Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus?? We gone?

+30
Robert J Sakimano
Tim Wakefield
Jake from State Farm
Turtleneck
AvgMSUJoe
Wally Fairway
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
tGreenWay
Dendrobates
Cameron
duffy munn
Heat Miser
MSU addict
InTenSity
DWags
CORNER BLITZ
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
MiamiSpartan
kingstonlake
Watch Out Pylon!
Floyd Robertson
pulling69
Nordic
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
aualum06
WhiteBoyHatcher
The Pantry
34 posters

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 2 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-03-15, 19:00

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
InTenSity wrote:My buddy came back from a 10 day trip to Spain. He got back on Friday, walked straight out of the airport and took an uber home, no screening or questions. 8 hours later and they are screening. I went golfing with him, and we jokingly, non jokingly made him get his own cart and told him not to touch the pin or our golf balls. Now my wife doesn't want them coming to my daughters birthday party and I'm not sure I disagree with her. The day after they left Madrid, Madrid shut down.

Am I gone?

Why are you still having the birthday party? Postponing it seems like the responsible thing to do.

Yeah, probably should postpone that till things calm down
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-03-15, 19:04

This going around in my circles

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 2 3d207310

Last edited by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2020-03-15, 19:12; edited 1 time in total
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-03-15, 19:09

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 2 3d207310

This going around in my circles

Ouch
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-03-15, 19:17

steveschneider wrote:
Nordic wrote:It's going to spread. It's inevitable. The biggest threat right now is mass panic.

Take it from me a naturaly neurotic dude, I sign off and 100% endorse this message. I’m reaching out to all my loved ones every day and doing my best to lift spirits. My friends that own businesses I’m offering to buy gift certificates or find ways I can support. I am very emotional through this but I’m also going to be brave. I’m also staying in the house and just going for walks here and there. Stay safe and strong my friends.

You too Steve
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-03-15, 19:19

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:You have to postpone the party bro. Not even a question. Sucks for kids but we all gotta make do.
Even in New Rochelle, isn't the ban on public gatherings only for more than 50 people? I guess I don't know how big InTen's party would be, but it might not quite be cancel-worthy.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-03-15, 19:21

'

Thought this was a very good watch.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-03-15, 19:27

My dad is 79. Pretty healthy. Has worked out just about every single day of his life. My mom convinced him to stay away. My cousin - his nephew, is a Dr. and is close to my Dad. According to my Mom, he is downplaying everything and told my Dad that it's fine to go to the gym - he's still going. Just wipe everything down before you use it and you'll be fine. Infuriating. He was considering going back but it sounds like my mom shut him down, at least temporarily.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-03-15, 19:39

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:My dad is 79. Pretty healthy. Has worked out just about every single day of his life. My mom convinced him to stay away. My cousin - his nephew, is a Dr. and is close to my Dad. According to my Mom, he is downplaying everything and told my Dad that it's fine to go to the gym - he's still going. Just wipe everything down before you use it and you'll be fine. Infuriating. He was considering going back but it sounds like my mom shut him down, at least temporarily.
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:My dad is 79. Pretty healthy. Has worked out just about every single day of his life. My mom convinced him to stay away. My cousin - his nephew, is a Dr. and is close to my Dad. According to my Mom, he is downplaying everything and told my Dad that it's fine to go to the gym - he's still going. Just wipe everything down before you use it and you'll be fine. Infuriating. He was considering going back but it sounds like my mom shut him down, at least temporarily.

I’m glad he’s listening. Hoping for the best for your family. We can all do some pushups at home, I’m going to bust out the jump rope again. Want to get some exercise in every day to keep the immune system up.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-03-15, 19:42

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:'

Thought this was a very good watch.

Thanks for sharing. I never even knew what a pangolin was until all this started.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-03-15, 19:44

New CDC edict. No gatherings of 50+ for the next 8 weeks. There ya go, we're on hold for at least two months.

"Recommendation" which I'm sure responsible local and state government will follow. Sports leagues as well.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-03-15, 19:46

InTenSity wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Why are you still having the birthday party? Postponing it seems like the responsible thing to do.
Ok, you tell an 8 year old that their birthday has been cancelled. She already knows we aren't going anywhere for her birthday, like we had planned. She wants to see her friends, it is natural. We will see what happens.
We cancelled our 6 year old's party. All things considered, she took it very well.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-03-15, 19:48

Part of me thinks a doctor might be a bad person to ask. I mean every doctor I’ve dealt with soft shoes every thing. Your case may be different being that it’s family.

When my daughter was 6 months old she got sick. She was in early stage of being septic. Doctored were very reassuring, measured, and calming. After her month in the hospital the original doctor told me they were positive she had meningitis. Turns out she didn’t. But it goes to show you how dialed back they are trained to be.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-03-15, 20:52

Vegas strip shutting down resort by resort.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-03-15, 20:59

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Vegas strip shutting down resort by resort.

Link? I had a trip scheduled there again in 2 weeks. Obviously none of us are going just curious
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-03-15, 21:08

InTenSity wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Maybe give her two parties. Celebrate with immediate family on her birthday, then a second one with friends a couple of weeks.
Its a very fluid situation. The invitations were sent out on Wednesday, before this got crazy. The problem is we have no idea if people will show up or not and we don't have their numbers in order to call them and tell them not to come. A few of her friends, sure, but not all of them.
We are trying to just break her spirit one day at a time, rather than all at once.

We are all just trying to keep a sense of normal. We are in a fluid situation.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-03-15, 21:12

I saw Wynn is shutting down for 2 weeks. Employees at the Luxor and MGM Grand tested positive. Probably a good idea to shut it all down for a while.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-03-15, 21:19

Vegas seems like a breeding ground for everything you don't wanna get. Surprised they've waited this long to start shutting things down.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-03-15, 21:25

So much for what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-03-15, 21:41

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:New CDC edict. No gatherings of 50+ for the next 8 weeks. There ya go, we're on hold for at least two months.

"Recommendation" which I'm sure responsible local and state government will follow. Sports leagues as well.

But will bars shut down (for St Patrick's Day, no less) unless forced to?

On Miami Beach and Ft Lauderdale they are making bars and restaurants close at 10pm and also to cut their capacity in half (which I think NY did). Pretty big deal during Spring Break.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-03-15, 21:45

MiamiSpartan wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:New CDC edict. No gatherings of 50+ for the next 8 weeks. There ya go, we're on hold for at least two months.

But will bars shut down (for St Patrick's Day, no less) unless forced to?  

On Miami Beach and Ft Lauderdale they are making bars and restaurants close at 10pm and also to cut their capacity in half (which I think NY did).  Pretty big deal during Spring Break.

Going to be impossible to enforce if everyone says 'fuck it'. Young people aren't going to GAF.  But I bet a majority of the population gets the message. And that is all that matters.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-03-15, 21:50

You'd think with all the social wokeness they'd chill with the large gatherings, but hasn't happened yet
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-03-15, 22:57

# of cases outside China has doubled in just 5 days. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 2 1550444538

A geometric progression would have us approaching a million cases worldwide in 2 weeks.

Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-03-15, 22:59

Thousands leave Miami cruise ship without screenings after former passenger got COVID-19
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-03-15, 23:19

Next two weeks are going to be brutal and stoke panic. But they won't tell the story. Weeks 3 and 4 will show how truly fucked we are.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-03-15, 23:30

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Next two weeks are going to be brutal and stoke panic. But they won't tell the story. Weeks 3 and 4 will show how truly fucked we are.

Agree on the first part. Disagree on the second. There is a solution and we are starting to see a movement toward it.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-03-15, 23:33

Whitmer announcing the closing of bars and restaurants in the morning. Indefintely.

Shit just got very real.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-03-15, 23:35

duffy munn wrote:Whitmer announcing the closing of bars and restaurants in the morning. Indefintely.

Shit just got very real.

This is good news
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-03-15, 23:35

Vivid spelled backwards is divoc. What divoc is happening?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-03-15, 23:37

Nordic wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Next two weeks are going to be brutal and stoke panic. But they won't tell the story. Weeks 3 and 4 will show how truly fucked we are.

Agree on the first part. Disagree on the second. There is a solution and we are starting to see a movement toward it.

We are on the same page. I know that we are taking positive steps. Just saying weeks 3 and 4 will show that either we are making a dent (hopeful) or we aren't.

Personally I go back and forth between these possibilities. On the one hand I can't see how canceling sporting events, college, school, wfh, etc aren't going to affect the curve. On the other I see neanderthals via the intertubes crowding the a Riv for Rama, shoulder to shoulder in line for the new Mickey And Minny Runaway train ride at WDW, pictures from ORD of over crowding due to poor Federal planning and I think we're completely fucked.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-03-15, 23:40

Nordic wrote:
duffy munn wrote:Whitmer announcing the closing of bars and restaurants in the morning. Indefintely.

Shit just got very real.

This is good news

It is. And there is no evidence of the virus being passed via food. Take out and delivery will still be open for restaurants that feel it is viable to stay open. Delivery apps have leave at door options now so you don't have to interact with a person. Order!

Wash your hands before handling the packaging. Remove the food with utensils into your own packaging. Discard the packaging. Wash your hands again. Golden. Eat.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-03-15, 23:53

Nordic wrote:

Shit just got very real.

This is good news

Not if you own or work in restaurants.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-03-16, 00:00

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Nordic wrote:

We are on the same page. I know that we are taking positive steps. Just saying weeks 3 and 4 will show that either we are making a dent (hopeful) or we aren't.

Personally I go back and forth between these possibilities. On the one hand I can't see how canceling sporting events, college, school, wfh, etc aren't going to affect the curve. On the other I see neanderthals via the intertubes crowding the a Riv for Rama, shoulder to shoulder in line for the new Mickey And Minny Runaway train ride at WDW, pictures from ORD of over crowding due to poor Federal planning and I think we're completely fucked.

Every dent in an exponential curve is significant.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-03-16, 00:05

duffy munn wrote:
Nordic wrote:

This is good news

That sucks. It is very tough balancing economic and health impacts. A lot of people are going to suffer on both sides.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-03-16, 00:12

Nordic wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

That sucks. It is very tough balancing economic and health impacts. A lot of people are going to suffer on both sides.

I completely get why these actions are being taken. But on the other hand I don't get how the government can just shut down a private business.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-03-16, 00:21

duffy munn wrote:
Nordic wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I completely get why these actions are being taken. But on the other hand I don't get how the government can just shut down a private business.

Nothing is 100% private. Example: think you own your home? Stop paying property taxes and see what happens.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-03-16, 00:24

duffy munn wrote:
Nordic wrote:

It is a democratic & captialistic quandary. Thankfully we are not pressed with this dilema often.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-03-16, 00:30

Nordic wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

It is a democratic & captialistic quandary. Thankfully we are not pressed with this dilema often.

Often? Ever. At least on this scale
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-03-16, 00:33

DWags wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Often? Ever.   At least on this scale

We've been mostly isolated

9/11
WWII
WWI
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-03-16, 00:35

Heat Miser wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Nothing is 100% private. Example: think you own your home? Stop paying property taxes and see what happens.

True but in this case the "private" business owner didn't do anything wrong. Hell, even if a home owner stops paying property tax it takes a minute to evict them.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-03-16, 00:43

Nordic wrote:
DWags wrote:

Often? Ever.   At least on this scale

We've been mostly isolated

9/11
WWII
WWI

WWII was more of a total war you are correct. But life didn’t stop on 9/11. This is gonna Fred flinstone the car with both heels dragging in the dirt.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next