Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus - The Political Side

+28
TrapperGus
Green money
GRR Spartan
Floyd Robertson
Nordic
Motown Spartan
Dendrobates
msugolfguy
I.B. Fine
Heat Miser
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
Jake from State Farm
Travis of the Cosmos
WhiteBoyHatcher
AvgMSUJoe
MiamiSpartan
InTenSity
Rocinante
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
Turtleneck
kingstonlake
DWags
MattyFresh
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
Cameron
32 posters

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 14 Empty Re: Coronavirus - The Political Side

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-05, 18:39

kingstonlake wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I call bullshit. All kinds of reporters and photographers there. It's 6pm on a Friday. Primetime. Biden gave a good speech in Grand Rapids wishing him well, looking presidential. Suck the air out of the room. Seize the moment and ratings. The ratings president. "I beat the china Flu! They tried to kill your president and I beat them. I defeated the Covid. I've been through the most serious medical situation in the biggest of all historical moments! Unprecedented! All in your living room on Friday night made for TV reality extravaganza.....and of course the media is getting completely sucked in.

At least put someone on TV to remind people of this clowns attention crave.

Bump for the prime time made for TV 6:30pm helicopter ride release of the hero battling the White House flu. You knew it was coming. I told them I was walking out! You’re favorite President is a fighter!

Yeah, but no way is this all fake though. If so, it is beyond brilliant the way they've made all of the communication look like a mis-managed clusterfuck that surprises no one because that is what people expect from this administration. That would take some incredible self-awareness to recognize that and some incredible and astute planning to execute it on purpose. Hard to think that they're capable of either.

I just think this is his hail mary. Desperate as can be, he tells his docs he can't stay there. Tells them to pump him full of whatever just to make him able to walk and put on a show for a few minutes here and there. Meanwhile, in so doing, he completely misjudged that no one is there to catch his hail mary, as his WRs are running shallow crossing routes on 4th and 2 because there's still 5 minutes left in the game. In other words, his joyride, his early leaving from the hospital, and especially his "Dont be afraid if Covid" statement, is going to lose him more votes than he gained.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 14 Empty Re: Coronavirus - The Political Side

Post by kingstonlake 2020-10-05, 18:52

MiamiSpartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Bump for the prime time made for TV 6:30pm helicopter ride release of the hero battling the White House flu. You knew it was coming. I told them I was walking out! You’re favorite President is a fighter!

Yeah, but no way is this all fake though. If so, it is beyond brilliant the way they've made all of the communication look like a mis-managed clusterfuck that surprises no one because that is what people expect from this administration. That would take some incredible self-awareness to recognize that and some incredible and astute planning to execute it on purpose. Hard to think that they're capable of either.

I just think this is his hail mary. Desperate as can be, he tells his docs he can't stay there. Tells them to pump him full of whatever just to make him able to walk and put on a show for a few minutes here and there. Meanwhile, in so doing, he completely misjudged that no one is there to catch his hail mary, as his WRs are running shallow crossing routes on 4th and 2 because there's still 5 minutes left in the game. In other words, his joyride, his early leaving from the hospital, and especially his "Dont be afraid if Covid" statement, is going to lose him more votes than he gained.

I’m sure he’s positive. I’m just laughing at the orchestrated theater once he did. Some of it is sickening. Basically dismissing what the average person has to go through and more or less telling them to suck it up if they get it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-05, 18:54

I bet the nurses don't want to be left alone in a room with Trump.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-10-05, 19:03

Holy shit. Gets off the chopper, walks up the steps to the whitehouse, turns to the camera and takes off his mask. Stands there at the White House saluting repeatedly. Turns and walks into the White House without his mask.

He’s insane.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-10-05, 19:52

LOL orange douche had his entrance into the whitehouse “re shot” because he wasn’t happy with the first one. All kinds of people standing around while he’s mask less reshooting his entrance.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-05, 20:17

My wife showed me a video of our christian hero gasping for air.

I actually feel bad for the air.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-05, 20:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:My wife showed me a video of our christian hero gasping for air.

Translation: Bob was watching the mainstream media again.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-05, 20:47

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-05, 20:48

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:My wife showed me a video of our christian hero gasping for air.

Translation: Bob was watching the mainstream media again.
it was pretty funny.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-10-05, 21:56

The media is making their nut off the Trump news this weekend. It has been great for clicks/views. Trump obv makes it pretty easy, but they have been absolutely been injecting a little  Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 14 1550444538  in their reports to keep us all hooked.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-10-06, 00:22

At this point everything he does may possibly be to cash in on a post presidency world.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-10-06, 01:15

Nordic wrote:The media is making their nut off the Trump news this weekend. It has been great for clicks/views. Trump obv makes it pretty easy, but they have been absolutely been injecting a little  Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 14 1550444538  in their reports to keep us all hooked.

I did it all for the clickies

What?

The clickies

What?

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-10-06, 05:35

Rocinante wrote:
Nordic wrote:The media is making their nut off the Trump news this weekend. It has been great for clicks/views. Trump obv makes it pretty easy, but they have been absolutely been injecting a little  Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 14 1550444538  in their reports to keep us all hooked.

I did it all for the clickies

What?

The clickies

What?

And you can take that mask

And shove it up your
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Rocinante likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-10-06, 08:28

It's a two way street with Trump though. guy stages the Helicopter landing on the WH lawn, getting out, walking up the Truman stairs, (he never does that he goes in on ground floor) getting to the top, taking his mask off and giving two thumbs up. If that wasn't staged for the media and the saplings, I have no idea what was.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-06, 08:54

DWags wrote:

It's a two way street with Trump though. guy stages the Helicopter landing on the WH lawn, getting out, walking up the Truman stairs, (he never does that he goes in on ground floor) getting to the top, taking his mask off and giving two thumbs up. If that wasn't staged for the media and the saplings, I have no idea what was.
I heard that like the good foot soldiers they are, all of the mainstream media networks covered it live. Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 14 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-06, 09:17

Couldn’t agree more. Even when they fixated a camera on the empty helicopter for a while I was like here we go again. It was the news camera fixated on the podium 2016 all over again.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-06, 09:19

My take on all this I hope he gets better but I don’t give a fuck about up to the minute updates. I’m still convinced he’s awful at leading us through a pandemic and has been a terrible example through all this. Mask up people and vote.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-10-06, 09:34

That's a million dollar take Steve.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-10-06, 09:35

His last (hopefully) big hurrah and hail mary is this. It's concerning.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/nation/coronavirus/2020/10/06/white-house-nixes-tougher-fda-guidelines-vaccine-approval/114228636/
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-06, 10:00

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:That's a million dollar take Steve.

It's really just that simple. I think people are forgetting the fundamentals and getting caught up in the spectacle.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-06, 10:08

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:His last (hopefully) big hurrah and hail mary is this. It's concerning.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/nation/coronavirus/2020/10/06/white-house-nixes-tougher-fda-guidelines-vaccine-approval/114228636/

The importance of print journalism right there, smart people can read it and see the game plan. We can also draw a reasonable conclusion it's a death cult running the show. Vote people.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-10-06, 19:06

[tw]1313611970655006721[/tw]

Covid doesn't discriminate, eh, Stephen?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-06, 19:11

Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1313611970655006721[/tw]

Covid doesn't discriminate, eh, Stephen?
I guess a KKK mask doesn't count.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-06, 22:15

Maybe my favorite Lincoln Project ad yet.

Covita

[tw]1313655008173404161?s=09[/tw]
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-10-07, 05:00

Not sure musical references are the way into the persuadable Republican hearts and minds. But hey they got money so knock themselves out I guess.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-07, 06:53

Rocinante wrote:Not sure musical references are the way into the persuadable Republican hearts and minds. But hey they got money so knock themselves out I guess.

Sometimes ads can just be funny for the sake of being funny and poking fun. It costs nothing to send it out on social media.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-10-07, 10:01

I think this is a legit point by Couch in the LSJ.

The irony is it's the absence of a statewide mask mandate that threatens Michigan businesses

Wouldn't a "small business" owner worth his salt realize the people with the money to spend aren't necessarily the obstinate goobers who hate their neighbors?
I am personally boycotting multiple restaurants due to their lax mask enforcement. (and I usually order appetizers AND multiple drinks)...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-07, 10:10

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I think this is a legit point by Couch in the LSJ.

The irony is it's the absence of a statewide mask mandate that threatens Michigan businesses

Wouldn't a "small business" owner worth his salt realize the people with the money to spend aren't necessarily the obstinate goobers who hate their neighbors?
I am personally boycotting multiple restaurants due to their lax mask enforcement. (and I usually order appetizers AND multiple drinks)...

The sad thing about it all is instead of politicizing it and making it a partisan fight if we all just wore masks and practiced social distancing for like 30-40 days we'd beat this pandemic back dramatically. It's beyond frustrating that this is where we are.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-10-07, 14:00

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Not sure musical references are the way into the persuadable Republican hearts and minds. But hey they got money so knock themselves out I guess.

Sometimes ads can just be funny for the sake of being funny and poking fun. It costs nothing to send it out on social media.

Yeah I get it. The already converted are the audience. So what’s the point. These guys say their mission is to get Biden elected. How does this (or most of their ads) help. It seems to me that it’s just more of the same ridicule and mudslinging, which is exactly the opposite of the Biden message. So what’s their angle. You know what don’t bother. We’ve sufficiently beaten this horse.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-10-07, 19:52

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:What are the odds of him faking it so he can show up in two weeks saying COVID was no big deal and/or touting the latest miracle drug that "saved" him?

Trump claimed credit for engineering his own cure by requesting the antibody therapy, which is still in trials and unavailable except on a very limited basis. “This was a blessing in disguise. I caught it. I heard about this drug. I said, ‘Let me take it.’ It was my suggestion. I said, ‘Let me take it,’ and it was incredible the way it worked, incredible.”

While hospitalized at Walter Reed Medical Center, Trump began a course of an experimental antibody cocktail manufactured by Regeneron last Saturday. The president had been admitted to the hospital after experiencing multiple drops in his blood oxygen level on Friday, the day after he said he first tested positive for COVID-19. Not approved by the FDA for use for COVID-19 patients, the drug costs more than $100,000 per year for patients who take it to fight cancer and blood disorders.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-says-catching-covid-19-was-a-blessing-from-god-230251826.html

Bizzump
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-10-07, 20:17

I mean honestly, anyone who has been following the whole covid thing who has half a brain knows that antibodies would work. The trick is more being able to mass produce those antibodies, deliver them via plasma or vaccine or other methods, pass through clinical trials and ramp up production to a scale that would actually make a difference. We've been speculating here for months, maybe since damn near the beginning of this thing that these guys were trotting around like morons maskless because they likely had already been given an antibody treatment. Turns out they were just dumb.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-10-08, 08:51

I think the WH is going to start pushing herd immunity as soon as this super spreader event is over. They're going to pivot to an official message of "Open everything and there vulnerable can stay home". This is not going to be great news for the rest of us, because the cult will take this to an extreme once it becomes an official thing.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-10-08, 10:39

OMG another low.

Trump says Gold Star families could have given him Covid-19
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-10-08, 11:54

[tw]1314230213409075201[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-10-08, 12:01

Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1314230213409075201[/tw]

You know the fucktard in chief can't stand being called out on HIS network... lol. Just think if a moderator actually had a mute button. I might actually watch that debate.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-08, 12:40

Floyd Robertson wrote:OMG another low.

Trump says Gold Star families could have given him Covid-19

When he called into Hannity between the time the Hope Hicks news broke and the time he admitted he was positive, he tried blaming the military for infecting Hicks. And now this. Yet he doesnt blame the SCOTUS event? He thinks people are going to buy that he loves and respects the military?

But was the President of ND at that event? The Senators on the Judicial Committee? No, they were at the WH the day before the gold star event.

Let's also keep in mind how many people that arent famous may have been infected at his super spreader SCOTUS event. And the families that people were there infected. Kellyanne Conway gave it to her 15yo daughter, who is having it worse off than Kellyanne (my daughter follows her on tik tok, as she's pretty popular on there). I think the NYT reporter that was at that event said his wife now has it. How many aren't saying who in their families have it?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-10-08, 15:27

For my part, I hope he dies. I only hope he can infect Barr and McConnell first, and they die too. It would solve so many problems.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

InTenSity, kingstonlake and MattyFresh like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-10-08, 17:56

Cameron wrote:For my part, I hope he dies. I only hope he can infect Barr and McConnell first, and they die too. It would solve so many problems.

I would click the "like" button but at my age I don't want the Secret Service or Feebs knocking on my door.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-10-08, 18:32

If rooting for the rona to bring Donnie down is a crime, take me away.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

MattyFresh likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-10-08, 20:36

Mayor Pete absolutely killing Trump on Fox News appearances per clips on Twitter. So great. I love this guy. Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 14 1966794946Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 14 1966794946
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next