Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January 6th committee hearings

+26
Rick Saunders
duffy munn
Dendrobates
tGreenWay
sεяεηιτλ
aualum06
kingstonlake
Trapper Gus
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
gomersbro
Motown Spartan
Bredo Morstoel
PennSpartan
AvgMSUJoe
NigelUno
RQA
TrapperGus
Travis of the Cosmos
Jake from State Farm
MiamiSpartan
Heat Miser
steveschneider
Turtleneck
GRR Spartan
DWags
30 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

January 6th committee hearings - Page 13 Empty Re: January 6th committee hearings

Post by Robert J Sakimano September 22nd 2022, 11:13 am

oh, and, to sort of amplify his point, I would never - ever - under any circumstances spend any time around someone who supports the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator. They are genuinely an existential threat to America, to democracy, to my wife, my daughter, etc.

I remember saying that in another thread about family, etc - and some supporter of the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator predictably got his feelings hurt.   Rolling Eyes

not that I have family, really.. 'cause I don't (beyond my wife and daughter) - we have our 'chosen family' in East Lansing that we spend time, holidays, etc., with.

but, as an example, we have this tailgating crew that we've had for probably a good 8-10 years. Great group of people. One couple, as it turns out, were big fans of the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator.

I haven't seen them at a tailgate - or any other common gatherings - since 2017, I think. They were just no longer welcome. You are the company you keep. That's what we tell our kids, right? Why would it be any different for adults.

life is too short to voluntarily hang out with fascists who want to completely demolish our very way of life and our happiness.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

January 6th committee hearings - Page 13 Empty Re: January 6th committee hearings

Post by MiamiSpartan September 22nd 2022, 1:11 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:the problem (and it's a big one) is that the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator was so corrupt, so violent, so anti-America that it became normalized. Nothing he did/said was surprising. It was normalized by him, by his christian supporters, by the mainstream media, etc.

they could drag a murder victim out of the Mar-o-Lago Truck Stop and Massage Parlor and the mainstream media would have wall-to-wall coverage of the queen's funeral.

not that it's the mainstream media's fault, but they just hold different people to different standards, and they know that America is a stupid (and racist) country and, as such, they benefit greatly from it. It's just the normalization of the corruption, violence, and fascism that America has become numb to.

The mainstream media (apart from FoxNews) had wall to wall coverage for days about the documents being taken out of Mar A Lago, and has been covered extensively and almost continuously since.  January 6th committee hearings - Page 13 2599972566
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano September 22nd 2022, 1:32 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:the problem (and it's a big one) is that the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator was so corrupt, so violent, so anti-America that it became normalized. Nothing he did/said was surprising. It was normalized by him, by his christian supporters, by the mainstream media, etc.

they could drag a murder victim out of the Mar-o-Lago Truck Stop and Massage Parlor and the mainstream media would have wall-to-wall coverage of the queen's funeral.

not that it's the mainstream media's fault, but they just hold different people to different standards, and they know that America is a stupid (and racist) country and, as such, they benefit greatly from it. It's just the normalization of the corruption, violence, and fascism that America has become numb to.

The mainstream media (apart from FoxNews) had wall to wall coverage for days about the documents being taken out of Mar A Lago, and has been covered extensively and almost continuously since.  January 6th committee hearings - Page 13 2599972566
I hope you enjoy it. January 6th committee hearings - Page 13 969504605

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus September 23rd 2022, 8:00 am

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2022-09-22/electoral-count-act-vote-even-mainstream-republicans-are-extreme?srnd=opinion&sref=QFk2DceC

Even Mainstream Republicans Are Pretty Extreme

The narrow House passage of the Electoral Count Act shows that most rank-and-file (Republican) members aren’t willing to defend the Constitution.

The Senate has yet to act on its own version, which is similar, but with 10 co-sponsors from each party, it appears to be well on its way to passage, and there’s every possibility that a reconciled bill will be signed into law later this year.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus October 13th 2022, 4:15 pm

Today's hearing told us all what we already knew about Donald Trump ...

In the words of 1973 ...

January 6th committee hearings - Page 13 Screen48
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags October 13th 2022, 6:57 pm

Holy shit, that new video of the congressional leadership is beyond the pale. What a pile of human shit those scum bags who raided the capital are. Also, Donald Trump and EVERY LAST ONE OF HIS PIECE OF SHIT FOLLOWERS AND DEFENDERS DESERVE TO ROT IN PRISON. I'm talking every fucking one of them. Cowards. Absolute racist cowards. All of them. I'm done. If you defend Trump still, you're beyond a racist piece of shit misogynist. You're a ;person who wants to see our democracy fail because of your racist beliefs. Fuck off all the way to hell.

Not even a rant, it's absolutely true.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, MiamiSpartan, AvgMSUJoe, Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags October 13th 2022, 9:56 pm

Guaranteed Nancy could kick his add. And all of you right wing wimps. All of you second amendment cowards.

[tw]1580712690766712833?s=46&t=46l-tEXjVL7D8Vl63DUuBg[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn October 13th 2022, 10:20 pm

DWags wrote:Holy shit, that new video of the congressional leadership is beyond the pale. What a pile of human shit those scum bags who raided the capital are. Also, Donald Trump and EVERY LAST ONE OF HIS PIECE OF SHIT FOLLOWERS AND DEFENDERS DESERVE TO ROT IN PRISON. I'm talking every fucking one of them. Cowards. Absolute racist cowards. All of them. I'm done. If you defend Trump still, you're beyond a racist piece of shit misogynist. You're a ;person who wants to see our democracy fail because of your racist beliefs. Fuck off all the way to hell.

I saw some of the video of Pelosi and Schumer working the phone and pretty much begging for help. Schumer implored the AG to call the President. He sounded like he was afraid to.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags October 14th 2022, 3:21 am

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:Holy shit, that new video of the congressional leadership is beyond the pale. What a pile of human shit those scum bags who raided the capital are. Also, Donald Trump and EVERY LAST ONE OF HIS PIECE OF SHIT FOLLOWERS AND DEFENDERS DESERVE TO ROT IN PRISON. I'm talking every fucking one of them. Cowards. Absolute racist cowards. All of them. I'm done. If you defend Trump still, you're beyond a racist piece of shit misogynist. You're a ;person who wants to see our democracy fail because of your racist beliefs. Fuck off all the way to hell.

I saw some of the video of Pelosi and Schumer working the phone and pretty much begging for help. Schumer implored the AG to call the President. He sounded like he was afraid to.

All the right wing cowards on their radio were asking “where was Nancy Pelosi”? ALL OF THEM. Fox News too. She was working her ass off trying to save democracy as we know it. She wanted to kick a trumps ass.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan October 14th 2022, 6:36 am

duffy munn wrote:

McConnell and McCarthy and others are seen worried as shit like everyone else. A few weeks later, they were going with the "they were just tourists" narrative.

Honestly, how do Rs have any respect for these guys? I know a lot of them put Trump above everything, so they want the other Rs to be so subservient to him. But there are a lot (like all of them that post here) that say that they don't like Trump, but cheerlead for the rest of these guys that are cuckolds to Trump.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus October 14th 2022, 7:02 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

McConnell and McCarthy and others are seen worried as shit like everyone else. A few weeks later, they were going with the "they were just tourists" narrative.

Honestly, how do Rs have any respect for these guys? I know a lot of them put Trump above everything, so they want the other Rs to be so subservient to him. But there are a lot (like all of them that post here) that say that they don't like Trump, but cheerlead for the rest of these guys that are cuckolds to Trump.

They are like some sport teams fans. They don't care how or who, they just want the side they identify with to win.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano October 14th 2022, 8:02 am

caught a couple of the videos.. the leadership shown by Nancy Pelosi and Schumer, combined with their concern for the Capitol, the people inside, the people fighting to protect it.. not to mention their concern for democracy.. was impressive and inspiring. A true love of country and fellow American on display in real time.

tragic and astoundingly sad that I have to even say that.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn October 14th 2022, 8:05 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:caught a couple of the videos.. the leadership shown by Nancy Pelosi and Schumer, combined with their concern for the Capitol, the people inside, the people fighting to protect it.. not to mention their concern for democracy.. was impressive and inspiring. A true love of country and fellow American on display in real time.

tragic and astoundingly sad that I have to even say that.

I was impressed with Schumer. Dude was pissed.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake October 14th 2022, 8:23 am

It’s really simple. A majority of Republican’s want this. They wanted January 6th to succeed. They knew they’d be fine if it didn’t (and were mostly quiet about it while it was happening) but had no problem if it did.

Democrats need to understand this and act accordingly. This November is going to give us an indicator of how faint or strong the pulse of democracy really is
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags October 14th 2022, 9:22 am

They all knew. Cowards.

[tw]1580671966331031552?s=46&t=ZAOz4Mg3rp4nOtDUR_cAzg[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano October 14th 2022, 9:25 am

kingstonlake wrote:It’s really simple. A majority of Republican’s want this. They wanted January 6th to succeed. They knew they’d be fine if it didn’t (and were mostly quiet about it while it was happening) but had no problem if it did.

Democrats need to understand this and act accordingly. This November is going to give us an indicator of how faint or strong the pulse of democracy really is
yep - and the patriotic, America-lovin' republicans, along with their accomplices in the mainstream media, are doing their best to make Americans believe that the biggest issues facing them are the price of Cheezy-Puffs and the drag queens trying to indoctrinate their 2nd graders.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn October 14th 2022, 9:33 am

DWags wrote:They all knew. Cowards.

Facts won't change the republican narrative that Pelosi is to blame for what happened that day. It's honestly nuts.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus October 14th 2022, 9:46 am

kingstonlake wrote:It’s really simple. A majority of Republican’s want this. They wanted January 6th to succeed. They knew they’d be fine if it didn’t (and were mostly quiet about it while it was happening) but had no problem if it did.

We have a rough idea from the voting and polling already. About 30% of the voting population don't give a fuck about the ideals that the government is based upon.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano October 17th 2022, 8:37 am

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:They all knew. Cowards.

Facts won't change the republican narrative that Pelosi is to blame for what happened that day. It's honestly nuts.
America is a stupid country.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus October 17th 2022, 9:12 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

America is a stupid country.

Great Britian is giving us a run for our money.

Heck, maybe they should turn the day to day running back to Charles III
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano October 17th 2022, 9:51 am

I saw that a certain segment of the America-lovin', patriotic population is outraged that Nancy Pelosi was being videoed? January 6th committee hearings - Page 13 502811600

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus October 17th 2022, 11:08 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I saw that a certain segment of the America-lovin', patriotic population is outraged that Nancy Pelosi was being videoed? January 6th committee hearings - Page 13 502811600

How dare they destroy our propaganda with a real time video. January 6th committee hearings - Page 13 1550444538
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano October 17th 2022, 1:19 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I saw that a certain segment of the America-lovin', patriotic population is outraged that Nancy Pelosi was being videoed? January 6th committee hearings - Page 13 502811600

How dare they destroy our propaganda with a real time video. January 6th committee hearings - Page 13 1550444538
they were cool with a terrorist attack on the Capitol, police officers being beaten with American flags.. people being killed.

but they draw the line at Nancy Pelosi being videoed.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano October 21st 2022, 3:31 pm

the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator has been by subpoenaed by the January 6th committee.

I hope he can take a break from church and from volunteering at the local homeless shelter to find time to go.

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm October 21st 2022, 6:26 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator has been by subpoenaed by the January 6th committee.

I hope he can take a break from church and from volunteering at the local homeless shelter to find time to go.

Caution: Mainstream Media Link

How many lawyers is he going to hire and then not pay to fight it?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano October 24th 2022, 1:08 pm

not specific to the Jan 6th hearing, per se, but it looks like Clarence (don't call him Uncle Tom) Thomas is blocking a subpoena issued by the state of Georgia for christian patriot Lindsey Graham.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus October 25th 2022, 6:42 pm

[tw]1585000988456652800[/tw]

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus November 30th 2022, 11:32 am

https://hartmannreport.com/p/did-some-in-our-federal-police-conspire

Why didn’t the “dogs” of our federal police, investigative, and military agencies “bark” when they knew full well in advance that an armed mob was coming to the Capitol to try to overthrow our government, and that many within the mob were armed and willing to kill (and did) to try to accomplish their goal?

Why, afterward, did the Secret Service and the Department of Defense wipe their phones so the data could never be retrieved? Why has there never been a public examination of most of this?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano December 6th 2022, 12:48 pm

the legislature is honoring the brave officers who protected the Capitol on January 6th today. Quite a few of the officers, families refused to shake the hands of republicans in attendance.

genuine American heroes who know who has their back, who protects the Constitution, democracy and values the lives of police officers.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags, AvgMSUJoe and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags December 6th 2022, 9:58 pm

I’ve seen them snubbing the Republican hand shake. Beautiful
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan December 6th 2022, 10:06 pm

If Herschel Walker, temporary Georgia resident, wins Trump inches back.

If Walker loses the POS former President is a few feet further back from the finish line for a 2nd nomination than he was when Tuesday Dec 6 2022 began.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm December 16th 2022, 5:32 pm

Sounds like the committee is going to refer criminal charges against Trump to the DOJ. Obstruction of an official proceeding and conspiracy to defraud the United States. Also a possible referral for insurrection.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus December 17th 2022, 8:19 am

Jake from State Farm wrote:Sounds like the committee is going to refer criminal charges against Trump to the DOJ. Obstruction of an official proceeding and conspiracy to defraud the United States. Also a possible referral for insurrection.

Is that all?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe December 17th 2022, 9:23 am

Any fucking day now... sheesh. If the shoe was on the other foot the Rs would have indicted and tried (the first round) the case. Probably be on the 3rd or 4th trial.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus December 17th 2022, 9:37 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Any fucking day now... sheesh. If the shoe was on the other foot the Rs would have indicted and tried (the first round) the case. Probably be on the 3rd or 4th trial.

Tried and lost the cases.

There is do for doing's sake, and there us doing it right, as the DOJ under AG Merrick is doing.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe December 17th 2022, 9:48 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Any fucking day now... sheesh. If the shoe was on the other foot the Rs would have indicted and tried (the first round) the case. Probably be on the 3rd or 4th trial.

Tried and lost the cases.

There is do for doing's sake, and there us doing it right, as the DOJ under AG Merrick is doing.
Here's hoping.

Mueller report felt like last years football season.

AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm December 19th 2022, 3:07 pm

Trump set to unleash a bunch of posts in all caps

CNN  — 

The House select committee investigating the January 6, 2021, attack on the US Capitol has concluded that former President Donald Trump was ultimately responsible for the insurrection, laying out for the public and the Justice Department a trove of evidence for why he should be prosecuted for multiple crimes.

“That evidence has led to an overriding and straight-forward conclusion: the central cause of January 6th was one man, former President Donald Trump, who many others followed,” the committee writes in a summary of its final report released on Monday. “None of the events of January 6th would have happened without him.”

The report summary says there’s evidence to pursue Trump on multiple crimes, including obstruction of an official proceeding, conspiracy to defraud the United States, conspiracy to make false statements, assisting or aiding an insurrection, conspiring to injure or impede an officer and seditious conspiracy.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13