Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass Shooting - A Patriot Exercising Their Constitutional Right in Brooklyn..

+15
GRR Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
Other Teams Pursuing That
Motown Spartan
AvgMSUJoe
RQA
Bredo Morstoel
DWags
duffy munn
Jake from State Farm
MiamiSpartan
kingstonlake
Trapper Gus
NumbersDude
Robert J Sakimano
19 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Mass Shooting - A Patriot Exercising Their Constitutional Right in Brooklyn..  - Page 5 Empty Re: Mass Shooting - A Patriot Exercising Their Constitutional Right in Brooklyn..

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-04-19, 19:10

kingstonlake wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

I can see where, if there wasn't a gun in the house, there would be less chance of being killed by a gun within the house. There's some statistics for ya, there! Kind of like when Trump told us COVID cases would go down if we stopped testing.

Mass Shooting - A Patriot Exercising Their Constitutional Right in Brooklyn..  - Page 5 502811600

Look, friend, I'm not mandating that everyone have a gun in their house (although that's an interesting idea...) but leave those of us who have read your silly statistics and are willing to chance it, the fuck alone.

I think you misunderstood. With a gun in the home you are more likely to be killed by that one gun than you are by someone killing you with one of the roughly 350 million guns currently in the US.

Take suicides out of that statistic and get back to me.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Mass Shooting - A Patriot Exercising Their Constitutional Right in Brooklyn..  - Page 5 Empty Re: Mass Shooting - A Patriot Exercising Their Constitutional Right in Brooklyn..

Post by kingstonlake 2022-04-19, 19:24

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I think you misunderstood. With a gun in the home you are more likely to be killed by that one gun than you are by someone killing you with one of the roughly 350 million guns currently in the US.

Why?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-04-19, 19:27

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Ever heard of a shield?

Protect and kill are not synonyms.

You're gonna stop an intruder from raping your wife and kids with a shield?  

Good luck.

On the extremely rare chance that my home is ever invaded what is the best gun to have to fend off the the .6% of invasions where a rape or sexual assault occurred?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-04-19, 19:42

kingstonlake wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

Good luck.

On the extremely rare chance that my home is ever invaded what is the best gun to have to fend off the the .6% of invasions where a rape or sexual assault occurred?

Potato gun.

God speed.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-04-19, 19:43

kingstonlake wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

Why?

Because suicide is a separate topic from gun violence. Libs scream gun violence and then use stats that include mopey derps blowing the heads off. If you wanna bitch about gun violence, let's stick to those stats.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-04-19, 20:06

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Why?

Because suicide is a separate topic from gun violence. Libs scream gun violence and then use stats that include mopey derps blowing the heads off. If you wanna bitch about gun violence, let's stick to those stats.

Enjoy your stay here, loser.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-04-19, 20:07

kingstonlake wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

I can see where, if there wasn't a gun in the house, there would be less chance of being killed by a gun within the house.  There's some statistics for ya, there!  Kind of like when Trump told us COVID cases would go down if we stopped testing.  

Mass Shooting - A Patriot Exercising Their Constitutional Right in Brooklyn..  - Page 5 502811600

Look, friend, I'm not mandating that everyone have a gun in their house (although that's an interesting idea...) but leave those of us who have read your silly statistics and are willing to chance it, the fuck alone.

Then I guess the question becomes, why the fuck do we care? If that’s a real statistic, which I have no reason to doubt, let these John Wayne Cowboys shit their pants if a squirrel drops a Chestnut against their windows shoot the fuck out of them selves. Like I said I think in this thread these people that are into guns in this manner have mental issues. If it’s self inflection it’s not that it makes you happy it’s just that you don’t care as much. Let them play cowboy most of them aren’t the type  that would actually hurt anybody else with a gun.

I like the idiots that have those stickers on their windows that say” this house is protected by Smith and Wesson“. Perfect, let the bad guy know to be on the lookout because there’s a gun inside. Most people that respect guns and are actually good with them you wouldn’t know where they are in the house or that they had them there. And they certainly wouldn’t be on a message board talking about it

Last edited by DWags on 2022-04-19, 20:09; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-04-19, 20:09

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Why?

Because suicide is a separate topic from gun violence.  Libs scream gun violence and then use stats that include mopey derps blowing the heads off.  If you wanna bitch about gun violence, let's stick to those stats.

Yeah, let's leave those out.  And the ones where toddlers shoot themselves or others.  And the ones where hunters mistake an orange vest for a deer. And the "just cleaning it and it went off" ones.  And the ones where someone comes home late and dad thinks it's a burglar.  And the ones where cops shoot someone.  And the ones where the shooter is just trying to wing someone and the bullet hits something important.  And the shooting range accidents.  And the ones where a teenager wants to show his friends the sweet gun his dad just bought and oops it was loaded.  And the ones where the guy is just threatening his girlfriend with the gun and it has a hair trigger.  And the mass shootings by crazy fuckers should only count as one. It's usually a single event but they often get credit for the entire body count, which isn't fair.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-04-19, 20:26

DWags wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Then I guess the question becomes, why the fuck do we care? If that’s a real statistic, which I have no reason to doubt, let these John Wayne Cowboys shit their pants if a squirrel drops a Chestnut against their windows shoot the fuck out of them selves. Like I said I think in this thread these people that are into guns in this manner have mental issues. If it’s self inflection it’s not that it makes you happy it’s just that you don’t care as much. Let them play cowboy most of them aren’t the type  that would actually hurt anybody else with a gun.

I like the idiots that have those stickers on their windows that say” this house is protected by Smith and Wesson“. Perfect, let the bad guy know to be on the lookout because there’s a gun inside. Most people that respect guns and are actually good with them you wouldn’t know where they are in the house or that they had them there. And they certainly wouldn’t be on a message board talking about it

But I was told this was an anonymous message board and there was no reason to not talk about your guns?
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

NumbersDude likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-04-19, 20:31

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
DWags wrote:

But I was told this was an anonymous message board and there was no reason to not talk about your guns?

But, you already implied you had guns.

Are you trying to self own yourself? Seems to be working.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-04-19, 20:32

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
DWags wrote:

Typical, paranoid as hell somebody’s gonna break into your house, but don’t think twice if somebody can trace IP stuff. Hey whatever fits I really like the people that are selectively paranoid. They are way more entertaining
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2022-04-19, 21:31

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Ever heard of a shield?

Protect and kill are not synonyms.

Good luck.

I didn't say a shield was appropriate for all situations, don't be silly. I simply conjured an example of something nonlethal one could protect oneself with.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-04-20, 00:40

DWags wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

Typical, paranoid as hell somebody’s gonna break into your house, but don’t think twice if somebody can trace IP stuff. Hey whatever fits I really like the people that are selectively paranoid. They are way more entertaining

I know where my IP points to.

Good luck with that. Mass Shooting - A Patriot Exercising Their Constitutional Right in Brooklyn..  - Page 5 502811600
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-04-20, 07:01

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
DWags wrote:

Good luck with that. Mass Shooting - A Patriot Exercising Their Constitutional Right in Brooklyn..  - Page 5 502811600

But where does your gun point to?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-04-20, 08:45

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Why?

Because suicide is a separate topic from gun violence.  Libs scream gun violence and then use stats that include mopey derps blowing the heads off.  If you wanna bitch about gun violence, let's stick to those stats.

So people dying via the use of a gun is not always gun violance?

Without the guns, which make suicide easy, many of those violent deaths do not happen.

I disagree with you as this discussion is about deaths caused by guns.  All of the deaths, not just some of the deaths.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude 2022-04-20, 10:55

Trapper Gus wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

Without the guns, which make suicide easy, many of those violent deaths do not happen.

I disagree with you as this discussion is about deaths caused by guns.  All of the deaths, not just some of the deaths.

Medically assisted suicide should be an option for Americans.
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Bredo Morstoel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-04-20, 11:14

Trapper Gus wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

The term "violence" to me, implies a force enacted on someone. No, that's not the text book definition, but based upon current cultural usage and context, there is an unwilling victim somewhere in the equation.

You want to paint the ceiling with your brains? God bless you and yours. I don't see that as the same thing at all.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-04-20, 11:25

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

The term "violence" to me, implies a force enacted on someone. No, that's not the text book definition, but based upon current cultural usage and context, there is an unwilling victim somewhere in the equation.

You want to paint the ceiling with your brains? God bless you and yours. I don't see that as the same thing at all.

Okay.

Still eliminating guns solves a great amout of violance using either of our definitions, regardless of all your emotional laden hypotheticals.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-04-20, 11:32

Trapper Gus wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

Okay.

Still eliminating guns solves a great amout of violance using either of our definitions, regardless of all your emotional laden hypotheticals.

But your solution assumes a magical waving of the wand and making all of the pew pew machines disappear overnight. It's a fairy tale.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-04-20, 11:49

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Okay.

But your solution assumes a magical waving of the wand and making all of the pew pew machines disappear overnight.  It's a fairy tale.

Only if everyone thinks like you.

If enought people think like I do, and posting in "gun" threads is doing what I can to make that so, then the laws, and if necessary the Constitution, can be modified to eliminate most guns from our lives.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2022-04-20, 13:06; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-04-20, 12:35

duffy munn wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

But where does your gun point to?

Again, his selective paranoia is more entertaining than he thinks. And way more telling than he knows.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and Bredo Morstoel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-04-20, 14:37

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
I'm not worried about anyone coming to take my guns.

Bredo Morstoel wrote:  If we could get a handle on all of this crime, maybe I wouldn't need so many guns?

Bredo Morstoel wrote:Guess I'll just have to keep my guns, then.

NigelUno wrote:

How many guns do you own?  

Bredo Morstoel wrote:

None-of-your-business-teen.

Bredo Morstoel wrote:I have never once in my life feared that the government would take away my hypothetical firearms.

Why the numerous posts about your guns (plural), and then the faux outrage over someone asking how many you own, and then switching to the word "hypothetical"?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-04-20, 14:45

NigelUno wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

Bredo Morstoel wrote:  If we could get a handle on all of this crime, maybe I wouldn't need so many guns?

NigelUno wrote:

Bredo Morstoel wrote:

Bredo Morstoel wrote:I have never once in my life feared that the government would take away my hypothetical firearms.

Why the numerous posts about your guns (plural), and then the faux outrage over someone asking how many you own, and then switching to the word "hypothetical"?

Zactly. He’s also selectively paranoid. Add that up and what do you get?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-04-20, 15:04

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Bang bang
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

NigelUno, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude 2022-04-20, 17:03

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:

Bang bang

Why are you guys harassing him about how many guns he owns? Its none of your business.
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-04-20, 17:31

No one's going to take your guns. Forced castration is illegal.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-04-20, 18:14

NigelUno wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

NigelUno wrote:

Bredo Morstoel wrote:

Why does anybody want to know or care? It's obvious you guys don't like guns. You're not interested in any of my firearms. You don't want to discuss scopes, or custom 1911s, or reliability, or debate wheel guns vs. semi automatics. You don't want to rehash arguments about caliber or load. You just want to paint me as some kind of a nut. So therefore, I will continue to refuse to answer the question and snicker every time you bring it up.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-04-20, 18:29

Like love hate guns. What the hell does that mean? If I do or don’t have a gun or two in my house, I have the same feeling for it as I do my lawn mower or wrench or butane lighter.

WTF is wrong with people?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-04-20, 18:30

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Why does anybody want to know or care? It's obvious you guys don't like guns. You're not interested in any of my firearms. You don't want to discuss scopes, or custom 1911s, or reliability, or debate wheel guns vs. semi automatics. You don't want to rehash arguments about caliber or load. You just want to paint me as some kind of a nut. So therefore, I will continue to refuse to answer the question and snicker every time you bring it up.

Bang, bang bang Mass Shooting - A Patriot Exercising Their Constitutional Right in Brooklyn..  - Page 5 502811600
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-04-20, 18:35

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

YOU brought up your numerous guns. If you didn't want to talk about them, maybe you shouldn't have brought them up.

And why the change to hypothetical?

(Snicker)
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-04-20, 19:07

An anonymous poster (with numerous guns) is afraid of what some other anonymous posters will say about him on a message board.

Worst schtick ever.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-04-20, 19:17

This is devolving into a TOB type of thread.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-04-20, 19:25

Trapper Gus wrote:This is devolving into a TOB type of thread.

Agreed. Not a lot of emotional intelligence within this group.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-04-20, 19:28

Bredo Morstoel wrote:

Just to keep it at TOB level, as you seemed determind to do, you would be included in the group you are citing.

Grow up and be the adult, dude.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-04-20, 19:29

Trapper Gus wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

Just to keep it at TOB level, as you seemed determind to do, you would be included in the group you are citing.

Yeah. I'm the one who needs to change here.

Oh yeah, here's your: /s
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-04-20, 19:36

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Yes you are, with no "/s"

Grow up already
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-04-20, 19:42

Trapper Gus wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

Grow up already

I am one of the most level headed posters here. We come across a couple of topics where I don't tow the liberal circle jerk party line and I need to grow up? Fuck you.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

NumbersDude likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude 2022-04-20, 19:47

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Grow up already

I am one of the most level headed posters here. We come across a couple of topics where I don't tow the liberal circle jerk party line and I need to grow up? Fuck you.

The mob mentality from some people here is quite interesting and often spirals into a flurry of insults and personal attacks.
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-04-20, 19:52

Bredo Morstoel wrote:

This post is confusing in that I don’t know if it’s ironic or self aware. Either way.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude 2022-04-20, 19:56

DWags wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

This post is confusing in that I don’t know if it’s ironic or self aware. Either way.

Teach Peace. Even on a message board.
Mass Shooting - A Patriot Exercising Their Constitutional Right in Brooklyn..  - Page 5 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5igzaggg7233qm3i6kit2e0bosrqjjpi1tmdv88y9&rid=200
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next