Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

+28
MattyFresh
AvgMSUJoe
Motown Spartan
MSU addict
CORNER BLITZ
Banks2Mason
Cameron
Nordic
tGreenWay
Floyd Robertson
WhiteBoyHatcher
y2kMgrad
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
MiamiSpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
Heat Miser
duffy munn
Death Roe
TheReal_LWS
Jake from State Farm
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
Dr. Strangelove
The Pantry
aualum06
DWags
32 posters

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 21 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 31 Jan 2021 - 22:07

kingstonlake wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

That description makes it an absolutely phenomenal trade then. You’re the same team you were but now you have two extra assets? Great.

I don’t agree. You added two future late first round picks AND two years of a guaranteed crappy contract. The two picks were add ons because his contract is so bad. You have to look beyond the picks.

If they can dump Goff then I’d say it’s a good move.

Who gives a shit about the contract? It’s two years. It doesn’t matter.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 21 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

Post by aualum06 Sun 31 Jan 2021 - 22:11

kingstonlake wrote:

I don’t agree. You added two future late first round picks AND two years of a guaranteed crappy contract. The two picks were add ons because his contract is so bad. You have to look beyond the picks.

Worst thing they could do is compete next year unless goff plays at an mvp level for the next 7-8 years in a lions uniform
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun 31 Jan 2021 - 22:12

kingstonlake wrote:

Ok, Matt Millen. Rolling Eyes
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 31 Jan 2021 - 22:13

aualum06 wrote:

Worst thing they could do is compete next year unless goff plays at an mvp level for the next 7-8 years in a lions uniform

That’s literally worst case scenario here, that he’s good but not great and wins 6-7 games.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 31 Jan 2021 - 22:15

aualum06 wrote:

That’s literally worst case scenario here, that he’s good but not great and wins 6-7 games.

As awful as the talent is I'm not sure rodgers would win more than 5 next year.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 31 Jan 2021 - 22:42

Heat Miser wrote:Package Goff, the picks, and their own 1st rounder for Watson.

IMO, that’s giving up too much when there’s so much else needed on the team, even if it’s a superstar QB. Move Goff w/one of the new R-1 picks if the contract is too much or he’s a problem, but the Lions need higher quality talent pretty much everywhere. Hell, I’d consider the two LA first rounders as high second rounders and look beyond skill positions, since the very best players will be gone, anyway. Get the unsexy but necessary picks and they’ll be around for 8-10 or more years.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 31 Jan 2021 - 22:45

kingstonlake wrote:

Steve-level logic.
Stoops-level meltdown.
Mods, please change Kingston’s screen name to
Steve Stoops. Thanks.

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 21 2809484752
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 31 Jan 2021 - 23:07

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Steve-level logic.
Stoops-level meltdown.
Mods, please change Kingston’s screen name to
Steve Stoops. Thanks.

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 21 2809484752

I don't see how Kingston recovers from this. #deathblow #eviscerated #kingstongone #GWFTW
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 31 Jan 2021 - 23:22

Appears that the rams approached the packers first.

Rams wanted Rodgers. Approached Green Bay.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 1 Feb 2021 - 9:52

Peter King claims another team was offering two first rounders.

Also Carolina was offering the #8 overall this year and a 3rd rounder.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 1 Feb 2021 - 10:14

God damn I can't wait for the current staff to get fired in three years. The next staff..... that'll be the one that'll get us a playoff win. I can feel it!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and gomersbro like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Mon 1 Feb 2021 - 10:43

I just hope they don’t fuck this up and not draft Fields or Wilson in the first round.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 1 Feb 2021 - 10:46

Motown Spartan wrote:I just hope they don’t fuck this up and not draft Fields or Wilson in the first round.

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 21 1550444538 tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 21 1550444538 tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 21 4198636888

What the Lions thought. New coach Dan Campbell and new GM Brad Holmes had this in common: They both wanted Goff, and not just as a bridge quarterback. As director of college scouting for the Rams when Goff was picked in 2016, Holmes favored him inside the Rams draft room—and still does, I’m told. Campbell, I’m also told, liked Goff not just as a bridge quarterback but as the Lions quarterback of the future.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/31/chiefs-bucs-super-bowl-rams-lions-trade-fmia-peter-king/
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 1 Feb 2021 - 11:02

kingstonlake wrote:Peter King claims another team was offering two first rounders.

Peter King?

This Peter King?

[tw]1355742643591016451[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Mon 1 Feb 2021 - 11:34

People really aren't understanding the value goff brings at a buy low and see what happens
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 1 Feb 2021 - 11:51

NigelUno wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Peter King claims another team was offering two first rounders.

Peter King?

This Peter King?

[tw]1355742643591016451[/tw]

Yes Nigel. That’s the guy. That Peter King. Do you want a hat?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Mon 1 Feb 2021 - 12:16

aualum06 wrote:People really aren't understanding the value goff brings at a buy low and see what happens

His contract is horrible which is why the Rams had to give up the draft picks for Detroit to take his contract.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 1 Feb 2021 - 12:25

Motown Spartan wrote:
aualum06 wrote:People really aren't understanding the value goff brings at a buy low and see what happens

His contract is horrible which is why the Rams had to give up the draft picks for Detroit to take his contract.

If I didn’t know better they paid a supposed premium to unload a bad contract and average player. Boy I hope the guy who evaluated his talent finds work somewhere......
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 1 Feb 2021 - 12:26

kingstonlake wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

If I didn’t know better they paid a supposed premium to unload a bad contract and average player. Boy I hope the guy who evaluated his talent finds work somewhere......

Excellent post, Steve Stoops. tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 21 2809484752
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Mon 1 Feb 2021 - 12:27

Motown Spartan wrote:

It's not that horrible. 2 seasons and he's gone. Gives you two drafts and off-seasons to find your qb
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 1 Feb 2021 - 12:28

Let's weigh reported offers Lions received for quarterback Matthew Stafford

In the end, the Lions got three compelling offers, from Los Angeles, Carolina and Washington. All three would have helped the team, but given the number of roster holes, and the two-to-three-year window the team is looking at for its rebuild, general manager Brad Holmes chose quantity of assets over a single, higher-quality asset.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2021/02/01/weighing-reported-offers-detroit-lions-received-matthew-stafford/4336009001/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Mon 1 Feb 2021 - 12:31

aualum06 wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

It's not that horrible. 2 seasons and he's gone. Gives you two drafts and off-seasons to find your qb

So not even as long as Charlie Batch.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 1 Feb 2021 - 12:47

aualum06 wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

So you think the guy who evaluated his talent and had his former organization draft him, has since been hired as a GM elsewhere, promptly traded for him, has a coach high on him, is gonna move on from him in two years?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Mon 1 Feb 2021 - 12:55

kingstonlake wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

So you think the guy who evaluated his talent and had his former organization draft him, has since been hired as a GM elsewhere, promptly traded for him, has a coach high on him, is gonna move on from him in two years?

Yep
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 1 Feb 2021 - 13:17

I guess I’d rather have the 7th and 8th pick this year without Goff. Sit whomever you draft at QB, You know you’ll suck enough for a top 3 pick next year. I’m not interested in being upper level suck with Goff. Go full suck. Lol
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 1 Feb 2021 - 13:32

kingstonlake wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

The Rams and their Coach were high on Goff 2 years ago...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Mon 1 Feb 2021 - 13:44

kingstonlake wrote:I guess I’d rather have the 7th and 8th pick this year without Goff. Sit whomever you draft at QB, You know you’ll suck enough for a top 3 pick next year. I’m not interested in being upper level suck with Goff. Go full suck. Lol

Franchise qb probably isn't there at 7 or 8 this year. There's one in lawrence this year. Maybe wilson
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

CORNER BLITZ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 1 Feb 2021 - 14:03

aualum06 wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I guess I’d rather have the 7th and 8th pick this year without Goff. Sit whomever you draft at QB, You know you’ll suck enough for a top 3 pick next year. I’m not interested in being upper level suck with Goff. Go full suck. Lol

Franchise qb probably isn't there at 7 or 8 this year. There's one in lawrence this year. Maybe wilson

I think Fields is worth the 7th pick. But then again I thought Heath Shuler was gonna be a great nfl QB.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Mon 1 Feb 2021 - 14:08

I like this trade a lot - for the Lions I would grade it an A+.

Campbell wants to install a run first offense.  Despite what you may think, Goff is tough as hell.  He is not particularly mobile, but is very strong in play action.  He fits perfectly what the Lions want to do on offense.  I think he will thrive being away from McVay's constant micromanaging.

Stafford is a great QB, but he is not the right QB for the offense the Campbell wants to run. 

The Lions got a QB who is significantly younger and and who fits their system better.  Not to mention, two first rounders and a third rounder.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

CORNER BLITZ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Mon 1 Feb 2021 - 15:54

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2021/2/1/22259932/matthew-stafford-trade-details-offers-turned-down-detroit-lions

But more notable for Lions fans, Breer breaks down some exact offers the Lions had on the table. Here’s what he notes about nine different teams interested in Stafford:

• Rams initial offer was a 2022 first-round pick, Goff and an additional pick
  • Washington Football Team offered their first-round pick (19th overall) + a third rounder
  • Carolina Panthers offered their first-round pick (8th overall) + a later pick
  • Indianapolis Colts offered packages of picks and players, but never their first-round pick (21st)
  • San Francisco 49ers never made an official offer, but Breer believes the 12th overall pick was not going to be on the table
  • Broncos discussed a pick-swap equating to a late first-round pick.
  • Patriots and Bears both “checked in.” New England offered a second-round pick and a player
  • Jets also “checked in.” When the Lions approached on Saturday, talks didn’t progress far

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 4 Feb 2021 - 16:55

Hoo-boy, Teddy Bruschi is only a little bit butthurt about Matt Stafford not wanting to play for the Pats. tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 21 502811600

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/04/tedy-bruschi-matthew-stafford-not-tough-enough-to-play-for-the-patriots/amp/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 4 Feb 2021 - 19:35

tGreenWay wrote:Hoo-boy, Teddy Bruschi is only a little bit butthurt about Matt Stafford not wanting to play for the Pats. tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 21 502811600

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/04/tedy-bruschi-matthew-stafford-not-tough-enough-to-play-for-the-patriots/amp/

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 21 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 9 Mar 2021 - 14:30

Lions apparently are not going to franchise Golladay. Gonna save that chedda.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 9 Mar 2021 - 14:50

Good move
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 1 Apr 2021 - 4:21

Apparently, Detroit is considering taking yet another TE in this year’s draft. The difference this time is the player, Kyle Pitts, has excellent speed and lines up at wideout, too.

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2021/03/florida-te-kyle-pitts-blows-up-pro-day-intrigued-by-fit-with-detroit-lions.html?outputType=amp
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 1 Apr 2021 - 9:10

tGreenWay wrote:Apparently, Detroit is considering taking yet another TE in this year’s draft. The difference this time is the player, Kyle Pitts, has excellent speed and lines up at wideout, too.

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2021/03/florida-te-kyle-pitts-blows-up-pro-day-intrigued-by-fit-with-detroit-lions.html?outputType=amp

Welcome to three weeks ago. tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 21 2809484752
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 1 Apr 2021 - 12:06

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Apparently, Detroit is considering taking yet another TE in this year’s draft. The difference this time is the player, Kyle Pitts, has excellent speed and lines up at wideout, too.

Welcome to three weeks ago. tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 21 2809484752

As a former Lions’ fan, it doesn’t bother me learning I’m late to the game. As a current Lions’ fan, the joke is still on you. tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 21 2809484752
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu 6 May 2021 - 18:21

Detroit Lions' Frank Ragnow signs 4-year extension, becomes highest-paid center in NFL
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 20 May 2021 - 0:34

CBS’ Dennis Dodds says the Lions offered ISU’s Matt Campbell an 8 year deal worth $68.5 million, with complete control of the team. He turned it down. Enter Dan Campbell and Brad Holmes.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 20 May 2021 - 6:34

I don’t know mr Campbell #2 but I think that probably worked out for the best.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next