Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings

+32
MSU addict
DWags
Pervis Muldoon
The Pantry
Motown Spartan
InTenSity
Nordic
Dendrobates
Travis of the Cosmos
Cameron
MiamiSpartan
Trapper Gus
y2kMgrad
Other Teams Pursuing That
aualum06
PennSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
kingstonlake
Turtleneck
Probably CF
TrapperGus
Rick Saunders
Jake from State Farm
Heat Miser
GRR Spartan
steveschneider
NigelUno
Floyd Robertson
Bill Cain
tGreenWay
SawGreen
AvgMSUJoe
36 posters

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 24 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-08-02, 20:33

AvgMSUJoe wrote:A quick google says it looses it's potency, so good news for me. That shit got me too stoned when I first got it.
Starting experiment now. Will report back soon.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-08-02, 20:50

Pleasant. Still works.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry, tGreenWay, Dendrobates, DWags and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-08-05, 20:08

I have struggled this week just feeling awake. But I am so ready to get my drink on. I probably won't last long, but here goes!
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Heat Miser, The Pantry and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-08-05, 20:51

Dendrobates wrote:I have struggled this week just feeling awake. But I am so ready to get my drink on. I probably won't last long, but here goes!
Your choice of poison this evening?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-08-06, 09:23

The Pantry wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:I have struggled this week just feeling awake. But I am so ready to get my drink on. I probably won't last long, but here goes!
Your choice of poison this evening?

I had a little bit of everything.
Truly, wine, soco, Jager, captain & diet.
And no hangover. I have to say, drinking the stuff called liquid IV really helps.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-08-06, 09:31

Today is the neighborhood garbage sale. Watching all of the "shoppers" is something.
Never had the motivation. Just threw my garbage out or gave it to goodwill. $100 for 40 hours of work seems not worth it.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry, Dendrobates, DWags and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-08-06, 12:25

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Today is the neighborhood garbage sale. Watching all of the "shoppers" is something.
Never had the motivation. Just threw my garbage out or gave it to goodwill. $100 for 40 hours of work seems not worth it.

I can't tell if it's a typo for garbage or that was the point of your post Random Ramblings - Page 24 502811600

But I agree with you. I just don't have the time or patience to deal with that. I would rather just donate it all.

This is how lazy I am right now. I have tons of bags full of stuff to donate, but it's all in my closet. This stuff has been there going on 10 months now. Some day I will get my butt to haul it to a donation center.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-08-06, 13:05

Dendrobates wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Today is the neighborhood garbage sale. Watching all of the "shoppers" is something.

I can't tell if it's a typo for garbage or that was the point of your post Random Ramblings - Page 24 502811600

But I agree with you. I just don't have the time or patience to deal with that. I would rather just donate it all.

This is how lazy I am right now. I have tons of bags full of stuff to donate, but it's all in my closet. This stuff has been there going on 10 months now. Some day I will get my butt to haul it to a donation center.

So, my wife always cautions me about who to donate to. Some don’t give much to actual charity. But some you just call, set up a date and they pick it up.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-08-06, 13:55

Dendrobates wrote:

Spelling intentional (for once)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-08-06, 16:23

DWags wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

So, my wife always cautions me about who to donate to. Some don’t give much to actual charity. But some you just call, set up a date and they pick it up.

This. Had Salvation Army come and pick up a bunch of stuff few years back. Also sold specific items on craigslist.

Did a few garage sales when I was married. Made decent money but a PITA. Kinda ruins a perfectly good Saturday.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-08-06, 17:33

Never had the motivation.  Just threw my garbage out or gave it to goodwill. $100 for 40 hours of work seems not worth it.

tWife had a garage sale on Fri/Sat. I didn't do much. Sat in the garage, drank and people watched this afternoon.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-08-06, 19:21

Nordic wrote:
Never had the motivation.  Just threw my garbage out or gave it to goodwill. $100 for 40 hours of work seems not worth it.

tWife had a garage sale on Fri/Sat. I didn't do much. Sat in the garage, drank and people watched this afternoon.

We used to have garage sales every couple of years growing up. I probably put this one neighborhood kid through college with all of the Star Wars toys that we sold him for 5-10 cents.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-08-06, 21:33

Dendrobates wrote:

What I wanted to say was stuff the junk in your trunk, but Turtleneck would accuse me of horny posting. But once I’m sick of seeing things to donate in my closet, I toss it in the back of my car for another ten months. But once I’m actually motivated to get to VOA or St. Vincent DePaul, I’m one step ahead of the game. btw, I’ve stopped donating to goodwill for the reason mentioned earlier. They take the goods and mark them up and the head of it all takes in shit tons of cash. I know for a fact my local St. Vincent sells things dirt cheap, and for families who’ve lost everything, such as a fire or flood, they get things free plus a small amount of spending money. Same goes for immigrants new to America. It just seems way more focused on helping people instead of making money and they don’t proselytize.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-08-06, 21:36

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Nordic wrote:

We used to have garage sales every couple of years growing up.  I probably put this one neighborhood kid through college with all of the Star Wars toys that we sold him for 5-10 cents.

Crazy mom GreenWay selling my baseball cards and complete sets of the first few years of Hot Wheels and Matchbox Cars for a dime or quarter ——> Random Ramblings - Page 24 1896033241
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-08-06, 21:43

tGreenWay wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

We used to have garage sales every couple of years growing up.  I probably put this one neighborhood kid through college with all of the Star Wars toys that we sold him for 5-10 cents.

Crazy mom GreenWay selling my baseball cards and complete sets of the first few years of Hot Wheels and Matchbox Cars for a dime or quarter ——> Random Ramblings - Page 24 1896033241

Of your 25,000 posts, this one is a window into why you’re the way you are. Random Ramblings - Page 24 2809484752
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

MiamiSpartan, tGreenWay, Trapper Gus and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-08-06, 21:43

Nordic wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:For whatever reason, both the husband and I sleep so much better in another room when you have "one of those nights."

We define those nights as nights where you just can't get to sleep. These are the nights where everything is good between you two, but you're having a restless night for whatever reason. We all have them.

We said today, how much in our relationship those extra rooms/beds/spaces are so nice to have. For whatever reason, our brain tends to let us sleep better in a different room on those nights. And we're talking about just your every day night. There is no fight or issue. Just your typical can't sleep night. It's amazing how going into a different room makes such a difference mentally. And regardless of how that room comes about, is privilege. It sucks for those who can't have that potential opportunity

Just very blessed/lucky.

tWife and I recently switched to seperate comforters. King bed, each have our own twin comfortor. It has been a total gamechanger.

We’ve done this in the past year, too. While I wouldn’t call it a game changer, it has definitely made a big difference. No longer do I wake up freezing because Mrs. GW has taken all the sheets and comforter. She claimed to have learned about this way while in Scandinavia for work a couple of years ago.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-08-06, 21:45

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Of your 25,000 posts, this one is a window into why you’re the way you are. Random Ramblings - Page 24 2809484752

I have daddy issues, too, I just don’t share them. 😭
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-08-07, 09:06

I often feel like a stranger around here. Especially after just lurking for the past few months.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-08-07, 09:27

You’re never a stranger to me motown
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-08-07, 10:05

Why don’t you reintroduce yourself to us, Mootown.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-08-07, 10:07

What Travis said. Motown is one of my favorite posters because he actually knows where Up North is. +1
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-08-07, 10:17

tGreenWay wrote:Why don’t you reintroduce yourself to us, Mootown.

I have daddy issues. Will you be my daddy?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-08-07, 10:19

The Pantry wrote:What Travis said. Motown is one of my favorite posters because he actually knows where Up North is. +1

Thanks buddy! I appreciate you even though we disagree on where to get the best pasty. There's a lot of people in my life that make poor choices, my wife included.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-08-07, 10:35

Motown Spartan wrote:
The Pantry wrote:What Travis said. Motown is one of my favorite posters because he actually knows where Up North is. +1

Thanks buddy! I appreciate you even though we disagree on where to get the best pasty. There's a lot of people in my life that make poor choices, my wife included.
I don't doubt that Au Train makes great pasty but you really need to try Toni's Country Ktichen in Laurium. Only ~110 miles from you. Would make a nice day trip.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-08-07, 10:35

Motown Spartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Why don’t you reintroduce yourself to us, Mootown.

I surely will. Let’s start with a spanking because you haven’t been around. This is going to hurt you a lot more than it’s going to hurt me.

Random Ramblings - Page 24 2175295500
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-08-07, 11:39

The Pantry wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

I don't doubt that Au Train makes great pasty but you really need to try Toni's Country Ktichen in Laurium. Only ~110 miles from you. Would make a nice day trip.

Why would I go all the way to Laurium for the second best pasty when I can go 35 miles to Au Train for the best pasty which, coincidentally, is only 2 miles from our camp?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-08-07, 12:54

Motown Spartan wrote:
The Pantry wrote:I don't doubt that Au Train makes great pasty but you really need to try Toni's Country Ktichen in Laurium. Only ~110 miles from you. Would make a nice day trip.

Why would I go all the way to Laurium for the second best pasty when I can go 35 miles to Au Train for the best pasty which, coincidentally, is only 2 miles from our camp?
But, you don't know for sure Au Train is the best. You're just speculating.

Checkout #1 on this list

13 U.P. pasties you must try on your next visit
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-08-07, 15:12

The Pantry wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

But, you don't know for sure Au Train is the best. You're just speculating.

Checkout #1 on this list

I can't take any list seriously that has Lawry's, Jean Kays, and Muldoons in their Top 5.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-08-07, 15:50

Yooper v Troll fight!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-08-07, 16:37

Motown Spartan wrote:
The Pantry wrote:But, you don't know for sure Au Train is the best. You're just speculating.

Checkout #1 on this list

I can't take any list seriously that has Lawry's, Jean Kays, and Muldoons in their Top 5.
Guess you'll just have to continue being wrong.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-08-07, 16:50

tGreenWay wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

I surely will. Let’s start with a spanking because you haven’t been around. This is going to hurt you a lot more than it’s going to hurt me.

Horny posting!!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-08-07, 16:54

Motown Spartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Horny posting!!

Yes, and I’m 100% #focused
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-08-08, 21:06

Flash can’t outrun the long arm of the law. News at 11
[tw]1556803211926945792[/tw]
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-08-12, 19:18

Got Covid for what I think is the first time. Disappointing. It feels like the flu. Although my daughter got mouth sores as part of the deal. Sucks for her.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-08-12, 19:29

Godspeed... it will suck for 2-4 days.
(If you have been poked.)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-08-12, 20:33

Rocinante wrote:Got Covid for what I think is the first time. Disappointing.  It feels like the flu. Although my daughter got mouth sores as part of the deal. Sucks for her.
Cases are ramping up again in my county.  A few folks in my office area didn't show up today and were not on the company vacation list.  Going back to using a
mask on Monday.

Scratchy throat tipped me off and tested positive late January.  Felt like shit but no fever or respiratory issues.  Tired, chills, couple episodes of night sweats.  The shits were the worst...couldn't sleep for even 2 hours without scrambling out of bed.  Had no desire to eat.  Pedialyte powder packets were helpful for hydration.

Good luck for you and your daughter recoveries.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-08-12, 22:03

Rocinante wrote:Got Covid for what I think is the first time. Disappointing. It feels like the flu. Although my daughter got mouth sores as part of the deal. Sucks for her.

Sorry to hear this. Hang in there.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-08-14, 18:28

What’s the difference between a farm, an orchard, a grove and any other term used for what seems to be functionally the same thing?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2022-08-14, 21:42

Farm is quadrilateral, orchard is rhombus.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-08-14, 21:43

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:What’s the difference between a farm, an orchard, a grove and any other term used for what seems to be functionally the same thing?

Not sure if serious
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next