Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings

+32
MSU addict
DWags
Pervis Muldoon
The Pantry
Motown Spartan
InTenSity
Nordic
Dendrobates
Travis of the Cosmos
Cameron
MiamiSpartan
Trapper Gus
y2kMgrad
Other Teams Pursuing That
aualum06
PennSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
kingstonlake
Turtleneck
Probably CF
TrapperGus
Rick Saunders
Jake from State Farm
Heat Miser
GRR Spartan
steveschneider
NigelUno
Floyd Robertson
Bill Cain
tGreenWay
SawGreen
AvgMSUJoe
36 posters

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 2 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by DWags Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:33 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:What a disappointing lunch today. Grabbed what I thought to be a Curry Chicken Wrap from the Grab N Go counter at the local food co-op. Turns out it was a Curry Chickpea Wrap....

When you in a hurry
You grab the wrong curry
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:34 pm

DWags wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:What a disappointing lunch today. Grabbed what I thought to be a Curry Chicken Wrap from the Grab N Go counter at the local food co-op. Turns out it was a Curry Chickpea Wrap....

When you in a hurry
You grab the wrong curry

Spittin truth!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:39 pm

Went to Lowe’s at lunch. I had to grab 4 lights for a light fixture in the living room. Grabbed two boxes two lights apiece. Wife wanted me to change all four at once. Daughters serious boyfriend is having dinner with us tonight. First time for a formal dinner with the whole family plus the other daughter and her four year boyfriend.

Anywho get home, open the box and there are two old lights with paint on them. 10.97 Fuuuuuuicccccckkkkk. Why do people do that shit? Now, I threw the fucking receipt away, and even if I did have it, why won’t they think I just did that with the light bulbs.

I hate people.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

SawGreen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:17 pm

DWags wrote:Went to Lowe’s at lunch. I had to grab 4 lights for a light fixture in the living room. Grabbed two boxes two lights apiece. Wife wanted me to change all four at once. Daughters serious boyfriend is having dinner with us tonight. First time for a formal dinner with the whole family plus the other daughter and her four year boyfriend.

Anywho get home, open the box and there are two old lights with paint on them. 10.97 Fuuuuuuicccccckkkkk. Why do people do that shit? Now, I threw the fucking receipt away, and even if I did have it, why won’t they think I just did that with the light bulbs.

I hate people.

Can't wait for dinner. See you tonight!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:22 pm

Dendrobates wrote:
MSU addict wrote:
Not to get on a soap box, but for us her nut allergies are manageable.  Peanuts and tree nuts have to be labeled and disclosed and I think most people understand that people can have life threatening allergic reactions to them.

We have a much harder time with allergens that do not need to be disclosed.  Her worst numbers are for sesame and flax seed.  Mustard is another huge problem for us because it is in so many things and it is almost never disclosed (just listed as spices).  

She once had an anaphylactic reaction after eating a chicken nugget.  The "whole grain" breading included flax seed (FWIW, it is not a grain) which was not labeled - not is it required to be.

The good news - Sesame will be required to be labeled in the United States beginning January 1, 2023, under the FASTER act.  The act also provides a mechanism for other allergens to be evaluated for future labeling.  Sometime the United States government does actually work.  

Wow, thanks for providing that info. I had no idea things like that weren't labeled in foods. God that sounds terrible dealing with that, and making sure you're prepared for the worst at all times.

I remember at least 10 some years ago, the whole nut allergy thing used to really piss people off accommodating that. But today, it's very acceptable and often asked all the time. I really try to ask with every kid that comes to my house if they have any allergies. It's a simple thing to do to help out someone else.

Just thinking about all this, I feel like every school should have an epi pen stocked. Teachers should be trained, and the government should fund it. Similar to how defibrillators are installed in so many places. Yes, they expire, but fuck it. These are kids lives with a "simple " solution to prepare for. Especially if a reaction happens and no one knew that allergy existed.

Just thoughts on my mind about that.
The federal government has kind of passed the buck to the states in that regard.  The federal government "encourages" states to enact legislation requiring epipens.  I believe currently 13 states do require schools to stock epipens.  Michigan is one of those states (as is DE where I live).

Even in those states most schools require that kids with these types of allergies provide their own dedicated set to the school which is usually held in the principals/nurses office.  I have no problem with that requirement, I think it is a good thing.  I do have issues with the current availability and cost of epinephrine autoinjectors.

As an update we were able to get a set for our daughter yesterday. It just shouldn't require that much work.

Last edited by MSU addict on Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:26 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:
DWags wrote:Went to Lowe’s at lunch. I had to grab 4 lights for a light fixture in the living room. Grabbed two boxes two lights apiece. Wife wanted me to change all four at once. Daughters serious boyfriend is having dinner with us tonight. First time for a formal dinner with the whole family plus the other daughter and her four year boyfriend.

I hate people.

Bring light bulbs.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:26 pm

I hate people.

At least, if you blow a gasket, daughter #1 will be there to diagnosis what’s killing you, and tell you about changing your lifestyle.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:29 pm

MSU addict wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Wow, thanks for providing that info. I had no idea things like that weren't labeled in foods. God that sounds terrible dealing with that, and making sure you're prepared for the worst at all times.

I remember at least 10 some years ago, the whole nut allergy thing used to really piss people off accommodating that. But today, it's very acceptable and often asked all the time. I really try to ask with every kid that comes to my house if they have any allergies. It's a simple thing to do to help out someone else.

Just thinking about all this, I feel like every school should have an epi pen stocked. Teachers should be trained, and the government should fund it. Similar to how defibrillators are installed in so many places. Yes, they expire, but fuck it. These are kids lives with a "simple " solution to prepare for. Especially if a reaction happens and no one knew that allergy existed.

Just thoughts on my mind about that.
The federal government has kind of passed the buck to the states in that regard.  The federal government "encourages" states to enact legislation requiring epipens.  I believe currently 13 states do require schools to stock epipens.  Michigan is one of those states (as is DE where I live).

Most schools require that kids with these types of allergies provide their own dedicated set to the school which is usually held in the principals/nurses office.  I have no problem with that requirement, I think it is a good thing.  I do have issues with the current availability and cost of epinephrine autoinjectors.

As an update we were able to get a set for our daughter yesterday. It just shouldn't require that much work.

You might want to check the box to make sure somebody didn’t switch out new injectors for old ones with paint on them.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

MSU addict likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:33 pm

DWags wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

Bring light bulbs.

Random Ramblings - Page 2 Uncle-fester-bulb
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:35 pm

Anywho get home, open the box and there are two old lights with paint on them. 10.97    Fuuuuuuicccccckkkkk.  Why do people do that shit?  Now, I threw the fucking receipt away, and even if I did have it, why won’t they think I just did that with the light bulbs.  

I hate people.
FWIW, Lowe's can look up purchase history using a credit card number.  Even if you paid cash and have no receipt they will usually offer you store credit or an exchange.

Stores know this shit happens and IMO they are responsible as well.  If someone returned an item they should ensure that it is in saleable condition before restocking it.

Might not be worth it for $10.97 but you're retired, what else you got to do.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:15 pm

What are the chances that we could get the band to do this except with the S logo for their buddies at the swill

Random Ramblings - Page 2 Eb80f910
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:45 pm

If you chew with your mouth closed, you won’t smack your lips. If you don’t smack your lips, I won’t punch you in your dome.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:16 am

Edit
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:40 am

Does anyone actually use the button fly on boxers to pee? So much easier to pull up a leg.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:25 am

Pull up a leg and have your cock spraying to one side? Nah, either use the fly or pull 'em down and go over the waistband.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:18 am

My boxers don’t have buttons.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:37 am

Cameron wrote:Pull up a leg and have your cock spraying to one side? Nah, either use the fly or pull 'em down and go over the waistband.
Maybe you're thinking boxer briefs, which I've never tried and don't want to. Regular boxers are true freedom. Like going commando without possible skid marks in your pants.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:59 am

tGreenWay wrote:My boxers don’t have buttons.
Were they made in the 80's, or earlier? Random Ramblings - Page 2 3742235224

Was taking a piss at work yesterday and thought about an old receptionist with a smile. Hot, sassy, and funny as hell. She was the queen of innuendo. Said she put a few stitches in her husband's boxer fly to fuck with him.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:29 am

The Pantry wrote:
Cameron wrote:Pull up a leg and have your cock spraying to one side? Nah, either use the fly or pull 'em down and go over the waistband.
Maybe you're thinking boxer briefs, which I've never tried and don't want to.  Regular boxers are true freedom.  Like going commando without possible skid marks in your pants.
Seems that pulling down your pant waistband (or reaching into your fly) while pulling up the boxers' leg is just too many different things going on.  The pants and boxers should work and move in unison.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:02 am

Random Ramblings - Page 2 Tumblr_orwfmqcbE51qigluvo4_400
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:55 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
Maybe you're thinking boxer briefs, which I've never tried and don't want to.  Regular boxers are true freedom.  Like going commando without possible skid marks in your pants.
Seems that pulling down your pant waistband (or reaching into your fly) while pulling up the boxers' leg is just too many different things going on.  The pants and boxers should work and move in unison.

Yeah, if there’s a pull down and then a pull up you are just inviting an accident. Also, I call BS on Pantry. No way he does this technique he probably was inspired by a joke in a Chuck Lore sitcom.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:05 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
Pulling up the leg on boxers is much easier than opening the fly or pulling down the waistband. Boxer manufacturers are wasting money on material and extra stitch work for the fly.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:10 am

Fellas is it gay to use the fly designed for peeing out of
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:20 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Fellas is it gay to use the fly designed for peeing out of
I don't know if "gay" is the word I'd use... more like "basic".
Cool guys just pee cooler.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:01 am

The Pantry wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
Pulling up the leg on boxers is much easier than opening the fly or pulling down the waistband. Boxer manufacturers are wasting money on material and extra stitch work for the fly.

I put my team of monkeys on this issue, and the only way it is even remotely possible/easier is if you're sitting down when you're peeing.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:37 pm

I sit when I pee unless in a public restroom. So like, 98% of the time. Why not? It's more sanitary and gives me the chance to tighten up my outfit when I'm done.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:09 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:I sit when I pee unless in a public restroom. So like, 98% of the time. Why not? It's more sanitary and gives me the chance to tighten up my outfit when I'm done.

I don't feel like sitting on a public toilet seat is more sanitary and I don't feel like the paper seat covering provides any protection.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:56 pm

How is it even more sanitary to sit at home rather than stand?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:45 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:How is it even more sanitary to sit at home rather than stand?
Lesser chance of errant piss. My joint occasionally/unpredictably goes two stream.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:41 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:I sit when I pee unless in a public restroom. So like, 98% of the time. Why not? It's more sanitary and gives me the chance to tighten up my outfit when I'm done.

I don't feel like sitting on a public toilet seat is more sanitary and I don't feel like the paper seat covering provides any protection.

I don't sit in public unless loafing.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:41 pm

The Pantry wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:How is it even more sanitary to sit at home rather than stand?
Lesser chance of errant piss. My joint occasionally/unpredictably goes two stream.

Not to mention overspray and splashback.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:24 pm

The Pantry wrote:

Hold on. You sit when you pee AND you're pulling up on your boxers?

This means you keep your boxers on when you sit down?

What in the...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:50 am

You make your own happiness in this world, no religion can do that. I guess the old phrase, “you reap what you sow” applies.
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:21 pm

Confused state where the gut tells me to be something but my mind tells me to be something else. Constant fluctuating between states likely isn’t healthy.
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:09 pm

Had a weird end to the day at work.  Marketing department sent out an email for a company logoed apparel sale that's coming up, along with a pdf of what's available.  Flipped through but didn't see anything I cared for.  Couple of pages had the MSRP on the items along with the price the company would charge us, which was $10 higher than the MSRP.  Thought that was funny so printed out the pages.

Was showing them to a co-worker, sharing a chuckle when the woman (marketing department) appeared out of nowhere.  She went full ballistic on me and yelled right in my face, "You do it next time!"  Said I was sorry as she huffed off back to her cube.  

Left work maybe a half hour later.  500 foot walk from the office through the shop just to get to the back of the building, then most good parking spots are another 200 feet away across the trucking area if you're lucky.  If not lucky, parking could add up to another 700 feet to your one-way walk.

Left at 4:30 today.  Haven't done it before.  Will avoid doing it again.  No semi's in the lot but the 1st shift build and machining guys leave then.  Parking lot was chaos with vehicles flying out of there at all angles.  

Took my time crossing the truck lot waving vehicles past to get to my good parking spot (I arrive early).  The last moving vehicle in the lot slowed to let me cross but waived it forward too.  No idea what she drove but it was the marketing department.  Rolled down her window and said, "This parking lot is an accident waiting to happen."  I replied, "No shit.  Dumbest building ever designed."
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:42 pm

The Pantry wrote:Had a weird end to the day at work.  Marketing department sent out an email for a company logoed apparel sale that's coming up, along with a pdf of what's available.  Flipped through but didn't see anything I cared for.  Couple of pages had the MSRP on the items along with the price the company would charge us, which was $10 higher than the MSRP.  Thought that was funny so printed out the pages.

Was showing them to a co-worker, sharing a chuckle when the woman (marketing department) appeared out of nowhere.  She went full ballistic on me and yelled right in my face, "You do it next time!"  Said I was sorry as she huffed off back to her cube.  

Left work maybe a half hour later.  500 foot walk from the office through the shop just to get to the back of the building, then most good parking spots are another 200 feet away across the trucking area if you're lucky.  If not lucky, parking could add up to another 700 feet to your one-way walk.

Left at 4:30 today.  Haven't done it before.  Will avoid doing it again.  No semi's in the lot but the 1st shift build and machining guys leave then.  Parking lot was chaos with vehicles flying out of there at all angles.  

Took my time crossing the truck lot waving vehicles past to get to my good parking spot (I arrive early).  The last moving vehicle in the lot slowed to let me cross but waived it forward too.  No idea what she drove but it was the marketing department.  Rolled down her window and said, "This parking lot is an accident waiting to happen."  I replied, "No shit.  Dumbest building ever designed."

Should have said "you design it next time"
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:03 pm

but healthier and better for the environment! Random Ramblings - Page 2 969504605
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:13 pm

The Pantry wrote:Had a weird end to the day at work.  Marketing department sent out an email for a company logoed apparel sale that's coming up, along with a pdf of what's available.  Flipped through but didn't see anything I cared for.  Couple of pages had the MSRP on the items along with the price the company would charge us, which was $10 higher than the MSRP.  Thought that was funny so printed out the pages.

Seems like she was trying to extend an olive branch by finding a mutually agreeable topic. It’s a way to say what happened is over. Or even, maybe, she felt bad about blowing up. Regardless, seems like spilled water over the bridge. Or not.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:12 pm

I used to work at Meijer and the "perks" they would offer were on par to the general public, but they didn't fucking make the deal worse. You did well in pointing it out.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:51 am

So, the office had extra cash to spend at the end of the fiscal year so they got us 32" monitors... I think I hit the "max" comfortable screen size for a desk. Between the progressive glasses and neck strain... yikes.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next