams no longer want and grossly over paid for....Wink That dude is gonna have a hard time getting a job...

Y'all been lionized. Lol

So they should have made a shittier deal. Got it
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next