Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates

+19
Rick Saunders
NumbersDude
Travis of the Cosmos
Rocinante
Motown Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
Trapper Gus
Pervis Muldoon
Bredo Morstoel
Cameron
RQA
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
GRR Spartan
DWags
Jake from State Farm
AvgMSUJoe
PennSpartan
NigelUno
23 posters

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates - Page 3 Empty Re: Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates

Post by RQA 2022-01-11, 11:32

GRR Spartan wrote: 

A majority of US drivers don’t get a vehicle to drive 300+ miles per day.  

Wrong again GRR.

Most drivers do need a vehicle that can drive 300+ miles per day. I drive about once a month to the East Coast for business which for me is right around 720 miles. I typically do it all in one day - about a 12 hour drive.

About twice a month I drive to your side of the state and back which is a round trip of about 350 miles for me. EV won't work for that either.

I know several people that have an EV (a couple of GM people with a Bolt and a couple doctors with Teslas). All of them still own a gas vehicle.

Range anxiety and price and what keeps EVs < 10% of the market at present.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates - Page 3 Empty Re: Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-01-11, 11:51

Twice a month wow.

Twice a month, twice a month.

You, one guy who allegedly drives to West MI twice a month proves EV’s aren’t ready for prime time.

One guy who makes 24 trips to West MI annually proves EV’s with a range of 300 miles won’t work.

Typical conclusion for all of your bs.  There are 5M cars registered in MI in 2021 but if doesn’t work for your alleged 2 round trips to West MI a month it doesn’t work for the million  If it doesn’t work for you it won’t work for 500,000 plus other commuters who drive from aa to Metro Detroit suburbs; the 30,000+  people who commute from Holland, Kalamazoo and Cedar/Rockford to GR.

But your 24 trips a year proves a premise.

Riiiight.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-11, 11:57

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

Great geography lesson but your factoid flies in the face of common sense and lifestyle reality.  

A majority of US drivers don’t get a vehicle to drive 300+ miles per day.  If you live in San Diego it’s less than 150 miles to LA.  However if you live in the Bay Area SF to LA is a bit over 500 miles and unless you are hauling your kid to college you park your EV at SFO or SJO and use an airline to get there.

As of Sept 2021 California has 425,000 EV’s registered.  FL is #2 with 58K then TX with 52K EVs.

I understand you are a Luddite but the mills using hand driven looms in England closed over 150 years ago and last I checked those making candles who fought gas lights installed on Paris streets have found other occupations.

Every. Goddamn. Time.

For once, just once, I'd like to hear an EV rebuttal that didn't start with "Well yeah, but MOST drivers..."

Just to point out the word "majority" and the word "most" have different meanings.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-11, 12:11

That BEV's are not a currently replacement for all ICE powered vehicles due to range and recharging time isn't a question.

The people that are arguing that it is, to me, have an odd viewpoint.

It's as if you are arguing that all vehicles should be able to do what any particular vehicle can do, which is clearly not the case.

enough already ...

This started with an article about developments in battery technology

So, I'm going to detail what I remember about batteries and range in recent history, the dates and distances will be wrong, but they will be in the ballpark.

10 years ago, batteries in vehicles had about a range of a mile, and all EV's were HEV's

5 years ago, batteries in vehicles had about a range of 40 miles, and almost all EV's were HEV's

Now batteries in vehicles have ranges of about 200 to 300 miles, or more, and Tesla is selling almost 1,000,000 vehicles a year.

Developments ongoing in battery tech are pushing ranges above 500 miles, and also are reducing charging times from 8 to 15 hours to 5 to 40 minutes. The 500 miles range is in saleable vehicles today, the reduced charging times is 3 to 6 years out from saleable vehicles.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-01-11, 13:38

GRR Spartan wrote:

You, one guy who allegedly drives to West MI twice a month proves EV’s aren’t ready for prime time.

You're right GRR. My personal experience does not prove that EVs aren't ready for prime time. But the market place (composed of millions of "guys") does prove that given the market share of pure EVs is <5%. And even that is with the Feds giving people $7500 to buy one.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Bredo Morstoel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-01-11, 13:59

RQA wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

You're right GRR. My personal experience does not prove that EVs aren't ready for prime time. But the market place (composed of millions of "guys") does prove that given the market share of pure EVs is <5%. And even that is with the Feds giving people $7500 to buy one.

Dang. I guess Ford is going to feel dumb building all those electric F-150s.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-01-11, 14:40

GRR Spartan wrote:Twice a month wow.

One guy who makes 24 trips to West MI annually proves EV’s with a range of 300 miles won’t work.

Typical conclusion for all of your bs.  There are 5M cars registered in MI in 2021 but if doesn’t work for your alleged 2 round trips to West MI a month it doesn’t work for the million  If it doesn’t work for you it won’t work for 500,000 plus other commuters who drive from aa to Metro Detroit suburbs; the 30,000+  people who commute from Holland, Kalamazoo and Cedar/Rockford to GR.

Riiiight.

So RQA and I can go fuck ourselves because your utopian vision of rolling toasters doesn't cover our needs? Is that really your best argument?
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-01-11, 14:41

Trapper Gus wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

Every. Goddamn. Time.

For once, just once, I'd like to hear an EV rebuttal that didn't start with "Well yeah, but MOST drivers..."

Just to point out the word "majority" and the word "most" have different meanings.

Just to point out I've seen both used in these weak ass arguments by EV fan bois.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-01-11, 14:53

NigelUno wrote:
RQA wrote:

You're right GRR.   My personal experience does not prove that EVs aren't ready for prime time.    But the market place (composed of millions of "guys") does prove that given the market share of pure EVs is <5%.   And even that is with the Feds giving people $7500 to buy one.  

Dang.  I guess Ford is going to feel dumb building all those electric F-150s.  

It seems a bit late in the game for ideologues to keep lashing out against EVs.  The best they can come up with is, "They're not ready."  Yet somehow people actually drive them right now.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-01-11, 14:58

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

It seems a bit late in the game for ideologues to keep lashing out against EVs.  The best they can come up with is, "They're not ready."  Yet somehow people actually drive them right now.

It's almost like they have a personal stake in keeping oil flowing.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-01-11, 15:44

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Well let's see...

It takes a long time to fully recharge, making long trips impractical.

Range is sketchy and something people worry about.

The cost of an EV is significantly more than a comparably equipped IC vehicle.

There is added cost of 220v home charger - assuming you live in a home and not an apartment, condo, or other dwelling that may not be capable of HAVING a fast charger installed.

Charging stations not as ubiquitous as gas stations.  Often they are not as conveniently located, either.

Seems early in the game for EV fan bois to be lashing out at ICs.  All they can come up with is "Well, most people..."
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-01-11, 15:55

NigelUno wrote:

2022 build total for the Lightening F150? 15,000

2022 build total for gas F150? Somewhere around 700,000

Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates - Page 3 2803167989
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-01-11, 16:19

RQA wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I mean are you this dishonest in real life, or like Trump do you actually believe the stuff you say? I think that might be the most off putting or pathetic part of Trump Zombies.

Ford to double production of f150 ev to 150k next year.

Ford is planning to nearly double production capacity of the all-electric F-150 Lightning™ pickup to 150,000 vehicles per year at the Rouge Electric Vehicle Center in Dearborn, Michigan, to meet soaring customer demand

With unprecedented demand for the Mustang Mach-E, Ford earlier announced it will increase production starting this year and expects to reach 200,000-plus units per year by 2023; within 24 months, Ford will have the global capacity to produce 600,000 battery electric vehicles annually

DEARBORN, Mich., Jan. 4, 2022 – Ford Motor Company said today it is planning to nearly double production of the F-150 Lightning™ pickup at the Rouge Electric Vehicle Center in Dearborn to 150,000 trucks per year to meet high demand for the first all-electric version of America’s best-selling vehicle, the F-Series. And beginning Thursday, the first group of reservation holders will be invited to place their orders for the F-150 Lightning.

Article from Ford MediaArticle from Ford Media
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-01-11, 16:49

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

Well let's see...

There is added cost of 220v home charger - assuming you live in a home and not an apartment, condo, or other dwelling that may not be capable of HAVING a fast charger installed.

Charging stations not as ubiquitous as gas stations.  Often they are not as conveniently located, either.

Seems early in the game for EV fan bois to be lashing out at ICs.  All they can come up with is "Well, most people..."

What I came up with is, "People are driving them right now."  Sort of slams the door on the "not ready" bullshit, don't you think?

IC cars are more convenient for long drives and EVs are more convenient for in-town.  That's pretty easy to understand.  If you have a home charger, you might never have to visit a charging station with your day-to-day driver.  That's pretty convenient.  

You're saying EVs aren't "ready" because some people live in apartments with no charging stations.  Should I say gas engines aren't "ready" because most people don't have gas pumps in their garages?  Your argument is dumb.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-01-11, 16:58

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

It's almost like they have a personal stake in keeping oil flowing.

It is. And that would at least be understandable. But it seems to be just a product of ideology, which is a bit sad.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-11, 17:19

RQA wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

You're right GRR.   My personal experience does not prove that EVs aren't ready for prime time.    But the market place (composed of millions of "guys") does prove that given the market share of pure EVs is <5%.   And even that is with the Feds giving people $7500 to buy one.  

Before covid the new cars sales were about 17 million vehicles per year, sales in 2021 were around 13 million.

as per this site - https://financesonline.com/number-of-cars-in-the-us/

According to the Hedges Company, there were 286.9 million registered cars in the US in 2020. That’s 0.84% more than 2019’s 284.5 million units. The same study also suggests that by the end of 2021, 289.5 million vehicles would be roaming the roads of America (Hedges Company).

For EV's - For those wondering what is the number of electric vehicles in the US – there are over 1.1 million electric vehicles in the US with 3.4 EVs per 1000 people.

https://muchneeded.com/electric-vehicle-statistics/#:~:text=For%20those%20wondering%20what%20is%20the%20%EE%80%80number%EE%80%81%20%EE%80%80of,tax%20credit%20on%20purchase%20of%20new%20%EE%80%80electric%EE%80%81%20%EE%80%80cars%EE%80%81.

At 17 million new cars per year, it will take about 16.9 years to replace the current fleet in the US.

My point? That quoting the number of EV's on the road is silly during a transition from ICE to EV.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2022-01-11, 17:30; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-11, 17:22

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

Well let's see...

So far in this thread all I have seen are people lashing out at EV's, but if you can point to posts where ICE cars are being disparaged, go ahead and point me to them.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-11, 17:23

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Just to point out I've seen both used in these weak ass arguments by EV fan bois.

Have you? Please quote the posts for me.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-11, 17:24

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Twice a month wow.

Riiiight.

So RQA and I can go fuck ourselves because your utopian vision of rolling toasters doesn't cover our needs? Is that really your best argument?

He said nothing of the sort. dude. Calm down?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-11, 17:26

RQA wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

2022 build total for the Lightening F150?   15,000

2022 build total for gas F150?     Somewhere around 700,000

Yet Ford is demanding that the dealers do not take advantage of demand and sell at above retail sticker price, and has said they underestimated demand?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-01-12, 07:41

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

Well let's see...

What I came up with is, "People are driving them right now."  Sort of slams the door on the "not ready" bullshit, don't you think?

IC cars are more convenient for long drives and EVs are more convenient for in-town.  That's pretty easy to understand.  If you have a home charger, you might never have to visit a charging station with your day-to-day driver.  That's pretty convenient.  

You're saying EVs aren't "ready" because some people live in apartments with no charging stations.  Should I say gas engines aren't "ready" because most people don't have gas pumps in their garages?  Your argument is dumb.

You think "ready" = available for sale? You really are a semantics savant, aren't you?
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-12, 08:07

MARQUETTE COUNTY, MI – Porsche has set a new world record with the help of an Upper Peninsula mine.

The German automaker announced Tuesday that a Taycan Cross Turismo entered the Guinness World Record books after setting a new benchmark for the greatest altitude change ever achieved by an electric car –15,889 feet, or just over three miles.

https://www.mlive.com/auto/2022/01/electric-porsche-travels-from-inside-of-up-mine-to-pikes-peak-sets-guinness-world-record.html

Too bad the Calumet Mine is flooded; it goes down into the ground over 9000 feet.

edit - just to note, only an electric vehicle can do this.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2022-01-12, 10:03; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-01-12, 09:21

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

You think "ready" = available for sale? You really are a semantics savant, aren't you?

Whining about semantics isn't effective. I don't apologize for having a vocabulary and a grasp of logic any more than you apologize for the vacuity of your "not ready" complaint.

There are millions of EVs on the road. I asked what they're not ready for, and you clammed up. Then you gathered yourself and ran through a list of gripes that amounted to this: an EV isn't the best choice for everyone. Well, no shit! Neither is an IC car, a horse or a bicycle. So those aren't "ready" either?
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-01-12, 09:55

But RQA drives to West MI twice a month and it’s apparent he’s not making enough to have a more than one vehicle that’s gas or diesel powered at his disposal.

Perhaps he could rent twice a month if finances are so tight at home for vehicles to fill his two car garage.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-01-12, 17:00

Trapper Gus wrote:MARQUETTE COUNTY, MI – Porsche has set a new world record with the help of an Upper Peninsula mine.

The German automaker announced Tuesday that a Taycan Cross Turismo entered the Guinness World Record books after setting a new benchmark for the greatest altitude change ever achieved by an electric car –15,889 feet, or just over three miles.

https://www.mlive.com/auto/2022/01/electric-porsche-travels-from-inside-of-up-mine-to-pikes-peak-sets-guinness-world-record.html

Too bad the Calumet Mine is flooded; it goes down into the ground over 9000 feet.

Did you for get a slash S on your edit? If not, can you elaborate as to why "only an electric vehicle can do this?" Sounds like any random SUV could have pulled this off to me.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-01-12, 17:00

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

Whining about semantics isn't effective. I don't apologize for having a vocabulary and a grasp of logic any more than you apologize for the vacuity of your "not ready" complaint.

There are millions of EVs on the road. I asked what they're not ready for, and you clammed up. Then you gathered yourself and ran through a list of gripes that amounted to this: an EV isn't the best choice for everyone. Well, no shit! Neither is an IC car, a horse or a bicycle. So those aren't "ready" either?

You are an insufferable idiot.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-12, 18:08

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:MARQUETTE COUNTY, MI – Porsche has set a new world record with the help of an Upper Peninsula mine.

Did you for get a slash S on your edit?  If not, can you elaborate as to why "only an electric vehicle can do this?"  Sounds like any random SUV could have pulled this off to me.

It is because ICE's are not allowed in mines due to the fact that running an ICE creates deadly gases that kill people.  All the equipment in deep rock mines is powered via electric motors.

edit - this was said in the article, however maybe it didn't catch your brain.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2022-01-12, 18:10; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-01-12, 18:46

Pervis Muldoon wrote:

You guys keep telling us how great EVs are and they are ready for prime time now!

If only you could get actual people to buy them. Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates - Page 3 2803167989

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/does-anyone-even-want-electric-190100408.html
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-01-12, 18:47

Trapper Gus wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Did you for get a slash S on your edit?  If not, can you elaborate as to why "only an electric vehicle can do this?"  Sounds like any random SUV could have pulled this off to me.

It is because ICE's are not allowed in mines due to the fact that running an ICE creates deadly gases that kill people.  All the equipment in deep rock mines is powered via electric motors.

edit - this was said in the article, however maybe it didn't catch your brain.

Yeah, I missed that part of the article. OK, that's kind of fun.

I enjoyed driving my friend's 4xe Jeep down Mt. Evans. I gained about 22 miles of range - which is basically a full charge - by the time we got to Idaho Springs. Kind of cool 4 wheeling out in nature in full electric mode. I have to believe we didn't scare the wild life as much as the dirt bikes and ATVs.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-12, 18:53

RQA wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

You guys keep telling us how great EVs are and they are ready for prime time now!

If only you could get actual people to buy them. Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates - Page 3 2803167989

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/does-anyone-even-want-electric-190100408.html

So, 27% in the US going EV in next purchase .... more than South Korea or China.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-01-12, 18:55

Trapper Gus wrote:
RQA wrote:

So, 27% in the US going EV in next purchase .... more than South Korea or China.

I'm seeing 69% expect IC and another 22% will go hybrid. That's 91% NOT buying a plug in EV.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-12, 18:57

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I'm seeing 69% expect IC and another 22% will go hybrid.  That's 91% NOT buying a plug in EV.

Some HEVs are plug in ...

27% of a 17-million-unit market is 4,6 million units.

https://motorillustrated.com/top-10-plug-in-hybrid-phev-vehicles-with-the-most-range-for-2022/88711/
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-01-12, 19:27

Trapper Gus wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

I'm seeing 69% expect IC and another 22% will go hybrid.  That's 91% NOT buying a plug in EV.

https://motorillustrated.com/top-10-plug-in-hybrid-phev-vehicles-with-the-most-range-for-2022/88711/

You want to claim hybrids to your librul rolling toaster parade? (Is there a slash h for humor? I'm just joshing ya on that one.)

That's cool. See, I have no complaints about hybrids. I think they make FAR more sense than pure plug in EVs. But you know those zealots wanna outlaw the carbons. (still joshin')

Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-01-12, 21:33

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

You are an insufferable idiot.

So you've got nothing.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-01-12, 21:42

RQA wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

Such a weird take. 22% say they'll buy a hybrid next, 5% say they'll buy a fully electric vehicle. What's your anger level at hybrids? Just half mad?
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-13, 08:19

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

You want to claim hybrids to your librul rolling toaster parade? (Is there a slash h for humor? I'm just joshing ya on that one.)

That's cool. See, I have no complaints about hybrids. I think they make FAR more sense than pure plug in EVs. But you know those zealots wanna outlaw the carbons. (still joshin')

Hybrids have evolved a bunch in the last 10 years. Electric range is such that they are the car that runs electric for day-to-day travel and used the ICE for longer trips, plus many of them are plug in charging too.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-01-13, 08:27

Pervis Muldoon wrote:

Such a weird take.

It is weird. Despite the expertise provided by our board engineering expert and his pal the language expert that EVs are ready for prime time right now, it turns out that only 5% of Americans expect their next car to be one.

RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Bredo Morstoel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-13, 08:33

RQA wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

Such a weird take.

It is weird. Despite the expertise provided by our board engineering expert and his pal the language expert that EVs are ready for prime time right now, it turns out that only 5% of Americans expect their next car to be one.

27%, dude
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-01-13, 08:37

DWags wrote:
RQA wrote:

I mean are you this dishonest in real life, or like Trump do you actually believe the stuff you say? I think that might be the most off putting or pathetic part of Trump Zombies.

If there is any dishonesty here it is on your part. But I will give you the benefit of the doubt and figure you are just misreading or misinterpreting.

You are quoting numbers projected for 2023! And even that "doubling" is based on earlier projections for production in 2023.

My numbers are for 2022.

The distinction is important because you guys are claiming that EVs are ready for prime time NOW. Even if 2023 projections turn out to be accurate gas F150s will outsell the EV version by 5:1
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-13, 08:46

RQA wrote:
DWags wrote:

I mean are you this dishonest in real life, or like Trump do you actually believe the stuff you say?  I think that might be the most off putting or pathetic part of Trump Zombies.

If there is any dishonesty here it is on your part.  But I will give you the benefit of the doubt and figure you are just misreading or misinterpreting.

You are quoting numbers projected for 2023!   And even that "doubling" is based on earlier projections for production in 2023.

My numbers are for 2022.

The distinction is important because you guys are claiming that EVs are ready for prime time NOW.    Even if 2023 projections turn out to be accurate gas F150s will outsell the EV version by 5:1

Technically BEV's are ready for the use many users use their vehicles for.

The price point is a significant issue thus the early adaptors will be upper income users.

The price is only partly driven by costs, it is more driven by how much the sellers can charge and be able to sell all the vehicles they build.

Also, another driving factor in acceptance is charging stations and charging time.

This thread started by pointing out there are battery technologies being readied for production in the 3-to-5-year range that significantly reduce charging time.

Charging stations are much easier to install than gas stations.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next