Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neera Tanden gets voted down for OMB leader. Why?

+11
InTenSity
Turtleneck
kingstonlake
Heat Miser
Travis of the Cosmos
AvgMSUJoe
GRR Spartan
Cameron
steveschneider
Rocinante
DWags
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Neera Tanden gets voted down for OMB leader. Why? - Page 2 Empty Re: Neera Tanden gets voted down for OMB leader. Why?

Post by steveschneider Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 11:23

Your link about the 'assault' makes me like her even more.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Neera Tanden gets voted down for OMB leader. Why? - Page 2 Empty Re: Neera Tanden gets voted down for OMB leader. Why?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 11:32

Tell me more about why you like neera tanden Steve. There’s been plenty of reasons listed not to like this person, why did you decide you like her (it is acceptable to say “because biden nominated her”. It would be unusually honest, but you’d gain some amount of respect.)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 11:37

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Tell me more about why you like neera tanden Steve. There’s been plenty of reasons listed not to like this person, why did you decide you like her (it is acceptable to say “because biden nominated her”. It would be unusually honest, but you’d gain some amount of respect.)

The far left spent all summer sending out links about Biden's long career and whined everyday that the DNC had no clue. They also forwarded around videos of his stuttering problems and tried to make him out to have dementia and underscored every link about a woman politician giving a Wall Street speech. I carefully reviewed your links and I still think Neera is a good choice.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 11:38

That has literally nothing to do with neera tanden steve. I’m going to take that as “I have no idea why I like her”. Thank you for your input your voice is no longer needed for this study, I appreciate it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 11:48

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:That has literally nothing to do with neera tanden steve. I’m going to take that as “I have no idea why I like her”. Thank you for your input your voice is no longer needed for this study, I appreciate it.
Steve obviously likes her because she annoys the Bernie wing of the party (and many others, obviously). Just like MAGA chuds creaming themselves over anyone who owns the libs. That is the level steve operates on.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 11:55

Also meant to add all summer the far left spread fear that Biden was coming for social security based on a speech from the early nineties. Seriously guys work on some better material.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 12:15

Why did you mean to add that? What does that have to do with Neera Tanden?

Seriously, get tested for syphilis.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 12:27

Cameron wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:That has literally nothing to do with neera tanden steve. I’m going to take that as “I have no idea why I like her”. Thank you for your input your voice is no longer needed for this study, I appreciate it.
Steve obviously likes her because she annoys the Bernie wing of the party (and many others, obviously). Just like MAGA chuds creaming themselves over anyone who owns the libs. That is the level steve operates on.

Nancy says hello.....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 12:32

The centrist dems are coming for your social security is just such an effective attack.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 12:49

Cameron wrote:Why did you mean to add that? What does that have to do with Neera Tanden?

In my original response.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 12:50

seems like she drives insecure white misogynists insane, so she seems pretty cool to me.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 12:58

Such a tired and predictable take from Bob. "Oh, you don't like this awful woman? You must be a misogynist. I'm so much better than you."
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 12:59

Cameron wrote:Such a tired and predictable take from Bob. "Oh, you don't like this awful woman? You must be a misogynist. I'm so much better than you."

Thank goodness she never made money off a Wall Street speech!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 12:59

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:Why did you mean to add that? What does that have to do with Neera Tanden?

In my original response.
I understand that you meant to add it to your original response. That in no way explains what the fuck your syphillitic ramblings have to do with Neera Tanden.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 13:02

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

In my original response.
I understand that you meant to add it to your original response. That in no way explains what the fuck your syphillitic ramblings have to do with Neera Tanden.

Is making an addendum a symptom of syphilis?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 13:08

No, but a feverish inability to stay on subject or establish a conceptual link between topics of conversation might be. I'm worried about you, steve. I think you're getting worse.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 13:19

Cameron wrote:No, but a feverish inability to stay on subject or establish a conceptual link between topics of conversation might be. I'm worried about you, steve. I think you're getting worse.

Ha. Progressives scream about some centrist going after social security time and time again. This is patterned behavior. It's your guys bogeyman. This isn't an out of left field take at all.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 13:22

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:No, but a feverish inability to stay on subject or establish a conceptual link between topics of conversation might be. I'm worried about you, steve. I think you're getting worse.

Ha. Progressives scream about some centrist going after social security time and time again. This is patterned behavior. It's your guys bogeyman. This isn't an out of left field take at all.
Unless you are failing miserably at explaining yourself (a very real possibility, I'll admit), the "centrist" you are referring to is Joe Biden. This is a thread about Neera Tanden.

If you're not trolling, your inability to grasp the distinction is deeply troubling.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 13:23

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Unless you are failing miserably at explaining yourself (a very real possibility, I'll admit), the "centrist" you are referring to is Joe Biden. This is a thread about Neera Tanden.

If you're not trolling, you inability to grasp the distinction is deeply troubling.

I think he’s talking about how I said that she advocated for cuts to social security. Which is true, she did. He can find her quotes. It is not a boogeyman or made up. She said it.

No one is saying that it’s going to happen though or that she’s going after it. He’s making that part up in his fever dream.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 13:29

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Cameron wrote:

If you're not trolling, you inability to grasp the distinction is deeply troubling.

I think he’s talking about how I said that she advocated for cuts to social security. Which is true, she did. He can find her quotes. It is not a boogeyman or made up. She said it.

No one is saying that it’s going to happen though or that she’s going after it. He’s making that part up in his fever dream.
I am impressed by your ability to suss out his point. He is either unwilling or unable to explain how his disjointed talking point regurgitation is connected. One minute, he's spouting about people discussing Biden's mental acuity, the next, he's talking about wall street speeches, the next, he's talking about social security. He's really all over the place.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 14:17

Biden and Tanden aren't taking away your social security.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 14:18

Your guys inability to keep up is hilarious. Got syphilis?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 14:31

steveschneider wrote:Your guys inability to keep up is hilarious. Got syphilis?
This is the problem with idiots who also have a complete lack of self awareness.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 14:32

Also just like Biden I have some brogressive attacking my cognitive abilities. Feel like I must be doing something right! Neera Tanden gets voted down for OMB leader. Why? - Page 2 502811600
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 14:33

steveschneider wrote:

Also just like Biden I have some brogressive attacking my cognitive abilities. Feel like I must be doing something right! Neera Tanden gets voted down for OMB leader. Why? - Page 2 502811600
This is the problem with idiots who also have a complete lack of self awareness.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 15:19

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Neera and Biden aren't going to take away your social security.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 15:23

I'm 32, I've been pretty sure social security won't be around by the time I'm old enough to qualify for most of my adult life.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 15:39

Cameron wrote:I'm 32, I've been pretty sure social security won't be around by the time I'm old enough to qualify for most of my adult life.

I used to say that too many years ago. Mitch & Co want that viewpoint to take hold.

Old people vote. Try to take away their SS & you're out. It may get watered down some (raising the age, etc.), but it ain't going away.

Eliminate the cap on withholding & you buy another 30 years of solvency. Also, once the Boomers start dying off, things will get more balanced.

I find it interesting that the govt can be 20+ trillion in debt & running a deficit every year, but there's so much hand wringing over SS, which is actually in the black & won't go red for another 2 decades.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Floyd Robertson and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 17:46

Hope you're right. Thinking 30 years down the line in this day and age feels like something of a fool's errand anyhow.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 18:01

BTW & FYI...even if nothing is done and the SS fund dries up, it doesn't mean you get nothing. It just means they can only pay out what they bring in. Currently, that would be a 25% cut to benefits.

Think about how seniors might vote if you even threatened to cut 25% of their benefits. Historically, even mentioning such a thing would put your political career in jeopardy. That's why Mitch uses code words like "entitlement reform".

SS will be there when you get old. Guaranteed. It's not enough to live the good life (max out that 401k), but it's your money and you're "entitled" to it.

Bonus fact: the SS trust fund actually grew by $2 billion last year. Current projections say the fund will last until 2065. You'll be 76 at time Cameron. 11+ years into receiving benefits assuming you start at 65.

Last edited by Heat Miser on Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 18:29; edited 1 time in total
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 18:13

Summary: Actuarial Status of the Social Security Trust Funds

Amazingly, the SSA runs on only 0.6% overhead cost.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 26 Feb 2021 - 6:26

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/25/us/politics/neera-tanden.html?referringSource=articleShare

So I’m reading through this article and I’m like okay where’s the problem? Feel like taking these types of jabs has been a part of politics for a long time.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Fri 26 Feb 2021 - 9:55

steveschneider wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/25/us/politics/neera-tanden.html?referringSource=articleShare

So I’m reading through this article and I’m like okay where’s the problem? Feel like taking these types of jabs has been a part of politics for a long time.

Wingnut hypocrisy again. For 4+ years the standard R response to tOrange Asshat's Twitter idiocy was "I haven't seen it". But they're all tweet historians now when it comes to Tanden.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 26 Feb 2021 - 10:09

Heat Miser wrote:
steveschneider wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/25/us/politics/neera-tanden.html?referringSource=articleShare

Wingnut hypocrisy again. For 4+ years the standard R response to tOrange Asshat's Twitter idiocy was "I haven't seen it". But they're all tweet historians now when it comes to Tanden.

Also going off Murkowski's body language in the photo and her response to when the Waspo reporter is reading her Tanden's tweet saying she is 'high on her own supply' Neera Tanden gets voted down for OMB leader. Why? - Page 2 502811600 was almost like 'whut I've heard a lot worse'. That photo is her real time reaction to it, prior to that tweet didn't even register a blip. 2016 Her emails and 2020 her tweets!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 2 Mar 2021 - 18:50

[tw]1366898496238981120[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 2 Mar 2021 - 19:05

Mean girls!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 2 Mar 2021 - 19:07

What a bunch of BS and a set back to the progressive movement.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue 2 Mar 2021 - 22:26

Neera Tanden gets voted down for OMB leader. Why? - Page 2 502811600

Fucking steve...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 3 Mar 2021 - 6:48

Cameron wrote:Neera Tanden gets voted down for OMB leader. Why? - Page 2 502811600

Fucking steve...

The Sanders and Justice Dem Wing was just tremendous through this process.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 3 Mar 2021 - 8:39

[tw]1366903566863110148?s=21[/tw]
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next