Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Izzo on the Tunnel

+22
Jake from State Farm
Rick Saunders
kingstonlake
MiamiSpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
MrMojoRisin
InTenSity
AvgMSUJoe
MSU addict
Other Teams Pursuing That
Floyd Robertson
Heat Miser
aualum06
Pervis Muldoon
Nordic
Turtleneck
steveschneider
Trapper Gus
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
duffy munn
DWags
26 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Izzo on the Tunnel  - Page 5 Empty Re: Izzo on the Tunnel

Post by NigelUno Wed 30 Nov 2022 - 8:12

Getting in a public fight about length of suspensions could have been a PR nightmare. If Tucker is preaching discipline, we almost had to err on the side of a lengthy suspension.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That, Trapper Gus and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 30 Nov 2022 - 8:26

NigelUno wrote:Getting in a public fight about length of suspensions could have been a PR nightmare. If Tucker is preaching discipline, we almost had to err on the side of a lengthy suspension.

Mel Tucker handled it well and represents the university well. I thought it was a bit ridiculous to have a four game suspension but I'm over it at this point and ready to move on. Hoping our basketball team takes the broom to the University of Michigan and wins with class. If Juwan lays his hands on anyone thought then yes, file charges.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 30 Nov 2022 - 9:04

What has winning with class gotten us? I hope we dunk it while up 30 points with 2 seconds left, while running through one of their defenders. Given the chance they will do the exact same to us, so fucking keep a foot on their neck if they're down.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 30 Nov 2022 - 10:11

InTenSity wrote:What has winning with class gotten us? I hope we dunk it while up 30 points with 2 seconds left, while running through one of their defenders. Given the chance they will do the exact same to us, so fucking keep a foot on their neck if they're down.

Against ASU (and Wisconsin last year), UM pressed late and then tried to start shit (and act tough) while getting their ass beat.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed 30 Nov 2022 - 10:40

InTenSity wrote:What has winning with class gotten us? I hope we dunk it while up 30 points with 2 seconds left, while running through one of their defenders. Given the chance they will do the exact same to us, so fucking keep a foot on their neck if they're down.

I hear ya Inten but we both know this will never happen under Izzo. 114-63 was the statement and it stands decades later.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 30 Nov 2022 - 10:45

duffy munn wrote:

I hear ya Inten but we both know this will never happen under Izzo. 114-63 was the statement and it stands decades later.

If MSU has the chance to put a score like that on UofM with no games scheduled for a few days afterwards, remember this was the final game of the regular season, so Izzo didn't need to worry about resting the starters, Izzo may likely do it again.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 30 Nov 2022 - 10:46

You roll around in the mud with a pig you get muddy and the pig likes it. UofM is the pig, their low class behavior is the mud and as my grandpa used to say you can't put a price on dignity.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

duffy munn and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 30 Nov 2022 - 11:16

steveschneider wrote:

You roll around in the mud with a pig you get muddy and the pig likes it. UofM is the pig, their low class behavior is the mud and as my grandpa used to say you can't put a price on dignity.

Just like in the tunnel, if MSU does what UofM did the MSU will be attacked by the press and fined by the B1G.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 30 Nov 2022 - 12:11

Trapper Gus wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Just like in the tunnel, if MSU does what UofM did the MSU will be attacked by the press and fined by the B1G.

We will be walking into buzz saws if we try to replicate their behavior or go tit for tat.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 30 Nov 2022 - 12:21

First, I’m not confident we’re that much better, if at all, than Michigan. We will also get their very best game. But, if we happen to be winning by six or eight or 10 or 20 at the end of the game, I would full-court press them man-to-man and try to fast break for any points we could get.

Their athletic Director and their football coach have stated publicly by both actions and words that they don’t give a shit about us, let’s not give a shit about them or their feelings and let the press roll. I’m just going to paste below the headlines of the Detroit news and Free Press the day after the 114 to 63 beat down. Remember they said they were doing a one-year retrospective of the riots at MSU even though it was only 11 months later and it was just a coincidence that they published it on Sunday, March 5 after the March 4, 2000 beat down if anybody wants to tell me that was a coincidence I will laugh in your face

Izzo on the Tunnel  - Page 5 50c78a10

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

goodbar and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 30 Nov 2022 - 12:45

Trapper Gus wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Well, they have already been fined by the Big 10 for exactly what the Big 10 decided not to fine UM for. It's a horse shit conference.

Izzo also pointed to the Oct. 30, 2018, game at Spartan Stadium, after which the Big Ten fined MSU but not U-M for a pregame incident involving former Wolverines player Devin Bush during warmups.

That year, the Big Ten determined MSU violated the Big Ten Sportsmanship Policy by walking across the field with linked arms — something Mark Dantonio’s program had done for years without incident. Bush and a few other Wolverines already were on the field warming up before the Spartans arrived that day, and the conference said the MSU line of players “initiated contact with multiple members of Michigan’s team who were legitimately on the field during pregame warmups.” MSU received a $10,000 fine and Dantonio was reprimanded “for failing to take action to mitigate a foreseeable conflict from occurring.”

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos, Cameron, AvgMSUJoe and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 30 Nov 2022 - 13:25

Turtleneck wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Well, they have already been fined by the Big 10 for exactly what the Big 10 decided not to fine UM for. It's a horse shit conference.

Izzo also pointed to the Oct. 30, 2018, game at Spartan Stadium, after which the Big Ten fined MSU but not U-M for a pregame incident involving former Wolverines player Devin Bush during warmups.

That year, the Big Ten determined MSU violated the Big Ten Sportsmanship Policy by walking across the field with linked arms — something Mark Dantonio’s program had done for years without incident. Bush and a few other Wolverines already were on the field warming up before the Spartans arrived that day, and the conference said the MSU line of players “initiated contact with multiple members of Michigan’s team who were legitimately on the field during pregame warmups.” MSU received a $10,000 fine and Dantonio was reprimanded “for failing to take action to mitigate a foreseeable conflict from occurring.”

Would love to see the B1G rules and where the amount of the fines are documented.

Yes it is, on TOB I have been arguing that MSU should look for a better deal from the SEC.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 30 Nov 2022 - 17:19

Bob whatever happened to “i will never forget and forgive them for what they did to my family…”?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 1 Dec 2022 - 10:53

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/university-michigan/wolverines/2022/12/01/michigan-football-mazi-smith-felony-weapon-charge/69691960007/

The charges, from an incident on October 7th, were filed Wednesday conveniently after the regular season was over.

The washtenaw county prosecutor should be disbarred and I’m not joking. There has to be some kind of ethics board or something that governs when people are making these prosecutorial decisions based off of a goddamn football game
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 1 Dec 2022 - 11:17

Rules for thee but not for me!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 1 Dec 2022 - 11:22

There's no way Harbaugh didn't know he was playing a guy that would face felony charges.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 1 Dec 2022 - 11:25

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Bob whatever happened to “i will never forget and forgive them for what they did to my family…”?
I forget.. scratch
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 1 Dec 2022 - 11:27

NigelUno wrote:There's no way Harbaugh didn't know he was playing a guy that would face felony charges.

Wonder if any Michigan reporters will run with this. Probably not of course, but would love to see it!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu 1 Dec 2022 - 11:30

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:https://www.freep.com/story/sports/university-michigan/wolverines/2022/12/01/michigan-football-mazi-smith-felony-weapon-charge/69691960007/

The charges, from an incident on October 7th, were filed Wednesday conveniently after the regular season was over.

The washtenaw county prosecutor should be disbarred and I’m not joking. There has to be some kind of ethics board or something that governs when people are making these prosecutorial decisions based off of a goddamn football game

So nearly 2 months to file charges against their guy. And how long did it take for our guys? A week or two? scratch
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu 1 Dec 2022 - 11:31

Izzo on the Tunnel  - Page 5 1896033241
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu 1 Dec 2022 - 11:32

Heat Miser wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:https://www.freep.com/story/sports/university-michigan/wolverines/2022/12/01/michigan-football-mazi-smith-felony-weapon-charge/69691960007/

So nearly 2 months to file charges against their guy. And how long did it take for our guys? A week or two? scratch

Four weeks, right after the last game of the season...
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 1 Dec 2022 - 11:32

Emoni Bates was charged on felony gun charges, in washtenaw county, the very day after the incident. Why did this one take 7 football games, er sorry 7 weeks, to file the charges?

I mean the answer is obvious, it’s just that absurd.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu 1 Dec 2022 - 11:36

Trapper Gus wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

The B1G penalties were after the last game. Charges were filed long before that weren't they?

EDIT: 11/23. A full week before the SCum guy's charges despite his "incident" occurring nearly 4 weeks before the "tunnel incident". Priorities.

Last edited by Heat Miser on Thu 1 Dec 2022 - 11:44; edited 1 time in total
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu 1 Dec 2022 - 11:43

Heat Miser wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

The B1G penalties were after the last game. Charges were filed long before that weren't they?

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2022/11/29/michigan-state-football-khary-crump-arraigned-michigan-stadium-tunnel/69686117007/

November 23rd

Freep November 29th wrote:Crump was arraigned on a charge of felony assault with a dangerous weapon, which was issued by Washtenaw County Prosecutor Eli Savit on Wednesday. Video from ABC inside the tunnel showed Crump swinging his helmet at U-M player Gemon Green during the incident, with MSU teammate Jacoby Windmon nearby.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 1 Dec 2022 - 11:45

A helmet is way worse than a gun, bro.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu 1 Dec 2022 - 11:52

Trapper Gus wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2022/11/29/michigan-state-football-khary-crump-arraigned-michigan-stadium-tunnel/69686117007/

Yep. So nearly 2 months for their 1 guy, and 3.5 weeks for our 8 guys.

November 23rd

Freep November 29th wrote:Crump was arraigned on a charge of felony assault with a dangerous weapon, which was issued by Washtenaw County Prosecutor Eli Savit on Wednesday. Video from ABC inside the tunnel showed Crump swinging his helmet at U-M player Gemon Green during the incident, with MSU teammate Jacoby Windmon nearby.

Yep. So nearly 2 months for their 1 guy, and 3.5 weeks for our 8 guys. Makes sense to me.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu 1 Dec 2022 - 12:05

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:A helmet is way worse than a gun, bro.

Guns don't kill people, helmets kill people.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu 1 Dec 2022 - 12:07

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Our guys should've went with the "stand your ground" defense.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 1 Dec 2022 - 12:10

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Izzo on the Tunnel  - Page 5 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 1 Dec 2022 - 12:14

They are going to be SO reprimanded by the big ten for this. The reprimand will be HUGE. You’ll never see such a stern and yet very brief email in your whole life.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 1 Dec 2022 - 12:27

Let me guess. They'll sit him for the big ten championship game where they're 17pt favorites in a game where if they lose they're still in the playoff?

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 1 Dec 2022 - 12:32

There's no way they didn't know this wasn't coming down today. I'm shocked they don't have some PR spin to it already.

I think he might play this weekend. They'll go with no comment and let the judicial process play out.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

InTenSity likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 1 Dec 2022 - 12:37

Heat Miser wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Our guys should've went with the "stand your ground" defense.

Stealing this.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 1 Dec 2022 - 12:38

NigelUno wrote:There's no way they didn't know this wasn't coming down today. I'm shocked they don't have some PR spin to it already.

I think he might play this weekend. They'll go with no comment and let the judicial process play out.

I will bet anyone a dollar to a donut that it’s going to be a one game suspension for Purdue, reinstated for the playoffs. Anybody want to give me some odds?

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 1 Dec 2022 - 12:45

It also hits the news the day after UofM’s media availability for the big ten ship. Crazy timing!
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders Thu 1 Dec 2022 - 12:49

DWags wrote:

I will bet anyone a dollar to a donut that it’s going to be a one game suspension for Purdue, reinstated for the playoffs. Anybody want to give me some odds?

Izzo on the Tunnel  - Page 5 4113017228 I think you just set the odds. Izzo on the Tunnel  - Page 5 2943907172
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Other Teams Pursuing That and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 1 Dec 2022 - 12:52

BUT HES GOING TO BE SITTING THE First 30 DAYS OF DECEMBER!!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 1 Dec 2022 - 12:55

Rumpelstiltskin Free Press is on the case!!!

[tw]1598342467279114245?s=46&t=fYJG4nG4PbXY4z7lnzcr9A[/tw]
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 1 Dec 2022 - 13:14

I fucking called it.

[tw]1598376345461002246[/tw]
NigelUno