Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuck Michael Jordan

+20
Nordic
Watch Out Pylon!
GRR Spartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
Rocinante
aualum06
Robert J Sakimano
Turtleneck
NigelUno
duffy munn
DWags
Cameron
CORNER BLITZ
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
Floyd Robertson
Senior Dickfist
kingstonlake
MiamiSpartan
steveschneider
24 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Fuck Michael Jordan - Page 3 Empty Re: Fuck Michael Jordan

Post by DWags 2020-04-28, 12:34

Yeah you don’t get to orth Carolina, want the ball at the end of a National championship game and not be hyper competitive. He was told in his second year if he re injured his foot it could be his career yet he wanted to play.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-04-28, 12:38

No, he was already ultra competitive, but the "level" of cut throat competitiveness that he had to get to, he learned from playing those Pistons teams. He has even said so himself in the past. People evolve. The premise is spot on IMO. I don't need to argue this point any further because you're just wrong.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-04-28, 13:23

Turtleneck wrote:OTPT is totally overrated. Good shooter, but shitty handles and can’t get his own shot. His idea of defense is standing around waiting to play offense.

Sounds like Loyer
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-04-28, 13:29

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:That makes some sense. Was he any good in 8th grade? Tall?

This is the definitive piece on the topic du jour. Spread it for the world to see.

https://www.nba.com/pistons/features/err-jordan-he-hated-pistons-needed-become-them-earn-validation-he-craved

Definitely good and tall as fuck for an 8th grader but unpolished obviously.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-04-28, 13:29

duffy munn wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:OTPT is totally overrated. Good shooter, but shitty handles and can’t get his own shot. His idea of defense is standing around waiting to play offense.

Sounds like Loyer

Take it back.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-04-28, 14:42

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Sounds like Loyer

Take it back.

Basketball
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-04-28, 15:02

Celtics were a pretty dirty team and also walked off without shaking hands.

Why does this shit not hang over their legacy the same way as it does the Detroit Pistons?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-04-28, 15:17

steveschneider wrote:Celtics were a pretty dirty team and also walked off without shaking hands.

Why does this shit not hang over their legacy the same way as it does the Detroit Pistons?

I don't know, didn't they market themselves as "bad boys" make a campaign out of it, thrive on it?  

I'm all for these rivalries.  I love the fact the pistons played basketball the way it should be played not like the crap I see today.  It was really the only time it was fun watching a game.  I can't stand this shit anymore.  I'll watch a game at the end.  I used to love to watch the Pistons/Celtics Pistons/Utah  Pistons/bulls.  There might be thuggery and asshatedness from the opening tip.  

But here's the deal.  If one more piston fan cries poor poor pitiful me about being labeled as "thugs" when they themselves marked their team and made a ton of money off of it, i'm going to explode.  (Not really, I really don't care, just making a point.)  Fucking own what you marketed.  You can't love that label and then cry wolf.  Nancy boy John Sally was even wearing a shirt that said it STILL, on Sunday.  

So, Steve, my hunch is, that if you market yourself as bad ass thugs you get labeled as such and when you don't shake hands it will be spotlighted more than when a team like the fucking celtics did the same shit, but never went to the press and said "look how bad we are."   Laimbeer used to brag about fighting and getting an opponents mind of the game.  

Just my opinion.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-04-28, 15:37

[quote="DWags"]
steveschneider wrote:Celtics were a pretty dirty team and also walked off without shaking hands.

Yeah, one take away about this documentary was just how potent basketball was back then. I just don't think we'll be talking about today's basketball like we do that era 20-30 years from now.

The Heat vs Spurs series that the Heat won in game 7 was one of the best series I've ever seen but that stuff back in the 80's was on another level.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-04-28, 15:42

FWIW Wags, I don't think Bad Boys fans are 'crying about being labeled thugs'. I think they want credit for being the dominant team in the league in the era between Magic/Larry and MJ. And many likely feel that MJ took that credit away from them purposefully and spitefully and that history doesn't look on them and give them the credit that they deserve because of it.

Not one of them, just interpreting.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-04-28, 15:52

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:FWIW Wags, I don't think Bad Boys fans are 'crying about being labeled thugs'. I think they want credit for being the dominant team in the league in the era between Magic/Larry and MJ. And many likely feel that MJ took that credit away from them purposefully and spitefully and that history doesn't look on them and give them the credit that they deserve because of it.

That’s not what a big portion of the crying was about. The hand shake was a huge talking point. Again however they don’t get credit because they were “thug “ campions. Even though Boston had the same style. One just marketed it
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-04-28, 16:17

Truth be told that punch Parish did on Laimbeer was one of the dirtiest and cheapest shots I've ever seen in basketball. Complete sucker punch and a vicious shot to the head. No call either.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-04-28, 16:23

Never saw this one before. Pretty fucking cheap play as well.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-04-28, 16:34

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:No, he was already ultra competitive, but the "level" of cut throat competitiveness that he had to get to, he learned from playing those Pistons teams. He has even said so himself in the past. People evolve. The premise is spot on IMO. I don't need to argue this point any further because you're just wrong.

What "level?" What does that mean? Are you talking about playing dirty type shit? Or just some nonsensical notion of "wanting it more?"
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-04-28, 16:48

I think what Jordan had to learn to over come the Pistons was to work out more in the off season and learn how to involve his team mates. Pistons forced him to adapt, when he tried to do it all alone they just threw three at him and made him hit the ground.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-04-28, 17:20

steveschneider wrote:Truth be told that punch Parish did on Laimbeer was one of the dirtiest and cheapest shots I've ever seen in basketball. Complete sucker punch and a vicious shot to the head. No call either.

I think Parrish got a T but that was it. He wasn't even thrown out of the game. Now it's a 10 game suspension and 6 figure fine. Pussies.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-04-28, 17:24

duffy munn wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Truth be told that punch Parish did on Laimbeer was one of the dirtiest and cheapest shots I've ever seen in basketball. Complete sucker punch and a vicious shot to the head. No call either.

I think Parrish got a T but that was it. He wasn't even thrown out of the game. Now it's a 10 game suspension and 6 figure fine. Pussies.

I had to google it

"You can see Parish’s full answer about the punch starting around the 3:54 mark of the video in this article. Remarkably, the Celtics’ center only got a regular foul called on him during the game, but he was suspended for Game 6 of the series after the play was reviewed by the league office. However, despite how big it is in Boston fan folklore, it’s an incident Robert still seemed ashamed about in that 2012 interview."

Sounds like he's pretty regretful about it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-04-28, 18:46

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:FWIW Wags, I don't think Bad Boys fans are 'crying about being labeled thugs'. I think they want credit for being the dominant team in the league in the era between Magic/Larry and MJ. And many likely feel that MJ took that credit away from them purposefully and spitefully and that history doesn't look on them and give them the credit that they deserve because of it.

That’s not what a big portion of the crying was about. The hand shake was a huge talking point. Again however they don’t get credit because they were “thug “ campions. Even though Boston had the same style. One just marketed it

You've got the order mixed up, though. Before they took on the Bad Boys moniker and marketed that, they were already being called thugs, dirty, etc. The Celtics, meanwhile, were the glorious darlings of the East, and McHale and Parrish would never dare take any cheap shots and Danny Ainge would never go pick a fight with a big guy and then run behind Parrish for protection like a little bitch. Nah, they'd never do that.

That chip was put on the Pistons' shoulder and since they knew they would never win the hearts of the media and neutrals, they decided to have fun with the villain role.

My only issue is that people will use the thug label to dismiss just how good they were, as if the success was illegitimate.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-04-28, 18:54

MiamiSpartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

You've got the order mixed up, though. Before they took on the Bad Boys moniker and marketed that, they were already being called thugs, dirty, etc. The Celtics, meanwhile, were the glorious darlings of the East, and McHale and Parrish would never dare take any cheap shots and Danny Ainge would never go pick a fight with a big guy and then run behind Parrish for protection like a little bitch. Nah, they'd never do that.

That chip was put on the Pistons' shoulder and since they knew they would never win the hearts of the media and neutrals, they decided to have fun with the villain role.

My only issue is that people will use the thug label to dismiss just how good they were, as if the success was illegitimate.

Fuck Michael Jordan - Page 3 1486952199 Fuck Michael Jordan - Page 3 1486952199 Fuck Michael Jordan - Page 3 1486952199 Fuck Michael Jordan - Page 3 1486952199 Fuck Michael Jordan - Page 3 1486952199
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-04-28, 18:55

Rodman worked his ass off to improve and did a hell of a job covering Larry Bird. That team was rock solid. NBA has always punished elite defense every rule change almost always favors the offense.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-04-28, 20:36

MiamiSpartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

Well they sure are shunning it now. Except Laimbeer. He owns it. Thomas Sally and the fans cry about. Shit Thomas apologized for it.

I’d get rid of the lid if I could find it. Once you embrace that, own it. It’s why I’ll always like Laimbeer the best. Also why espn didn’t interview him or he told them to shove it. I also think Laimbeer would have said, hey mike you can call us bad champs but just make sure you put the word champ at the end of the sentence. Then winked.

Jim Rome said he lived how Laimbeer embraced it. I do too.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-04-28, 21:52

Jordan is petty and he's such a powerful figure that the media allows his pettiness define the narrative. I love Laimbeer basically giving him, the media and the Bulls the middle finger to this day. Time to buy a #40 jersey.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-04-29, 07:17

[tw]1255232094105677830?s=21[/tw]
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-04-29, 08:02

Bulls had drafted Horace Grant the but needed one more enforcer and they got that when they signed Bill Cartwright.

Without the addition of Cartwright to give them bookend muckers the Bulls would have had fewer championships.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-04-29, 09:24

DWags wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Well they sure are shunning it now. Except Laimbeer. He owns it. Thomas Sally and the fans cry about. Shit Thomas apologized for it.

I’d get rid of the lid if I could find it. Once you embrace that, own it. It’s why I’ll always like Laimbeer the best. Also why espn didn’t interview him or he told them to shove it. I also think Laimbeer would have said, hey mike you can call us bad champs but just make sure you put the word champ at the end of the sentence. Then winked.

Jim Rome said he lived how Laimbeer embraced it. I do too.

Heard Mahorn on the radio yesterday. Although he wasn't on the team that walked off the court, he said he would have walked off and not shook hands.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-04-29, 14:51

I think the Houston Rockets would have fucked Jordan’s bulls up. Hakeem in the middle and plenty of good shooting on the perimeter.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-04-29, 14:57

steveschneider wrote:[tw]1255232094105677830?s=21[/tw]

That’s a great quote.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-04-29, 15:25

Jordan very well may be the GOAT, but he's also a colossal bitch.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-04-29, 15:30

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:[tw]1255232094105677830?s=21[/tw]

That’s a great quote.

Even stranger that MJ still haunts a bunch of grown men who never played professional basketball, or maybe just Steve.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-29, 15:43

steveschneider wrote:Never saw this one before. Pretty fucking cheap play as well.

that's a damn chop block and a 15 yard penalty in the NFL.  Fuck Michael Jordan - Page 3 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-05-02, 00:11

I listened to an interesting podcast type of thing today with Terry Foster, Jimmy King (boo) and Tom Mazeway. They had Zeke on. Foster was a beat writer for the Pistons in the Bad Boys era and Isiah drafted King when he was running the Raptors. It's hard to judge character in person let alone on media, but personally I feel like Isiah was absolutely a smiling assassin and a weasel for a long time. I feel like I could see through his facade. But I kind of feel like now he's being pretty genuine. I liked this hit. Seems like he is trying to make peace with everything and he is surprised that MJ is still venomous.

https://www.nrmstreamcast.com/videos/hey19/hey-19-special-king-foster-episode-24/
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-02, 08:51

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

That’s a great quote.

Even stranger that MJ still haunts a bunch of grown men who never played professional basketball, or maybe just Steve.

Huge difference, I have to see his ugly Nike clothing all the time and that fucking silhouette on Michigan gear and listen to dumb Wolverine fans get excited that their school has a deal to have Jordan on their gear...so yeah, I have current shit about Jordan that irks me. Also, every year I have to hear a Jordan vs Lebron debate when Lobron is clearly > Jordan.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-02, 08:55

Saw Rich Eisen mention how much he hated the Pistons when he was a frat boy at UofM and he thought the walking off without the handshake was pitiful. I wonder how he felt when his Wolverines ran off the field after every Dantonio beat down?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-05-02, 11:35

steveschneider wrote:Saw Rich Eisen mention how much he hated the Pistons when he was a frat boy at UofM and he thought the walking off without the handshake was pitiful. I wonder how he felt when his Wolverines ran off the field after every Dantonio beat down?

Stay and rub your ass on midcourt so much more fun
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-05-02, 12:30

steveschneider wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Huge difference, I have to see his ugly Nike clothing all the time and that fucking silhouette on Michigan gear and listen to dumb Wolverine fans get excited that their school has a deal to have Jordan on their gear...so yeah, I have current shit about Jordan that irks me. Also, every year I have to hear a Jordan vs Lebron debate when Lobron is clearly > Jordan.

Jordan is in your head, bro.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-02, 15:25

Turtleneck wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

One of the few productive sports threads we've had on this board in a while and sure enough you can count on someone to come around and try to shut it down. Yeah, Jordan is in my head but guess what? My reaction to Jordan is in your head so take that.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-05-02, 15:40

steveschneider wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

One of the few productive sports threads we've had on this board in a while and sure enough you can count on someone to come around and try to shut it down. Yeah, Jordan is in my head but guess what? My reaction to Jordan is in your head so take that.

This just blew my mind.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-02, 17:30

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

This just blew my mind.

I think I delivered a check mate on that one. Fuck Michael Jordan - Page 3 327981372
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-05-02, 17:34

I try not to hate on greatness. Usually comes off as bitter and jealous.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-02, 17:41

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I try not to hate on greatness. Usually comes off as bitter and jealous.

My memory is foggy but weren't you hating on Tiger Woods in one of the golf threads? Fuck Michael Jordan - Page 3 2599972566
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next