Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Bull shit: Detroit news doing huge expose on Dantonio Blackwell and sex scandal.

+25
I.B. Fine
Rocinante
Travis of the Cosmos
Jake from State Farm
Cameron
Wally Fairway
Floyd Robertson
Death Roe
pulling69
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
Turtleneck
AvgMSUJoe
InTenSity
Heathens '87
Banks2Mason
GRR Spartan
Nordic
Other Teams Pursuing That
steveschneider
NigelUno
kingstonlake
MiamiSpartan
aualum06
DWags
29 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

More Bull shit:  Detroit news doing huge expose on Dantonio Blackwell and sex scandal.  - Page 3 Empty Re: More Bull shit: Detroit news doing huge expose on Dantonio Blackwell and sex scandal.

Post by Banks2Mason 2020-01-13, 12:15

NigelUno wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:

do guys that famous know the secret password to get a hot chocolate that isn't either (1) ice cold or (2) one million degrees? cuz i'd like to know that.

Hollis never cared about hot chocolate! It's why we're still in this mess today.

obviously /s but the average fans gameday experience was generally ignored by hollis (some of that may not have been up to him, though)
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

More Bull shit:  Detroit news doing huge expose on Dantonio Blackwell and sex scandal.  - Page 3 Empty Re: More Bull shit: Detroit news doing huge expose on Dantonio Blackwell and sex scandal.

Post by DWags 2020-01-13, 12:19

concessions and parking should be handled by the football department. They should get all the money for recruiting purposes. We'd have better service if they did in my opinion. Instead, we have college workers working for MSU. Popcorn two to three days old.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heathens '87 2020-01-13, 12:21

NigelUno wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:

not to mention that a "real AD" would have the balls to go up to Secchia and say, "listen, Pete, we appreciate all the money and the new stadium but we'd like to a put a not-always-in-last-place team inside it coached by someone accused of trying to bean her own players in practice. waddya think, Pete?"

So, you are incredibly naive.

Quixotic-like in my belief that people who do good work should be rewarded; those who don't should be held accountable; and that hiring decisions at public institutions benefit greatly from process and transparency. MSU athletics has been a good ol' boys club for decades and we've only had success when we've stumbled into it. But a scandal arguably second only to Penn State, a former President in criminal court, lawsuits all around, rape, sexual assault, a lack of reporting, a lack of institutional process, a lack of accountability, a lack of transparency, etc. We've clearly been well led.....
Heathens '87
Heathens '87
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2020-01-13, 12:21

DWags wrote:concessions and parking should be handled by the football department. They should get all the money for recruiting purposes. We'd have better service if they did in my opinion. Instead, we have college workers working for MSU. Popcorn two to three days old.

a lot of those people are volunteers working on behalf of an organization (they have signs up usually). they aren't trained concession people.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-13, 12:22

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Maybe they were just walking off their burgers and fries.

LOL, you'd think. But in self reflection, I think maybe a bit of both.

It's a small bubble. Needs to get popped.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-13, 12:24

Heathens '87 wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

So, you are incredibly naive.

Quixotic-like in my belief that people who do good work should be rewarded; those who don't should be held accountable; and that hiring decisions at public institutions benefit greatly from process and transparency.  MSU athletics has been a good ol' boys club for decades and we've only had success when we've stumbled into it.  But a scandal arguably second only to Penn State, a former President in criminal court, lawsuits all around, rape, sexual assault, a lack of reporting, a lack of institutional process, a lack of accountability, a lack of transparency, etc.  We've clearly been well led......

More Bull shit:  Detroit news doing huge expose on Dantonio Blackwell and sex scandal.  - Page 3 Artworks-000486922809-4p04hs-t500x500
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-13, 12:29

DWags wrote:concessions and parking should be handled by the football department. They should get all the money for recruiting purposes. We'd have better service if they did in my opinion. Instead, we have college workers working for MSU. Popcorn two to three days old.

It has preservatives.

The whole volunteer thing is old school also. Maybe they feel they have to do it because it's easier than putting people on payroll.

Hell. Rent space out on a per-season basis to guys that have food trucks.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2020-01-13, 12:35

NigelUno wrote:

It has preservatives.

The whole volunteer thing is old school also. Maybe they feel they have to do it because it's easier than putting people on payroll.

Hell. Rent space out on a per-season basis to guys that have food trucks.

the whole concession thing is so far behind the times. i mean, SS and Breslin went outside the standard hot dog/popcorn box in what, like 2012 or so?
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heathens '87 2020-01-13, 12:39

DWags wrote:

Yep. Hard to argue with much of this. Your point about Dantonio is well taken. Knowing him and how he believes he can lead a kid into a better life is both an admirable quality and a naive one. You will get burnt if you try this too often. He did here. And, as you say, you can straighten out 20 kids, give them a much better life than they would have had, but it's not the 20 that will be remembered, it is the one or two that bite you in the ass that are remembered. I don't think there could be a better example of this, than what happened.

Stanley's move here. Tough position to be in. Sullivan has to help him here. She needs to get with him and make some calls. As far as Beekman, the program everything. End this stuff.

Agreed. I don't think Mark had evil motivations here. Myopic...sure. Naive...yes. But I think he honestly looked in the mirror and thought he was going to change a life through football here. The check on that has to be supervision and process and that's what was lacking here. I'm not at all convinced this has been addressed appropriately given the disastrous handling of the Nassar situation, Engler, board turnover, etc. You're 100% right.....this is on Stanley's desk now. He'd be well served to bring in his own team that lacks any connection to what MSU athletics has been through. And the biggest issue in my view is that the challenges in athletics have greatly harmed the university as a whole. Michigan State University is bigger than Michigan State football......
Heathens '87
Heathens '87
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-01-13, 12:42

Heathens nailing everything on the head. More Bull shit:  Detroit news doing huge expose on Dantonio Blackwell and sex scandal.  - Page 3 969504605
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-13, 13:02

I don't like the sippy cups.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-01-13, 13:06

NigelUno wrote:I don't like the sippy cups.

Do you like turtles?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-13, 13:10

Heathens '87 wrote:
DWags wrote:

Yep. Hard to argue with much of this. Your point about Dantonio is well taken. Knowing him and how he believes he can lead a kid into a better life is both an admirable quality and a naive one. You will get burnt if you try this too often. He did here. And, as you say, you can straighten out 20 kids, give them a much better life than they would have had, but it's not the 20 that will be remembered, it is the one or two that bite you in the ass that are remembered. I don't think there could be a better example of this, than what happened.

Stanley's move here. Tough position to be in. Sullivan has to help him here. She needs to get with him and make some calls. As far as Beekman, the program everything. End this stuff.

Agreed. I don't think Mark had evil motivations here. Myopic...sure. Naive...yes. But I think he honestly looked in the mirror and thought he was going to change a life through football here. The check on that has to be supervision and process and that's what was lacking here. I'm not at all convinced this has been addressed appropriately given the disastrous handling of the Nassar situation, Engler, board turnover, etc. You're 100% right.....this is on Stanley's desk now. He'd be well served to bring in his own team that lacks any connection to what MSU athletics has been through. And the biggest issue in my view is that the challenges in athletics have greatly harmed the university as a whole. Michigan State University is bigger than Michigan State football......

There are some parts of the AD that deserve to be kept and, frankly, lauded. If you hire a new A.D., without ties, and they are good they will find what is good to keep and what needs to be thinned out. Including those people who are hanger ons who really do much less for the department than what we think.

You've said that the university is bigger than MSU football. putting two daughters through it I can tell you I believe that too. However, It is my belief, if we broom Dantonio, and when Izzo retires, with our current board make up and with the atmosphere at our university, get ready to be door mats in both sports for years. I don't think we've even begun to feel the impact of Nassar on our two main sports and won't until the next guys come in. I don't believe for a moment on up and coming coach will be willing to come to MSU becuase of the current atmosphere and board make up. I would not do it, I know some friends who have coached on that level that believe that to be so. It will really test the limits of our alumni and fan base. We will have empty football and basketball stadiums. It will take a while to get the stink off of our programs, and we aren't PSU in football or Kentucky or Duke in basketball. It will take a while to build up. Hell, I have about 20 years left. I don't anticipate any great seasons in football in my remaining lifetime. I think maybe we get another shot at the golden ring with Izzo, but when that's gone, I don't think it lasts. I'm not being debbie downer here, I'm logically looking at whether a hot shot coach would really want to come into this atmosphere. Is it going to be a dead end career killer? We'll see.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-13, 13:12

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Do you like turtles?

Not as a concession item. No.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2020-01-13, 13:17

DWags wrote:
Heathens '87 wrote:

There are some parts of the AD that deserve to be kept and, frankly, lauded. If you hire a new A.D., without ties, and they are good they will find what is good to keep and what needs to be thinned out. Including those people who are hanger ons who really do much less for the department than what we think.

You've said that the university is bigger than MSU football. putting two daughters through it I can tell you I believe that too. However, It is my belief, if we broom Dantonio, and when Izzo retires, with our current board make up and with the atmosphere at our university, get ready to be door mats in both sports for years. I don't think we've even begun to feel the impact of Nassar on our two main sports and won't until the next guys come in. I don't believe for a moment on up and coming coach will be willing to come to MSU becuase of the current atmosphere and board make up. I would not do it, I know some friends who have coached on that level that believe that to be so. It will really test the limits of our alumni and fan base. We will have empty football and basketball stadiums. It will take a while to get the stink off of our programs, and we aren't PSU in football or Kentucky or Duke in basketball. It will take a while to build up. Hell, I have about 20 years left. I don't anticipate any great seasons in football in my remaining lifetime. I think maybe we get another shot at the golden ring with Izzo, but when that's gone, I don't think it lasts. I'm not being debbie downer here, I'm logically looking at whether a hot shot coach would really want to come into this atmosphere. Is it going to be a dead end career killer? We'll see.

Unfortunately, you may very well be correct. That said, I think that basketball is in better shape because Izzo has been at a high level for a very long time, is very well respected in the game, and hasn't had the dramatic fall off that Dantonio has. Plus, it's simply easier to get a good basketball team because one or two recruits can make a good/great team.

all of that said, even the Kentuckys and UCLAs and UNCs of the world pretty quickly fell off the map when they lost HOF coaches and made bad hires. it's really a crapshoot.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-01-13, 13:25

Sign me up for not giving a fuck if sports fall off. This shit is embarrassing at this point(and impacting individuals lives) and way more embarrassing than a shitty athletic department.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heathens '87 2020-01-13, 13:30

DWags wrote:

Agreed. I think we're a bit toxic right now, this coverage doesn't help, our administrative leadership isn't going to give anyone confidence that we're on the right path in terms of athletics. Izzo is 64 and Dantonio 63. Replacing those positions isn't in some distant unimaginable future. The university is far from a conclusion to a truth and reconciliation process and this Blackwell lawsuit is salt on those open wounds. The board has been rather clueless so they brought in Stanley to lead, to stabilize, to calm the waters, to recover. But I think you're right that a lot of coaches aren't going to look at MSU athletics and think stability.

I suspect Izzo will want to do for someone what Jud did for him. Give an assistant a shot. But that was a giant mess, Ferguson wanted to fire Jud and force out Tom, and Jud had to go to bat and Merrily Dean Baker (then AD) backed Jud. We're still capable of that dysfunction. Mark seems to be doing the Duffy Daugherty route - success and then just ride out a stretch of mediocrity before push comes to shove and change is demanded. I don't have faith in our athletic leadership to manage such transitions well, coaches with better resumes won't line up for these jobs and the university as a whole has to heal before football and basketball can be a realistic priority again. Izzo and Mark have been steady hands and we've been fortunate in terms of success. I'm struggling to maintain pride in that given the dysfunction we're all realizing was there at the same time......
Heathens '87
Heathens '87
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-13, 13:31

DWags wrote:
Heathens '87 wrote:

We hit a HR with Dantonio (he wasn't exactly setting the world on fire at Cincinnati). Money talks. Kiffin went to Ole Miss. Leach went to Miss State. Somehow I don't think we'd ever hire anyone like that. Would be fun though.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-01-13, 13:31

Outside of MI, maybe outside of the midwest, I don't think anyone is looking at the Nassar situation as an MSU situation. Nationally more people blame USA Gymnastics, and a portion of the Olympic committee. You guys are living in a bubble, with a metropolitan area that has had it out for the university and is now able to troll on a consistent basis. I think MSU basketball will be fine, maybe people are just nice to me because they know I like MSU basketball, but there is rarely a bad word said about it. MSU Football is another story. There will always be someone who wants to take a chance and make a name for themselves, especially at a B1G school.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-13, 13:32

Banks2Mason wrote:
DWags wrote:

Unfortunately, you may very well be correct. That said, I think that basketball is in better shape because Izzo has been at a high level for a very long time, is very well respected in the game, and hasn't had the dramatic fall off that Dantonio has. Plus, it's simply easier to get a good basketball team because one or two recruits can make a good/great team.

all of that said, even the Kentuckys and UCLAs and UNCs of the world pretty quickly fell off the map when they lost HOF coaches and made bad hires. it's really a crapshoot.

Those schools which fell off also always had an undying support of board, alumni and fans. We will have an additional hurdle to jump.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2020-01-13, 13:33

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Sign me up for not giving a fuck if sports fall off. This shit is embarrassing at this point(and impacting individuals lives) and way more embarrassing than a shitty athletic department.

The shame of it is that the "embarrassment" part should be long over. Unfortunately, MSU dragged their feet a lot on LAKS and Simon. They also apparently have employed an anti-PR firm for the last few years. Add to that the complete tone-deafness of comments from Engler, Simon, and various members of the BoT, and well as MSU's apparent inability to effectively deal with the media and/or get out messages that aren't dramatically embarrassing to the university.

The fact also remains that Corley/King/Vance/Robertson happened at the worst possible time and got grouped in with the Nassar stuff. Shouldn't have happened, but that's how the world and the media works. MSU completely mishandled that entire situation either negligently or just arrogantly. PR professionals would have seen that coming a mile away and at least taken steps to mitigate the damage. That didn't happen.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heathens '87 2020-01-13, 13:40

InTenSity wrote:Outside of MI, maybe outside of the midwest, I don't think anyone is looking at the Nassar situation as an MSU situation. Nationally more people blame USA Gymnastics, and a portion of the Olympic committee. You guys are living in a bubble, with a metropolitan area that has had it out for the university and is now able to troll on a consistent basis.

I don't live in metro Detroit. I'm in Michigan but I'll disagree that this is viewed nationally as both a Michigan State and USA gymnastics situation. ESPN coverage alone has made it clear that there was a university connection and victims are working quite hard and quite effectively to draw attention to university failures. Coaches with the better resumes want to step into calm waters where the factors for succeeding are within their control. That's not Michigan State right now. We're not quite Penn State but being second in that race isn't something that has been ignored nationally.....
Heathens '87
Heathens '87
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-13, 13:47

InTenSity wrote:Outside of MI, maybe outside of the midwest, I don't think anyone is looking at the Nassar situation as an MSU situation. Nationally more people blame USA Gymnastics, and a portion of the Olympic committee. You guys are living in a bubble, with a metropolitan area that has had it out for the university and is now able to troll on a consistent basis. I think MSU basketball will be fine, maybe people are just nice to me because they know I like MSU basketball, but there is rarely a bad word said about it. MSU Football is another story. There will always be someone who wants to take a chance and make a name for themselves, especially at a B1G school.

Someone will take $4+ million/year to coach football.  I have no doubt about that.    They'll have no connection to the past (hopefully).  Clean slate.  New President. New AD.  Whether that coach (or any coach) succeeds is a different story.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2020-01-13, 13:55

NigelUno wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Outside of MI, maybe outside of the midwest, I don't think anyone is looking at the Nassar situation as an MSU situation. Nationally more people blame USA Gymnastics, and a portion of the Olympic committee. You guys are living in a bubble, with a metropolitan area that has had it out for the university and is now able to troll on a consistent basis. I think MSU basketball will be fine, maybe people are just nice to me because they know I like MSU basketball, but there is rarely a bad word said about it. MSU Football is another story. There will always be someone who wants to take a chance and make a name for themselves, especially at a B1G school.

Someone will take $4+ million/year to coach football.  I have no doubt about that.    They'll have no connection to the past (hopefully).  Clean slate.  New President. New AD.  Whether that coach (or any coach) succeeds is a different story.

Yes. Money talks and good football coaches (and bad ones) necessarily have egos large enough to believe they can fix any situation. Bill O'Brien's career hasn't suffered at all from taking the PSU job.

Question is more whether MSU will shell out that kind of money.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-01-13, 14:08

Heathens '87 wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Outside of MI, maybe outside of the midwest, I don't think anyone is looking at the Nassar situation as an MSU situation. Nationally more people blame USA Gymnastics, and a portion of the Olympic committee. You guys are living in a bubble, with a metropolitan area that has had it out for the university and is now able to troll on a consistent basis.

I don't live in metro Detroit. I'm in Michigan but I'll disagree that this is viewed nationally as both a Michigan State and USA gymnastics situation. ESPN coverage alone has made it clear that there was a university connection and victims are working quite hard and quite effectively to draw attention to university failures. Coaches with the better resumes want to step into calm waters where the factors for succeeding are within their control. That's not Michigan State right now. We're not quite Penn State but being second in that race isn't something that has been ignored nationally.....
Maybe that's why I don't hear about it as much. I'm not watching ESPN outside of football and bball games. I don't pay any attention to any of their coverage about anything.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-13, 14:14

Banks2Mason wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Yes. Money talks and good football coaches (and bad ones) necessarily have egos large enough to believe they can fix any situation. Bill O'Brien's career hasn't suffered at all from taking the PSU job.

Question is more whether MSU will shell out that kind of money.
I say with the current board and atmosphere no. And this is one time I really hope I’m wrong but I think statements will be made. And every coach has an agent these days. Beyond that, Saban left because of recruiting budget and lack of support staff. Does anyone think that’s going to be boosted? We’re currently in the top 25 in facilities and recruiting budget. I want to see what happens there. Hoping for the best, but I’d be lying if I said I’m
Optimistic
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heathens '87 2020-01-13, 14:18

InTenSity wrote:
Maybe that's why I don't hear about it as much. I'm not watching ESPN outside of football and bball games. I don't pay any attention to any of their coverage about anything.

It's the biggest source for sports news in the country. Add in the non-sports coverage...New York Times, Wall Street Journal, The Guardian, the Atlantic, CNN, Fox, etc. The Nassar case and Michigan State has been a national story. This isn't some Detroit area bubble matter. It's been well covered and Michigan State has been front and center....
Heathens '87
Heathens '87
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-13, 14:29

We're not going to hire some big name head coach. We never have.

We can't cut salaries and budgets. Not saying we have to spend like OSU and UM, but we can't go backwards. Someone (on the other board I think) has implied the new President is going to de-emphasize football. Big mistake in my opinion.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2020-01-13, 14:32

NigelUno wrote:We're not going to hire some big name head coach. We never have.

We can't cut salaries and budgets. Not saying we have to spend like OSU and UM, but we can't go backwards. Someone (on the other board I think) has implied the new President is going to de-emphasize football. Big mistake in my opinion.

didn't he oversee a big improvement in athletics at Stony Brook? obviously not the Big Ten, but i was under the impression he "appreciates" what athletics can do for a university.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-13, 14:33

It’s a reflection of our community and I’m fearful it’s true. We’ll make a huge statement the other way.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-13, 14:37

DWags wrote:

It’s a reflection of our community and I’m fearful it’s true. We’ll make a huge statement the other way.

I bet there are a ton of professors, educators, nerds, etc. that would love to de-emphasize football.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-01-13, 14:40

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

I bet there are a ton of professors, educators, nerds, etc. that would love to de-emphasize football.

If we go forward with this, can we de regulate tailgating? Maybe it’s worth the trade.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-13, 14:50

NigelUno wrote:

If we go forward with this, can we de regulate tailgating? Maybe it’s worth the trade.

Sure. You can tailgate outside the Honors College any day of the week.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-13, 14:54

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

Too much work to do the research on this now, but they might be better served to see what happens with enrollment and donations when you have winning teams in the two major sports. With more people applying, you have cut off line with higher standards. Last year MSU accepted 78% of it's applicants. I'll let you guys tell me if that's a good thing or bad, I inow there will be opinions on both sides of that.

In April of the year MSU made the 2015 final four, we got a notice that the tryouts for dance and cheer would be longer than we were told. We were told 200 girls had been offered a tryout, it increased to 350 I think, or right around there. That's just one effect. I also heard last spring they moved the tryouts back to accomodate more people. That also goes on with applications and I believe donations. But, we'll see. It's all relative and it hasn't happened yet. I believe you can have guns and butter at your university, I think it's very doable, but you have to have the mindset up at the top that you can.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-13, 14:57

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Too much work to do the research on this now, but they might be better served to see what happens with enrollment and donations when you have winning teams in the two major sports. With more people applying, you have cut off line with higher standards. Last year MSU accepted 78% of it's applicants. I'll let you guys tell me if that's a good thing or bad, I inow there will be opinions on both sides of that.

In April of the year MSU made the 2015 final four, we got a notice that the tryouts for dance and cheer would be longer than we were told. We were told 200 girls had been offered a tryout, it increased to 350 I think, or right around there. That's just one effect. I also heard last spring they moved the tryouts back to accomodate more people. That also goes on with applications and I believe donations. But, we'll see. It's all relative and it hasn't happened yet. I believe you can have guns and butter at your university, I think it's very doable, but you have to have the mindset up at the top that you can.

We have the butter part covered.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-01-13, 15:02

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

Meh, I'd bet even the stuffiest shithead would see the benefit of the "community" that sports bring. MSU aint Harvard.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2020-01-13, 15:05

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

no need to do the work. it's well-established that applications go up when schools do well in football and/or MBB.

generally, i don't see why that's a bad thing. logic would indicate that more applications means more "good" applications.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-01-13, 15:07

Do you like turtles?

Do you like turtles?

Don’t make me a part of this dumb thread.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-01-13, 17:18

Front page on the rag sitting next to me in the sauna. Still not reading it. I assume it is mostly rehased stuff from 2016 and Blackwell whinning to promote his lawsuit. As OTPY pointed out, the only reason this is in the news is because Dantonio is testifying Friday. I'll tune in then.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-01-13, 17:24

Nordic wrote:Front page on the rag sitting next to me in the sauna. Still not reading it. I assume it is mostly rehased stuff from 2016 and Blackwell whinning to promote his lawsuit. As OTPY pointed out, the only reason this is in the news is because Dantonio is testifying Friday. I'll tune in then.

Yep, I'm anxious to hear his side of the story. It is rehashed. I thought Nigel did a good job recapping the new details offered up in the report.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next