Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Bull shit: Detroit news doing huge expose on Dantonio Blackwell and sex scandal.

+25
I.B. Fine
Rocinante
Travis of the Cosmos
Jake from State Farm
Cameron
Wally Fairway
Floyd Robertson
Death Roe
pulling69
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
Turtleneck
AvgMSUJoe
InTenSity
Heathens '87
Banks2Mason
GRR Spartan
Nordic
Other Teams Pursuing That
steveschneider
NigelUno
kingstonlake
MiamiSpartan
aualum06
DWags
29 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

More Bull shit:  Detroit news doing huge expose on Dantonio Blackwell and sex scandal.  - Page 6 Empty Re: More Bull shit: Detroit news doing huge expose on Dantonio Blackwell and sex scandal.

Post by Banks2Mason 2020-01-30, 07:34

DWags wrote:Yes!! If Roberson is important, this is important. Nail this slime ball thief to a wall. His slime lawyers better hope there is nothing nefarious in these accounts.

Now, in response, Dantonio's lawyers are seeking to depose Blackwell for two more days, 14 hours total, in February, regarding his time at Sound Mound Sound Body.

Dantonio's attorneys have subpoenaed Sound Mind Sound Body records, many of them financial.

******Blackwell's attorneys have objected to the request, calling it irrelevant to the case ******.

Oh really? And Robertson is?

Hopefully we start seeing both sides to this in public.

this is an interesting move. they're essentially pushing back on blackwell to get completely irrelevant info that looks bad for him (and possibly leak it to the press) in order to get him to quit.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

More Bull shit:  Detroit news doing huge expose on Dantonio Blackwell and sex scandal.  - Page 6 Empty Re: More Bull shit: Detroit news doing huge expose on Dantonio Blackwell and sex scandal.

Post by Banks2Mason 2020-01-30, 07:36

kingstonlake wrote:I guess the mediator or judge will rule on whether either situation is relevant to the case. One thing I’m willing to bet on is Robertson attended MSU and Blackwell is a scumbag. If I had to guess I’d guess both sides are trying to establish patterns of behavior and decision making that support each other’s argument while making the other one look bad. It’s a court case. I honestly can’t see why any of this comes as a surprise. They’re ugly.

lol mediator. sure. a judge would and will rule ALL of this shit irrelevant, barring some future surprise, but we're not at that stage. this is all trying it through the media and trying to force a settlement/voluntary dismissal.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-30, 07:42

Banks2Mason wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I guess the mediator or judge will rule on whether either situation is relevant to the case. One thing I’m willing to bet on is Robertson attended MSU and Blackwell is a scumbag. If I had to guess I’d guess both sides are trying to establish patterns of behavior and decision making that support each other’s argument while making the other one look bad. It’s a court case. I honestly can’t see why any of this comes as a surprise. They’re ugly.

lol mediator. sure. a judge would and will rule ALL of this shit irrelevant, barring some future surprise, but we're not at that stage. this is all trying it through the media and trying to force a settlement/voluntary dismissal.

Could Blackwell face any problems if there are things in the sound mind sound body financials that aren’t right? Would Dantonios lawyers or the mediator be obliged to send them on to a prosecutor?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2020-01-30, 07:50

DWags wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:

Could Blackwell face any problems if there are things in the sound mind sound body financials that aren’t right?   Would Dantonios lawyers or the mediator be obliged to send them on to a prosecutor?

"obliged"? no, not really. but if there were improprieties, i'm sure they'd get out and a prosecutor could go after him if they wanted. there's a reason people who get involved in intense lawsuits like this consider (if they have a good lawyer) whether there is shit in their lives they don't want getting out, because discovery can get crazy.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-30, 08:23

Banks2Mason wrote:
DWags wrote:

Could Blackwell face any problems if there are things in the sound mind sound body financials that aren’t right?   Would Dantonios lawyers or the mediator be obliged to send them on to a prosecutor?

"obliged"? no, not really. but if there were improprieties, i'm sure they'd get out and a prosecutor could go after him if they wanted. there's a reason people who get involved in intense lawsuits like this consider (if they have a good lawyer) whether there is shit in their lives they don't want getting out, because discovery can get crazy.

Iv’e read where his attorney has already been fined 10K for breaking rules. I wonder if Blackwell has chosen an attorney who hasn’t thought everything through.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2020-01-30, 08:49

DWags wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:

Iv’e read where his attorney has already been fined 10K for breaking rules. I wonder if Blackwell has chosen an attorney who hasn’t thought everything through.

publicity hound and nothing more. i can't imagine blackwell is actually footing the bill for what would probably six figures in legal fees at this point.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-30, 08:54

Banks2Mason wrote:
DWags wrote:

publicity hound and nothing more. i can't imagine blackwell is actually footing the bill for what would probably six figures in legal fees at this point.

From a friend who worked his camps: It’ll be interesting to see if he even kept track. 😂

Me: ha true

Him: You know there’s going to be the worst cutting and pasting jobs ever for his records.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-01-30, 08:57

So, with all of this happening... Dantonio (the very reason MSU became relevant in football) being under attack from the questionable recruiting center of Detroit talent (and the predictable drop off in D talent committing)... all for following the rules as set by the Nassar deal (with Blackwell not reporting appropriately)... It would really seem shitty to throw Dantonio under the bus at this point in a general sense, regardless of his assistant coaches or really anything that happens on the field.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2020-01-30, 09:05

ything that happens on the field.

AvgMSUJoe
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe wrote:So, with all of this happening... Dantonio (the very reason MSU became relevant in football) being under attack from the questionable recruiting center of Detroit talent (and the predictable drop off in D talent committing)... all for following the rules as set by the Nassar deal (with Blackwell not reporting appropriately)... It would really seem shitty to throw Dantonio under the bus at this point in a general sense, regardless of his assistant coaches or really anything that happens on the field.

what? his product sucks and has for four years. i think the blackwell stuff is bullshit but he doesn't get a free pass for his job performance just bc some asshole sued him.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-30, 09:14

DWags wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:

Could Blackwell face any problems if there are things in the sound mind sound body financials that aren’t right? Would Dantonios lawyers or the mediator be obliged to send them on to a prosecutor?

Sounds like something the IRS might be interested in.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-01-30, 09:44

Banks2Mason wrote:
ything that happens on the field.

AvgMSUJoe
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe wrote:So, with all of this happening... Dantonio (the very reason MSU became relevant in football) being under attack from the questionable recruiting center of Detroit talent (and the predictable drop off in D talent committing)... all for following the rules as set by the Nassar deal (with Blackwell not reporting appropriately)... It would really seem shitty to throw Dantonio under the bus at this point in a general sense, regardless of his assistant coaches or really anything that happens on the field.

what? his product sucks and has for four years. i think the blackwell stuff is bullshit but he doesn't get a free pass for his job performance just bc some asshole sued him.

Apparently millions of dollars upon millions of dollars should just be given away and not come with accountability. Sign me up.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-30, 09:47

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:

Apparently millions of dollars upon millions of dollars should just be given away and not come with accountability. Sign me up.

Like our government doesn’t do that every hour.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-30, 09:48

Banks2Mason wrote:

Are we talking about Harbaugh?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-01-30, 09:51

NigelUno wrote:

He’s the guy consistently winning 9-10 games, i think the guy being discussed wins anywhere from 3-7 depending on the year.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-30, 09:54

NigelUno wrote:

He’s the guy consistently winning 9-10 games, i think the guy being discussed wins anywhere from 3-7 depending on the year.

Do either of them ever win a championship? Both sound horrible.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-30, 09:57

NigelUno wrote:

Depending on the year? Or just the years when he wins 3-7? I mean...that seems a little disingenuous.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-01-30, 10:06

Today is January 30, 2020
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-30, 10:10

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Today is January 30, 2020

Oh, man...the suspense is killing me.

What will tomorrow be?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2020-01-30, 10:11

NigelUno wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Today is January 30, 2020

What will tomorrow be?

another day with an offense in the bottom fifth of college football
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-30, 10:17

Banks2Mason wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

What will tomorrow be?

Oh.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-30, 10:21

Banks2Mason wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

What will tomorrow be?

You’re obviously forgetting about Rocky.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2020-01-30, 10:21

DWags wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:

this post made 85 fourth graders take MSU off their future college football consideration list. good job, dwags.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-30, 10:28

Banks2Mason wrote:
DWags wrote:

this post made 85 fourth graders take MSU off their future college football consideration list. good job, dwags.

I'm sensing a theme.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2020-01-30, 10:29

NigelUno wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:

I'm sensing a theme.

Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-30, 10:32

I thought the 'duffy thinks he's a better fan' bit died with Tanfan.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-30, 10:57

Banks2Mason wrote:
DWags wrote:

By bragging up a potential starter? WTF?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2020-01-30, 11:11

DWags wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:

By bragging up the definite starter? WTF?

fify
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-01-30, 12:21

Maybe Tony Paul is in training to take Lynn Henning’s spot so they spoon fed him “sources”.

Blackwell’s lawyer is not someone you would hire to represent yourself or a family member. The longer this drags on I am beginning to wonder if someone or some people are fronting him costs.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2020-01-30, 12:24

GRR Spartan wrote:Maybe Tony Paul is in training to take Lynn Henning’s spot so they spoon fed him “sources”.

Blackwell’s lawyer is not someone you would hire to represent yourself or a family member. The longer this drags on I am beginning to wonder if someone or some people are fronting him costs.

i'm almost positive the attorney took it on contingency expecting that (1) MD would settle quickly and (2) he'd get a bunch of free publicity, leading to future work. #2 is probably working, not so much #1.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-30, 12:51

GRR Spartan wrote:Maybe Tony Paul is in training to take Lynn Henning’s spot so they spoon fed him “sources”.

I'm about ready to explode with shit I'd love to tell Dantonio's attorney's about Blackwell and his camps, but I'd need permission from some active coaches in the area, and 1. I'd never get it, and 2. It's none of my business type shit. But this guy is a scumbag of proportions not known to man. Dantonio deserves criticism for where we are as a program. Some want to give him criticism for Robetson, and a defense of "other coaches have brought worse on campus who have done worse" isn't good enough. He has done a ton of good with a lot of kids getting second chances at life and thriving because of him. However, it's that old "build 100 bridges, but suck one ....." and you know what you're known as. Anyway, he does deserve criticism for the state of the team right now. However, if this guy somehow wins, some how gets even an iota of compensation from MSU, it's a travesty and I hope Dantonio sticks to his guns as well as MSU and says we're not settling. This guy will probably win and keep going through life, getting away with stuff. There are people like that. Just not Dwags. I'm the opposite of that. If I threw a wrapper down, the cop would be there with my 150 dollar tickets.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2020-01-30, 12:55

DWags wrote:

I'm about ready to explode with shit I'd love to tell Dantonio's attorney's about Blackwell and his camps, but I'd need permission from some active coaches in the area, and 1. I'd never get it, and 2. It's none of my business type shit. But this guy is a scumbag of proportions not known to man. Dantonio deserves criticism for where we are as a program. Some want to give him criticism for Robetson, and a defense of "other coaches have brought worse on campus who have done worse" isn't good enough. He has done a ton of good with a lot of kids getting second chances at life and thriving because of him. However, it's that old "build 100 bridges, but suck one ....." and you know what you're known as. Anyway, he does deserve criticism for the state of the team right now. However, if this guy somehow wins, some how gets even an iota of compensation from MSU, it's a travesty and I hope Dantonio sticks to his guns as well as MSU and says we're not settling. This guy will probably win and keep going through life, getting away with stuff. There are people like that. Just not Dwags. I'm the opposite of that. If I threw a wrapper down, the cop would be there with my 150 dollar tickets.

he's not going to win, dwags. Dantonio is long long long long past the point where settling makes sense. the only reason he would do that would be to avoid a lot of bad publicity, and that ship has long sailed. to settle now would make no sense, unless some insane smoking gun appears, but that would likely have happened already.

and, as i've detailed in this thread, blackwell has next to no shot of actually winning at trial.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-02-04, 14:59

Putting this here instead of the retirement thread because some of you are going to have a goddamn aneurysm after you see what the bulk of this article is about and I don’t think the other thread is the right place for it

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28635019/mark-dantonio-steps-coach-michigan-state
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-02-04, 15:08

[tw]1224772607922393091[/tw]

F the Detroit News for listening to that scumbag.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-02-04, 15:16

Well, it has to have SOMETHING to do with his decision, right? I mean it may all be a sham, but it whittles away at support.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2020-02-04, 16:14

Mark no longer needs this shit.
Can you blame him?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-02-04, 16:48

Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1224772607922393091[/tw]

F the Detroit News for listening to that scumbag.

If those allegations are true, uh, so? It was all worth it. It would be ironic though if the violations committed were with players from shitty results and the playoff came from clean recruiting.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-02-04, 16:56

Seeing those violations in the headline I'm like so? That shit happens every day in college sports. I doubt this is why he retired. Also, if they are true I don't give a shit as I've been pro cheating for a while now.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-02-04, 19:08

Blackwell brought the program down by covering up crimes and being asked to leave.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-02-04, 19:17

Today Tony Paul's breath taking news was that Dantonio hired a player's parent.

You mean no one knew Sheldon White, who was hired to replace Blackwell had a son Cody White sign with MSU?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-02-04, 19:21

GRR Spartan wrote:Today Tony Paul's breath taking news was that Dantonio hired a player's parent.

You mean no one knew Sheldon White, who was hired to replace Blackwell had a son Cody White sign with MSU?

And so what if he did? UofM does it all the time. H
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next