Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Izzo on the Tunnel

+22
Jake from State Farm
Rick Saunders
kingstonlake
MiamiSpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
MrMojoRisin
InTenSity
AvgMSUJoe
MSU addict
Other Teams Pursuing That
Floyd Robertson
Heat Miser
aualum06
Pervis Muldoon
Nordic
Turtleneck
steveschneider
Trapper Gus
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
duffy munn
DWags
26 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Izzo on the Tunnel  - Page 8 Empty Re: Izzo on the Tunnel

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-12-06, 13:35

I wonder if 50 in a residential 25 would get some ordinary people's license suspended for a bit.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2022-12-06, 13:41

Floyd Robertson wrote:I wonder if 50 in a residential 25 would get some ordinary people's license suspended for a bit.

I don't know about suspended, but that's a pricey ticket. And if he was ticketed for 50, then he was actually going at least 60.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-12-06, 13:42

Heat Miser wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:I wonder if 50 in a residential 25 would get some ordinary people's license suspended for a bit.

I don't know about suspended, but that's a pricey ticket. And if he was ticketed for 50, then he was actually going at least 60.

That's a good point about the likely ticket speed markdown, hadn't thought that.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-12-06, 13:53

Heat Miser wrote:69 total round? I'm sure he just in a hurry to get to the firing range for some target practice. I'm told he's a standup guy. Nothing to see here.

Somebody said he was in a hurry to get to “the nice kid and upstanding cooperative person” banquet
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-12-06, 14:10

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:[tw]1600193119789555712[/tw]

He was honest, forthcoming and cooperative when he tried to stash the gun as he was being pulled over for blowing through a residential area in his big pickup at over twice the speed limit. He is a tremendous young man.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-12-06, 14:40

That kid on the Michigan Daily is going to need to write an update.

And UM's President knew all along and OK'd Mazi playing?

Yikes.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-12-06, 14:42

Honestly, I wish the lawyer defending our Spartan kids would call this prosecutor to the stand.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2022-12-06, 14:47

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

That's a good point about the likely ticket speed markdown, hadn't thought that.

25 over is reckless driving in MI. 4 points and a very nice insurance price increase. In GA that's a "super speeder" ticket.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-12-06, 14:49

Heat Miser wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

25 over is reckless driving in MI. 4 points and a very nice insurance price increase. In GA that's a "super speeder" ticket.

You knew that a bit too quick Heat. Spill it. Izzo on the Tunnel  - Page 8 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-12-06, 14:49

They'll have to suspend him now, right?

Do we really buy that he was "honest" about the whole thing? That he told Harbaugh that the gun was loaded? Calling BS on that.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-12-06, 14:55

Forget suspending Mazi. Harbaugh, Warde, and the President should be suspended by their BOT pending an investigation.

How the fuck does a school President sign off on NOTHING happening to a student found with a loaded gun (and no license)?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-12-06, 14:56

Heat Miser wrote:

Was he ticketed at all for anything?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2022-12-06, 14:57

DWags wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

You knew that a bit too quick Heat. Spill it. Izzo on the Tunnel  - Page 8 502811600

tMrs got caught in one of those notorious GA speed traps on I-75. Think she was going something like 95 in a 65. Cop was nice enough to write the ticket for 10ish over. Those tickets are not challengeable in GA. No Ticket Clinic shit going on there, but no points either. Pay the fine over the interwebs (~$250 IIRC) and move on. Nice little cash cow they've got going. 1 cop on the overpass with the speed gun. Other cop on the on ramp ready to pursue.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-12-06, 15:06

C'mon guys. Who doesn't need to be roamimg the mean streets of AA with 59 rounds on their person?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-12-06, 15:08

Heat Miser wrote:
DWags wrote:

tMrs got caught in one of those notorious GA speed traps on I-75. Think she was going something like 95 in a 65. Cop was nice enough to write the ticket for 10ish over. Those tickets are not challengeable in GA. No Ticket Clinic shit going on there, but no points either. Pay the fine over the interwebs (~$250 IIRC) and move on. Nice little cash cow they've got going. 1 cop on the overpass with the speed gun. Other cop on the on ramp ready to pursue.

That smells unconstitutional. Not that anyone cares much about that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2022-12-06, 15:25

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
DWags wrote:

Yep. No due process. Not sure how they're getting away with that.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-12-06, 15:32

Heat Miser wrote:

Maybe they are challengeable at 95, but if you agree to a ticket at the lower speed you're admitting guilt (and can't challenge it).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2022-12-06, 15:49

NigelUno wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Maybe they are challengeable at 95, but if you agree to a ticket at the lower speed you're admitting guilt (and can't challenge it).

Well, he didn't say "I clocked you at 95, but I'll put you down for 75, Sound good to you?" He just came back with the ticket and said "I put you down for 75." No word about not being challengeable. I suppose we would've had to try to refuse to accept the ticket. I'm sure that would've went well.Izzo on the Tunnel  - Page 8 502811600
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2022-12-06, 15:52

Where was he going double the speed limit with a loaded gun and bullets in his pockets?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-12-06, 15:53

So much for the “it’s all a big misunderstanding” from the UM fanbase.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2022-12-06, 16:01

Turtleneck wrote:So much for the “it’s all a big misunderstanding” from the UM fanbase.

The more we learn the worse it looks.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-12-06, 16:47

Heat Miser wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Well, he didn't say "I clocked you at 95, but I'll put you down for 75, Sound good to you?" He just came back with the ticket and said "I put you down for 75." No word about not being challengeable. I suppose we would've had to try to refuse to accept the ticket. I'm sure that would've went well.Izzo on the Tunnel  - Page 8 502811600

Don't know. But, I think you pay the ticket or go to court. Maybe Georgia is different.

https://georgia.gov/traffic-violations

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-12-06, 17:40

So much for the “it’s all a big misunderstanding” from the UM fanbase.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-12-06, 17:45

Turtleneck wrote:So much for the “it’s all a big misunderstanding” from the UM fanbase.

Wait til the facts come out - Jimmy HaterTot
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2022-12-06, 18:22

NigelUno wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Don't know. But, I think you pay the ticket or go to court. Maybe Georgia is different.

This was a few years ago. Maybe somebody got the rules overturned. Or maybe the rules are different for an out of state offender. At the time, going to court was not an option. Also, it wasn't state police. It was a municipality setting up the speed trap.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-12-06, 18:28

I was curious if Brad Galli would have an update on the 6PM WXYZ news, home of the Harbaugh show in Detroit. Complete silence on the subject. #whitewash #bluewall
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2022-12-06, 18:36

NigelUno wrote:

Wait til the facts come out - Jimmy HaterTot

God willing and as long as the creek don’t rise.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-12-06, 18:44

Heat Miser wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

This was a few years ago. Maybe somebody got the rules overturned. Or maybe the rules are different for an out of state offender. At the time, going to court was not an option. Also, it wasn't state police. It was a municipality setting up the speed trap.

I think I remember hearing about that. Like a Buford T. Justice kind of thing.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-12-06, 20:17

Heat Miser wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

TBF, it does sound like something that Boss Hogg would be running to line his pockets. Was it Sheriff Coltrane that stopped her by any chance?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-12-06, 20:34

Maybe it is the program and not the players at UM

Early that morning, the police stopped the duo outside of a Hill Street apartment after Terrell”s ex-girlfriend called the police claiming he was breaking into her apartment. Terrell was not charged with any crime. But Whitley was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon after the police found a gun inside his jacket.

Whitley, a co-captain, was dismissed from the football team by coach Lloyd Carr later that day. He then went to trial on a felony charge, facing up to five years in prison.

Meanwhile, Terrell went on to catch four balls for 136 yards and a touchdown in the Citrus Bowl and was defended by his former coach.

https://www.michigandaily.com/sports/sportsmonday-dont-let-winning-distract-you-from-the-athletic-departments-failures/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2022-12-06, 20:39

Turtleneck wrote:Maybe it is the program and not the players at UM

Early that morning, the police stopped the duo outside of a Hill Street apartment after Terrell”s ex-girlfriend called the police claiming he was breaking into her apartment. Terrell was not charged with any crime. But Whitley was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon after the police found a gun inside his jacket.

Whitley, a co-captain, was dismissed from the football team by coach Lloyd Carr later that day. He then went to trial on a felony charge, facing up to five years in prison.

Meanwhile, Terrell went on to catch four balls for 136 yards and a touchdown in the Citrus Bowl and was defended by his former coach.

https://www.michigandaily.com/sports/sportsmonday-dont-let-winning-distract-you-from-the-athletic-departments-failures/

Leaders and the best my ass!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2022-12-06, 21:59

NigelUno wrote:I think I remember hearing about that. Like a Buford T. Justice kind of thing.

MiamiSpartan wrote:TBF, it does sound like something that Boss Hogg would be running to line his pockets.  Was it Sheriff Coltrane that stopped her by any chance?

Tifton is the name of the city. Between Valdosta & Macon on I-75. Definitely Buford T. Justice/Roscoe P. Coltrane country. And it's not uncommon in GA.

Atlanta Journal-Constitution ~ Traffic tickets: Some cities use interstates as cash registers
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-12-06, 23:19

Got Wojo pissed at me. Izzo on the Tunnel  - Page 8 502811600

[tw]1600329028711239680?s=46&t=_v32yBptCj8n3QG5_5T1mA[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-12-06, 23:42

DWags wrote:Got Wojo pissed at me. Izzo on the Tunnel  - Page 8 502811600

[tw]1600329028711239680?s=46&t=_v32yBptCj8n3QG5_5T1mA[/tw]

Go Wags! Wojo is such a slapdick and I'm glad you called him out.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-12-07, 06:33

He doesn't deny anything you said, but just deflects by calling it part of a Spartan playbook. Just the kind of gaslighting you see in politics.

Pathetic response from a so-called independent and professional journalist.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-12-07, 07:54

Turtleneck wrote:Maybe it is the program and not the players at UM

Looks like Carr thought that a potental felony gun charge was reason for dismissal from the team, even for a captain, how far the mighty have fallen.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2022-12-07, 08:20

MiamiSpartan wrote:He doesn't deny anything you said, but just deflects by calling it part of a Spartan playbook. Just the kind of gaslighting you see in politics.

He’s not a journalist he writes op-eds.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-12-07, 08:25

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:He doesn't deny anything you said, but just deflects by calling it part of a Spartan playbook. Just the kind of gaslighting you see in politics.

He’s not a journalist he writes op-eds.

Lazy reply on his part, though, and dishonest.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-12-07, 08:47

I don’t know if you guys read him. If you don’t, that’s a good thing. I wrote what I wrote for the following reason: after the tunnel incident well, Joe had a column a headline on his column, read the following;” let’s call the MSU act when it is cowardly”.  

[tw]1587292790853144576?s=46&t=fGcQ8JbfQJ3GA6lwLq5_Rw[/tw]

Last edited by DWags on 2022-12-07, 09:06; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-12-07, 08:59

DWags wrote:I don’t know if you guys read him. If you don’t, that’s a good thing. I wrote what I wrote for the following reason: after the tunnel incident well, Joe had a column a headline on his column, read the following;” let’s call the MSU act when it is cowardly”.  

[tw] 1587292790853144576?s=46&t=fGcQ8JbfQJ3GA6lwLq5_Rw[/tw]

For some reason, unless the tweet reference is just the "1587292790853144576" the software in my browser will not display it.

[tw]1587292790853144576[/tw]

Now seeing his headline and "take" on what was just a typical football field fight I would say he is way over the top with his opinion.

There was some pushing and shoving on the field after the game and the entire UofM team, is a planned move, assaulted the MSU team on the MSU sideline with taunts.

I could say it was "nice" of the UofM team to not bring their illegal guns onto the field, but that is a bit snarky.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next