Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus?? We gone?

+33
tGreenWay
Nordic
SawGreen
gomersbro
Travis of the Cosmos
MSU addict
Three_Putt_Par
pulling69
MattyFresh
NigelUno
Izzo Court
kingstonlake
Senior Dickfist
Other Teams Pursuing That
steveschneider
y2kMgrad
InTenSity
duffy munn
Watch Out Pylon!
CORNER BLITZ
AvgMSUJoe
Tim Wakefield
aualum06
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
Dendrobates
Jake from State Farm
Floyd Robertson
Rocinante
Cameron
Heat Miser
Motown Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
37 posters

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-26, 11:30

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:daughter found out last week she had tested positive.

she had woken up with a fever, cough, congestion maybe on Tuesday. Was astute and responsible enough to let her supervisor at MSU know and began self-quarantining after getting tested that afternoon.

her symptoms more or less passed after a day or two, took forever to get her results back. She didn't find out until Friday. She's been in touch with the Michigan Dept of Health And Human Services over the weekend with regard to contact tracing, etc.

More than anything, quarantine sucks. She lives in a house with 10 other people, so they're all getting tested. Some have demonstrated symptoms, etc. Luckily, she has supportive friends bringing her things. We took her a bunch of stuff, left it all on the steps of her house on Saturday. We've Zoom'd with her a lot, she's been as active as she can be considering she hasn't left her room other than to run to the bathroom and grab stuff off the steps that people have left her.

She's obviously young and healthy, but the whole thing sucks. It never had to be like this.

Glad to hear that though she tested positive her symptoms have passed. The disruption of daily activities has to suck, for sure. At least she supportive friends and you're nearby.
yeah, thanks - it definitely is nice in situations like this to have her nearby. I brought that up to her via one of our Zoom calls.. imagine if she was at another school she had applied to, go into, etc - she'd still have friends (I suspect) but 'ol Mom and Dad wouldn't be within walking distance.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-26, 11:35

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Damn dude. Scary stuff. Sounds like she got mild symptoms at least.
yeah, I agree.

overall, she's fortunate. She texted last night and said her workout for the day was dancing around in her room like a wild woman to her favorite 80's songs.. sucks that she is missing two weeks of work, as now my wife is redirecting my allowance to her. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 21 1896033241

but, yeah - we had the conversation with her last night about missing work and said "now imagine you have bills.. like real world bills.. groceries to buy, kids to feed, clothe, etc. And no paid sick time"...

she's a good kid and has always understood that, but it's situations like this that give us all some perspective and (hopefully) become teachable moments.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, Dendrobates and y2kMgrad like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-26, 11:47

Sorry to hear that, Bob, but glad she is doing better, and glad that she and you and your wife have been being safe (I think) by not seeing her much. I know that must be tough, but even being so close, like you mentioned, still must be comforting.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-26, 12:23

MiamiSpartan wrote:Sorry to hear that, Bob, but glad she is doing better, and glad that she and you and your wife have been being safe (I think) by not seeing her much.  I know that must be tough, but even being so close, like you mentioned, still must be comforting.
thanks, dude - last time we saw her was 17 days ago (on her 21st birthday) - luckily, she had no symptoms, etc - no reason to even know she had been exposed. I'm not worried about that - we were socially distanced and masked up (when not having a beer).

realizing that people have it much worse, I just want her to be healthy and virus-negative for Thanksgiving. I realize it's a month or so away, but it would suck if she couldn't come home.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-10-26, 12:29

Wow, very sorry to hear this, but it sounds as though you guys are having some positive progress. My kid gets tested quite often because she has to go observe some procedures at hospitals. What’s funny is her close friends have jobs where they’re tested or they get self tested because they’re in fields that seem to require. You’re happy they come back negative but it kind of freaks you out that they have to be tested. We live in a weird time.

Please give our crazy swill best to your kid and keep us up to date on progress.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-26, 12:31

DWags wrote:Wow, very sorry to hear this, but it sounds as though you guys are having some positive progress. My kid gets tested quite often because she has to go observe some procedures at hospitals. What’s funny is her close friends have jobs where they’re tested or they get self tested because they’re in fields that seem to require. You’re happy they come back negative but it kind of freaks you out that they have to be tested. We live in a weird time.

Please give our crazy swill best to your kid and keep us up to date on progress.
will do - thanks, DWags.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-10-26, 12:50

Yeesh... I thought she could claim unemployment for the 2 weeks or something??

my kid got tested because he drove a kid into school who was "out with a fever" for two days from school, but was untested because his parent didn't "believe" in it...

DA FUQ?

Sigh... So he tested, came back negative, but still.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-10-26, 13:25

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Yeesh... I thought she could claim unemployment for the 2 weeks or something??

my kid got tested because he drove a kid into school who was "out with a fever" for two days from school, but was untested because his parent didn't "believe" in it...

DA FUQ?

There are far too many people with this attitude in this country. There was an incident at my local grocery store this weekend where some whackadoodle got pissed about having to wear a mask in the store. She threw a fit and started throwing food at the checkout girl who told her to put on a mask. Cops were called but she ran off by the time they got there. That's all I know. I'm assuming they got her license number and plan on charging her.

I really HATE these people. Fucking bottom of the barrel types that need to crawl back into whatever hole they came from.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-10-26, 13:56

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Yeesh... I thought she could claim unemployment for the 2 weeks or something??

DA FUQ?

So, my local school district sent a friends kid home because he was sitting behind a kid who tested positive for Covid. O.K., I get that. But here's the rub. He's home two weeks. His younger brother who is one year below him, continues to go to school. He lives at home with him. This is just kind of crazy in my opinion.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-10-26, 14:34

Duffy- Its almost impossible with a family that large to have everyone be responsible . We're still trying to figure out the family dynamics ourselves.

Bob- im sorry to hear that. So thankful she's recovering well with it.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-26, 14:52

Dendrobates wrote:Duffy- Its almost impossible with a family that large to have everyone be responsible . We're still trying to figure out the family dynamics ourselves.

Bob- im sorry to hear that. So thankful she's recovering well with it.
thanks Dendro - yeah, she seems to be okay. She apparently just walked to Valley Court Park to get some fresh air, as I just received some photographic documentation of it.

her biggest problem right now is just cabin fever with being quarantined.. freakin' kid and her sense of personal responsibility. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 21 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-26, 14:56

DWags wrote:

DA FUQ?

So, my local school district sent a friends kid home because he was sitting behind a kid who tested positive for Covid.  O.K., I get that.  But here's the rub.  He's home two weeks. His younger brother who is one year below him, continues to go to school.  He lives at home with him.  This is just kind of crazy in my opinion.
there is a lot of insanity surrounding all of it.

with the failure of national leadership, I think school officials are afraid to do what needs to be done because they don't want some knuckle-dragger showing up at the door with an assault rifle and screeching about 'freedom'.

the sense of responsibility and 'greater good', obviously, should come from home but a) as you know, America is a stupid country and b) some parents who might have well-intentions simply don't have the resources or are equipped with knowing what the right thing to do is.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-10-26, 15:03

Well, If you are asymptomatic and... fuck it read it yerself.

If you trust it wasn't warped by the current admin. (of course)...

AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-26, 15:22

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Well, If you are asymptomatic and... fuck it read it yerself.

If you trust it wasn't warped by the current admin. (of course)...

yeah - believe the information coming from the same people who called it a 'hoax' at your own peril.

(and, more importantly, the peril of those around you).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-10-26, 19:39

Thoughts and prayers Bob, and not the same kind of thoughts and prayers that come out of politicians mouths.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-26, 19:44

Jake from State Farm wrote:Thoughts and prayers Bob, and not the same kind of thoughts and prayers that come out of politicians mouths.
Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 21 502811600

Thanks, my dude. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 21 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-10-29, 10:01

Daughter spiked a temperature a couple nights ago. We're gonna get tested today. My son's teacher wanted us to keep him home until we're tested or for 10 days. Her best friend is having a small bday party this weekend we're supposed to go to. No one else has any symptoms, but this is the new world we live in. Went to the Dr yesterday and they didn't see any infections in teh throat or ear.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-10-29, 10:40

InTenSity wrote:Daughter spiked a temperature a couple nights ago. We're gonna get tested today. My son's teacher wanted us to keep him home until we're tested or for 10 days. Her best friend is having a small bday party this weekend we're supposed to go to. No one else has any symptoms, but this is the new world we live in. Went to the Dr yesterday and they didn't see any infections in teh throat or ear.

Hoping it’s nothing.
That happened to our daughter in late Aug. No one else was sick, but she spiked a fever out of no where. They tested her and it was negative thankfully. I’m hoping it’s the same for you.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-29, 12:08

InTenSity wrote:Daughter spiked a temperature a couple nights ago. We're gonna get tested today. My son's teacher wanted us to keep him home until we're tested or for 10 days. Her best friend is having a small bday party this weekend we're supposed to go to. No one else has any symptoms, but this is the new world we live in. Went to the Dr yesterday and they didn't see any infections in teh throat or ear.
keep us posted, man. Hope all is well.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-10-29, 12:13

Looks like DWags should be leading 45's response. DWags saw this coming.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-10-29, 12:23

Turtleneck wrote:Looks like DWags should be leading 45's response. DWags saw this coming.

I have no idea what this means. I rarely see anything coming and I usually don’t know what happened.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-10-29, 12:24

Yikes. Scary. Best to her and you guys. Thoughts are with you.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-29, 13:28

Fingers crossed for you guys!
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-29, 14:00

Wishing the best and hoping it's nothing serious.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-10-29, 14:09

We all tested negative. Her fever has been gone since yesterday. I can golf this weekend.

Thanks for all the well wishes!
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, MiamiSpartan, tGreenWay, Dendrobates, WhiteBoyHatcher, y2kMgrad and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-29, 14:24

InTenSity wrote:We all tested negative. Her fever has been gone since yesterday. I can golf this weekend.

Thanks for all the well wishes!
Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 21 22cdff9cd6f72d3700675e0c59024b9a

woo hoo!!

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-10-29, 15:51

I joined the COVID Positive fraternity confirmed last Saturday. I was one without respiratory issues, a low grade temp of less than 100, no cough, no GI issues. My wife had the high temps. Both had major fatigue, no appetite and body ache that kept sleep in 2-3 hour chunks. Big trip was to the kitchen or mailbox every few days. We both thought it was flu until everything started tasting stale.

Both got tested after taste got worse and noticed I’d lost 15 lbs in 8-9 days. I’m positive and wife had an anti-body blood test today after a negative swab test. Last time out of the house were I saw a person for more than 2 minutes was 2 weeks ago getting dental work.

Doc said MI didn’t have any reported flu cases and he was 90% sure it was COVID. (The US only had 2 reported clusters of flu as of last Friday, in IA and in WVA.)

We’re lucky. I developed a cough on Sat morning but no breathing issues. Just fatigue, loss of appetite and nothing tastes good. I remember Dendro’s brother’s episode so it’s count your blessings time at our house.

I’m told the fatigue can last from 2 weeks to 3 months. Was told if I have chest pain I’ll need to be checked for myocarditis.

One more thing. Please wear your damned masks.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-10-29, 16:28

Best of luck to you GRR. Keep us updated.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-10-29, 16:29

Wow that's scary. So you think you got it at the dentist? Or no idea?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-10-29, 16:44

Good thoughts for you, GRR. Bob, I hope your kid continues her recovery, and InTen, that’s great news.

Meanwhile, there’s a new variant moving through Europe:

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/10/29/coronavirus-variant-seen-spreading-across-europe-research-says.html
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2020-10-29, 16:56

Well wishes to GRR, Bob's Daugher and all the others. It is some scary shit but as dendros brother taught us it is beatable.
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-10-29, 17:01

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Wow that's scary. So you think you got it at the dentist? Or no idea?

I went to a local post office where it was crowded I spent 3-4 minutes until I realized that was dumb, drove to a smaller post office 7 miles away.

The other is a neighbor's maintenance person who stood outside my door for about 5 minutes the same day talking about construction that was scheduled to go on next door. I was a dope and didn't wear a mask because I never left the house. Wife remembered he wasn't wearing a mask.

I know the post office manager, the owner of the maintenance company and dentist have been contacted by the county health department. The dentists was happy to get the heads up. Not so sure about the others.

Its no fun and I have a "mild case" according to my doctor and the health department.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-10-29, 17:03

GRR Spartan wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Wow that's scary. So you think you got it at the dentist? Or no idea?

I went to a local post office where it was crowded I spent 3-4 minutes until I realized that was dumb, drove to a smaller post office 7 miles away.

The other is a neighbor's maintenance person who stood outside my door for about 5 minutes the same day talking about construction that was scheduled to go on next door. I was a dope and didn't wear a mask because I never left the house. Wife remembered he wasn't wearing a mask.

I know the post office manager, the owner of the maintenance company and dentist have been contacted by the county health department. The dentists was happy to get the heads up. Not so sure about the others.

Its no fun and I have a "mild case" according to my doctor and the health department.

Keep an eye on your oxygen level. Your phone might have an oximeter or you can get one pretty cheap online.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-29, 17:13

Shit, GRR, sorry to hear that. I'm glad things aren't too bad, and hope it continues and you have a speedy recovery.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-10-29, 17:48

Yeah GRR. Take care of yourself. This motherfucking thing can turn on a dime. Keep posting updates l, please.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-10-29, 18:09

Best wishes on a speedy recovery for you and your wife, GRR.

ps. What Heat said about a pulse oximeter is good idea.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-10-29, 19:46

Damn, best wishes for a speedy recovery for both you and your wife GRR.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-10-29, 20:03

GRR Spartan wrote:

Man, be careful. Best wishes for a speedy recovery
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-10-29, 20:46

Thanks to all for the best wishes from all.

Thanks to Heat Miser. The O2 meter was ordered from Amazon about 30 minutes after I read your post.

You all stay well and stay careful. We did about everything right since the onset of the pandemic and it still got to our home. Trips to the dentist for the wife and I were to replace a fractured crowns and they've spent $1000's on plexiglass doors, air filters etc.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-10-29, 21:13

GL GRR. Add vitamin D to your Amazon order.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next