Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January 6th committee hearings

+26
Rick Saunders
duffy munn
Dendrobates
tGreenWay
sεяεηιτλ
aualum06
kingstonlake
Trapper Gus
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
gomersbro
Motown Spartan
Bredo Morstoel
PennSpartan
AvgMSUJoe
NigelUno
RQA
TrapperGus
Travis of the Cosmos
Jake from State Farm
MiamiSpartan
Heat Miser
steveschneider
Turtleneck
GRR Spartan
DWags
30 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

January 6th committee hearings - Page 2 Empty Re: January 6th committee hearings

Post by Trapper Gus 2021-12-28, 09:20

shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort

Quoting Bob as a spokesperson for the Democratic Party exemplifies his point.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

January 6th committee hearings - Page 2 Empty Re: January 6th committee hearings

Post by Trapper Gus 2021-12-28, 09:26

DWags wrote:What, do you expect, comes out of them?  Will enough testimony be covered by executive privilege that a big fat goose egg comes out of them?  They won’t change anyone’s opinion of the pos scumbags who caused it.  That’s my opinion

Disagree at this point.

It is looking like Trump ran a well-planned campaign to subvert the Presidential election, with a significant majority of the elected Republicans on his side, and it is all coming out via the committee investigations.

Oddly, the thing that short circuited the plan was the rioting of the Trump mob outside the Capital, which frightened the Representatives and Senators, who were part of the plan, from continuing on with their stall tactics of endless objections.  The Trump mob rioting was not part of the plan, which is why Trump et al believe in their hearts that it was their political enemies who caused the mob to riot.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/12/27/2071445/-drip-drip-drip-of-thirst-mutilating-previous-guy-ordered-election-decertification-on-1-6

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/12/27/2071452/-Select-Committee-to-Investigate-the-Hotline-between-the-White-House-and-the-Willard-Command-Center

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/12/27/2071437/-Jan-6-Committee-to-Begin-Public-Phase
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2021-12-28, 09:47

steveschneider wrote: Time to save our democracy is running out.

January 6th committee hearings - Page 2 1550444538
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2021-12-28, 09:59

RQA wrote:

There is a truth that a person interprets the actions of other people using what the person would do in the situation the other people are in.

Thus, it is understandable that RQA interprets the committee as a pollical attack, as that is what the Republicans did for all 8 years that they controlled the US House.  Endless investigations of Benghazi, when the first one showed what had happened and the rest were just an attack machine against Democratic leaders.

There was very little "meat" for the Benghazi investigations, however, it has become pretty clear that there is lots of "meat" for the January 6th Committee, in that Trump et al were trying to follow a plan to subvert the will of the States on and before January 6, 2021.

Not a surprise, based on his beliefs, that RQA believes that the Bipartisan January 6th committee is doing the same thing as the endless Republican Benghazi committees, however, because he is trapped in his own head, he cannot see the difference.  

The Electoral College voting, being originally poorly defined in the Constitution, has always been an Achillies heel of the election process, which is why the 1887 Electoral College Voting Act was developed and passed. Trump et al were the first to try to legally "game" the Act, which does not give the VP the powers they were demanding that Pence grab.   They have since decided to subvert the will of each State's voters at the State level, which may or may not work in a close election.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2021-12-28, 11:22; edited 3 times in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-12-28, 11:17

It's literally just fascism.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fascism

RQA/Trumpets are anti-democracy fascist, and they are dumb enough to think that's amusing.
(insert immature "insult" as a retort completely devoid of content)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2021-12-28, 11:23

AvgMSUJoe wrote:It's literally just fascism.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fascism

RQA/Trumpets are anti-democracy fascist, and they are dumb enough to think that's amusing.
(insert immature "insult" as a retort completely devoid of content)

Sure, they are all over "Let's Go Brandon"
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-12-28, 11:59

RQA wrote:

I too would suggest people are overreacting to the death of democracy if I was one of the people trying to overturn democracy.

January 6th committee hearings - Page 2 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5hpb9o1nfwb1f4a78rf465xtpzdshvk89qrghzvhi&rid=200
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2021-12-28, 13:34

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

RQA/Trumpets are anti-democracy fascist,

Definition of fascism
1often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

Let's see.

Generally I exalt the individual over nation and race; I stand for a decentralized government; I am against dictators; I oppose economic and social regimentation; and I certainly am against suppression of opposition.

You nailed it! I'm a facist!!

January 6th committee hearings - Page 2 420617953
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2021-12-28, 14:40

RQA wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Definition of fascism
1often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

Let's see.

Generally I exalt the individual over nation and race; I stand for a decentralized government; I am against dictators; I oppose economic and social regimentation; and I certainly am against suppression of opposition.

You nailed it! I'm a facist!!

Maybe he figured since you supported Trump, you believed as Trump does. Because Trump is definitely fascist.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2021-12-28, 16:33

RQA wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Definition of fascism

Let's see.

You nailed it!   I'm a facist!!

The only problem you have is that on this board you appear to be all in for the Republicans, who are doing the opposite of everything you say you support, not that the Demcratic Party would hit everything you want so ... scoreboard ...

decentralized government? Dems - no; Repubs - no
against dictators? Dems - yes; Repubs - not so much, so no
oppose economic regimentation? Dems - yes; Repubs - yes
oppose social regimentation? Dems - yes; Repubs - no
against suppression of opposition? Dems - yes; Rebubs - no

So, the Dems end up for four of your wants and one that you don't want to the Repubs who end up with one of your wants and four that you don't want.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-12-28, 18:42

RQA wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Definition of fascism

Let's see.

centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader
social regimentation
forcible suppression of opposition

If this ain't Trumpets nothing is.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-12-28, 19:39

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
RQA wrote:

Definition of fascism

Let's see.

social regimentation

Yep. And “race over individual “ also. Tired of pretending 90-95% of them aren’t dyed in the wool out and out pos racists.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2021-12-29, 08:28

DWags wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:
social regimentation

Yep. And “race over individual “ also. Tired of pretending 90-95% of them aren’t dyed in the wool out and out pos racists.

I wouldn't put the number of overt racists that high, if you include the ones who deny White Privilege then maybe.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-01-05, 06:39

So Trump cancelled his press conference on the anniversary of Jan 6. Claims it was because of the bias and dishonesty of the Jan 6 committee. I though that's why he was holding this press conference in the first place?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-01-05, 07:21

MiamiSpartan wrote:So Trump cancelled his press conference on the anniversary of Jan 6. Claims it was because of the bias and dishonesty of the Jan 6 committee. I though that's why he was holding this press conference in the first place?
seems like a press conference would be a good opportunity for the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator to set the record straight.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-05, 07:43

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:So Trump cancelled his press conference on the anniversary of Jan 6. Claims it was because of the bias and dishonesty of the Jan 6 committee. I though that's why he was holding this press conference in the first place?
seems like a press conference would be a good opportunity for the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator to set the record straight.

A press conference where few attend and they shout questions at him about what he was doing is was not going to be a good look.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-01-05, 10:01

Trapper Gus wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: seems like a press conference would be a good opportunity for the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator to set the record straight.

A press conference where few attend and they shout questions at him about what he was doing is was not going to be a good look.
well I doubt any real journalists, if they even exist anymore, were going to be allowed in.

I suspect someone who took a law class at the University of the Virgin Islands and Institute of TV Repair told him that his statements could then be examined by authorities, the January 6th committee, etc and he could them potentially be asked about them under oath.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-01-05, 13:19

DWags wrote:

And “race over individual “

Race over individual is now the guiding principle of the democrat party.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-01-05, 13:29

RQA wrote:
DWags wrote:

BUILD THE WALL
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-01-05, 18:21

RQA wrote:
DWags wrote:

Donald Trump is the guiding dictator of the Republican Party.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-01-05, 18:38

RQA wrote:
DWags wrote:

Dude, you’re so far up the ass of the 95% racists in that party it’s sad.

Serious, if a gay person a woman or a minority got more rights it doesn’t take any away from angry fat middle age white guy. You just have to compete on an even playing field. I know that would suck for you. but Buck up.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, kingstonlake and PennSpartan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-01-05, 18:44

PennSpartan wrote:
RQA wrote:

Donald Trump is the guiding dictator of the Republican Party.

We'll see. I seriously doubt he gets the nomination.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-01-05, 19:05

DWags wrote:

You just have to compete on an even playing field.

Now you're talking like a Republican.

January 6th committee hearings - Page 2 1486952199
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-05, 20:11

RQA wrote:
DWags wrote:

Hardly, dude. When you admit that white men have a huge advantage in this country then you will be talking about leveling the playing fields.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-01-05, 20:24

RQA wrote:
DWags wrote:

Right, let's send Okemos kids to Eastern and Eastern to Okemos then we can talk about "level" playing field.

Fuck, Trump couldn't get into college without paying for a test taker and he is godlike to you morons.

Hypocritical BS is talking like a republican.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-01-06, 10:00

Trapper Gus wrote:
RQA wrote:

Hardly, dude. When you admit that white men have a huge advantage in this country then you will be talking about leveling the playing fields.

You think white men still have an advantage in today's society? Maybe 10-15 years ago, but certainly not today.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-01-06, 10:05

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

You think white men still have an advantage in today's society? Maybe 10-15 years ago, but certainly not today.
This might be the dumbest thing I have ever read on this board or Wells.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-06, 10:39

PennSpartan wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

This might be the dumbest thing I have ever read on this board or Wells.

The lack of awareness of how white men are viewed in a positive way in the United States is not surprising, but it is someone who is obtuse about people's attitudes.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-01-06, 10:43

the fact that I am living an upper/middle class life while being as dumb as a creek rock is exhibit A that white male privilege not only exists, but proliferates throughout the fabric of America.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-06, 10:44

Robert J Sakimano wrote:the fact that I am living an upper/middle class life while being as dumb as a creek rock is exhibit A that white male privilege not only exists, but proliferates throughout the fabric of America.

Exhibit A, fore sure ....

Musk of Tesla fame would be another.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-01-06, 10:59

RQA is a troll who posts shit to stir the pot and nothing else.

If he dies we’d never know because the next troll up would take over his screen name.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-01-07, 12:27

GRR Spartan wrote:RQA is a troll who posts shit to stir the pot and nothing else.

If he dies we’d never know because the next troll up would take over his screen name.

The best way to handle trolls is to ignore them. You seem incapable of ignoring me, hence I am not a troll.

But if I die, I will be sure to let you know.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-01-13, 22:42

So, Seditious Conspiracy charges against members of the Oath Keepers and others.  Will be interesting to see how quickly they become Oath Breakers to save their skin.  Some pretty incredible things in this indictment, both about plans for Jan 6 and inauguration day.  Huge weapons cache on the outskirts of DC for a "Quick Reaction Force".

I don't get it, they were just tourists!  When I go to Disney or something, I always keep a weapons cache and friends as a Quick Reaction Force nearby.

This is also a good example of how long detailed investigations can take before high profile indictments can be issued.

And I know this wasn't part of the hearings, but I figure this is pretty much the thread for cases relating to Jan 6.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and PennSpartan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-01-14, 08:00

Michigan AG Dana Nessel refers GOP electors review to federal prosecutors

Lansing — Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel said Thursday she referred to federal prosecutors a probe into Republicans who signed and submitted a certificate falsely claiming Donald Trump won Michigan's electoral votes.

The revelation demonstrated the potential seriousness and ongoing nature of the investigation and could have repercussions throughout state politics, as the 16 Republicans in question, include high-ranking members of the state GOP, like Co-Chairwoman Meshawn Maddock.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-14, 08:18

Jake from State Farm wrote:Michigan AG Dana Nessel refers GOP electors review to federal prosecutors

Lansing — Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel said Thursday she referred to federal prosecutors a probe into Republicans who signed and submitted a certificate falsely claiming Donald Trump won Michigan's electoral votes.

The revelation demonstrated the potential seriousness and ongoing nature of the investigation and could have repercussions throughout state politics, as the 16 Republicans in question, include high-ranking members of the state GOP, like Co-Chairwoman Meshawn Maddock.

To me this looks like she is punting because of the coming election and this being too hot to handle.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-01-14, 08:32

Trapper Gus wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:Michigan AG Dana Nessel refers GOP electors review to federal prosecutors

To me this looks like she is punting because of the coming election and this being too hot to handle.

Dana punting? Say it's not so!

Maybe she's still hungover?
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-14, 08:34

The AG's have all been way more political since term limits were put in place, another huge strike against them, term limits I mean.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-01-14, 13:27

Trapper Gus wrote:

Wouldn't this be jurisdiction of the feds, though?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-01-14, 13:54

it's almost like Republicans have contempt for elections, voters and democracy.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-01-14, 15:31

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

it's almost like Republicans have contempt for elections, voters and democracy.

Unless they can gerrymander in their favor. Kind of hard to do in a Presidential election though. That's why they'd rather have the stacked courts decide.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next