Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Izzo on the Tunnel

+22
Jake from State Farm
Rick Saunders
kingstonlake
MiamiSpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
MrMojoRisin
InTenSity
AvgMSUJoe
MSU addict
Other Teams Pursuing That
Floyd Robertson
Heat Miser
aualum06
Pervis Muldoon
Nordic
Turtleneck
steveschneider
Trapper Gus
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
duffy munn
DWags
26 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Izzo on the Tunnel  - Page 4 Empty Re: Izzo on the Tunnel

Post by DWags 2022-11-29, 09:14

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:

What’s SLS fans?

Guessing self loathing spartans

I don’t even know what Reddit is. I’m assuming another forum like twitter?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2022-11-29, 09:15

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:

What’s SLS fans?

That's it.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2022-11-29, 09:17

DWags wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I don’t even know what Reddit is. I’m assuming another forum like twitter?
They were one of the top 5 sites years ago, probably still top 10 on the internet. Basically a huge online forum with old formatting. I think its easier to find what you want to follow, as all the subreddits can be followed or not.

/idiotsincars is a great subreddit.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMojoRisin 2022-11-29, 09:56

If Haller had half of Izzo's moxy he might be a great AD. Poor leadership from Haller sadly.
MrMojoRisin
MrMojoRisin
Spartiate

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-29, 10:13

MrMojoRisin wrote:If Haller had half of Izzo's moxy he might be a great AD.  Poor leadership from Haller sadly.

Problem with thoughts like this and what dwags said earlier in the thread is that we simply do not have all of the facts.

Did the big ten originally want a million dollar fine, kick the players out of the big ten forever, and public apologies to jim harbaugh and for Tucker to place flowers on bo schembechlers grave? And that was all negotiated down to what we saw yesterday? Do we know?

We don’t. All we know is what we saw yesterday. We can’t say that we capitulated to the big ten and just gave them whatever they wanted without push back since we don’t know what the big ten actually wanted. We’re just assuming the result is what the wanted, but how do we know?

Last edited by Travis of the Cosmos on 2022-11-29, 10:14; edited 1 time in total
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-11-29, 10:14

MrMojoRisin wrote:If Haller had half of Izzo's moxy he might be a great AD. Poor leadership from Haller sadly.
Is administrating while black the same as coaching while black? Does Haller believe that to be true? (probably)

Just more kindling for the um hatred fire.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-29, 10:15

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
MrMojoRisin wrote:If Haller had half of Izzo's moxy he might be a great AD. Poor leadership from Haller sadly.

Problem with thoughts like this and what dwags said earlier in the thread is that we simply do not have all of the facts.

Did the big ten originally want a million dollar fine, kick the players out of the big ten forever, and public apologies to jim harbaugh and for Tucker to place flowers on harbaugh’s grave? And that was all negotiated down to what we saw yesterday? Do we know?

We don’t. All we know is what we saw yesterday. We can’t say that we capitulated to the big ten and just gave them whatever they wanted without push back since we don’t know what the big ten actually wanted. We’re just assuming the result is what the wanted, but how do we know?

True enough.

Why MSU is being punished for UofM's lack of control is puzzling, however.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-29, 10:16

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Is administrating while black the same as coaching while black? Does Haller believe that to be true? (probably)

Yes, it is, slightly less visible, but still the same issues with the dominate culture.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-29, 10:24

Trapper Gus wrote:

Did the big ten originally want a million dollar fine, kick the players out of the big ten forever, and public apologies to jim harbaugh and for Tucker to place flowers on harbaugh’s grave? And that was all negotiated down to what we saw yesterday? Do we know?

True enough.

Yeah I mean I’ve gone on plenty of unhinged rants in the last month about how Michigan needs to be help accountable for this as much or more than anyone else. I just don’t jive with blaming our administration when all we see is the end result
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-11-29, 10:28

Is there something to the right of you avatar?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-11-29, 10:37

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

I can say a few things with confidence about Haller. Dude is smart and very self aware. He also very quiet by nature but he is also a competitor. Do I wish he had stood up publicly? Yes. But I bet he was in constant communication with the administration ( whomever that may be right now), Tucker and the league. Probably the Ann Arbor police too.

Bottom line is what's done is done. I wouldn't expect Haller, Tucker or even Izzo to say another word about it
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-11-29, 10:38

I still don't understand why a 4 game suspension was warranted. Just because we were waiting for the Big Ten? If the message from Tucker (to the team) is that behavior like this won't be tolerated, then OK...I'll live with that.

2 game max based on previous suspensions should have been fine though.

And how the hell can the Big Ten impose fines, rule on suspensions, and lengthen a suspension (in a less than timely manner)...and not do a damn thing about a kid making racist comments on the ice? Why did our player have to bring that to light?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-11-29, 10:42

Turtleneck wrote:Can you cite other times with fanboy prosecutors used the judicial system to punish a rival? I’ll wait, bro.

You kinda changed what you said. Your post said manipulating the legal system for relative gain. I’ll get back to you if i can find fanboy prosecutors.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-29, 10:43

NigelUno wrote:I still don't understand why a 4 game suspension was warranted. Just because we were waiting for the Big Ten? If the message from Tucker (to the team) is that behavior like this won't be tolerated, then OK...I'll live with that.

And how the hell can the Big Ten impose fines, rule on suspensions, and lengthen a suspension (in a less than timely manner)...and not do a damn thing about a kid making racist comments on the ice? Why did our player have to bring that to light?

The 4 game suspensions were not justified, but while the players were under investigation there was nothing MSU could do.

The B1G is a shit organization which bows down to OSU / UofM and fucks the rest of the conference in the ass.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-11-29, 10:45

Trapper Gus wrote:

True enough.

Because MSU players were on video hitting uofm players in the tunnel. Maybe.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-29, 10:56

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

True enough.

First of all, what the players do is on the players, not MSU.

If MSU didn't have rules or policies on this, then the B1G could fine MSU for it.

The direct cause of the fight, from an institution POV, as Izzo among others points out, was UofM's lack of control of entrance to the tunnel.  This is what needs to be corrected and this is what the institutions fine should mainly be about.

If there are to be fines for the actions of the players, then they should be "per-player", thus 7 fines to MSU at whatever the fine for fighting is, 2 fines to UofM for whatever the fine for fighting is, and 2 fines to UofM for the players not following the tunnel procedures. (Just like most workplaces, when there is a fight both parties are at fault)

In addition, there should be a team fine to UofM for taunting after the end of the game.

If the B1G was really "by-the-book" this is what would have happened.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-11-29, 10:59

Turtleneck wrote:Can you cite other times with fanboy prosecutors used the judicial system to punish a rival? I’ll wait, bro.

I’ll get back to you if i can find fanboy prosecutors.

Not sure if serious
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-11-29, 11:01

Trapper Gus wrote:

If MSU didn't have rules or policies on this, then the B1G could fine MSU for it.

The direct cause of the fight, from an institution POV, as Izzo among others points out, was UofM's lack of control of entrance to the tunnel.  This is what needs to be corrected and this is what the institutions fine should mainly be about.

If there are to be fines for the actions of the players, then they should be "per-player", thus 7 fines to MSU at whatever the fine for fighting is, 2 fines to UofM for whatever the fine for fighting is, and 2 fines to UofM for the players not following the tunnel procedures. (Just like most workplaces, when there is a fight both parties are at fault)

In addition, there should be a team fine to UofM for taunting after the end of the game.

Sorry i misunderstood your post. You were talking about the fine not the suspensions. Got it. Yeah fine doesn’t make sense. Suspensions do
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-29, 11:08

Trapper Gus wrote:

Sorry i misunderstood your post. You were talking about the fine not the suspensions. Got it. Yeah fine doesn’t make sense. Suspensions do  

The length of the suspension for the 6 players who are charged with misconduct are excessive.  Similar suspensions for similar actions on the field have most often been one game, or none.  The length of the suspension for the player charged with a felony is extremely excessive, since we all know it will be plea bargained down.  This is assuming that any of them are actually convicted.  If they are not the suspensions are pure bullshit, as was the 3-game suspension for the player not charged.

The lack of suspensions for the UofM players involved is also bs.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2022-11-29, 11:45; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-11-29, 11:13

Trapper Gus wrote:
NigelUno wrote:I still don't understand why a 4 game suspension was warranted. Just because we were waiting for the Big Ten? If the message from Tucker (to the team) is that behavior like this won't be tolerated, then OK...I'll live with that.

The 4 game suspensions were not justified, but while the players were under investigation there was nothing MSU could do.

The B1G is a shit organization which bows down to OSU / UofM and fucks the rest of the conference in the ass.

OSU's hockey player was allowed to play while the Big Ten "investigated".
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-11-29, 11:44

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Agree that there’s no way tucker can say something remotely close to what izzo said and come away from it positively. This response, like having his bball team 5-2 was another izzo masterclass.

He is literally the face of the university and he came out swinging. Wish he mentioned more incidents that UofM has gotten away with, but he was fired up and probably didn’t plan this.

True. Izzo has experience with media going after him for ridiculous shit, like lunging at a player. He has experience with media tying him to things that he wasn't involved in, like Nassar's abuses. He has experience with local media members who know better but can't or won't set the record straight. He's also seen the same things happen to the football coaches, and he's seen the vastly different treatment Michigan gets. This has to be infuriating for him. I appreciate the pointed but restrained way he handled that.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

duffy munn and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-11-29, 12:47

I get the feeling that MSU, Tuck, Haller went into 'damage control' too quickly due to the back-channel relationship UM has with the media.

I suspect if they had it to do over again, there would've been a more measured response vs. a quick reaction. Maybe lesson learned for the next time UM baits players into a situation then plays whiny, sanctimonious victim to the sympathetic media?

Hope so.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags, Trapper Gus and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-11-29, 13:04

Goodbar.   Izzo on the Tunnel  - Page 4 502811600

Izzo on the Tunnel  - Page 4 11476857
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Robert J Sakimano, Travis of the Cosmos, duffy munn, DWags, Pervis Muldoon, Nordic and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-11-29, 13:04

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Agree that there’s no way tucker can say something remotely close to what izzo said and come away from it positively. This response, like having his bball team 5-2 was another izzo masterclass.

He is literally the face of the university and he came out swinging. Wish he mentioned more incidents that UofM has gotten away with, but he was fired up and probably didn’t plan this.

True. Izzo has experience with media going after him for ridiculous shit, like lunging at a player. He has experience with media tying him to things that he wasn't involved in, like Nassar's abuses. He has experience with local media members who know better but can't or won't set the record straight. He's also seen the same things happen to the football coaches, and he's seen the vastly different treatment Michigan gets. This has to be infuriating for him. I appreciate the pointed but restrained way he handled that.

He also recruited Chris Webber
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-11-29, 13:16

NigelUno wrote:Goodbar.   Izzo on the Tunnel  - Page 4 502811600

Izzo on the Tunnel  - Page 4 11476857

Izzo on the Tunnel  - Page 4 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-11-29, 13:54

Trapper Gus wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Haven't felt like typing it all out, but since the night of the altercation,  UM and the media have been up front with some racist dog whistling.

Yes, the altercation was some black dudes going at it. Since then, it's been all gasping and pearl-clutching with a strong helping of racist insinuations from UM and the media. Using words like "jumped", I've seen/heard "thugs" thrown around.. a black head coach who has a penchant for gold chains, fancy cars and swagger vs the khaki-wearing Savior from the "Harvard of the Midwest ".

I could go on.. but I won't. Loved Izzo's take, by the way. That's my guy right there and, yes, he's being the unofficial spokesperson for MSU because he can be. Love it.

Also, I think Tuck can (and will) play this like a drum when given the chance. When sitting in a recruit's living room, who do you think has a young black recruits back? The guy who knowingly sends expendable players into a tunnel to start some shit or the coach who knows what it's like to have to keep your hands on the steering wheel and out of your pockets when they're near a cop?

This is what Tucker has been trying to avoid in public. If he said anything critical the dog whistles would increase in volume, which sucks but it is what it is.

No mention of the thuggish behavior on the UofM side?

This guy fucks
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-11-29, 14:02

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I get the feeling that MSU, Tuck, Haller went into 'damage control' too quickly due to the back-channel relationship UM has with the media.

I suspect if they had it to do over again, there would've been a more measured response vs. a quick reaction. Maybe lesson learned for the next time UM baits players into a situation then plays whiny, sanctimonious victim to the sympathetic media?

Hope so.

It’s not like there wasn’t a huge faction of people who knew exactly what was going to happen, and publicly bagged on every piece of social media, they could get their hands on, and said we’ve got to get ahead of this. However, that wasn’t the strategy that this administration chose. And for those claiming tuck is afraid of these so-called dog whistles, and then in the next breath claim he’s going to use them as a recruiting tool, well, you got me more baffled than ever.

And for the record, I certainly do believe more and more dog whistles would have happened.  tell me why that’s a bad thing for MSU? How would it hurt our recruiting? Because there is a school of thought that believes those dog whistles would help recruiting.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-11-29, 14:15

You kinda changed what you said. Your post said manipulating the legal system for relative gain. I’ll get back to you if i can find fanboy prosecutors.

Does Dana Nessel / Dr. Anderson count?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-11-29, 15:05

Bob says harbaugh sent expendable players into the tunnel to start shit? I didn’t know that. Wasn’t one of the guys covering Coleman in the secondary?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-29, 15:06

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Bob says harbaugh sent expendable players into the tunnel to start shit? I didn’t know that. Wasn’t one of the guys covering Coleman in the secondary?

Poorly
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-11-29, 16:10

Nordic wrote:

Does Dana Nessel / Dr. Anderson count?

lol Kinda
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-11-29, 16:23

NigelUno wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

He meant the criminal investigation. I believe Tucker confirmed they would remain suspended pending this outcome. And the BIG was in turn waiting on the prosecutor. The criminal charges (and video) make these very different circumstances.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-11-29, 16:42

I said the same thing in both posts. Relative gain in this case means using the legal system to impose costs on your rival to your advantage. In other words, a prosecutor who is willing to use the levers of power available to him not for justice but instead to harm a rival. Both posts say the same thing, and you aren’t going to find too many cases to cite.

I thought SLS was slightly lactating Spartans. Is that not right?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn, DWags, Trapper Gus and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-11-29, 17:32

Nordic wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

He meant the criminal investigation. I believe Tucker confirmed they would remain suspended pending this outcome. And the BIG was in turn waiting on the prosecutor. The criminal charges (and video) make these very different circumstances.

Not sure why the Big Ten had to wait on anything. A punch got a few basketball players one game last year. Seems like a standard has been set. Just because a local prosecutor wants to make a stink shouldn't necessarily impact the Big Ten.

And the Big Ten investigated and didn't do jack shit about a racist comment.

So, I think deferring to their decision making process (and punishment) is kinda dumb.

But, I could be wrong.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-11-29, 18:03

NigelUno wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Not sure why the Big Ten had to wait on anything. A punch got a few basketball players one game last year. Seems like a standard has been set. Just because a local prosecutor wants to make a stink shouldn't necessarily impact the Big Ten.

So, I think deferring to their decision making process (and punishment) is kinda dumb.

But, I could be wrong.

You would have to ask them.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-29, 19:09

NigelUno wrote:
Nordic wrote:

But, I could be wrong.

If they were an honest organization you would be correct. If someone eles offers MSU more than they get from the B1G they should jump.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-11-29, 21:11

Nordic wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

But, I could be wrong.

I don't need to ask them. I can just say their process and punishment is bullshit.

Izzo on the Tunnel  - Page 4 3775540924
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2022-11-29, 22:03

Trapper Gus wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

But, I could be wrong.

If they were an honest organization you would be correct. If someone eles offers MSU more than they get from the B1G they should jump.

Been saying this for years. Would be happy if MSU went to the SEC. Screw the Big Ten.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-11-29, 22:09

NigelUno wrote:
Nordic wrote:

I don't need to ask them. I can just say their process and punishment is bullshit.

Izzo on the Tunnel  - Page 4 3775540924

OK. Glad we worked that out.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-11-29, 23:10

I don’t know, if you read back through this thread, and other threads regarding the whole incident, I think there are a couple categories you can put us all in.

I don’t think any of us believe the punishment fit the crimes. I think we’re all on the same page with that. I also think we’re all on the same page with helmet swinger not being on our team, these are things we’ve all been agreeing on from the get-go

Then there are those of us who believe it was handled wrong by our administration, our staff, and our PR people. I really believe 90 to 95% of us all believe it was handled wrong . I think most of us are on the same page with that.

I honestly think where our disagreements come in is not that it was handled correctly or that crime fit the punishment but basically why Tucker and the administration handled it in the way they did. We will never know why they handled it in the way they did.  Some of us believe Tucker had to handle it the way he did, because he was black, which is very understandable, some of us believe why didn’t he just go out and say what he needed to say because it doesn’t matter, we’ll always be treated the same. either way he did it

As far as the media favoring one side, as far as the papers in the news, favoring those whiny ass little shit we all know that’s true well, no that won’t change and we all can bang her heads against the wall about it.

I don’t know I just feel good that Tom Izzo said what he said.  

That’s all I got.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next