Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings

+32
MSU addict
DWags
Pervis Muldoon
The Pantry
Motown Spartan
InTenSity
Nordic
Dendrobates
Travis of the Cosmos
Cameron
MiamiSpartan
Trapper Gus
y2kMgrad
Other Teams Pursuing That
aualum06
PennSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
kingstonlake
Turtleneck
Probably CF
TrapperGus
Rick Saunders
Jake from State Farm
Heat Miser
GRR Spartan
steveschneider
NigelUno
Floyd Robertson
Bill Cain
tGreenWay
SawGreen
AvgMSUJoe
36 posters

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 23 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay 2022-06-24, 16:38

Dendrobates wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Come on over. I’ll even wear my gimp mask if you wear those thigh high boots again.

Perfect. I really want to beat an old man's ass.

Giggity. Random Ramblings - Page 23 2175295500
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-06-24, 18:12

Dendrobates wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Come on over. I’ll even wear my gimp mask if you wear those thigh high boots again.

Random Ramblings - Page 23 Note_t10"Never meet Dendro for drinks or dinner"
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2022-06-24, 18:16

tGreenWay wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Michigan has turned that way with the "retro" plate thing. Sure I like retro. But that yellow and blue shit is ugly and boring. Some things don't need to come back.

Did our SoS go to umaa? It’s the only reason I can think of for why they brought back that horrid color combo. Time for a green w/white or white w/green plate next year. If Gretchen doesn’t make that happen, I’ll withhold my vote.  

I work in the gov't, which means eventually the person you speak of.  From my position, that person is virtually non-existent.  No policy or decisions (other than covid stuff) has affected my work at all.  I'm not calling it good or bad, just an observation from my spot.

I mean, how hard is it to empty trash into a bag.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-06-24, 18:20

The Pantry wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Random Ramblings - Page 23 Note_t10"Never meet Dendro for drinks or dinner"

We are overdue for a swill meet up
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-06-27, 12:35

Awkward interaction of the day...
So, went for a walk after lunch in my sub. Headphones on just bopping along when I noticed a brown flash in a backyard across the street... looked closer and there were 2 fawns jumping in and out of the long grass playing around. It looked like they were having a gay old time jumping around together, it was down right adorable.
Then I noticed the neighbor lady (not bad looking btw) on the front porch of that house watering the flowers with a little wave... probably thought I was creeping on her since I was looking for so long at the deers passed her in the backyard.
Ug. I'm going to end up on some weirdo list...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

The Pantry and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-06-27, 12:40

Who says you're not already on some?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-06-29, 23:55

They did it last year. Company is bringing Slows BBQ in to cater lunch again tomorrow. Taking some zip-locs to work.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, DWags and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-06-30, 16:38

Didn't need the zip-locs. They had styrofoam to-go containers for the ton of leftovers. Came home with 4-5 pounds of food.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-06-30, 18:29

Management/HR developed an anniversary program the CEO presented before lunch.  People grouped by length of employment at the company.   5 to 10 years in the first group.  Then 10 to 15.  15 to 20.  Over 20.  37 people with at least 5 years.  One guy in the shop has been there since the company opened 39 years ago.

Was a little hokey at first.  CEO called each employee up individually, then HR gave you a certificate with a card attached.  HR took a pic of each group.  By the end it was pretty fun.  The longer your service, the more applause and cat calls.  Don't get out in the shop much anymore...good to see the old dudes honored.

Card attached to the certificate included notice of a bonus.  Not a lot, but cool being unexpected.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-07-08, 17:43

Company offered height adjustable desks to some of us few weeks ago.   Figured I should stand more so opted for one.  Thought they would be the Vari-desk things that sit on top of an existing desk.  Nope.  An office furniture place came in and installed about a dozen of these today.

Random Ramblings - Page 23 20220711
Random Ramblings - Page 23 20220712

Pretty cool.  A kit installed under the existing desktop.  Not fuggly/clunky like a Vari-desk.  Has 3 programmable height settings.

Once the CEO saw what was purchased he expressed concern about the obvious pinch point with the other leg of the "L".  He's pretty extreme about safety.  Knowing him he'll have our controls department add a second button making anyone use two hands (two-hand anti-tie-down) when operating it.  Thinking about it, controls will also have to change the programming to remove the one-push option...CEO likely isn't aware of that yet.

Caught my son in action today.  Runs fiber optic cable.  Was in our park today doing some preliminary work.  Couldn't get his bucket truck close enough so went climbing.  Multiple railroad tracks just beyond the pole he was on.  Said he watched an engine/engineer give some cars a bump to free-wheel roll them farther down the tracks.  Dangerous but interesting job he has.

Random Ramblings - Page 23 20220710
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-07-13, 07:55

As I carried my youngest into daycare, she peed on me. Her diaper must have slid just right that none of it got on her.

I don't have time to change. Polyester dries fast, but I get to have pee on my shirt all day. This is already starting great...
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-07-15, 22:06

I don't like YoutubeTV's new guide layout. Still the best interface of any streaming/cable service (and it is not even close), but I like the old guide better.

{insert old man yelling at the clouds}
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-07-15, 22:42

Nordic wrote:

{insert old man yelling at the clouds}

Come on in, the waters fine.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-07-16, 00:59

Nordic wrote:I don't like YoutubeTV's new guide layout.
WTF is a youtube guide? scratch
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-07-17, 11:33

Airplanes really should have side view mirrors for the pilots.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-07-18, 09:50

The Pantry wrote:

It's how you find your way around the internets
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-07-18, 09:59

The Pantry wrote:

Its a Sherpa that comes to your house grabs your remote and says, “what the fuck are you watching?” “Let’s go climb that hill outback”
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-07-18, 18:09

HS friend did the Port Huron to Mackinac race a few times years ago with a full crew.  Never got better than middle-of-the-pack finish.

14-year-old girl drives 36-foot sailboat alone at night, wins Michigan race
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-07-19, 08:45

The Pantry wrote:HS friend did the Port Huron to Mackinac race a few times years ago with a full crew.  Never got better than middle-of-the-pack finish.

Wow!

That is a world class competitive race, and she (and her dad) finished first overall against boats which had crews of eight.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-07-19, 09:44

Trapper Gus wrote:
The Pantry wrote:HS friend did the Port Huron to Mackinac race a few times years ago with a full crew.  Never got better than middle-of-the-pack finish.

Wow!

That is a world class competitive race, and she (and her dad) finished first overall against boats which had crews of eight.
To be fair, the crews of eight had 6 hungover guys.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-07-19, 09:58

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Wow!

true, but they are just there to provide muscle anyway.  Was on Mackinaw back in 2019 when the race came in, the crews all looked like 20-year-old linebackers.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-07-19, 10:58

Trapper Gus wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

true, but they are just there to provide muscle anyway.  Was on Mackinaw back in 2019 when the race came in, the crews all looked like 20-year-old linebackers.
My uncle has been captaining boats for decades. He was actually a former um ad's captain for years. He made it sound like half his job was rounding up drunks.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-07-19, 23:35

Dendrobates wrote:I get to have pee on my shirt all day.

Go on…
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Dendrobates like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-07-20, 00:11

The Pantry wrote:

It’s a guide for YouTube.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-07-20, 23:42

For whatever reason, both the husband and I sleep so much better in another room when you have "one of those nights."

We define those nights as nights where you just can't get to sleep. These are the nights where everything is good between you two, but you're having a restless night for whatever reason. We all have them.

We said today, how much in our relationship those extra rooms/beds/spaces are so nice to have. For whatever reason, our brain tends to let us sleep better in a different room on those nights. And we're talking about just your every day night. There is no fight or issue. Just your typical can't sleep night. It's amazing how going into a different room makes such a difference mentally. And regardless of how that room comes about, is privilege. It sucks for those who can't have that potential opportunity

Just very blessed/lucky.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, Nordic, Jake from State Farm and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2022-07-21, 11:16

Dendrobates wrote:For whatever reason, both the husband and I sleep so much better in another room when you have "one of those nights."

We define those nights as nights where you just can't get to sleep. These are the nights where everything is good between you two, but you're having a restless night for whatever reason. We all have them.

We said today, how much in our relationship those extra rooms/beds/spaces are so nice to have. For whatever reason, our brain tends to let us sleep better in a different room on those nights. And we're talking about just your every day night. There is no fight or issue. Just your typical can't sleep night. It's amazing how going into a different room makes such a difference mentally. And regardless of how that room comes about, is privilege. It sucks for those who can't have that potential opportunity

Just very blessed/lucky.

Awwrite that was posted at 11:43 PM. So how did it go in between the dark and the light?
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-07-21, 19:43

Dendrobates wrote:For whatever reason, both the husband and I sleep so much better in another room when you have "one of those nights."

Just very blessed/lucky.

tWife and I recently switched to seperate comforters. King bed, each have our own twin comfortor. It has been a total gamechanger.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-07-22, 16:44

One of the managers told a story this morning that had us cracking up.

He and his wife were driving home last night. Said he felt a slight thud as something grazed the side/back of his head. Then he felt something crawling on his back. Said he freaked, slammed on the brakes, jumped out the car and managed to shake it off.

He got hit by a bat that flew in his open window lol!. Said it looked woozy. He jumped back in the car and took off.

Best part was him recreating the heebie-jeebie, frantic shake part. Laughed my ass off!
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay, Dendrobates and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2022-07-22, 22:09

The Pantry wrote:One of the managers told a story this morning that had us cracking up.

He and his wife were driving home last night.  Said he felt a slight thud as something grazed the side/back of his head.  Then he felt something crawling on his back.  Said he freaked, slammed on the brakes, jumped out the car and managed to shake it off.

He got hit by a bat that flew in his open window lol!.  Said it looked woozy.  He jumped back in the car and took off.

Best part was him recreating the heebie-jeebie, frantic shake part.  Laughed my ass off!
In all seriousness if he has not done so - he needs to see a doctor.  The doctor may (probably will) want to treat him for rabies exposure.  I know that may sound stupid and overkill but rabies infection can happen with casual contact with bats.

If you get rabies and it is not treated before symptoms appear you will die.  It is that simple and it is not a pleasant way to go.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-07-25, 16:37

Same guy/boat won Chicago to Mackinac, this time with his oldest daughter.  Probably a good thing he went with a full crew this time since the weather sounded wild.

Dad, 18-year-old daughter win Chicago to Mackinac race despite intense storms, ripped sails
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-07-25, 21:45

I'm glad I took today off. My daughter asked me to because she wanted a day of just us for her birthday.

She/we had a great day.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry, tGreenWay, duffy munn, DWags, MSU addict, Jake from State Farm and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-07-25, 21:47

Dendrobates wrote:I'm glad I took today off. My daughter asked me to because she wanted a day of just us for her birthday.

She/we had a great day.

Right on.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-07-26, 19:02

I have never surfed the internet on a plane, until now.

Did I just pop my own cherry?
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-07-26, 19:10

Dendrobates wrote:I'm glad I took today off. My daughter asked me to because she wanted a day of just us for her birthday.

She/we had a great day.

Good for you Dendro. I'm sure you wish you could do it more often.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-07-26, 19:19

Dendrobates wrote:I have never surfed the internet on a plane, until now.

What were you surfing?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-07-26, 19:23

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:I have never surfed the internet on a plane, until now.

What were you surfing?

Well....this.
That's my exciting life in my free time. It's you boys. That's how much you mean to me.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-07-26, 19:23

duffy munn wrote:

She/we had a great day.

Good for you Dendro. I'm sure you wish you could do it more often.

I do need some time with us girls more often.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-08-02, 15:33

Does pot go bad?

Just found an old one hitter Christmas gift. (maybe 4-6 years old?) If not, might get baked tonight.
2022 aint all bad.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-08-02, 17:59

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Does pot go bad?

Just found an old one hitter Christmas gift. (maybe 4-6 years old?) If not, might get baked tonight.
2022 aint all bad.
Wonder the same. Son bought me a pipe, a grinder, and gave me a small bag of weed maybe 5 years ago as a gift. We smoked a bit that night. Have only smoked once since. Never really been into it. Still have the weed.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-08-02, 18:39

A quick google says it looses it's potency, so good news for me. That shit got me too stoned when I first got it.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next