Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Izzo on the Tunnel

+22
Jake from State Farm
Rick Saunders
kingstonlake
MiamiSpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
MrMojoRisin
InTenSity
AvgMSUJoe
MSU addict
Other Teams Pursuing That
Floyd Robertson
Heat Miser
aualum06
Pervis Muldoon
Nordic
Turtleneck
steveschneider
Trapper Gus
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
duffy munn
DWags
26 posters

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Izzo on the Tunnel  - Page 7 Empty Re: Izzo on the Tunnel

Post by DWags 2022-12-02, 13:50

Fuck them all. I have no idea why we didn't come out full throat against these guys. I want Tucker to succeed. I love Haller for personal reasons. He immediately went to the cheer squad and other "lesser" teams When Hollis was in trouble, he called them into his office and let them air their grievances. My kid never got cold weather swag from Nike, never got a parking pass to Jenison even though she had morning practices at 6 a.m. daily and often her and her teamates were ticketed by the end. After the meeting that all changed. Girls got a buch of new swag Eddy Murray didn't have to dish out 12K to buy them different outfits, it was all Haller, so selfishly, I like the guy. But I won't forgive those two for not full throating this. I know and respect your arguments as to why not, but I completely disagree.

Had we come out full throat against those asswipes, it wouldn't change one thing as far as news coverage or the Detroit media hate towards us. It would, in my opinion, have helped with showing how we back up our players. To me, if I was an outsider, I'd think JH backed his players up way more than MSU or Tucker did. I see this lawyer for MSU and the players are doing it at least. Good for them. Go Fucking Green!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-12-02, 13:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:didn't one of their players also recently amplify some anti-semitic rhetoric?

I suspect he was shown some brochures and 'learned his lesson'.

His jersey has become a big seller among Michigan fans.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-12-02, 14:04

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:didn't one of their players also recently amplify some anti-semitic rhetoric?

I suspect he was shown some brochures and 'learned his lesson'.

Is this true?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-12-02, 14:06

Just read this quote:

"There is nothing to suggest that Mr. Brown is a danger to anyone, quite the opposite. He is a gentle, kind, charitable young man who is good to his family, good to his friends, good to his program. I take issue that he is a danger to the University of Michigan, their coaches, their players, outside of the context of a fight that happens all the time."

I'd just ask anyone, why would that have been so hard for Haller and Tucker to say?

Dont' understand it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-12-02, 14:16

DWags wrote:Just read this quote:

"There is nothing to suggest that Mr. Brown is a danger to anyone, quite the opposite. He is a gentle, kind, charitable young man who is good to his family, good to his friends, good to his program. I take issue that he is a danger to the University of Michigan, their coaches, their players, outside of the context of a fight that happens all the time."

I'd just ask anyone, why would that have been so hard for Haller and Tucker to say?

Dont' understand it.

You can be a threat and be charitable. Al Capone ran a fucking soup kitchen.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-12-02, 14:25

Turtleneck wrote:
NigelUno wrote:There has to be someone at the school with some nuts. I mean...a prosecutor fanboy (who also teaches at the law school) buries a felony gun charge for 7 weeks...

Someone is going to speak up, right?

No. It's not much different from another cult I am thinking of.

I don't think this one is going to go away as easily as Jeff Jackson crashing Warde's car.

More layers to this story.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-12-02, 14:34

Dont' understand it.

Maybe every player we had get suspended is a monster who deserves prison, kicks puppies, and hates charity.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That, DWags and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-12-02, 14:34

Dont' understand it.

I don't think we have enough info about any discussions Haller (or Tucker) had with the Big Ten. And Tucker may have had a no nonsense approach to the whole thing (so, maybe 4 games vs. 2 games didn't matter). Maybe they had assurances from the Big Ten that Michigan would (at least) get a reprimand (to assign some blame).

And I think there will be added incentive for 60 minutes of unnecessary roughness next fall.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-12-02, 14:35

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Dont' understand it.

Maybe every player we had get suspended is a monster who deserves prison, kicks puppies, and hates charity.

You know what? That’s a really good point.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-12-02, 14:39

NigelUno wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

No. It's not much different from another cult I am thinking of.

I don't think this one is going to go away as easily as Jeff Jackson crashing Warde's car.

D wags what are the odds of this set as i see you’ve been gambling a lot? Nothing is going to happen. It’s Michigan.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-12-02, 14:41

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Dont' understand it.  

I don't know about the players, but that is an incredibly accurate description of the message board poster Guest.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-12-02, 15:13

DWags wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

Is this true?

Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports was on The Dan Patrick Show yesterday, talking about NIL. He said that he was in Ann Arbor at the big Michigan store this past Sunday and saw five different people buying Donovan Edwards jerseys in about twelve minutes.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-12-02, 15:23

ANN ARBOR, Mich. — Two days after issuing a public apology for promoting antisemitic messaging on social media, Michigan running back Donovan Edwards was back in the lineup amid the support of his teammates.

it's almost like there is a problem with the culture down there.. scratch
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-12-02, 15:33

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

D wags what are the odds of this set as i see you’ve been gambling a lot? Nothing is going to happen. It’s Michigan.

3:1 nothing happens and that great institution of higher learning teaches Masi Smith absolutely nothing. Except if you’re a star you are privileged.

I’ve been hot the last two nights. I thought singlletary and diggs both scoring an anytime touchdown at +435 was free money.

Izzo on the Tunnel  - Page 7 C5321c10
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-12-02, 15:37

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
DWags wrote:

Is this true?

Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports was on The Dan Patrick Show yesterday, talking about NIL. He said that he was in Ann Arbor at the big Michigan store this past Sunday and saw five different people buying Donovan Edwards jerseys in about twelve minutes.

216 yards and 2 TDs vs. OSU will boost some jersey sales.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-12-02, 15:47

Most can agree the MSU players who assaulted the U-M players should’ve been held accountable. And they were. One was charged with a felony. Six were charged with misdemeanors. Those seven, plus one more, missed four games.

This also means, however, that in the eyes of the law what Smith did three weeks before the tunnel incident was more serious than what six of MSU’s players did. And yet he is scheduled to suit up Saturday night.

It reeks, frankly. The lack of a suspension for one. Harbaughs’ indignant tone on Oct. 31 for another, when he knew his own player was facing a potential felony gun charge.

Harbaugh also knows that the MSU players likely put lots of goodwill into their communities, too. He knows they are young, like Smith. He knows that a misdemeanor mistake shouldn’t define the rest of those players' lives.

But he didn’t talk about any of the larger context that day. This is part of grace as well.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/columnists/shawn-windsor/2022/12/02/michigan-football-mazi-smith-gun-charge-jim-harbaugh-hyprocrisy/69695665007/
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-12-02, 16:23

NigelUno wrote:
Most can agree the MSU players who assaulted the U-M players should’ve been held accountable. And they were. One was charged with a felony. Six were charged with misdemeanors. Those seven, plus one more, missed four games.

This also means, however, that in the eyes of the law what Smith did three weeks before the tunnel incident was more serious than what six of MSU’s players did. And yet he is scheduled to suit up Saturday night.

It reeks, frankly. The lack of a suspension for one. Harbaughs’ indignant tone on Oct. 31 for another, when he knew his own player was facing a potential felony gun charge.

Harbaugh also knows that the MSU players likely put lots of goodwill into their communities, too. He knows they are young, like Smith. He knows that a misdemeanor mistake shouldn’t define the rest of those players' lives.

But he didn’t talk about any of the larger context that day. This is part of grace as well.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/columnists/shawn-windsor/2022/12/02/michigan-football-mazi-smith-gun-charge-jim-harbaugh-hyprocrisy/69695665007/

Wow. Waiting for Wojo or Angelique to chime in.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-12-02, 19:14

NigelUno wrote:

Who wrote that and how did they hack the Freep servers to get that up there?

Seriously, though, how deeply buried is that article? I have a feeling it won't be front and center on the web or the paper, and that it won't get the same social media promotion that other articles get. Just a hunch.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags, Pervis Muldoon and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-12-02, 20:49

NigelUno wrote:

Oh shit. He gone. Shocked
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-12-02, 20:51

MiamiSpartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Who wrote that and how did they hack the Freep servers to get that up there?

Seriously, though, how deeply buried is that article? I have a feeling it won't be front and center on the web or the paper, and that it won't get the same social media promotion that other articles get. Just a hunch.

I'd like to know more about it, too. That's 180 degrees from what Albom wrote.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-12-03, 13:12

Help me out, because I’m old and forgetful. Lloyd Car had some discipline issues once on his team, and they were pretty bad, and Lloyd said that he wasn’t going to start them and play them in the first quarter, because of the penalty of not sharing their name over the Michigan loudspeakers, would be devastating to them. So I guess he then inserted them into the game after the first series.

I’m completely forgetting what it was about.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-12-03, 13:34

DWags wrote:Help me out, because I’m old and forgetful. Lloyd Car had some discipline issues once on his team, and they were pretty bad, and Lloyd said that he wasn’t going to start them and play them in the first quarter, because of the penalty of not sharing their name over the Michigan loudspeakers, would be devastating to them. So I guess he then inserted them into the game after the first series.

Was it manningham?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-12-03, 14:47

DWags wrote:Help me out, because I’m old and forgetful. Lloyd Car had some discipline issues once on his team, and they were pretty bad, and Lloyd said that he wasn’t going to start them and play them in the first quarter, because of the penalty of not sharing their name over the Michigan loudspeakers, would be devastating to them. So I guess he then inserted them into the game after the first series.

Was it manningham?

Yeah, maybe it was, it was something just so ridiculous and for Lloyd to say that not hearing their name, as starters would be devastating to them was just laugh out loud funny I wish I could remember what the crime and punishment were
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-12-03, 15:00

DWags wrote:

Was it manningham?

Yeah, maybe it was, it was something just so ridiculous and for Lloyd to say that not hearing their name, as starters would be devastating to them was just laugh out loud funny I wish I could remember what the crime and punishment were

According to reading at other online places some cat called Goodwin and a buddy stole a lot from Kmart, a lot being enough to make it a felony, and sat one play
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-12-03, 16:42

aualum06 wrote:
DWags wrote:

According to reading at other online places some cat called Goodwin and a buddy stole a lot from Kmart, a lot being enough to make it a felony, and sat one play

That’s what it was.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2022-12-05, 08:45

Throwing more gasoline on the fire.

"We found out the day it happened. Mazi was completely honest, up front, cooperative, felt like he gave us the exact circumstances," Harbaugh said. "I really respect the justice system and feel like there'll be a fair resolution that comes soon from that. As far as the decision to play Mazi Smith, from the time of the incident through now, that's a decision that's made by our athletic director, Warde Manuel, and our president, Santa Ono, and myself. ... All who know Mazi Smith know the kind of person he is, the trust he's built up in our program."

"I'm not gonna comment on whether I think it's a felony or not, or whether it should've been charged as a felony or not," Harbaugh said when asked if Michigan has a strict policy on how to handle such matters.

"You can't compare this to the low-hanging fruit that's out there," he continued. "I'd just encourage you not to pander to the Twittersphere, and really the haters that like to drink the Hater-ade and eater their Hater-tots."
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-12-05, 09:04

It was cute how they addressed Mazi on Fox during the Big Ten Championship by saying he traveled with the team and was starting.

But didn't say anything else. Izzo on the Tunnel  - Page 7 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2022-12-05, 09:22

NigelUno wrote:It was cute how they addressed Mazi on Fox during the Big Ten Championship by saying he traveled with the team and was starting.

But didn't say anything else. Izzo on the Tunnel  - Page 7 502811600

I hate watched some of the game (rooting for Purdue) and when UofM ran out on the field they described them as a program based on integrity or something like that.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-12-05, 10:07

steveschneider wrote:Throwing more gasoline on the fire.

"You can't compare this to the low-hanging fruit that's out there," he continued. "I'd just encourage you not to pander to the Twittersphere, and really the haters that like to drink the Hater-ade and eater their Hater-tots."

Harbs is right, this is much worse than the "low hanging fruit" by which, of course he means anything the MSU program does, thus it is not comparable.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-12-05, 11:26

So I take it this is being washed out of the news cycle, and UM and the disgraceful prosecuting attorney with the legal acumen of a dead pigeon just get away with their hypocrisy and corruption. Seems about right.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, DWags, Pervis Muldoon and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-12-05, 12:16

Turtleneck wrote:So I take it this is being washed out of the news cycle, and UM and the disgraceful prosecuting attorney with the legal acumen of a dead pigeon just get away with their hypocrisy and corruption. Seems about right.

Hypocrisy?  As Mitch Albom pointed out, Mazi's alleged felony was victimless, so it's not even as bad as the Spartans' alleged misdemeanors. Obviously, the Spartans present the greater danger.  I mean when has a firearm ever caused a problem in a school?
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-12-05, 12:24

Turtleneck wrote:So I take it this is being washed out of the news cycle, and UM and the disgraceful prosecuting attorney with the legal acumen of a dead pigeon just get away with their hypocrisy and corruption. Seems about right.

Winning washes a lot of sins away.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-12-05, 12:35

DWags wrote:

Yep
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-12-05, 13:21

DWags wrote:

Only for UofM in this State. MSU was winning but the sins were still exposed whenever the MSM could.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-12-05, 13:28

Trapper Gus wrote:
DWags wrote:

Only for UofM in this State. MSU was winning but the sins were still exposed whenever the MSM could.

How so? Genuine question? Would love some examples.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-12-05, 13:41

Trapper Gus wrote:

Only for UofM in this State.  MSU was winning but the sins were still exposed whenever the MSM could.

The Michigan Daily ran an article on all the hi-jinks at UofM which have been mostly ignored by the MSM.

https://www.michigandaily.com/sports/sportsmonday-dont-let-winning-distract-you-from-the-athletic-departments-failures/

MSU of course, had all the title IX reporting stuff and most any violation in any sport reported often on page one above the fold, often multiple articles, in the MSM in Detroit, even while MSU was winning B1G football & basketball titles.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-12-05, 13:47

Trapper Gus wrote:

Payne and Appling, Paula, outside the lines, blue wall like forever. All things Nassar in relation to MSU football and basketball. Need more?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-12-05, 15:10

Trapper Gus wrote:

LJ and Rucker come to mind. Both on winning teams. Both still were hammered.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-12-06, 13:22

[tw]1600193119789555712[/tw]
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2022-12-06, 13:34

69 total round? I'm sure he just in a hurry to get to the firing range for some target practice. I'm told he's a standup guy. Nothing to see here.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next